Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads 11:10 - Apr 18 with 2749 viewsEuropablue

Team Pld W D L F A W D L F A Pts GD
Ipswich Town 46 16 6 1 58 32 13 5 5 30 21 98 35
Leicester City 46 17 1 5 42 16 14 3 6 40 23 97 43
Southampton 46 16 3 4 55 28 13 6 4 33 26 96 34
Leeds United 46 16 5 2 44 15 12 4 7 34 20 93 43

I'll take that right now thank you very much!
If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 11:14 - Apr 18 with 2684 viewsNthQldITFC

I think it's going to end up either ILLS or SILL - it's going to have to make a word. LISL is a German name, which would be OK.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 11:46 - Apr 18 with 2516 viewsHelp

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 11:14 - Apr 18 by NthQldITFC

I think it's going to end up either ILLS or SILL - it's going to have to make a word. LISL is a German name, which would be OK.

But which L is L
If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 11:48 - Apr 18 with 2483 viewsPinewoodblue

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 11:46 - Apr 18 by Help

But which L is L

Hopefully the one that starts next season with a points deduction.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 12:03 - Apr 18 with 2390 views_clive_baker_

They almost certainly won't though. Feel like we'll know a lot more by Tuesday night after:

Leicester v WBA (Sat)
Cardiff v Saints (Sat)
Boro v Leeds (Mon)
Leicester v Saints (Tue)

A few other games as well which might or might not impact the intensity of our remaining matches and aspirations of our opponents, but in terms of direct impact on the league table and our 'ask', they're 4 that will have a massive impact over the next 5 and a bit days. Boro getting a result would be massive, even a draw, as it would mean 2 wins for us guarantees we finish above Leeds. Ideally Saints slip up Saturday and then take something from Leicester, that would put us in an incredible position.
If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 12:36 - Apr 18 with 2254 viewsSmithersJones

So would I, although it would mean the top 4 start the day on 95, 94, 93, 93. Not sure my heart could take it!
If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 13:32 - Apr 18 with 2058 viewsN2_Blue

I’m reasonably confident 2 wins and 95 points will get us promotion. It would need to be near perfect results elsewhere in the remaining games in terms of the other clubs getting wins for it not to be.

I’m also fairly confident we’ll win our last home game.

So if we can get a minimum of 1 win from the two away games I think we do it.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 14:05 - Apr 18 with 1884 views_clive_baker_

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 13:32 - Apr 18 by N2_Blue

I’m reasonably confident 2 wins and 95 points will get us promotion. It would need to be near perfect results elsewhere in the remaining games in terms of the other clubs getting wins for it not to be.

I’m also fairly confident we’ll win our last home game.

So if we can get a minimum of 1 win from the two away games I think we do it.

Maybe I’m overly pessimistic but I can still very well see a scenario where we need to win all 3. Just worry everyone’s had a bit of a wobble but with a week to hit reset and rest the legs the foxes and Leeds will come back strong for the run in.

Either way I think Hull is as big a game as we’ve had for years. Win it and I think we’ll do it, lose it and I suspect we might not. Great to be involved in games of such magnitude though, I’m sure most of us would’ve settled for the comfort of 10th at the start of the season and I dare say the plan would’ve been comfortable with that progression too.
If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 14:18 - Apr 18 with 1810 viewsArnieM

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 12:03 - Apr 18 by _clive_baker_

They almost certainly won't though. Feel like we'll know a lot more by Tuesday night after:

Leicester v WBA (Sat)
Cardiff v Saints (Sat)
Boro v Leeds (Mon)
Leicester v Saints (Tue)

A few other games as well which might or might not impact the intensity of our remaining matches and aspirations of our opponents, but in terms of direct impact on the league table and our 'ask', they're 4 that will have a massive impact over the next 5 and a bit days. Boro getting a result would be massive, even a draw, as it would mean 2 wins for us guarantees we finish above Leeds. Ideally Saints slip up Saturday and then take something from Leicester, that would put us in an incredible position.

well, here's my predictions on those games

Leicester vs WBA (draw)
Cardiff vs Saints ( away win)
Boro vs Leeds (draw)
Leicester vs Saints (away win)

What do others think ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 14:31 - Apr 18 with 1755 views_clive_baker_

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 14:18 - Apr 18 by ArnieM

Leicester vs WBA (draw)
Boro vs Leeds (draw)

What do others think ?

I'll take that. Would leave the table:

Southampton 90 with 2 to play
Leicester 89 with 2 to play
Ipswich 89 with 3 to play
Leeds 88 with 2 to play

Would mean we would need 7 points to guarantee promotion owing to Leicester's superior GD. We could do with Southampton dropping some points, if they go on a run now and win their remaining games its likely they'll also have a better GD than us as a result, so even 7 points wouldn't put us above them.
If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 14:35 - Apr 18 with 1733 viewsbaxterbasics

I had one go with the calculator and it came out with us on third behind Leeds, who had same points but better GD. This was with us having two wins and a draw. So I am not doing that anymore.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 14:37 - Apr 18 with 1723 viewsHairBearBunch

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 14:18 - Apr 18 by ArnieM

Leicester vs WBA (draw)
Boro vs Leeds (draw)

What do others think ?

Great. But there's a difference between predictions and wishful thinking. Finding it harder every day to differentiate between the two.
it's all just making me a nervous wreck.
If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 14:40 - Apr 18 with 1710 views_clive_baker_

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 14:35 - Apr 18 by baxterbasics

I had one go with the calculator and it came out with us on third behind Leeds, who had same points but better GD. This was with us having two wins and a draw. So I am not doing that anymore.

I'm firmly in the 'let Leicester run away with it' camp if it means they beat Southampton on Tuesday, I'm fine with that. Perfectly happy for them to lose to WBA of course, but would rather they knock Saints back as they're too dangerous, they need killing off IMO. And hope Leeds drop some points in their next 2 games, then we'll be on the home stretch needing 2 wins from the final 3 to guarantee top 2. I don't see any value at all in Southampton still being in with a shout tbh despite their trip to Leeds, its just another good side that could go into the final day ahead of us.
If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 14:40 - Apr 18 with 1710 viewsLankHenners

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 14:05 - Apr 18 by _clive_baker_

Maybe I’m overly pessimistic but I can still very well see a scenario where we need to win all 3. Just worry everyone’s had a bit of a wobble but with a week to hit reset and rest the legs the foxes and Leeds will come back strong for the run in.

Either way I think Hull is as big a game as we’ve had for years. Win it and I think we’ll do it, lose it and I suspect we might not. Great to be involved in games of such magnitude though, I’m sure most of us would’ve settled for the comfort of 10th at the start of the season and I dare say the plan would’ve been comfortable with that progression too.

That's kind of where I am now as well - Leeds in particular will have had a pretty decent break between fixtures by the time they go up to Boro which they'll certainly feel is enough time to have a bit of a refresh and take the final 3 games head on. Boro will probably be mathematically out of the playoff picture by then which brings the fear they might have their heads turned marginally towards the beach.

Leicester similarly have had time to give their heads a wobble. Their match against West Brom is massive for them - get through that with a win and they'll feel they can march on to the title, lose it in front of their home crowd and things could get a bit toxic and send them spinning.

I know we rolled them over at PR but Hull have seemed very up for the fight against the top teams recently - it's games against crap like Swansea, Birmingham, Stoke where they've contrived to throw points away. Their last home game of the season and they could well go into it knowing they have to win to stand any chance of clawing back 6th.

Thought it was notable that for the first time this season (that I can remember anyway) McKenna had a little dig at Sky putting the game on in the evening as it robs us of time to recover then prepare for Coventry. Hopefully we can use any bit of ill-feeling about that and channel it positively into the performance.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 16:28 - Apr 18 with 1454 viewsBlue_In_Boston

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 11:14 - Apr 18 by NthQldITFC

Just as long as its not a Welsh word beginning with double LL...
If every team loses their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 17:41 - Apr 18 with 1286 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Team Pld W D L F A W D L F A Pts GD
Southampton 46 16 3 4 55 28 11 6 6 31 28 90 30
Ipswich Town 46 15 6 3 57 33 11 5 7 28 23 89 29
Leicester City 46 15 1 7 40 18 13 3 7 39 24 88 37
Leeds United 46 16 5 2 44 15 10 4 9 32 22 87 39

I'll take that right now thank you very much! Even better if we draw one of our matches to win the league or if Southampton and Leeds play out a draw on the final day to both end up in the play offs on goal difference (if Leeds lose by a few more goals than Leicester do) instead!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 18:27 - Apr 18 with 1163 viewsOldFart71

We all have our ideas as to the points total each team will achieve, but how many predicted the last games both Leicester and Leeds played ? Who predicted Town would draw their last two home games or that Liverpool and Arsenal would slip up as they have. Anyone who has will have a nice balance in their bank account now. All the players need to do is get the best possible results they can in the last three games. What others do we have no control over.
If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 18:27 - Apr 18 with 1161 viewsKropotkin123

If I actually live in hell...

TeamPldWDLFAWDLFAPtsGD
Leeds United4616614515124734209444
Leicester City4616164117143640239441
Southampton4616345628127433279434
Ipswich Town4616615832117530239433

Cardiff City01Southampton
Leicester City01West Bromwich Albion
Middlesbrough01Leeds United
Leicester City01Southampton
Queens Park Rangers01Leeds United
Hull City11Ipswich Town
Southampton20Stoke City
Preston North End01Leicester City
Coventry City11Ipswich Town

4th May 2024
Ipswich Town10Huddersfield Town
Leeds United11Southampton
Leicester City10Blackburn Rovers

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 18:44 - Apr 18 with 1094 viewsMK1

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 18:27 - Apr 18 by Kropotkin123

If I actually live in hell...

TeamPldWDLFAWDLFAPtsGD
Leeds United4616614515124734209444
Leicester City4616164117143640239441
Southampton4616345628127433279434
Ipswich Town4616615832117530239433

Cardiff City01Southampton
Leicester City01West Bromwich Albion
Middlesbrough01Leeds United
Leicester City01Southampton
Queens Park Rangers01Leeds United
Hull City11Ipswich Town
Southampton20Stoke City
Preston North End01Leicester City
Coventry City11Ipswich Town

4th May 2024
Ipswich Town10Huddersfield Town
Leeds United11Southampton
Leicester City10Blackburn Rovers

Can we not beat Huddersfield 10-0?
If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 19:14 - Apr 18 with 1018 viewsKropotkin123

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 18:44 - Apr 18 by MK1

Unfortunately not. No team has ever scored more than 5 goals in game... Or at least no team ever will in the future. It's a well known fact that coded into the score predictions.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 08:50 - Apr 19 with 523 viewsbaxterbasics

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 18:44 - Apr 18 by MK1

Looking at that... 8-0 will be enough, we're good. We'd take it on goals scored.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 08:58 - Apr 19 with 489 viewsVic

If every team wins their remaining games and Southampton win the head to heads on 14:05 - Apr 18 by _clive_baker_

I'm with you you on this Clive.

I'll also say that we used to say 'It's the hope that kills you'. Thankfully, wonderfully, we're no longer living on 'hope' are we - it's become a very real possibility, and the nearer it gets the harder it is to cope with mentally. It must also be that way with the players - mental strength has to come into the equation now, which is why I suspect is why we've seen all the top 3 wobble.

It really is a case of 'May the strongest, most resilient team win.' and I'm just hoping it will be us!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024