Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Righto, I've done the Math 13:33 - Apr 15 with 3138 viewsitfc_bucks

(as our American overlords would say)

It's a little complicated, but bear with me on this.

We're currently top of the table, with three to play.

If we win our last three fixtures, we go up and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Glad I could help!
Righto, I've done the Math on 13:52 - Apr 15 with 2379 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m looking for a scenario where we get 4 pts from 3 games and still go up

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Righto, I've done the Math on 13:55 - Apr 15 with 2348 viewsbraveblue

Righto, I've done the Math on 13:52 - Apr 15 by Illinoisblue

Leeds win one, draw one and lose one!!
Righto, I've done the Math on 13:59 - Apr 15 with 2322 viewstonybied

Righto, I've done the Math on 13:55 - Apr 15 by braveblue

Leeds win one, draw one and lose one!!

...and the draw is with Southampton.
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:00 - Apr 15 with 2321 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I am resigned to the playoffs at this point. And that is not a slight on the unbelievable effort of our team, or their ability.

Just that in my 25 years of supporting Ipswich have seen more dissapointmnt than success. Appreciate this is a different regime now. Hopefully my instincts are wrong and we will smash it!

COYB!
Here's the bookies math on 14:01 - Apr 15 with 2309 viewsunstableblue

Sky Bet Championship title | automatic promotion odds (via Sky Bet)
Leicester - 8/15 | 1/9
Ipswich - 10/3 | 8/15
Leeds - 6/1 | 11/10
Southampton - 25/1 | 9/1

Leicester still clear favourites for automatic
Saints still outsiders
We have better odds than Leeds for automatic

We are effectively 3 to 1 on for title, Leeds 6 to 1

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:02 - Apr 15 with 2294 viewsle2blue

Righto, I've done the Math on 13:59 - Apr 15 by tonybied

...and the draw is with Southampton.

Or, loose to Boro, draw with qpr a beat saints.
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:17 - Apr 15 with 2174 viewsHighgateBlue

Righto, I've done the Math on 13:52 - Apr 15 by Illinoisblue

We've got three league games left. Southampton have more league games than that, before we even kick a ball again, so we'll know a lot more about the size of the mountain we have to climb soon enough.

It's even possible that we go into the Hull game knowing that a win that night would put us up!

That's a scenario that hasn't received much airtime yet, but I can see why, given that we've not won in our last 3, and have only scored one goal in that time. Anything and everything could happen and probably will.
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:22 - Apr 15 with 2115 viewsIllinoisblue

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:17 - Apr 15 by HighgateBlue

We've got three league games left. Southampton have more league games than that, before we even kick a ball again, so we'll know a lot more about the size of the mountain we have to climb soon enough.

It's even possible that we go into the Hull game knowing that a win that night would put us up!

That's a scenario that hasn't received much airtime yet, but I can see why, given that we've not won in our last 3, and have only scored one goal in that time. Anything and everything could happen and probably will.

Saints failing to win v PNE tomorrow would be a good start to this period of torture/waiting

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:26 - Apr 15 with 2091 viewsDanTheMan

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:22 - Apr 15 by Illinoisblue

Saints failing to win v PNE tomorrow would be a good start to this period of torture/waiting

I keep forgetting that Leicester's run-in isn't much fun either.

West Brom, Southampton, Preston and Blackburn.

Some tough ol' games in there. Shame three of them are at home but still.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:30 - Apr 15 with 2048 viewsElderGrizzly

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:26 - Apr 15 by DanTheMan

I keep forgetting that Leicester's run-in isn't much fun either.

West Brom, Southampton, Preston and Blackburn.

Some tough ol' games in there. Shame three of them are at home but still.

The way some of their fans are turning, being at home might be less than ideal
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:34 - Apr 15 with 2007 viewsitfc_bucks

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:30 - Apr 15 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed, being away from home might be a blessing for any of us four, right now.
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:37 - Apr 15 with 1980 viewstonybied

Ideally, we'd want all those around us losing/drawing their games over the next couple of weeks, leaving us in pole position but while it's not impossible, it is unlikely. On that basis, I think I'd prefer Southampton to win this one. We still want them to have an outside chance at promotion on the last day, to keep them honest against Leeds.
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:39 - Apr 15 with 1959 viewsbluefunk

Need them to win to keep interested really, ideally they go,into the last game with something to play for
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:41 - Apr 15 with 1923 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:30 - Apr 15 by ElderGrizzly

If we continue putting the ball in that rectangular thingy at the other end. Then in the next half do the same to the other thingy all should be well.
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:42 - Apr 15 with 1920 viewsNedPlimpton

Would it? A Saints defeat would pretty much see them back out of contention for the autos

I think I'd rather they won tomorrow night to give them something to play for against Leicester and Leeds. Ideally they'd go on to beat Leicester and draw with Leeds on the last day of the season
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:42 - Apr 15 with 1915 viewsExiled2Surrey

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:34 - Apr 15 by itfc_bucks

Indeed, being away from home might be a blessing for any of us four, right now.

Unless we have to play at Norwich.....
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:47 - Apr 15 with 1881 viewsKievthegreat

Nope, I want them to still be fighting on Saturday against Leicester and to still have a chance, however slim, come the final day. Don't want them to potentially roll over for Leeds either, so let them get the win tomorrow and hopefully draw or win against Leicester.
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:48 - Apr 15 with 1871 views_clive_baker_

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:37 - Apr 15 by tonybied

Ideally, we'd want all those around us losing/drawing their games over the next couple of weeks, leaving us in pole position but while it's not impossible, it is unlikely. On that basis, I think I'd prefer Southampton to win this one. We still want them to have an outside chance at promotion on the last day, to keep them honest against Leeds.

They might still have something to play for regardless. They might see it as preferable to finish 3rd and play a potentially out of form WBA in the playoffs who they've done the double over this season, rather than Martin's former club Norwich who they've not managed to beat (assuming Norwich take 5th off them). There's also the school of thought that they could be more dangerous if there's no pressure on them against a Leicester or Leeds side with likely huge pressure.

Who knows. Ultimately it feels like there are so many twists and turns and possible outcomes that there's no point being too cute about it. I'm quite happy for Southampton to slip away, I prefer the odds of 2 into 3 places rather than 2 into 4. I want the 3 clubs around us to lose all their game tbh (or draw if they play each other).
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:50 - Apr 15 with 1846 viewsIllinoisblue

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:47 - Apr 15 by Kievthegreat

Nope, I want them to still be fighting on Saturday against Leicester and to still have a chance, however slim, come the final day. Don't want them to potentially roll over for Leeds either, so let them get the win tomorrow and hopefully draw or win against Leicester.

They’re away at Cardiff before they play Leicester

62 - 78 - 81

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:51 - Apr 15 with 1854 viewsSomethingBlue

The more I think about it (and let's be honest I'm not thinking about a lot else), Boro v Leeds next Monday is the pivotal fixture of the lot. If Leeds drop any points there then both my heart and head think we'll be ok.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:54 - Apr 15 with 1811 viewstractorboy1978

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:48 - Apr 15 by _clive_baker_

They might still have something to play for regardless. They might see it as preferable to finish 3rd and play a potentially out of form WBA in the playoffs who they've done the double over this season, rather than Martin's former club Norwich who they've not managed to beat (assuming Norwich take 5th off them). There's also the school of thought that they could be more dangerous if there's no pressure on them against a Leicester or Leeds side with likely huge pressure.

Who knows. Ultimately it feels like there are so many twists and turns and possible outcomes that there's no point being too cute about it. I'm quite happy for Southampton to slip away, I prefer the odds of 2 into 3 places rather than 2 into 4. I want the 3 clubs around us to lose all their game tbh (or draw if they play each other).

Southampton aren't going to take their foot off the pedal regardless. Nobody wants to go into a play off campaign off the back of a couple of poor results. And they've got too many quality players even if they did decide to rest a couple. Also, factor in the fact virtually every club would love to stuff Leeds automatic promotion chances.
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:58 - Apr 15 with 1781 viewstractorboy1978

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:51 - Apr 15 by SomethingBlue

The more I think about it (and let's be honest I'm not thinking about a lot else), Boro v Leeds next Monday is the pivotal fixture of the lot. If Leeds drop any points there then both my heart and head think we'll be ok.

I'd agree with that. Mentally, I've almost stopped thinking about Leicester. They have a game in hand on us and one more point than Leeds already. Leeds are the team I have in my sights personally.
Righto, I've done the Math on 14:59 - Apr 15 with 1764 views_clive_baker_

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:54 - Apr 15 by tractorboy1978

Southampton aren't going to take their foot off the pedal regardless. Nobody wants to go into a play off campaign off the back of a couple of poor results. And they've got too many quality players even if they did decide to rest a couple. Also, factor in the fact virtually every club would love to stuff Leeds automatic promotion chances.

Yeah, not to mention personal accolades (Armstrong is 4 behind Szmodics currently in the top scorer list). I think there's so many variables that it all becomes a bit irrelevant. Ultimately the sides around us dropping points is a good thing IMO, them winning isn't. Only when they play each other might there then be a preference.
Righto, I've done the Math on 15:00 - Apr 15 with 1749 viewsIllinoisblue

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:51 - Apr 15 by SomethingBlue

But if they get 4 pts from Boro and QPR away (not unlikely) before we play at Hull that ramps up the pressure on us to get a result at Hull. If we only draw that we’re a point behind but way behind on goal difference.

Oooof, winning v either Watford or Boro would have made life much less stressful.

62 - 78 - 81

Righto, I've done the Math on 15:00 - Apr 15 with 1735 viewsKievthegreat

Righto, I've done the Math on 14:50 - Apr 15 by Illinoisblue

They’re away at Cardiff before they play Leicester

Yeah got my fixtures muddled. Preston tomorrow, Cardiff on Saturday then Leicester next Tuesday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024