Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hutchinson 17:49 - Apr 13 with 2620 views_clive_baker_

Superb today, but anyone else screaming at him to square it to Sarmiento when he broke in the 2nd half?

Obviously feels like another missed opportunity to firmly put us in the driving seat, but another way of looking at it is we’ve ticked another couple of tough games off and we’re still there. Southampton having something riding on their trip to Leicester might not be a bad thing. We’ve also got the luxury of sitting back now, plenty of other teams playing before we do again and we can see how they get on and how the league table shapes up. Plus we’ve got a bit of a break which it looks like we need. Boro are decent, hopefully they do Leeds a week on Monday.

More twists and turns no doubt, but ultimately we’ve taken more points than Leeds & Leicester over the last 2 games, and I would’ve taken that at the start of the week.
Hutchinson on 17:50 - Apr 13 with 2413 viewsIllinoisblue

He was good but that decision making wasn’t quite there - as you’d expect from a 20-year-old.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hutchinson on 17:51 - Apr 13 with 2397 viewsNeedhamChris

I was more frustrated that the low drilled finish that was his trademark for a while has disappeared and instead they were at a more saveable height.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Hutchinson on 17:51 - Apr 13 with 2396 views_clive_baker_

Hutchinson on 17:50 - Apr 13 by Illinoisblue

He was good but that decision making wasn’t quite there - as you’d expect from a 20-year-old.

Absolutely. He’s raw, but got so much quality and pace. He’s been a fantastic addition and on another day could’ve been the hero.
Hutchinson on 17:58 - Apr 13 with 2297 viewsBarcaBlue

I think Omari was carrying too much momentum and holding off the defender to get a pass off. Maybe.

I thought we played well overall, Tuanzebe wasn't great in supporting the attack and maybe the last 15 we looked for Moore's head a bit too often. But a decent display and a decent week in hindsight as you say.
Hutchinson on 18:00 - Apr 13 with 2259 viewsIllinoisblue

Hutchinson on 17:51 - Apr 13 by _clive_baker_

Absolutely. He’s raw, but got so much quality and pace. He’s been a fantastic addition and on another day could’ve been the hero.

He would vastly improve Chelsea, of that there’s no doubt.

62 - 78 - 81

Hutchinson on 18:00 - Apr 13 with 2259 viewsRadlett_blue

Hutch worked very hard & was a constant threat but his weakness is that he's always looking to cut inside & get on his left foot. Defenders have now realised that; he needs to have the ability to go outside & whip in a ball with his right occasionally as well.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hutchinson on 18:04 - Apr 13 with 2182 viewspointofblue

Hutchinson on 18:00 - Apr 13 by Radlett_blue

Hutch worked very hard & was a constant threat but his weakness is that he's always looking to cut inside & get on his left foot. Defenders have now realised that; he needs to have the ability to go outside & whip in a ball with his right occasionally as well.

If he likes to get on his left foot, would it make sense to try him on the left? Mind, not much time left to try something else now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hutchinson on 18:08 - Apr 13 with 2158 viewsIllinoisblue

There were a few occasions when he stopped completely (waiting for support) - would much rather he ran at people with no hesitation

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

Hutchinson on 18:10 - Apr 13 with 2113 viewsNthQldITFC

Hutchinson on 17:58 - Apr 13 by BarcaBlue

I think Omari was carrying too much momentum and holding off the defender to get a pass off. Maybe.

I thought we played well overall, Tuanzebe wasn't great in supporting the attack and maybe the last 15 we looked for Moore's head a bit too often. But a decent display and a decent week in hindsight as you say.

I thought Tuanzebe was decent in support to be honest. He was always there and looked after the ball really well, OK not too creative himself but he fed Hutch consistently and he also was very strong in 50/50s. Clarke gives an extra threat, but Axel is doing well enough.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Hutchinson on 18:12 - Apr 13 with 2098 viewsLankHenners

Looked like he didn't quite have the ball out of his feet enough to either pass it across or guide it into the far corner hence why he tried to get closer then roll it in the near post. Thought he was great today though and our most likely outlet for a winner. Quite a few times we had players who made the wrong decision when a much better one looked easier/more obvious. A replay might show I'm being harsh but thought Broadhead trying a stupid flick rather than just playing Moore through on goal with a normal pass was ridiculous.

Not for the first time recently thought we really missed Burns - he'd have had Engel for all the toast in the world and we could have moved Omari inside for Chaplin who I thought on the whole had a pretty duff game by his standards.

Anyway, it's done now and it's still in our hands, just have to hope we can recover well and come back firing for what will be two really tough away fixtures.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hutchinson on 18:28 - Apr 13 with 2008 viewsHelp

I was more concerned with the poor pass by morsy to hdlaky that he then mis hit out, which led to their goal. To many times players are not looking up to see what is on, and already deciding which way they want to go. So not seeing players in space calling for it. Sometimes the simple ball on the floor to the unmarked player works best.
Hutchinson on 18:59 - Apr 13 with 1883 viewsibbleobble

Are you Ian Westlake? That’s exactly what he said 😂
Hutchinson on 19:05 - Apr 13 with 1836 viewsbournemouthblue

Hutchinson on 18:00 - Apr 13 by Illinoisblue

I think his decision making will have to improve, the raw ingredients are there but there's still a lot to learn

I'm not sure the Chelsea first team will be the right place for that, he could do with another season with us really

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hutchinson on 19:52 - Apr 13 with 1709 viewsbilllm

Sometimes needs to get it in a bit earlier,
Hutchinson on 20:18 - Apr 13 with 1610 viewsAlanG296

Hutchinson on 18:00 - Apr 13 by Illinoisblue

He's too one footed at this stage, the inability to use his right foot really shows when he's playing right side for us.
Hutchinson on 20:22 - Apr 13 with 1586 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Superb is OTT imho. End product wasn’t generally there today, although he was always a threat.

We miss Burns in that role. He provides better width and Chaplin definitely plays better with him in the side

Poll: Our final position

Hutchinson on 20:59 - Apr 13 with 1461 viewsSwansea_Blue

There’s loads of pressure on the lad expecting him to change games given it’s his first season in senior football. It’s a shame he didn’t already have a season or two under his belt before he joined us. Or to flip that around, it’d be great if we could have him again next season, as he’s only going to get better. Bags of talent and seems to have the work ethic needed as well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hutchinson on 23:10 - Apr 13 with 1258 viewshoppy

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned in this thread is the number of times he tracked back, making up quite some distance on the Boro players, and making a timely challenge to stunt their attack. Very impressive in that respect too, I thought.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Hutchinson on 23:27 - Apr 13 with 1196 viewsSuffolktractor

Hutchinson on 23:10 - Apr 13 by hoppy

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned in this thread is the number of times he tracked back, making up quite some distance on the Boro players, and making a timely challenge to stunt their attack. Very impressive in that respect too, I thought.

Superb performance from Omari.
What a fantastic talent, we are so lucky to have watched him this season.
Would love him to be with us next season,but if not let’s wish him well for a fantastic career.
Hutchinson on 01:21 - Apr 14 with 1082 viewsbritbiker

Hutchinson on 23:10 - Apr 13 by hoppy

I the first half they caught us out of position down our right on three occasions. Omari tracked back to stop the attack on two of those.
Hutchinson on 01:57 - Apr 14 with 1051 viewsBugs

Hutchinson on 01:21 - Apr 14 by britbiker

I the first half they caught us out of position down our right on three occasions. Omari tracked back to stop the attack on two of those.

He was always a threat going forward and was more than good in his defensive duties. He gave absolutely everything, as soon as the final whistle went he was flat on his back.

He's twice the player he was at the start of the season, thanks to our coaches and his great attitude. Whatever happens in the future, I will follow his career and hope the best for him.
Hutchinson on 02:12 - Apr 14 with 1031 viewsKropotkin123

Hutchinson on 18:10 - Apr 13 by NthQldITFC

I thought Tuanzebe was decent in support to be honest. He was always there and looked after the ball really well, OK not too creative himself but he fed Hutch consistently and he also was very strong in 50/50s. Clarke gives an extra threat, but Axel is doing well enough.

Tuanzebe is far from what we need at right back. He's a centre back doing as good as he can

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Hutchinson on 02:17 - Apr 14 with 1020 viewsStenvict

Hutchinson on 20:18 - Apr 13 by AlanG296

He's too one footed at this stage, the inability to use his right foot really shows when he's playing right side for us.

I'd say he's the least one footed player in the squad. He can go both ways, and has done so many times this season.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Hutchinson on 06:15 - Apr 14 with 931 viewsEuropablue

Maybe you're right, but the main problem was that his finishing was off and he didn't pass to other players in better positions.
Hutchinson on 06:16 - Apr 14 with 928 viewsEuropablue

Hutchinson on 17:51 - Apr 13 by NeedhamChris

I was more frustrated that the low drilled finish that was his trademark for a while has disappeared and instead they were at a more saveable height.

In general I wanted our players to hit it hard and low. If you do that there is always a chance of a deflection making even a poor shot unsavable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024