Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) 10:09 - May 15 with 1745 viewsKeno

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:16 - May 15 with 1693 views_clive_baker_

All we're asking for is a little 'understand there's nothing in it'.

Was that too much to ask?!?!
Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:28 - May 15 with 1626 viewsSwailsey

Yep, came on here to post this.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:34 - May 15 with 1582 viewsITFC_Forever

Phil's just reporting what's been reported, not any new news.

I'd be more worried if the source was "TWTD understands" rather than various mass-media sources from around the globe.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:37 - May 15 with 1567 viewsgainsboroughblue

McKenna would be mad to take the United job.........at the moment. If this was similar to a decade ago and succeeding Fergie, maybe, but currently the club is in a right two and eight.

Could easily see him being sacked himself within a few months through no fault of his own and all of this process being an utter waste of time and a waste of a recruitment process for us too. That would actually p1ss me off more than anything.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:44 - May 15 with 1506 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

We all know that McKenna will move on eventually, but I really hope he gives us next season as I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that without him I can't see us staying up.

Unless we have another remarkable season, McKenna's stock will never be higher than it is this summer.

If a firm offer is put on the table, I'm sure McKenna will be torn, but ultimately his dream job may not become available again.
Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:47 - May 15 with 1482 viewswithyblue

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:37 - May 15 by gainsboroughblue

McKenna would be mad to take the United job.........at the moment. If this was similar to a decade ago and succeeding Fergie, maybe, but currently the club is in a right two and eight.

Could easily see him being sacked himself within a few months through no fault of his own and all of this process being an utter waste of time and a waste of a recruitment process for us too. That would actually p1ss me off more than anything.

We were a bit of a mess when he came here - recruiting an entirely new team hadn't worked, the optimism of having new owners was fading, we were languishing in the middle of League One. Yet equally, like United right now, there was still new management at the top of the club that was looking to turn the whole thing around. HE would 100% back himself to turn United around like he has us.
[Post edited 15 May 10:47]
Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:49 - May 15 with 1453 viewsRonFearonsHair

The odds of McKenna going to Man Utd are around the same as Huddersfield were to beat us, so I guess my worry levels of it happening should be similar? Different variables that could shift them I suppose.
Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:49 - May 15 with 1452 viewscressi

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:44 - May 15 by LA_Tractor_Boy

We all know that McKenna will move on eventually, but I really hope he gives us next season as I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that without him I can't see us staying up.

Unless we have another remarkable season, McKenna's stock will never be higher than it is this summer.

If a firm offer is put on the table, I'm sure McKenna will be torn, but ultimately his dream job may not become available again.

No point worrying if the worst happens and he leaves I'm fairly confident Ashton has a couple of names in his little black book.
Maybe he is Maybe his not ready to handle big ego players where a club won't give you time.
At the present he has a lot of brownie points here. A busy summer ahead.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:51 - May 15 with 1434 views_clive_baker_

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:37 - May 15 by gainsboroughblue

I would say its a better job to take now than following Fergie. You don't want to take a job where the only way is downwards, it's a massive club with huge global reach but not achieved anything for a while, it's probably a good time IMO.
Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:52 - May 15 with 1413 viewswithyblue

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:51 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

I would say its a better job to take now than following Fergie. You don't want to take a job where the only way is downwards, it's a massive club with huge global reach but not achieved anything for a while, it's probably a good time IMO.

On a different scale it is very much like us when he came here.
Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:53 - May 15 with 1389 viewshomer_123

Nope. He will go eventually, it's inevitable.

I have enjoyed these last 2 years so, so much but there is little point worrying about it.

If he goes, he goes and I would understand why.

Obviously, I don't want him to but I'm not worrying about it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:53 - May 15 with 1378 viewsgainsboroughblue

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:47 - May 15 by withyblue

We were a bit of a mess when he came here - recruiting an entirely new team hadn't worked, the optimism of having new owners was fading, we were languishing in the middle of League One. Yet equally, like United right now, there was still new management at the top of the club that was looking to turn the whole thing around. HE would 100% back himself to turn United around like he has us.

It's a different beast managing United though. Not even comparable. He will have media in his face 24/7. The weight of expectation will be huge. Had things have not worked out here, it wouldn't have been damaging to his career in nearly the same respect.

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:57 - May 15 with 1335 viewsHerbivore

Fireman Phil has doused the flames of speculation on the other thread.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:58 - May 15 with 1322 viewsSmithersJones

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:52 - May 15 by withyblue

On a different scale it is very much like us when he came here.

You’re so right, and that’s the worry for me. McKenna’s body of work is far more relevant to Man Utd now than it would be if someone else came in, stabilised the ship and then left in a couple of years time. Plus it’s early enough in the Ineos era for them to be able to afford to take a gamble.
Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 11:03 - May 15 with 1284 viewsPencilpete

He won't go there yet - Man Utd fans are very elitist and want a 'name' like Tuchel or Zidane

Plus as well as McKenna has done here he is an unknown quantity in the premiership

It's more likely they let Ten Hag see out the last year of his contract so they don't have to pay him off and then look at McKenna next summer if he does well and keeps us up
Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 11:32 - May 15 with 1129 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:47 - May 15 by withyblue

"We were a bit of a mess when he came here - recruiting an entirely new team hadn't worked, the optimism of having new owners was fading, we were languishing in the middle of League One."

It wasn't quite like that, Most were just waiting for the owners actual manager, no one saw Cook as their choice. Cook began the project, KM came in and took it to the next level.

The mess was what Cook took on.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 11:41 - May 15 with 1061 viewsNeedhamChris

There are some that would have said he was mad to take a job at a club drifting into League One obscurity or worse. But he backed himself to do it - and has succeeded (and then some).

Irrespective of whether he would want it now or not - there's no doubt he'd back himself to do it.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 11:42 - May 15 with 1047 viewswithyblue

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 11:32 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

"We were a bit of a mess when he came here - recruiting an entirely new team hadn't worked, the optimism of having new owners was fading, we were languishing in the middle of League One."

It wasn't quite like that, Most were just waiting for the owners actual manager, no one saw Cook as their choice. Cook began the project, KM came in and took it to the next level.

The mess was what Cook took on.

It didn't feel like that at Barrow and Charlton.
Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 11:49 - May 15 with 986 viewsgainsboroughblue

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 11:41 - May 15 by NeedhamChris

There are some that would have said he was mad to take a job at a club drifting into League One obscurity or worse. But he backed himself to do it - and has succeeded (and then some).

Irrespective of whether he would want it now or not - there's no doubt he'd back himself to do it.

Yep, but it for him, there was nothing to lose and everything to gain, as well as the opportunity to cut his managerial teeth.

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 11:52 - May 15 with 965 viewsEuropablue

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 11:41 - May 15 by NeedhamChris

The only element of doubt is whether Utd. are now set up to enable KM to do the job. KM only joined us because of the direction of travel of this club. We would have been successful without McKenna. We may even have gone up last year via the playoffs and been mid-table in the Championship this year, then challenging for promotion in a couple of years.
Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 11:54 - May 15 with 953 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 10:51 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

Nothing to do with me so apologies, but if your man were to go there, I'd imagine he'd go there with a remit to clear out the deadwood and rebuild from the ground up. There'd be no point in him or them doing it otherwise. Him being given time / expectations being lowered would be part of the deal. If they wanted instant results with the players they've got, they'd try for Ancholoti or someone like that.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 12:26 - May 15 with 780 viewsSmithersJones

Anyone else now worried that Phil is reporting 'the link' (n/t) on 11:03 - May 15 by Pencilpete

He won't go there yet - Man Utd fans are very elitist and want a 'name' like Tuchel or Zidane

Plus as well as McKenna has done here he is an unknown quantity in the premiership

It's more likely they let Ten Hag see out the last year of his contract so they don't have to pay him off and then look at McKenna next summer if he does well and keeps us up

Be under no illusions. Letting ETH carry on is every bit as much an “appointment” from Ineos as is replacing him with someone else. And I reckon they’re allowed to get it wrong once. So if they keep ETH and he doesn’t improve them then they’re in their own last chance saloon. Which is why I think they’ll make a change. Hopefully they’ll play it safe and go with a “name”. But that hasn’t exactly served them well recently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024