Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Illnesses 13:10 - Apr 14 with 3106 viewsBlueNomad

I think they may have taken a greater toll than KMc let on. Yesterday I felt there was far more energy than of late.
Illnesses on 13:43 - Apr 14 with 2676 viewsLord_Lucan

I was certainly very pleasantly surprised at how we looked yesterday - when I can't get the 1981 running on fresh air out of my mind.

Also, when I saw Leif Davis being interviewed after a recent match (Blackburn)?? I couldn't believe how ill he looked.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Illnesses on 14:17 - Apr 14 with 2581 viewsTrequartista

Illnesses on 13:43 - Apr 14 by Lord_Lucan

I was certainly very pleasantly surprised at how we looked yesterday - when I can't get the 1981 running on fresh air out of my mind.

Also, when I saw Leif Davis being interviewed after a recent match (Blackburn)?? I couldn't believe how ill he looked.

Relax, Middlesbrough's Bosco Jankovic moment has passed.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Illnesses on 14:32 - Apr 14 with 2519 views_clive_baker_

I’ve come to the conclusion that some of our players rely on solar energy as we seem to be better in the sun.
Illnesses on 14:38 - Apr 14 with 2488 viewsbilllm

100%
Illnesses on 15:14 - Apr 14 with 2366 viewstextbackup

Just how ill can one bunch of players get?!

They have perfect diets, so you’d think immune systems are pretty decent. Yet this mystery illness has hammered them…. What exactly could this be that’s fcking them

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Illnesses on 15:27 - Apr 14 with 2303 viewsFrimleyBlue

Let's be honest. If it was covid. We all know how that varies in regards to symptoms.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Illnesses on 15:40 - Apr 14 with 2247 viewsNthQldITFC

Illnesses on 15:14 - Apr 14 by textbackup

They have perfect diets, so you’d think immune systems are pretty decent. Yet this mystery illness has hammered them…. What exactly could this be that’s fcking them

Umm... an illness of some kind, maybe a virus?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Illnesses on 15:40 - Apr 14 with 2258 viewsLord_Lucan

If a virus had ripped through the camp and knocked out x % of our first team squad then could we have asked for a postponement?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Illnesses on 15:42 - Apr 14 with 2236 viewstextbackup

Illnesses on 15:40 - Apr 14 by NthQldITFC

Umm... an illness of some kind, maybe a virus?

I’m of course not suggesting this hasn’t happened… more I’m saying what the hell has wiped them (seemingly a significant number) out so badly.

Illnesses on 16:02 - Apr 14 with 2132 viewsbackwaywhen

Illnesses on 14:17 - Apr 14 by Trequartista

Relax, Middlesbrough's Bosco Jankovic moment has passed.

Just reminded me , I was collecting my EUFA cup final tickets at Portman Rd that afternoon, ecstatic at half time , gutted at full time ☹️
Illnesses on 16:03 - Apr 14 with 2125 viewsNthQldITFC

Illnesses on 15:42 - Apr 14 by textbackup

I’m of course not suggesting this hasn’t happened… more I’m saying what the hell has wiped them (seemingly a significant number) out so badly.

I don't know.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Illnesses on 16:03 - Apr 14 with 2128 viewspointofblue

Wasn't illness reportedly going through camp around the time of the Cardiff away game? And obviously there was the issue before QPR at home, leading into Stoke away.

I think I'd be looking at cleaning routines at Playford Road if I was Ashton.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Illnesses on 16:14 - Apr 14 with 2079 viewstextbackup

Illnesses on 16:03 - Apr 14 by pointofblue

Wasn't illness reportedly going through camp around the time of the Cardiff away game? And obviously there was the issue before QPR at home, leading into Stoke away.

I think I'd be looking at cleaning routines at Playford Road if I was Ashton.

We seem to have had a few over the season.

To knock out a large number of highly tuned professional athletes, it’s must have been pretty nasty

Illnesses on 16:20 - Apr 14 with 2050 viewsNutkins_Return

Absolutely. You could see it in the Norwich game with Davis and a few others. However you never want to be using it as an excuse so you just have to get on with it. Over the course of the season we can't complain with injuries and illness I suppose.
Illnesses on 16:20 - Apr 14 with 2043 viewsNutkins_Return

This might be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read (other than anti Vax absolute nonsense).
Illnesses on 16:25 - Apr 14 with 2015 viewsredrickstuhaart

Illnesses on 16:14 - Apr 14 by textbackup

To knock out a large number of highly tuned professional athletes, it’s must have been pretty nasty

Not really. When you are operating on fine margins, any sort of illness can take a few percent off your performance levels and have an impact.
Illnesses on 16:30 - Apr 14 with 1977 viewsJakeITFC

A fluey type thing has been going around Ipswich - properly knocked me for six post-Southampton and the effects are still be felt now.
Illnesses on 16:43 - Apr 14 with 1929 viewsLeoMuff

Elite sportspeople will have a lower immune system during a season as they are putting their bodies through greater stresses than the average population.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Illnesses on 17:07 - Apr 14 with 1793 viewsBluesky

Constant touching hands with myriads of fans, social appearances, children at home - no shortage of exposure to bugs - add in lowered immunity from physical stress at times ....
Illnesses on 17:11 - Apr 14 with 1750 viewstextbackup

Illnesses on 16:43 - Apr 14 by LeoMuff

Elite sportspeople will have a lower immune system during a season as they are putting their bodies through greater stresses than the average population.

Yeah, when I wrote the previous I did then think that due to the pressures they put on themselves daily that they are open to feeling fcked

Illnesses on 17:12 - Apr 14 with 1741 viewstextbackup

Illnesses on 16:20 - Apr 14 by Nutkins_Return

This might be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read (other than anti Vax absolute nonsense).

Not sure why, it’s really a few questions.
I’m not for one moment suggesting they aren’t ill and it’s all made up.

Illnesses on 18:24 - Apr 14 with 1586 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You're not a doctor, are you?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Illnesses on 20:33 - Apr 14 with 1357 viewsNutkins_Return

Illnesses on 17:12 - Apr 14 by textbackup

Not sure why, it’s really a few questions.
I’m not for one moment suggesting they aren’t ill and it’s all made up.

Just because being a professional athlete doesn't give you immunity to getting flu. And even if a professional athlete might function somewhat with an illness it's all relative as going up against people with peak condition with a flu/bug etc is going to really have an effect + knock on effect to recovery etc etc.

Just couldn't believe your initial post suggestion that it's seemingly bizarre for a a group of footballers to have spreadable illness go round.
Illnesses on 21:37 - Apr 14 with 1217 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

They just need to man up.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Illnesses on 22:10 - Apr 14 with 1126 viewsEireannach_gorm

Illnesses on 16:43 - Apr 14 by LeoMuff

At last there is the correct assessment of why an illness/virus would go through a group of professional athletes. Because it is their job, professional athletes train and play when they are under the weather which does not aid recovery.

In Sweden, 16 elite orienteers died of heart attacks between 1979 and 1992 caused by a bug.

https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2%3A167645&dswid=4702

There was no Covid-19 vaccines around at that time!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024