Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? 07:43 - Apr 23 with 2920 viewsGlasgowBlue

I know it’s still in our hands but both Leicester and Leeds winning games against teams I thought would get at least a point from them has made life rather difficult for us.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:54 - Apr 23 with 784 viewsLankHenners

A little bit as it would have been nice to have a bit more breathing room heading into our last games. Of course if QPR take points off Leeds on Friday we'll still have that so fingers crossed there.

Do think people are underestimating just how tough Hull and Coventry away back-to-back with next to no recovery time are as matches to win. All well and good saying it's in our hands and don't worry about anyone else but it's not as if we've got a couple of home matches against lower table fodder coming up.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:58 - Apr 23 with 775 viewsGuthrum

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:46 - Apr 23 by _clive_baker_

I fancy us to win 1 of the 2 away games and also to beat Huddersfield. I'm not sure I fancy us to win all 3 of these games tbh.

Depending on the result on Friday night 2 wins could be guaranteed to be enough, so I'm hoping for a favour from QPR, even a draw would do it.

If not then we know what we need to do at Hull.

We need to go on a three-game winning run. Something we've done (or bettered*) six times already this season. As against only twice we've had a run of fewer than that.

* 2 threes, 3 fours and a six.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 10:01 - Apr 23 with 752 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:49 - Apr 23 by CopfordBlue

I’m deflated by the negative, downbeat response on here to a team chasing promotion winning a game that they were odds on to win. It might even be a blessing - the apprehension, nervousness and tension at the last home games was the result of other results going for us before we played. My hope is that Leeds winning takes some of the pressure off. We’ve got no right to be where we are, we need to realise that and enjoy the next 12 days or month.

I get you, but I think it's nervousness rather than negativity. Totally understandable that some will feel like that. I don't. I assumed that Leeds and Leicester would win every game after last week, while we rested, and I believe also that we will win our last three.

People are nervous, they always are, but from nervousness springs nervous excitement, and from nervous excitement springs delirious joy if you are supporting a club like this with a squad as strong as this and a manager as talented and inspirational as this.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 10:06 - Apr 23 with 733 viewsEuropablue

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:05 - Apr 23 by TractorWood

We are still there which is a truly incredible feat.

However, I think we all know that we will look back to Norwich, Watford and Boro and say 2 points from 9 was a huge missed opportunity against clubs we a generally capable of beating on paper.
[Post edited 23 Apr 8:06]

Hull, Coventry, and Huddersfield are eminently more favourable fixtures especially with a rested squad fired up to go on a mini run to tie up the season.
I know what you mean, that was a run of games we should have done much better, but it's also a run of games that we started needing 6 wins to guarantee promotion and after the 3 we needed 3 wins to guarantee promotion. There really is nothing to be gained by thinking what you could have got if things went perfectly for us. There are lot of tight games that we came out on top of that could have easily gone the other way. Just be positive about the opportunity we still have to seal the deal. In the worst case we still have the playoffs, so we should play with freedom.
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 10:24 - Apr 23 with 686 viewsSteve_M

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:24 - Apr 23 by ITFC_Forever

There was always a feeling we were a striker short at the end of the August window and we would be in trouble if anything happened to Hirst.

In some ways we were lucky he lasted as long as he did without getting injured / suspended / losing form.

I think that's perhaps as big a failure as Watford and Boro at home. At the minimum that additional striker gives us a win from either QPR or Stoke IMO.

Moore playing two hours for Wales was bad for us too, he's been fecked since.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 10:39 - Apr 23 with 648 viewstextbackup

Am I flat because another top championship team won a game? No.

Am I flat because we didn’t turn up at norwich away, and failed to beat either Watford or Boro at home. Yes.

We’ve had our chances to capitalise on others not winning, and we’ve now got to do it the hard way, and likely have to win 3/3, or atleast draw 1, win 2.

I’m sure the usual suspects will be along to say the team were tired and that’s why we didn’t win those games mentioned… well after 2 weeks off they should now grab the bull by the horns

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 10:45 - Apr 23 with 629 viewsLankHenners

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 10:24 - Apr 23 by Steve_M

I think that's perhaps as big a failure as Watford and Boro at home. At the minimum that additional striker gives us a win from either QPR or Stoke IMO.

Moore playing two hours for Wales was bad for us too, he's been fecked since.

Bit daft wasn't it really that those of us who made that point in the summer were shouted down for being too negative then as we approached January everyone and their dog agreed another striker was paramount.

The QPR game's the real tough one to take for me - every team can go through their results and say they should have picked up more points here and there but that game was just a bad combination of having too many players unavailable while half the ones who were playing were evidently feeling well below 100%.

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 11:12 - Apr 23 with 577 viewsnrb1985

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 10:45 - Apr 23 by LankHenners

Bit daft wasn't it really that those of us who made that point in the summer were shouted down for being too negative then as we approached January everyone and their dog agreed another striker was paramount.

The QPR game's the real tough one to take for me - every team can go through their results and say they should have picked up more points here and there but that game was just a bad combination of having too many players unavailable while half the ones who were playing were evidently feeling well below 100%.

That said, could anybody have predicted Ladapo would be as bad as he was? It started even before that Christmas period with his brief cameos coming on at the end of games

The guy had just got 20 goals in L1, he really should have been an able deputy coming off the bench for us when needed and starting the odd game here or there.

For whatever reason however he looked like a competition winner with his touch and awareness (or lack there of).
[Post edited 23 Apr 11:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 11:23 - Apr 23 with 555 viewsN2_Blue

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 11:12 - Apr 23 by nrb1985

That said, could anybody have predicted Ladapo would be as bad as he was? It started even before that Christmas period with his brief cameos coming on at the end of games

The guy had just got 20 goals in L1, he really should have been an able deputy coming off the bench for us when needed and starting the odd game here or there.

For whatever reason however he looked like a competition winner with his touch and awareness (or lack there of).

You make a very good point. Ladapa scored two fantastic goals v Cardiff literally after the window closed. No one was harping on about the striker issue then

You're not going to get a quality striker to sit on the bench behind Hirst and we also can't over expend ourself finacially so don't understand those knocking the club for not bringing in astriker at that point.

It was Ladapo who subsequently dropped off a cliff for whatever reason. ANd something has happened. Maybe he wasn't good enough but he became a shadow of the player he was, for whatever reason, look he can't even get a look in at Charlton now which shows something is up.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 11:29 - Apr 23 with 545 viewsRobTheMonk

Let's not forget that we had illness, injury and two players on Ramadan (which is going to effect energy levels, although Morsy just seems like he could run forever sometimes).
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 11:37 - Apr 23 with 508 viewsSteve_M

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 11:12 - Apr 23 by nrb1985

He never got back to form after his injury but it was also clear that he wasn't capable of playing the hold-up role at this level.

I still think that Ladapo in half-decent form, let alone playing like a year ago, probably scores from the really good chance against QPR but we clearly wanted better in the Summer and out failure to do that was disappointing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 11:38 - Apr 23 with 507 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 11:23 - Apr 23 by N2_Blue

You make a very good point. Ladapa scored two fantastic goals v Cardiff literally after the window closed. No one was harping on about the striker issue then

You're not going to get a quality striker to sit on the bench behind Hirst and we also can't over expend ourself finacially so don't understand those knocking the club for not bringing in astriker at that point.

It was Ladapo who subsequently dropped off a cliff for whatever reason. ANd something has happened. Maybe he wasn't good enough but he became a shadow of the player he was, for whatever reason, look he can't even get a look in at Charlton now which shows something is up.

The reason he’s not getting in the Charlton team now is because Jones is playing their own players for the rest of the season to help him assess the squad for 2024-25.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 11:42 - Apr 23 with 498 viewsChorleyBoy

No.

Recent history shows that when one of the top three loses, the others fail to take the initiative.

As much as I want Leicester and Leeds to drop points, I see us neck and neck with them to the very end.
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 11:49 - Apr 23 with 484 viewsAce_High1

Not really you expect the top teams to keep winning.

The sense of what if comes from the last 3 games - we never turned up at Norwich which is very disappointing (and also concerns me about upcoming play off games against anyone - the games with big hype we often just never get out of first gear see Leeds Away also), and those two home games we had to get at least 4 points. Two draws is what has cost us.

Still have a chance and we will all feel ore confident with 3 points on Saturday.
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 12:12 - Apr 23 with 446 viewsLankHenners

Think we just outgrew his ceiling quite rapidly which isn't really his fault. He'd only had one season at this level before for a Rotherham side who play like, well, Rotherham which is very different to what we demand from a striker. When we did need him to step up more he was out of form/sharpness and his time here was clearly coming to an end.

We definitely needed (and wanted) another striker in the summer, but for a number of reasons had to settle for Scarlett on loan which we all know didn't work out for anyone. Had we successfully landed Simms in addition to Hirst like we wanted we'd be as good as up by now.

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 12:13 - Apr 23 with 437 viewsnrb1985

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 11:37 - Apr 23 by Steve_M

He never got back to form after his injury but it was also clear that he wasn't capable of playing the hold-up role at this level.

I still think that Ladapo in half-decent form, let alone playing like a year ago, probably scores from the really good chance against QPR but we clearly wanted better in the Summer and out failure to do that was disappointing.

I think more than that, as has been alluded to by N2, something had happened behind the scenes.

His attitude stank autumn onwards, wasn't just the gobbing off at Chaplin but the "fake" pressing when he came on was infuriating.

I know that's not really his game but surely come on and put yourself about it? Bloke is about 6'2 and built like a brick s house.

Really soured on him after he was such a likeable chap last season.
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 12:18 - Apr 23 with 409 viewsN2_Blue

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 12:12 - Apr 23 by LankHenners

Think we just outgrew his ceiling quite rapidly which isn't really his fault. He'd only had one season at this level before for a Rotherham side who play like, well, Rotherham which is very different to what we demand from a striker. When we did need him to step up more he was out of form/sharpness and his time here was clearly coming to an end.

We definitely needed (and wanted) another striker in the summer, but for a number of reasons had to settle for Scarlett on loan which we all know didn't work out for anyone. Had we successfully landed Simms in addition to Hirst like we wanted we'd be as good as up by now.

Simms and Hirst?? That was never on the cards. No way we'd have signed both.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 12:29 - Apr 23 with 384 viewsLankHenners

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 12:18 - Apr 23 by N2_Blue

Simms and Hirst?? That was never on the cards. No way we'd have signed both.

It was - Hirst was basically as good as done when last season ended and we were clearly going in relatively hard for Simms while that deal was getting thrashed out.

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 12:50 - Apr 23 with 349 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Feel the same - nothing has changed really. We just need to do our jobs and we will get promoted.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 13:30 - Apr 23 with 304 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:50 - Apr 23 by Stewart27

This is my issue though.

I don’t feel confident in us getting the results we need. Hence the reason why I wanted more security. This season has been incredible and I couldn’t be any more proud of the team. But it just feels like we’re running out of puff. I don’t see Watford or Middlesbrough as missed opportunities. We played pretty well against 2 good teams and got par results.

We’re just not as outstanding as have been most of the season.

They are missed opportunities if you’re second in the table with one foot in the Premier League.

It’s still in our hands, but we’ve made it much harder for ourselves.

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024