Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna keen on Chelsea job 22:09 - May 22 with 10407 viewsSitfcB

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13449069/Kieran-McKenna-Mauri
[Post edited 22 May 22:11]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 01:08 - May 23 with 1987 viewsN2_Blue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 00:22 - May 23 by itfcsuth

Naturally.

It’s a huge club with both domestic and European success, huge financial powers and a young talented squad of a high level.

Have to take the rose tints off a little here, of course he would be keen on the job.

The fans don’t even want him. I wouldn’t want to manage somewhere I’m not wanted. Chelsea is the worst club I can think of. Lose so much respect if he goes to Chelsea.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 01:56 - May 23 with 1903 viewsitfcsuth

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 01:08 - May 23 by N2_Blue

The fans don’t even want him. I wouldn’t want to manage somewhere I’m not wanted. Chelsea is the worst club I can think of. Lose so much respect if he goes to Chelsea.

Of course you get idiotic fans on Twitter, every football club has them and global football club fan bases are the worst on social media, Man Utd are the same.

He won’t care about that one bit, it’s a different club, it’s not the same family feel club environment as it is here, he won’t pay any attention to what Twitter fans are writing.

It’s a little naive to suggest he should be turning down clubs like Chelsea or Man Utd to stay I’m afraid.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 05:06 - May 23 with 1796 viewsibbleobble

And you called my Brighton fan ITK post, “lazy” 😂
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 05:44 - May 23 with 1755 viewsSitfcB

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 05:06 - May 23 by ibbleobble

And you called my Brighton fan ITK post, “lazy” 😂

For reasons you clearly don’t understand

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 05:48 - May 23 with 1735 viewsKieran_Knows

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:44 - May 22 by SitfcB

Indeed.

We’ve gone from hardly anything leaking in the press about us to it turning into a national media circus.
[Post edited 22 May 22:53]

Yeah, but it’s us fans who are the damaging the club when it comes to transfer negotiations and somebody leaking a bit of ‘def info’ ….
[Post edited 23 May 6:17]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 06:19 - May 23 with 1683 viewsibbleobble

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 05:44 - May 23 by SitfcB

For reasons you clearly don’t understand

🙂
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 06:23 - May 23 with 1677 viewsArnieM

Frankly he’d be barking mad to join Chelsea . But the longer this goes in the less likely he will stay. I think WE had better start looking elsewhere now because all this uncertainty is going to hinder THIS club next season. If McKenna is thinking of leaving , just go so WE can get in with what we need to do to stay in the PL.

I would add, no one is considering the profound effect his leaving will be having on the current squad. Yes, managers always leave ( and their backroom staff). The very “ togetherness “ that has been a feature of this club since the owners took over and McKenna / Pert came in, is now looking like being torn up and thrown in the bin. We will now be in a far less effective state as a club going forwards purely due to the upheaval. Players we are targeting will probably now not be coming here. And the longer this rumbles in the less time OUR new manager has to get things settled and focused. All the “ I love it here” seems quite hollow now doesnt it.
[Post edited 23 May 6:56]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 06:39 - May 23 with 1628 viewsWeirdFishes

Im now at the stage where I think there is so much media briefing going on he is clearly wanting to move so I’d rather it just got over and done with. We need and deserve a manager who wants to be here.

Genuinely really disappointed in him for the media circus that is ongoing regarding his future, it would be much more respectful to just let it play out in the background.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:44 - May 23 with 1435 viewsSimonds92

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 06:23 - May 23 by ArnieM

Frankly he’d be barking mad to join Chelsea . But the longer this goes in the less likely he will stay. I think WE had better start looking elsewhere now because all this uncertainty is going to hinder THIS club next season. If McKenna is thinking of leaving , just go so WE can get in with what we need to do to stay in the PL.

I would add, no one is considering the profound effect his leaving will be having on the current squad. Yes, managers always leave ( and their backroom staff). The very “ togetherness “ that has been a feature of this club since the owners took over and McKenna / Pert came in, is now looking like being torn up and thrown in the bin. We will now be in a far less effective state as a club going forwards purely due to the upheaval. Players we are targeting will probably now not be coming here. And the longer this rumbles in the less time OUR new manager has to get things settled and focused. All the “ I love it here” seems quite hollow now doesnt it.

I think this is a very relevant point. Look at what happened to QPR with Mick Beale, their form literally fell off a cliff when there was all that speculation about him.

This season was always going to be difficult but this last week or so has been less than ideal for the club and I'm now really concerned with what might happen in terms of our performance which is such a shame given the optimism we all had a couple of weeks ago.
[Post edited 23 May 9:35]
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 09:37 - May 23 with 1342 viewsitfcjoe

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:42 - May 22 by LankHenners

Reads like a continuation of what his agent's been feeding to the press all week. Clearly trying to force a move or at worst a bumper deal here.

I take all the points about no loyalty in football, it's dog eat dog, managers have to look after themselves etc. but this really is one of those facets of the sport that I find really quite distasteful. Having this all played out in public because his 'people' mouth off to the media every 5 minutes is miles away from our 'culture' of heads down, perfect respect for each other, work towards a common goal etc.

Yep, this is where I am with it - I can see why all 3 jobs are attractive and if he can get one of the big 2 it is an incredible opportunity and one he couldn't really turn down.

But does it need to be like this to get one? I guess at end of process if he does then the agent can say - "Look, we got you this, it may not have been how you wanted it done but the end justifies the means".

But this just doesn't feel like McKenna and the man we've come to know and is tarnishing the job he has done, our promotion and getting me to the stage where I'll just be totally non plussed at how he does in his next job due to this exit plan where it feels like we are being treated badly as a club and this is now affecting our chances of PL survival.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 09:44 - May 23 with 1263 viewssantiagosentme

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:20 - May 22 by N2_Blue

ETH is leaving whether Utd win or lose the cup final. I Think stuff like ‘McKenna is keen on Chelsea’ is just coming from his agent who is trying to make United move as quickly as possible.

Only club I think McKenna leaves for this summer is United personally. If McKenna goes Chelsea he’s nuts. Sorry but he is. No manager without a track record of 20 years management should touch Chelsea
[Post edited 22 May 22:22]

Tbf the Chelsea job is probably the safest top 6 club job in the prem to take on without damaging your reputation really, everyone expects a Chelsea manager to be sacked within 12 months anyway so it's practically a free hit at a top job in the prem. As much as I don't think it's the right move for him I can totally get why he'd go, he'd get a huge wage (and payoff when he's sacked in 6-12 months) but if he succeeds with them he looks even better so it's a win win really.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 09:47 - May 23 with 1235 viewsMach_foreignBlue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 06:23 - May 23 by ArnieM

If he stays he stays. If he goes he goes. The quicker it's sorted the better. It's been dragging.

It's all about the club. Yes, I badly want him to stay but no-one is bigger than the club.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 09:53 - May 23 with 1174 viewsgordon

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 09:44 - May 23 by santiagosentme

Tbf the Chelsea job is probably the safest top 6 club job in the prem to take on without damaging your reputation really, everyone expects a Chelsea manager to be sacked within 12 months anyway so it's practically a free hit at a top job in the prem. As much as I don't think it's the right move for him I can totally get why he'd go, he'd get a huge wage (and payoff when he's sacked in 6-12 months) but if he succeeds with them he looks even better so it's a win win really.

Yep this is what I think - it's actually a pretty good opportunity for him and he's well-suited to being a head coach who does training and tactics. He sorted out Paul Cook's mess without batting an eyelid - if anyone in football could sort Chelsea into a coherent team it's McKenna, the fact that the players are a higher standard is neither here nor there.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:03 - May 23 with 1106 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-next-manager-mckenna-ipswic

'given the green light' according to the standard
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:05 - May 23 with 1067 viewsKieran_Knows

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 09:37 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Yep, this is where I am with it - I can see why all 3 jobs are attractive and if he can get one of the big 2 it is an incredible opportunity and one he couldn't really turn down.

But does it need to be like this to get one? I guess at end of process if he does then the agent can say - "Look, we got you this, it may not have been how you wanted it done but the end justifies the means".

But this just doesn't feel like McKenna and the man we've come to know and is tarnishing the job he has done, our promotion and getting me to the stage where I'll just be totally non plussed at how he does in his next job due to this exit plan where it feels like we are being treated badly as a club and this is now affecting our chances of PL survival.

Well said.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:07 - May 23 with 1025 viewsLankHenners

Yeah I get this is the Premier League and as a new/smaller club in it this sort of thing happens to you - we're far from the first ones to experience it.

But if we were watching this happen to another club I'd feel really sorry for their fans and think the management were being pretty disrespectful towards them. Will never forget how great these last couple of seasons have been but to go from the euphoria of a few weeks ago to all this nonsense leaves a bit of a sour taste to be honest.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:08 - May 23 with 997 viewsITFCBlues

100% agree - it needs drawing to a close within the next week, one way or another. We'd need to get another manager in place and then really press on with getting players through the door. We're probably already behind where we could be on the later!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:08 - May 23 with 997 viewsmarchy

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:03 - May 23 by Macedonian_Gerrard

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-next-manager-mckenna-ipswic

Yep, to be fair I understand that to be entirely true based on the article I read in the Standard that understands it to be true based on an article they read in the Mail that understands it to be true based on "a source close to" KMcK that they almost certainly invented.

We're in a cesspool here.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:11 - May 23 with 931 viewspointofblue

Wish this post could be stickied as I feel most people who are seemingly turning (slightly) against McKenna are doing so for this reason.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:13 - May 23 with 914 viewsSwailsey

This is exactly where I’m at now.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:13 - May 23 with 899 viewsSimonds92

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:03 - May 23 by Macedonian_Gerrard

Well we know the compensation is likely double this as a minimum so not a huge amount of research gone in to this story, just speculation.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:15 - May 23 with 838 viewsSwailsey

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:11 - May 23 by pointofblue

Wish this post could be stickied as I feel most people who are seemingly turning (slightly) against McKenna are doing so for this reason.

I posted quite similar last night and was hit with down arrows, which I’m sad to say get to me more than they should!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:18 - May 23 with 802 viewspointofblue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:15 - May 23 by Swailsey

I posted quite similar last night and was hit with down arrows, which I’m sad to say get to me more than they should!

I’m sorry I missed it, as would have upped it if I’d seen it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:19 - May 23 with 792 viewshunty21

You mean his agent is ....
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 10:31 - May 23 with 690 viewstractorboy1978

Spot on.

You listen to KOA and Stuart is saying McKenna has been at the club over the last couple of days discussing strategy and recruitment with MA. He's clearly not desperate to leave. Feels like his agent is really hanging him out to dry here - and perhaps that is part of his strategy, to try drive a wedge and make his position here with fans/board more difficult so he feels more inclined to move? I get that to a degree McKenna should be able to put an end to this but like you say, this isn't the McKenna we know and I don't believe for a second he wants this sort of speculation/disrespect to ITFC.

My hunch is pretty much in line with the Justin Allen article last night. He would really like the Man Utd job and to that end he still has to be available. The way to end this speculation would be to sign a new deal and commit here but he can't do that and then be off to Man U in a week or so. If he doesn't get Man U, I have a suspicion the new deal gets signed and a line drawn quickly. But perhaps I am naive.
[Post edited 23 May 10:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024