Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. 21:42 - Apr 11 with 2302 viewsScuzzer

Poor as a poor thing on a poor day. Ha ha

Established 1968

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 21:46 - Apr 11 with 2132 viewsTresBonne

They have been absolutely battered. Full credit to Atalanta, came to have a go and look what they've done!
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 22:31 - Apr 11 with 2016 viewsWestSussexBlue

Just seen that. Quite a shock tbf.
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 22:59 - Apr 11 with 1947 viewskesblue

Won't be there fault though
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 23:39 - Apr 11 with 1911 viewsLord_Lucan

As it happens I was in Liverpool this morning and I had a bit of spare time so I drove to and around Anfield and Goodison Park just for a snout.

I didn’t know that Liverpool were even playing but once I got to Anfield I assumed they were as the pop up scarf sellers had set up and it was only about 10.30.

Gotta say their stadium looked terrific and nearby houses had murals on akin to the Belfast ones. Pretty impressive I have to say.

What really annoyed me beyond belief was what a fantastic place Liverpool is. I have a possible irrational hate for the place but to be fair I hadn’t been out on the lash there since 1983 when I was with the love of my life and Billy Joel was TOTP.

On reflection I have deduced that Liverpool is a great city, it’s just the whinging occupants I struggle with

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 05:13 - Apr 12 with 1741 viewstextbackup

To see them take only 1 cup this season would be wonderful.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 09:05 - Apr 12 with 1548 viewsPassionNotAnger

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 22:59 - Apr 11 by kesblue

Won't be there fault though

Scummy thing to say, Laugh at Liverpool getting battered by all means but continuing that trope is bang out of order
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 10:08 - Apr 12 with 1466 viewsBlueBadger

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 09:05 - Apr 12 by PassionNotAnger

Scummy thing to say, Laugh at Liverpool getting battered by all means but continuing that trope is bang out of order

It's been over 34 years since the Taylor report. People need to get over this weird idea that Hillsborough was somehow the fans' fault.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Maybe he was referring to Heysel? (n/t) on 10:28 - Apr 12 with 1410 viewsBloots

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 10:08 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

It's been over 34 years since the Taylor report. People need to get over this weird idea that Hillsborough was somehow the fans' fault.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 10:38 - Apr 12 with 1375 viewsTheSweeny

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 09:05 - Apr 12 by PassionNotAnger

I think this is as much about Heysel. They tried to blame Chelsea fans. Anyone but themselves.
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 11:09 - Apr 12 with 1286 viewstextbackup

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 10:08 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

Conveniently forgetting the other tragic event their fans were involved in… when it absolutely was their fault, yet took no blame for.

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 11:21 - Apr 12 with 1243 viewsmutters

Never fully understood why there is so much hatred for Liverpuldians. Sure they have made mistakes like most communities, but when it comes to their fans I wonder if there has been a huge amount of jealousy due to their success.

Having lived amongst them for many years (though not any more), I have always found them to be lovely people, caring, funny, always up for a laugh and generally just nice people. When Hillsborough happened it was incredible to see the community come together and how they propped each other up.

The stereotype that is always churned out of them is dated, out of touch and basically a bit sh!t.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 12:26 - Apr 12 with 1173 viewsbilllm

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 23:39 - Apr 11 by Lord_Lucan

As it happens I was in Liverpool this morning and I had a bit of spare time so I drove to and around Anfield and Goodison Park just for a snout.

I didn’t know that Liverpool were even playing but once I got to Anfield I assumed they were as the pop up scarf sellers had set up and it was only about 10.30.

Gotta say their stadium looked terrific and nearby houses had murals on akin to the Belfast ones. Pretty impressive I have to say.

What really annoyed me beyond belief was what a fantastic place Liverpool is. I have a possible irrational hate for the place but to be fair I hadn’t been out on the lash there since 1983 when I was with the love of my life and Billy Joel was TOTP.

On reflection I have deduced that Liverpool is a great city, it’s just the whinging occupants I struggle with

Spent three night there recently has a nice genuine feeling very friendly and vibrant,
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 13:21 - Apr 12 with 1112 viewsPassionNotAnger

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 10:38 - Apr 12 by TheSweeny

I think this is as much about Heysel. They tried to blame Chelsea fans. Anyone but themselves.

Absolute rubbish. Their fans had to campaign for decades to get justice for the 96 which included overcoming the media and wider population smears that perpetuated for decades.

They haven’t (at least as far as I’m aware?) done the same for Heysel whatsoever

Anyone using the “always the victims” line (or chants which were common in games from opposition for fans) is mocking them for Hillsborough and to claim otherwise is a deflection at best but in all probability a lie to try and justify the users ongoing ignorance and prejudice.

No true and genuine football fan should ever use that line. To be clear that’s not to say Liverpool fans (or any other supporters from different teams) can’t be called out for things that have some or to be challenged on things that are said but that line is crass, ignorant and insulting to those impacted by the worst tragedy in UK footballing history
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 13:26 - Apr 12 with 1088 viewsPassionNotAnger

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 11:09 - Apr 12 by textbackup

Conveniently forgetting the other tragic event their fans were involved in… when it absolutely was their fault, yet took no blame for.

It’s not forgetting Heysel. It’s having the intelligence and empathy to consider and respond to them both separately and appropriately.

The “always the victim” is a slur on them started by the Police and the Sun and used by opposition fans and general public as something to bait them with ever since. Anyone using it is ignorant and thick, anyone justifying its use is just as culpable
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 15:42 - Apr 12 with 946 viewsbluelagos

Am 99% sure this case of singing "Always the victim" resulted in a criminal conviction and a football banning order.

Those who hide behind claims it is about Heysel have found that isn't accepted in court.

Tragedy chanting is a specific criminal offense and has resulted in a number of criminal convictions.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 15:47 - Apr 12 with 929 viewstextbackup

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 13:26 - Apr 12 by PassionNotAnger

It’s not forgetting Heysel. It’s having the intelligence and empathy to consider and respond to them both separately and appropriately.

The “always the victim” is a slur on them started by the Police and the Sun and used by opposition fans and general public as something to bait them with ever since. Anyone using it is ignorant and thick, anyone justifying its use is just as culpable

Oh well

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 16:05 - Apr 12 with 902 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Maybe I’m naive, but I thought this post was nothing deeper than laughing at them because of their plastic, southern, glory hunting fans. The ones we all work with who are constantly bemoaning a VAR decision. Bunch of whiners who know nothing about the highs and lows of football (albeit probably no worse than all the Arsenal, Man U etc glory hunters).

Well that’s why I upvoted - hopefully it was nothing more sinister than that!
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 19:17 - Apr 12 with 813 viewsPassionNotAnger

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 16:05 - Apr 12 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Maybe I’m naive, but I thought this post was nothing deeper than laughing at them because of their plastic, southern, glory hunting fans. The ones we all work with who are constantly bemoaning a VAR decision. Bunch of whiners who know nothing about the highs and lows of football (albeit probably no worse than all the Arsenal, Man U etc glory hunters).

Well that’s why I upvoted - hopefully it was nothing more sinister than that!

Absolutely fine to mock and laugh at other team’s misfortunes and misdemeanors of course. It was just a couple of dense posters using and condoning the “always the victim trope” that caused things to go off a tangent. In some ways it’s nice that the ignorant identity themselves so readily
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 19:35 - Apr 12 with 757 viewsBigalhunter

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 19:17 - Apr 12 by PassionNotAnger

Absolutely fine to mock and laugh at other team’s misfortunes and misdemeanors of course. It was just a couple of dense posters using and condoning the “always the victim trope” that caused things to go off a tangent. In some ways it’s nice that the ignorant identity themselves so readily

One of them does it proudly and regularly.
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 19:47 - Apr 12 with 739 viewstextbackup

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 19:17 - Apr 12 by PassionNotAnger

Nobody even mentioned hillsborough? Apart from those that jump to the scousers defence and immediately think people are referring to hillsborough.

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 20:04 - Apr 12 with 711 viewsMK1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/heysel-stadium-disaster-30th-an
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 20:24 - Apr 12 with 678 viewsPassionNotAnger

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 19:47 - Apr 12 by textbackup

Nobody even mentioned hillsborough? Apart from those that jump to the scousers defence and immediately think people are referring to hillsborough.

The trope “always the victim” is associated with Hillsborough. It’s been tested in a court (see link in thread) and was widely used after the event at Liverpool matches by rival fans in chants to mock the Liverpool fans who were fighting for justice. Those are the facts, some people may not intend it in that way but ignorance is no defence. It’s not about defending scousers for everything, it’s about challenging crap behavior and language over the most horrific event and subsequent injustice in football history. If people cannot understand that or choose not to consider how that phrase is perceived then it demonstrates what type of person they are
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 20:29 - Apr 12 with 655 viewsPassionNotAnger

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 20:04 - Apr 12 by MK1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/heysel-stadium-disaster-30th-an

Horrific events, I would condone everyone and anyone who’s actions contributed to that, no ifs, no buts.

It is possible to criticise and empathise with a group of people for different events on different occasions.
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 20:45 - Apr 12 with 611 viewsMK1

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 20:29 - Apr 12 by PassionNotAnger

Horrific events, I would condone everyone and anyone who’s actions contributed to that, no ifs, no buts.

It is possible to criticise and empathise with a group of people for different events on different occasions.

I have no idea, nor need to know, how old you are, but Liverpool away fans back in the day were in general not a very nice bunch. Experienced them quite a lot from the late 70's onwards. Hillsborough aside, they have a reputation. Whilst all about Hillsborough is an absolute disgrace and not on Liverpool or their fans on that day, they do have history and some have bad experiences of being around it. I have a absolute dislike for Liverpool Football Club because of those days and nothing will ever change that.
Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 20:58 - Apr 12 with 591 viewsPassionNotAnger

Scousers getting humiliated at Anfield. on 20:45 - Apr 12 by MK1

I have no idea, nor need to know, how old you are, but Liverpool away fans back in the day were in general not a very nice bunch. Experienced them quite a lot from the late 70's onwards. Hillsborough aside, they have a reputation. Whilst all about Hillsborough is an absolute disgrace and not on Liverpool or their fans on that day, they do have history and some have bad experiences of being around it. I have a absolute dislike for Liverpool Football Club because of those days and nothing will ever change that.

That I have no issue with at all, disliking a fanbase because of personal experiences is entirely understandable (for reasons not dissimilar I have a continued dislike of Birmingham fans).

It’s just the use of the always the victim trope that is (in my opinion) wrong and offensive given its connotation to Hillsborough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024