Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would keep Azon 15:42 - May 2 with 2324 viewsgtsb1966

Not as our main man obviously but there is a player there. With a bit more coaching he could be a good player to bring on late in a game.
9
I would keep Azon on 15:44 - May 2 with 1820 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't think we have any choice. (Aside from loaning or selling him.)

The main thing he needs to improve is his finishing. Get that right and he will be a cracking player.

Poll: Who is the greatest threat to the UK right now?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

1
I would keep Azon on 15:45 - May 2 with 1824 viewsBluecasp

Love his enthusiasm and his tenacity but I think sadly he's not good enough to make the step-up to the Prem. Could be argued that with a stronger striker we would have been up earlier. Still a great guy though
4
I would keep Azon on 15:46 - May 2 with 1783 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

No.

Have some ambition please.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

2
I would keep Azon on 15:47 - May 2 with 1777 viewsGlasgowBlue

I would keep Azon on 15:44 - May 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't think we have any choice. (Aside from loaning or selling him.)

The main thing he needs to improve is his finishing. Get that right and he will be a cracking player.


There is no obligation to buy.

I would keep him though. Coach him to finish and he will be a very useful option.

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

0
I would keep Azon on 15:48 - May 2 with 1772 viewsJ2BLUE

It's a no from me.

I like him and wish him well but he's not what we need.
4
I would keep Azon on 15:48 - May 2 with 1762 viewsgtsb1966

I would keep Azon on 15:46 - May 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

No.

Have some ambition please.


He would be a cheap option. If it doesn't work then get rid. Like I side a squad player.
0
I would keep Azon on 15:49 - May 2 with 1751 viewstractor_lady

I would keep Azon on 15:44 - May 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't think we have any choice. (Aside from loaning or selling him.)

The main thing he needs to improve is his finishing. Get that right and he will be a cracking player.


i think its Akpom we had the compulsory deal but i suspect like Cajuste would have been on appearances too
1
I would keep Azon on 15:52 - May 2 with 1727 viewsNederlandseBlue

I would keep Azon on 15:49 - May 2 by tractor_lady

i think its Akpom we had the compulsory deal but i suspect like Cajuste would have been on appearances too


The Dutch reporting on Akpom suggest he's already hit the appearance clause, and the "cash register" is now ringing at Ajax: https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/ajax-

Poll: After the video, how do you feel?

0
Login to get fewer ads

I would keep Azon on 15:52 - May 2 with 1715 viewsjas0999

Unlikely. We will need two quality strikers for next season, with George likely to be the third.
0
I would keep Azon on 16:02 - May 2 with 1612 viewsSwansea_Blue


Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

0
I would keep Azon on 16:02 - May 2 with 1613 viewsLeoMuff

I would keep Azon on 15:52 - May 2 by jas0999

Unlikely. We will need two quality strikers for next season, with George likely to be the third.


Yep I agree, there is certainly a player in Azon but we will need guys who are clinical as chances are hard to come by. So reluctantly I would let go.

Wonder if we have any options on Delap return ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

0
I would keep Azon on 16:10 - May 2 with 1552 viewshomer_123

24 yrs old.

There is something there, he's a genuine mix of Pablo and Shefki.

There is a lot about his game that works in our setup, a lot. In many areas he's as good if not better than Hirst. However, his finishing needs serious work.

That said, 24yrs old - he knows us now and we know him. I'd keep him, certainly ahead of Akpom (who I can see we pay not to take the loan). However, we genuinely need a Prem level striker.

Leeds (Calvert Lewin) and Sunderland (Brobbey) have both shown you need that quality up top. I don't think we can compete without that level of quality. However, I'd still take Azon as a backup.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: Has Omari travelled?

2
I would keep Azon on 16:12 - May 2 with 1530 viewsKeno

I would keep Azon on 16:10 - May 2 by homer_123

24 yrs old.

There is something there, he's a genuine mix of Pablo and Shefki.

There is a lot about his game that works in our setup, a lot. In many areas he's as good if not better than Hirst. However, his finishing needs serious work.

That said, 24yrs old - he knows us now and we know him. I'd keep him, certainly ahead of Akpom (who I can see we pay not to take the loan). However, we genuinely need a Prem level striker.

Leeds (Calvert Lewin) and Sunderland (Brobbey) have both shown you need that quality up top. I don't think we can compete without that level of quality. However, I'd still take Azon as a backup.


Can we get stewie in to coach him?

Poll: So TWTD What's The Greatest Sporting Achievement
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

0
I would keep Azon on 16:14 - May 2 with 1500 viewshomer_123

I would keep Azon on 16:12 - May 2 by Keno

Can we get stewie in to coach him?


He can be coached, I am sure. But I don't think he's a natural finisher as such - so am not entirely sure his return is ever going to be brilliant.

However, that lone striker role under KM isn't purely about goals and he has a lot of positive to offer.

Stewie - yeah, knew where to be didn't he.....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: Has Omari travelled?

2
I would keep Azon on 16:15 - May 2 with 1491 viewsOldFart71

He made the goal against Saints and his persistence led to McAteers goal today. I love the fella. As many say if he added goals he's a decent player.
2
I would keep Azon on 16:19 - May 2 with 1460 viewsKBsSocks

I would keep Azon on 16:15 - May 2 by OldFart71

He made the goal against Saints and his persistence led to McAteers goal today. I love the fella. As many say if he added goals he's a decent player.


and while he still falls over at the slightest breeze, he falls over less often and with more ball playing success.

Is his bandage a lucky charm ?

Blog: Comparison Time Again

1
I would keep Azon on 16:21 - May 2 with 1438 viewsGlasgowBlue

I would keep Azon on 15:46 - May 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

No.

Have some ambition please.


We are not going to have 3 Delaps in the squad next season. He'd be a better third choice than Al Hamadi was last season.

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

1
I would keep Azon on 16:23 - May 2 with 1419 viewsZx1988

Happy to trust McKenna here. If he can sort out his finishing, he'll be some player.

Kieran should know whether or not that's capable of being coached.

Not a prophet, or a stone-age man; just a mortal with potential of a superman.
Poll: Worst Ginger?

1
I would keep Azon on 16:24 - May 2 with 1404 viewsarmchaircritic59

The hardest thing to coach into a striker is, well, striking! Virtually all the best ones are those that just found it came to them naturally. Best ever we've had at that, and I had the priviledge of watching him play, was and still is Ray Crawford. A bit before over 90% of peoples time in here I'm guessing! Highly rated by Jimmy Greaves and that guy remains still, the best penalty box predator I've ever seen, so he should know

However, back to IA. Works his butt off, would chase a crisp packet wearing an opposition shirt, immensely likeable guy. Whether he could cut the mustard in the PL, I'll leave those who see him every day to decide. He's someone who I'd like to see succeed somewhere, time will tell where it is.
1
I would keep Azon on 16:25 - May 2 with 1393 viewsRadlett_blue

I would keep Azon on 16:21 - May 2 by GlasgowBlue

We are not going to have 3 Delaps in the squad next season. He'd be a better third choice than Al Hamadi was last season.


yes, but if we are to have any chance of staying up next season, I can only see Hirst as our 3rd striker. If we have to buy Akpom, sell him or loan him out. Azon works hard but is nowhere near good enough.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

-1
I would keep Azon on 16:28 - May 2 with 1357 viewsMummy_Short_Arms

I think we might see Delap back here.

Not a Mummy. Don't have short arms.

0
I would keep Azon on 16:29 - May 2 with 1339 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would keep Azon on 16:28 - May 2 by Mummy_Short_Arms

I think we might see Delap back here.


If Chelsea would sell or loan him out we definitely would want that.

Poll: Who is the greatest threat to the UK right now?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

1
I would keep Azon on 16:40 - May 2 with 1275 viewsGlasgowBlue

I would keep Azon on 16:25 - May 2 by Radlett_blue

yes, but if we are to have any chance of staying up next season, I can only see Hirst as our 3rd striker. If we have to buy Akpom, sell him or loan him out. Azon works hard but is nowhere near good enough.


I honestly think we will loan Hirst back to the Championship.

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

0
I would keep Azon on 16:46 - May 2 with 1234 viewsgtsb1966

I would keep Azon on 16:40 - May 2 by GlasgowBlue

I honestly think we will loan Hirst back to the Championship.


I agree. Nowhere near a Premier striker. Our side will be unrecognisable next season.
0
I would keep Azon on 17:03 - May 2 with 1167 viewsGlasgowBlue

I would keep Azon on 16:46 - May 2 by gtsb1966

I agree. Nowhere near a Premier striker. Our side will be unrecognisable next season.


And a loan would make sense in the event of us coming back down.

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026