Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quadruple pay..... 15:44 - May 22 with 1664 viewssuffolkpoker

By all accounts we have offered Kiearan quadruple his money to stay.

I hope we put in a sensible buyout clause this time... as £4 and £6m is chump change.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Quadruple pay..... on 15:48 - May 22 with 1600 viewsFBI

" as £4 and £6m is chump change."

That's quite a pay range... :-D

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Quadruple pay..... on 15:53 - May 22 with 1511 viewsChurchman

To lighten the mood this is the way to do negotiations

Quadruple pay..... on 15:56 - May 22 with 1477 viewsblue_curacao

While a massive contract like this is a statement of how much we value him, I assume that there are many other factors that will make his mind up. Ultimately, can the board give him the guarantees he needs to be able to develop the squad to the degree and at the pace he'd like?

I feel like we will be hamstrung by the profit & sustainability rules compared to other clubs and that this may be what makes the difference in the end.
Quadruple pay..... on 15:59 - May 22 with 1412 viewsMetal_Hacker

Quadruple pay..... on 15:56 - May 22 by blue_curacao

While a massive contract like this is a statement of how much we value him, I assume that there are many other factors that will make his mind up. Ultimately, can the board give him the guarantees he needs to be able to develop the squad to the degree and at the pace he'd like?

I feel like we will be hamstrung by the profit & sustainability rules compared to other clubs and that this may be what makes the difference in the end.

“I feel like we will be hamstrung by the profit & sustainability rules compared to other clubs and that this may be what makes the difference in the end.”

I give you Bournemouth - they seem to be doing OK with their small budget

Poll: If it were one or the other

Quadruple pay..... on 16:01 - May 22 with 1365 viewsFrimleyBlue

Quadruple pay..... on 15:56 - May 22 by blue_curacao

But that's where our investors come into the game

The new investors for example as Schwarz said are all about global media coverage.. who knows what financial income they can generate for the club from it

We've seen the value of Ed's shirt sponsorship already, let alone with Premier league associated with it.

Then the beginning of actual player trading too.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Quadruple pay..... on 23:00 - May 22 with 1108 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

When you say "By all accounts" do you mean one account in The Sun?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Quadruple pay..... on 23:05 - May 22 with 1052 viewsN2_Blue

Quadruple pay..... on 23:00 - May 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Quite, and they only published it because there was a twa tter post the night before. I thought the numbers quoted were crazy and Phil said he doesn't believe it's true.

I'm sure Ashton et al are working on an improved deal to Mckenna that may or may not have already been offered but if it has i bet its nowhere near some of the numbers tht have been quoted.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Quadruple pay..... on 23:13 - May 22 with 952 viewsfab_lover

Hmm.

That's take home pay of over £50K / month.

Admittedly, it's slightly less than Matt Target gets for making 3 appearances last season for Newcastle...but even so.

It could be that the speculation talk has worked, in which case McK's agent has earned his 10% or whatever the cut is.

However it does remind me why I'm no fan of the Premiership.

over £50K take home a month. Madness, even for a genius like McK. No-one, no-one deserves that much pay.
Login to get fewer ads

Quadruple pay..... on 23:15 - May 22 with 944 viewssuffolkpoker

Quadruple pay..... on 23:00 - May 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I agree it’s only been published once. Obviously McKenna would have had promotion clauses in his contract but with all this speculation. The only way to settle the ship is to offer him a new contract with a massive pay rise to him and his staff.

It makes sense as he is one of the hottest football managers at the moment.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Quadruple pay..... on 07:04 - May 23 with 713 viewsWallingford_Boy

No we haven’t.

RIP Sir Bobby

Quadruple pay..... on 07:13 - May 23 with 676 viewsrodney76

But apparently he doesn't want to sign it. Quadruple pay or not.
If true, this is far worse news than every single bit of speculation of late as it suggests something is afoot.
It blows the view about him wanting to complete the project and loves the club and the area
firmly into touch.

This is the first dissenting noise from the man who has always claimed to have loved the job and has worked tirelessly to see it through.

It was a different Keiran McKenna from the dedicated man we had come to accept and believe in.
[Post edited 23 May 7:19]
Quadruple pay..... on 07:15 - May 23 with 637 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Quadruple pay..... on 07:13 - May 23 by rodney76

But apparently he doesn't want to sign it. Quadruple pay or not.
If true, this is far worse news than every single bit of speculation of late as it suggests something is afoot.
It blows the view about him wanting to complete the project and loves the club and the area
firmly into touch.

This is the first dissenting noise from the man who has always claimed to have loved the job and has worked tirelessly to see it through.

It was a different Keiran McKenna from the dedicated man we had come to accept and believe in.
[Post edited 23 May 7:19]

Phil has already dismissed it as not true.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Quadruple pay..... on 07:35 - May 23 with 543 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Quadruple pay..... on 23:13 - May 22 by fab_lover

Hmm.

That's take home pay of over £50K / month.

Admittedly, it's slightly less than Matt Target gets for making 3 appearances last season for Newcastle...but even so.

It could be that the speculation talk has worked, in which case McK's agent has earned his 10% or whatever the cut is.

However it does remind me why I'm no fan of the Premiership.

over £50K take home a month. Madness, even for a genius like McK. No-one, no-one deserves that much pay.

sorry but you've got your calculations wrong, and its way more than you think. According to the currant bun, he is already on £1.2M p.a., or £100k per month. And the new offer reported is to take it to £5M p.a., which is damn near £100k per week.

It is an obscene amount of money. I wish we could turn the clocks back to a time when pay inequality wasn't a thing, but that's what the world is like nowadays.
I'm not sure that it is the money that is the primary lure for him. The opportunity that tomorrow, he could be working with an entire squad of world class players must be quite a draw. Here at ITFC, all the players have been cast-offs, youth players, crocs, or lower league players we've picked up in the bargain basement. And look what he has been able to do with them. He must be thinking that even if things go as well as they possibly could here, it would be at least 3 years before he could assemble a squad of players with the talent of a Chelsea or Man Utd.

But if he does go, I don't see any way he could come back. Once he has turned his back on The Project, you can't reverse that.
[Post edited 23 May 7:37]

Poll: would you rather

Quadruple pay..... on 07:36 - May 23 with 534 viewstcblue

Quadruple pay..... on 15:59 - May 22 by Metal_Hacker

“I feel like we will be hamstrung by the profit & sustainability rules compared to other clubs and that this may be what makes the difference in the end.”

I give you Bournemouth - they seem to be doing OK with their small budget

I doubt Kieran's ambition stops with being manager of Bournemouth
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024