Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were a Spurs fan 10:43 - May 14 with 1408 viewsbluelagos

Would you want to get a result tonight and possibly open the door to an Arsenal title?

Thankfully not a situation we would ever need worry about but can't see how I'd be cheering on Spurs tonight if they were my club...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

If you were a Spurs fan on 10:46 - May 14 with 1372 viewsBossy

I think if I had literally nothing to play for I'd like to lose to scupper Arsenal. But I'd also despise Man City as they are massive cheats.

With Spurs potentially able to clinch a top 4 place, I'd want us to go for the win I think.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

If you were a Spurs fan on 10:47 - May 14 with 1358 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I would want to lose.

If It was us and we were playing a game where nothing was on the line for us (really) and a win gave Norwich a very very good chance of winning the league. I would want to lose.

Its petty, but that is football fandom I guess.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

If you were a Spurs fan on 10:54 - May 14 with 1308 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd be all out for a Spurs win if us winning the title depended on it. Simple as that.

Won't happen though, 4-0 City reckon with a large portion of the Spurs crowd cheering each goal.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

If you were a Spurs fan on 11:07 - May 14 with 1261 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Villa are away at Palace on Sunday though so if Spurs get a win tonight, there’s still every chance they can get top 4 - therefore think they have to want the win and hope for the best

The nightmare result is a draw, given that it ends their top 4 hopes and hands the initiative back to Arsenal. 1-1 heading into injury time will make for an interesting atmosphere

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If you were a Spurs fan on 11:09 - May 14 with 1251 viewsbsw72

If you were a Spurs fan on 10:46 - May 14 by Bossy

I think if I had literally nothing to play for I'd like to lose to scupper Arsenal. But I'd also despise Man City as they are massive cheats.

With Spurs potentially able to clinch a top 4 place, I'd want us to go for the win I think.

Without a doubt, I would always put Town first.

Spurs have the door ajar after last night, especially considering Villa are away at one of the the current form teams on Sunday while Spurs travel to Sheff Utd. All they have to do is beat the other form team first.
If you were a Spurs fan on 11:11 - May 14 with 1207 viewstextbackup

Guess no matter how big/small the clubs, you never want rivals to win anything.

That said, most of the Spurs fans I know hate Chelsea and West Ham more than Arsenal

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If you were a Spurs fan on 11:20 - May 14 with 1132 viewsMookamoo

If you were a Spurs fan on 11:07 - May 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Villa are away at Palace on Sunday though so if Spurs get a win tonight, there’s still every chance they can get top 4 - therefore think they have to want the win and hope for the best

The nightmare result is a draw, given that it ends their top 4 hopes and hands the initiative back to Arsenal. 1-1 heading into injury time will make for an interesting atmosphere

I was thinking this. All this talk of not wanting Arsenal to win the title is just nonsense.

Palace are good side at the moment and Spurs have Sheff Utd for their last game of the season. Why on earth would they not go for Man City.
My old man is a Spurs fan…. on 11:21 - May 14 with 1126 viewsBloots

….I asked him the question yesterday:

“I hope we lose, I hate Arsenal and even if we did qualify for the CL we’d get knocked out early anyway cos we’re crap”

He’s quite a miserable old git to be fair.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Login to get fewer ads

If you were a Spurs fan on 11:26 - May 14 with 1075 viewsiamatractorboy

If you were a Spurs fan on 11:20 - May 14 by Mookamoo

I was thinking this. All this talk of not wanting Arsenal to win the title is just nonsense.

Palace are good side at the moment and Spurs have Sheff Utd for their last game of the season. Why on earth would they not go for Man City.

Agree completely
If you were a Spurs fan on 11:43 - May 14 with 1002 viewsyorkshireblue

Arsenal fans setting off fireworks outside a hotel in London where Man City have stayed previously for London games.

The same Man City who are flying down to London today.

If you were a Spurs fan on 20:40 - May 14 with 640 viewsGarv

Surprised this is even a question. Talksport have rinsed it all day and it's a bit weird.

Spurs can still get top four and have some amazing European nights again, and they want to potentially chuck that away because they think they'll have 'gifted' Arsenal the title.

Arsenal will deserve the title if they win it, end of. It won't be because of Tottenham. They'll still have to beat Everton.

Would Spurs fans have been happy to lose this fixture if it had been played in November?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

If you were a Spurs fan on 20:52 - May 14 with 602 viewsPlums

If you were a Spurs fan on 20:40 - May 14 by Garv

Surprised this is even a question. Talksport have rinsed it all day and it's a bit weird.

Spurs can still get top four and have some amazing European nights again, and they want to potentially chuck that away because they think they'll have 'gifted' Arsenal the title.

Arsenal will deserve the title if they win it, end of. It won't be because of Tottenham. They'll still have to beat Everton.

Would Spurs fans have been happy to lose this fixture if it had been played in November?

Who knows. After seeing multiple Spurs fans filming Man City taking an attacking free kick, I have to wonder who they're supporting. I guess we'll get used to that sort of nonsense next season.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

If you were a Spurs fan on 21:26 - May 14 with 557 viewsClareBlue

Why when you have a chance of getting into the top competition and earning millions and playing against the best teams in Europe would you be concerned about any other team.
Absolutely nothing at stake, maybe. But what is at stake for them it is ridiculous for any of their fans to want not to win. And Sky are just following a narrative as per usual.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024