Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wes Burns 08:31 - Aug 5 with 11765 viewsParky

Undergoing a medical at Leicester apparently. If true, strange he signed a new deal, as surely we aren’t getting much of a fee?

0
Wes Burns on 08:31 - Aug 5 with 6957 viewshomer_123

This does not surprise me at all.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: Has Omari travelled?

0
Wes Burns on 08:34 - Aug 5 with 6824 viewsZx1988

Not necessarily surprising, except for the fact that he signed a new deal. I presume he'd have got a decent signing-on fee as a free agent.

Not a prophet, or a stone-age man; just a mortal with potential of a superman.
Poll: Worst Ginger?

0
Wes Burns on 08:34 - Aug 5 with 6831 viewsTractorJack

Nice for him and Chappers if it happens.
3
Wes Burns on 08:40 - Aug 5 with 6570 viewsfranz_tyson

Him and Gaz didn't hit it off? Chappers influence? Bit odd with him signing contract.
McAteer to stay?
0
Wes Burns on 08:44 - Aug 5 with 6427 viewsClutch

He may have just had a change of heart, especially since Chaplin signed for them.
0
Wes Burns on 08:45 - Aug 5 with 6396 viewsLitfc00

Wonder if we get a fee?

Strange how this has played out, maybe Wes has been told he’ll be 3rd / 4th choice and therefore he wants to go and play games.

Peculiar to have all the club media around one more year of Wes for this to happen. Taking sentimentality out, I think Wes moving on now is the right decision. Will be remembered as a real modern day club legend.

We’ll need another option to rotate with Fatawu as the drop from Fatawu to McAteer / Egeli is huge (would have said this was the case even if Wes stayed)
5
Wes Burns on 08:47 - Aug 5 with 6324 viewssurreyblue

I know the Prem is a different beast, and I know we can't afford to be sentimental but...

Out of all the players in McKenna Mk1, I would say he is my favourite. Such a good player, so much improvement since joining. Best player in the team in his first season. Silenced the doubters who thought he might be first to be replaced in the Championship season. Scored so many important and wonderful goals. His goal to go 1-0 against Huddersfield on the last day of the 23/24 season is probably my favourite town goal ever. The rabona against Coventry the same season, not just for the finish but for the beautiful build up. The two goals last season, such big goals. The equaliser against Norwich.

I want Wes to pull on the Town shirt in the Prem this season. I want him to make an impact. If I could choose who scores the goal at the end of the season to keep us up... him every day.
23
I can only assume…. on 08:52 - Aug 5 with 6171 viewsBloots

….that they stuck him on a new contract so that GON could have a good look at him in pre-season rather than just let him go.

He’s probably decided he’s not up to it (unsurprisingly) and now we can ship him out, wish him well and get a nominal fee for him.

Good luck to him.

Keaton, Kint, McManus, Fenster and Hockney.

1
Login to get fewer ads

Wes Burns on 08:53 - Aug 5 with 6103 viewsBellevue_Blue

I think the emotion of playing the PL probably saw him sign the deal and now the realisation of playing a few minutes here and there for a team that is rapidly changing has maybe swayed him.

Will be fun to watch him and Chappers at Leicester!
0
Wes Burns on 08:53 - Aug 5 with 6097 viewstractorboy1978

Hopefully means a direct option down that right hand side is close now. Khalaili? We can dream.

Does all seem off re Burns though after he clearly had a lot to ponder over the summer and decided to stay. Had a move to the US on the table too. And now he's off.
0
I can only assume…. on 08:54 - Aug 5 with 6007 viewsGlasgowBlue

I can only assume…. on 08:52 - Aug 5 by Bloots

….that they stuck him on a new contract so that GON could have a good look at him in pre-season rather than just let him go.

He’s probably decided he’s not up to it (unsurprisingly) and now we can ship him out, wish him well and get a nominal fee for him.

Good luck to him.


Absolute club legend and £ for £ the best signing of the gamechanger era. But anyone thinking that we could compete in the Premier league with Wes as back up to Fatuwa was living in cloud cuckoo land.
[Post edited 5 Aug 8:55]

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

7
Wes Burns on 08:56 - Aug 5 with 5948 viewsDanTheMan

Head says this makes sense, heart says he should never leave and we should play him into his 40s.

I'll be very sad to see him go.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

8
I was debating…. on 09:00 - Aug 5 with 5759 viewsBloots

I can only assume…. on 08:54 - Aug 5 by GlasgowBlue

Absolute club legend and £ for £ the best signing of the gamechanger era. But anyone thinking that we could compete in the Premier league with Wes as back up to Fatuwa was living in cloud cuckoo land.
[Post edited 5 Aug 8:55]


….whether to give him the “#legend”.

I think it’s close, but erred on the side of caution.

I may be wrong.

Keaton, Kint, McManus, Fenster and Hockney.

1
Wes Burns on 09:00 - Aug 5 with 5708 viewsFlittonBlue

Wes Burns on 08:56 - Aug 5 by DanTheMan

Head says this makes sense, heart says he should never leave and we should play him into his 40s.

I'll be very sad to see him go.


Think this shows a pragmatism and honesty needed to move the team on. Obviously we will be sad to see him go, but I dont think anyone thought 'hey., thats what we need' when he signed the new contract last month

Poll: What is the minimum requirement for you to consider GON a success?

0
I was debating…. on 09:03 - Aug 5 with 5610 viewsJakeITFC

I was debating…. on 09:00 - Aug 5 by Bloots

….whether to give him the “#legend”.

I think it’s close, but erred on the side of caution.

I may be wrong.


I think we will look back on the teams he played in and him incredibly fondly in years to come. May not have won the trophies of the best Ipswich teams but they really did get us out of the doldrums.

Think you could make a case for Burns, Morsy, Chaplin and Leif being on the cusp of legendary status.
8
Agreed. (n/t) on 09:04 - Aug 5 with 5570 viewsBloots

I was debating…. on 09:03 - Aug 5 by JakeITFC

I think we will look back on the teams he played in and him incredibly fondly in years to come. May not have won the trophies of the best Ipswich teams but they really did get us out of the doldrums.

Think you could make a case for Burns, Morsy, Chaplin and Leif being on the cusp of legendary status.



Keaton, Kint, McManus, Fenster and Hockney.

0
Wes Burns on 09:04 - Aug 5 with 5561 viewsboysof1981

Guessing he has realised he won’t be playing that many games, and would prefer to play every week. Surely we’d receive a small fee considering he must’ve got a signing on fee from us when he signed the one year deal?
Best of luck to him and Chappers, personally I don’t mind Leicester and hope they go up.
0
If this is true…. on 09:06 - Aug 5 with 5486 viewsBloots

….the most annoying thing is that I/we would inevitably have to develop an interest/soft spot for Leicester.

Which is a bit of a concern.

Keaton, Kint, McManus, Fenster and Hockney.

11
Wes Burns on 09:06 - Aug 5 with 5478 views_CliveBaker_

Maybe he's just addicted to promotions and wants another one. Issue I have with him and Chappers going there is now I have to like Leicester, and I never have since they took Ian Marshall off us. That was a dark day as an 8 year old.
7
Great minds. (n/t) on 09:08 - Aug 5 with 5388 viewsBloots

Wes Burns on 09:06 - Aug 5 by _CliveBaker_

Maybe he's just addicted to promotions and wants another one. Issue I have with him and Chappers going there is now I have to like Leicester, and I never have since they took Ian Marshall off us. That was a dark day as an 8 year old.



Keaton, Kint, McManus, Fenster and Hockney.

0
I was debating…. on 09:09 - Aug 5 with 5339 viewsxrayspecs

I was debating…. on 09:03 - Aug 5 by JakeITFC

I think we will look back on the teams he played in and him incredibly fondly in years to come. May not have won the trophies of the best Ipswich teams but they really did get us out of the doldrums.

Think you could make a case for Burns, Morsy, Chaplin and Leif being on the cusp of legendary status.


Love what they did for the club, but not legends in my view.

Legend status should be reserved for the very best. Crawford, Beattie, Wark, Mariner, Robson, Burley etc.
1
Wes Burns on 09:09 - Aug 5 with 5318 viewsJammyDodgerrr

One of the best pound for pound signings in the modern football era, and such a unique footballer who we missed every single time he was unavailable.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

2
Wes Burns on 09:10 - Aug 5 with 5294 viewsBluemike31

Shame to see him go but in truth the right thing. I also believe GON likes McAteer and this could be part of Burns thinking because game time could be very limited.
0
Wes Burns on 09:12 - Aug 5 with 5197 viewsTrequartista

S'funny, yesterday Burns was well worth his place in the squad when it was McAteer rumoured to leave, now this "news" has been announced, the opinion is that he's not quite up to it. What happened overnight?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

0
Great minds. (n/t) on 09:12 - Aug 5 with 5155 views_CliveBaker_

Great minds. (n/t) on 09:08 - Aug 5 by Bloots



#ThoughtLeaders
1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026