Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were the Man U owner.... 15:42 - May 23 with 2811 viewsitfcjoe

...why would you give Kieran McKenna the job ahead of Thomas Tuchel at this stage?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:43 - May 23 with 2089 viewsHelp

Because the manure players like kieran
If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:45 - May 23 with 2062 viewsSitfcB

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:43 - May 23 by Help

They didn’t before! Called him a PE teacher apparently.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:45 - May 23 with 2054 viewsnrb1985

Because like Clearlake at Chelsea you want a "Yes" man who won't talk back when you tell them you're selling Conor Gallagher and replacing him a 9 year old from Ecuador.
If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:46 - May 23 with 2018 viewstextbackup

IMO, you just wouldn’t.

He needs 1/2/3 years to prove himself in the PL for a job of that size. Again, IMO.

If he has a good season with us, then they’ll seriously look at him.

If he was to leave us for MUFC (at anytime) I’d actually feel real pride that we’ve produced a manager of that level.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:47 - May 23 with 1986 viewsFrimleyBlue

cheap option?

I know there's the compensation which obviously isn't cheap, but you'd imagine they'd get a way of giving him less than the likes of Tuchel.

Another reason could be it's a new era, if it works well excellent, if not, well we tried something new, it didn't work next

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:48 - May 23 with 1984 viewsleitrimblue

I think Tuchel may have just saved the day. He's surely gonna be seen as way more experienced and less of a risk.
If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:48 - May 23 with 1980 viewsLankHenners

Yep, or Poch. I know Mr Jim said he'd do things differently and wasn't afraid to be 'brave' when making big decisions but come on.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:49 - May 23 with 1959 viewsthebooks

Partly because you haven’t tried the “young, tactically astute” type yet. Lots of experienced managers have failed there.

Tuchel’s Bayern record wasn’t great…

I also have a little theory that the twon’s reaction to promotion and how we’ve embraced KM counts for him — I bet some clubs would like to buy that feelgood factor he apparently brings.
Login to get fewer ads

Are you sure?? on 15:50 - May 23 with 1924 viewsunstableblue

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:43 - May 23 by Help

Those senior players at Man U were seemingly unhappy,and the on-field results were poor:
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/man-united-players-unhappy-with-assistant-managers-s

If - IF- Keiran decides to take the step up to Chelsea or Man U I would wish him well, and thank him for two incredible seasons that have put Town back on the map, and in rude health. And look forward to welcoming and supporting his successor.

I would have some concerns if he went to Brighton, but would totally get that their senior leadership, training facilities, and higher squad quality provide a better next step than Town.

BUT, I would also be concerned whether Keiran's very technical and detailed training would land with a bunch of internationals at the higher level. As per article above.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Great minds (n/t) on 15:50 - May 23 with 1895 viewsunstableblue

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:45 - May 23 by SitfcB

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:51 - May 23 with 1872 viewsJ2BLUE

Got to be Poch hasn't it? They wanted him years ago. I assume they still do want him even with a different board.

I hope they promise him enough backing to take it.

Like you said, it's probably going to come down to a new deal here or Brighton.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Are you sure?? on 15:51 - May 23 with 1857 viewsFrimleyBlue

Are you sure?? on 15:50 - May 23 by unstableblue

Those senior players at Man U were seemingly unhappy,and the on-field results were poor:
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/man-united-players-unhappy-with-assistant-managers-s

If - IF- Keiran decides to take the step up to Chelsea or Man U I would wish him well, and thank him for two incredible seasons that have put Town back on the map, and in rude health. And look forward to welcoming and supporting his successor.

I would have some concerns if he went to Brighton, but would totally get that their senior leadership, training facilities, and higher squad quality provide a better next step than Town.

BUT, I would also be concerned whether Keiran's very technical and detailed training would land with a bunch of internationals at the higher level. As per article above.

It's quite an important thing and something he has to be thinking about surely.

It's one thing coaching players with a style they've never seen before, but another trying to coach players who think they know what they're doing.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:54 - May 23 with 1791 viewsIllinoisblue

Because a succession of ‘big name’ managers have failed to get them where they want to be? And new owner, new broom and all that.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:55 - May 23 with 1764 viewstextbackup

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:51 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Got to be Poch hasn't it? They wanted him years ago. I assume they still do want him even with a different board.

I hope they promise him enough backing to take it.

Like you said, it's probably going to come down to a new deal here or Brighton.

If he signs a new deal here, and the £5m a year is true, he’s going to be earning an incredible amount more than any of his squad. It’ll be like back in SBR days when the manager was the highest earner!

But, I have been thinking, if he signs that deal, and the worse happens (we go down) we then have a manager earning £5m a year in the championship… because someone might not come in and take him.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:56 - May 23 with 1745 viewstractorboy1978

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:45 - May 23 by nrb1985

Because like Clearlake at Chelsea you want a "Yes" man who won't talk back when you tell them you're selling Conor Gallagher and replacing him a 9 year old from Ecuador.

Kieran isn't a yes man at all though.
If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:57 - May 23 with 1722 viewsBloomBlue

I know it's an obvious thing to say but if KM did move to ManU or Chelsea then the owners need him to be a total success if not their fans will really turn on them.
From the limited comments I've seen from both sets of fans it's KM lack of Prem experience they're against. If the owners put him in and they start badly the anti owner noise from the fans will be deafening. Massive gamble from either owner, by going with an experienced manager that's is one noise they won't hear.
If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:57 - May 23 with 1716 viewsJakeITFC

If I was coming in Man United I’d look at all of the billions wasted and probably want my model to be more Brighton than anyone else, and that’s seemingly Chelsea’s thoughts now.

May seem a risk, but you’re effectively just skipping a step of him getting a couple of top half finishes with Brighton and then costing loads more.
If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:59 - May 23 with 1676 viewsnrb1985

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:56 - May 23 by tractorboy1978

Kieran isn't a yes man at all though.

agreed but they think he is.
If you were the Man U owner.... on 16:02 - May 23 with 1618 viewsSmithersJones

Or indeed why they’d go for KMc over Thomas Frank. Frank seems to be a similar profile but with three years’ Prem experience.
[Post edited 23 May 17:21]
If you were the Man U owner.... on 16:02 - May 23 with 1609 viewsITFCBlues

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:55 - May 23 by textbackup

If he signs a new deal here, and the £5m a year is true, he’s going to be earning an incredible amount more than any of his squad. It’ll be like back in SBR days when the manager was the highest earner!

But, I have been thinking, if he signs that deal, and the worse happens (we go down) we then have a manager earning £5m a year in the championship… because someone might not come in and take him.

There would be clauses you'd think that'd drop that down to a manageable level.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

If you were the Man U owner.... on 16:07 - May 23 with 1527 viewstractorboy1978

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:57 - May 23 by JakeITFC

If I was coming in Man United I’d look at all of the billions wasted and probably want my model to be more Brighton than anyone else, and that’s seemingly Chelsea’s thoughts now.

May seem a risk, but you’re effectively just skipping a step of him getting a couple of top half finishes with Brighton and then costing loads more.

Man United are never going to go out and sign a load of totally unproven 18-21 year olds and give them 2 years to bed in like Brighton though. Chelsea have run this kind of model on a higher scale with 'higher' calibre of player for the past two years and looked miles off the top 4 let alone the top.
If you were the Man U owner.... on 16:15 - May 23 with 1443 viewspositivity

if i were man utd, i'd probably go de zerbi over both of them...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

If you were the Man U owner.... on 16:22 - May 23 with 1368 viewsitfcjoe

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:57 - May 23 by JakeITFC

And if he does that his pay will go up to that level and not save you anything surely?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you were the Man U owner.... on 16:22 - May 23 with 1351 viewsHelp

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:45 - May 23 by SitfcB

Sarcasm
If you were the Man U owner.... on 16:29 - May 23 with 1272 viewsflykickingbybgunn

If you were the Man U owner.... on 15:55 - May 23 by textbackup

I would expect that if KMcK is still here and if we go down it would be with a good squad and we can enjoy the last season all over again. Give me some of that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024