Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we want Nodge to win the play offs 17:10 - May 6 with 5205 viewsCrawfordsboot

So that we only need two other teams to be below us next season?
Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 09:00 - May 7 with 916 viewsDeano69

Absolutely not. Humiliated, yes

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 09:01 - May 7 with 915 viewsBuhrer

F uck no.
Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 09:03 - May 7 with 912 viewsfranz_tyson

Definite no from me.

If they win the play offs, then fair play..... but they will have achieved the same as us ( ie promotion), Why take the shine of our promotion? Why do you want to see them gain the same status as us even though we have 23 more points than them? We did it over 46 games. The proper way.

I'd rather we focus on ourselves than them. The derby only became more significant because we were stuck in a division usually with nothing to play for except 2 derby games a season. F#ck em.
It would in no way take the shine off our promotion on 09:05 - May 7 with 891 viewsDyland

Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 09:03 - May 7 by franz_tyson

Definite no from me.

If they win the play offs, then fair play..... but they will have achieved the same as us ( ie promotion), Why take the shine of our promotion? Why do you want to see them gain the same status as us even though we have 23 more points than them? We did it over 46 games. The proper way.

I'd rather we focus on ourselves than them. The derby only became more significant because we were stuck in a division usually with nothing to play for except 2 derby games a season. F#ck em.

That's not the reason I say no though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 12:33 - May 7 with 810 viewsFBI

West Brom. Leeds and Southampton can do one and Norwi(championship) can go back to their fenland bog and stay there.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Absolutely not on 13:22 - May 7 with 766 viewsBLUEBEAT

Absolutely not on 08:50 - May 7 by Dyland

It beggars belief any Towen fan wants them to be promoted, presumably so we can have the Old Farms next season. I enjoy and hate the derbies in equal measure, and if pushed would like to have them BUT...

Last year of parachutes for Nodge, and if big IF WBA were promoted then the budgies will have to compete with five parachute stuffed clubs. See how they fackin like it, with all their whinging about us being lucky and the league being sh1t (literal lol). Cut their cloth accordingly for the first time in ages with their ridiculous yo-yo participation,and see how they effing get on. If they finish second with over 90 goals I will (begrudgingly) applaud them.

I hope Leeds absoltely batter them.

100%

Poll: W or W

Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 13:25 - May 7 with 747 viewsBlueNomad

I want them to be as irrelevant to us as Colchester are, barely meriting a second thought unless they win a surprise cup tie against a L1 team.
Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 16:08 - May 7 with 696 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Do we Farke
Login to get fewer ads

Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 16:10 - May 7 with 694 viewsBobbychase

Not in a million years.

I think it would be healthy for them to spend 22 years in the wilderness actually.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 18:18 - May 7 with 627 viewsTexaco73

Just don't care about them.
They are an irrelevance to our journey.

Whether they go up or stay on the Championship the result is the same.

We are building. It's an exciting time to see what happens. Even if we were to be relegated next season, which I don't think will happen, we will be a stronger club moving forward towards adversity.

Our future is currently bright. Enjoy it. 🤩
Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 18:29 - May 7 with 604 viewsbackwaywhen

Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 19:10 - May 6 by yellowrider120

Oh I think you will watch them! You can't resist it such is the peculiar Ipswich obsession with all things Norwich.

Another thing - ITFC fans have moaned for years about 'media bias' and 'no coverage' etc. What do I find on Sky main news tonight at 18.00 as one of the main headlines at the start? I'll leave you to work that out and it wasn't anything to do with 'the economy' or 'Ukraine' even!

Norwich Ciy the rainbow chasers , looking for a pot of gold only ever to find a milk cup !

Jog on budgie boy .
Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 18:33 - May 7 with 588 viewstractordownsouth

I'm backing West Brom, for four reasons.

1) They're probably the weakest squad on paper for us to compete against.
2) I don't want Norwich to go up
3) I don't want Leeds to go up
4) I don't want Russell Martin to go up

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 19:42 - May 7 with 529 viewsmonkeymagic

Oh I think you will watch them! You can't resist it such is the peculiar Ipswich obsession with all things Norwich.

Another thing - ITFC fans have moaned for years about 'media bias' and 'no coverage' etc. What do I find on Sky main news tonight at 18.00 as one of the main headlines at the start? I'll leave you to work that out and it wasn't anything to do with 'the economy' or 'Ukraine' even!

I love the Derby but still don’t want Norwich to go up this season as it would somewhat take the shine off what we’ve accomplished:I think a few years in our shadow will do nicely. I don’t wish you a big decline, you being mid table Championship mediocrity will be fine with me. Would like WBA to go up, decent club and less likely to be better than us next season as compared to Leeds or Southampton.
Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 20:46 - May 7 with 494 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Wash your mouth out

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 20:48 - May 7 with 487 viewsMK1

Chris Sutton is a knob.
Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 21:34 - May 7 with 457 viewsitfckenty

Tbh, someone hit the nail on the head. 3 teams all have Insest links, Leeds, Southampton and Insest themselves. So WBA all the way for me. I don't want Norwich to beat Leeds, but at the same time I hate Leeds. So that game is lose lose. Haha
Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 22:08 - May 7 with 420 viewsEdwardF

There is a need to be honest and frank about your observation.
Even when we in decline under Evans, and for all almost of the football time before then, we have attracted consistently more national media attention then Norwich. Why?
Essentially because Norwich have never really done or achieved anything of national interest. Lately you have been a yo yo club which is simply not of much interest outside of Norfolk. Before that what national news angle did you have? Genuinely not very much.
The reason why Ipswich still commands national media interest is, in part due to legacy issues: Ramsey's remarkable team, Robson's outstanding teams and even Burley's 2001 5th place finish. Ironically, because we had been successful in the past, even our decline was newsworthy.
Therefore, over the past 2 seasons our resurgence has sparked renewed national interest (and a warm knowing smile) in our now positive trajectory.
Whether you like it or not, Ipswich Town FC was, and still is, a popular and well-liked club outside of the usual rival fans' myopic claptrap.
Perhaps the unique culture of the club under the chairmanship of John Cobbold, still has a bearing on those in the football media.

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Absolutely not on 23:18 - May 7 with 386 viewsBugs

Absolutely not on 08:50 - May 7 by Dyland

It beggars belief any Towen fan wants them to be promoted, presumably so we can have the Old Farms next season. I enjoy and hate the derbies in equal measure, and if pushed would like to have them BUT...

Last year of parachutes for Nodge, and if big IF WBA were promoted then the budgies will have to compete with five parachute stuffed clubs. See how they fackin like it, with all their whinging about us being lucky and the league being sh1t (literal lol). Cut their cloth accordingly for the first time in ages with their ridiculous yo-yo participation,and see how they effing get on. If they finish second with over 90 goals I will (begrudgingly) applaud them.

I hope Leeds absoltely batter them.

I'm not going to look, but I'm pretty sure I once posted a while back on here I would like Norwich to be in whatever division we are in, so we have the excitement of a couple of derby games.

I now see that was a naive and silly thing to post. I'm hoping they get battered by Leeds.
Absolutely not on 09:06 - May 8 with 285 viewsRadlett_blue

Absolutely not on 23:18 - May 7 by Bugs

I'm not going to look, but I'm pretty sure I once posted a while back on here I would like Norwich to be in whatever division we are in, so we have the excitement of a couple of derby games.

I now see that was a naive and silly thing to post. I'm hoping they get battered by Leeds.

As Bill Shankly once famously said "I hope you both lose".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Arf on 09:11 - May 8 with 282 viewsDyland

Absolutely not on 23:18 - May 7 by Bugs

Possibly before our upward trajectory looked stronger than theirs, which three years ago felt fanciful and hopelessly optimistic.

Nodge is obviously an outlier for Town fans, but we must all remember to take a leaf out of McKenna's book and stay grounded, humble and respectful. And just enjoy it all i the moment, rememering the journey is as fun if not more so than the destination.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 10:01 - May 8 with 252 viewsyorkshireblue

Leeds supporting colleague has told me there is a thread on a Norwich forum (presumably Pink Un or WOTB) where the Norwich fans say they are holding off buying tickets for the game at Elland Road until after the first leg.

Incredibly tinpot.
Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 10:05 - May 8 with 248 viewsBluebell

I could never want Norwich to win but feel the same about Leeds.

So hopefully Leeds will win and then get beaten in the final.
Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 10:14 - May 8 with 240 viewsitfcjoe

No, anyone but Norwich.

Ideally not Southampton either as think they will be in for similar type of players as us in the summer, plus Harwood-Bellis and Downes won't be joining them and that could open them for us.

WBA or Leeds for me, WBA will be weakest so them ideally but think like Sheff Weds last year, Leeds deserve it so won't begrudge them going up

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 10:20 - May 8 with 226 viewsNthQldITFC

Do we want Nodge to win the play offs on 10:01 - May 8 by yorkshireblue

Leeds supporting colleague has told me there is a thread on a Norwich forum (presumably Pink Un or WOTB) where the Norwich fans say they are holding off buying tickets for the game at Elland Road until after the first leg.

Incredibly tinpot.

Yes, I saw that, and thought of the contrast with us if we'd ended up third. They've over-achieved and sneaked into the play-offs - you'd think they'd be biting their mothers' arms off for a ticket.

There's a level of despondency there which there really shouldn't be yet given their recent 'successes'. If they end up going right down the toilet like we did, they'll have a tough old job getting the support back given the lack of anything in their history to hang a flag on.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024