Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone on here claim benefits? 12:15 - Oct 7 with 5705 viewsBillywitch

I've never received a single penny of money/or had any help from any government.

And the more I read, the more it seems I'm a minority.

Interested to see the landscape of this forum
[Post edited 7 Oct 17:29]
-7
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:10 - Oct 7 with 686 viewsTownieRob

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 15:23 - Oct 7 by StokieBlue

By this logic shouldn't you be working rather than walking around your local Asda?

What a bizarre argument to construct.

SB


Apparently we’re now pretending you can’t form a reasonable impression of someone based on how they present themselves, carry themselves, their mannerisms and, yes, the circumstances in front of you.

I’m not blind to the world around me. I’m not claiming to know someone’s entire life story from a passing encounter, but please don’t insult my intelligence either.

The race to the moral high ground on here whenever there’s a perceived underdog is painfully predictable. Anyways, I gave the crowd what they wanted… crack on.
-11
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:18 - Oct 7 with 655 viewshoppy

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 12:57 - Oct 7 by mutters

Hey that's my niche, I really don't need the competition as it's a hard enough market.


But presumably you can't cater for the uber-niche 6 fingered market?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

0
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:23 - Oct 7 with 635 viewsStokieBlue

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:10 - Oct 7 by TownieRob

Apparently we’re now pretending you can’t form a reasonable impression of someone based on how they present themselves, carry themselves, their mannerisms and, yes, the circumstances in front of you.

I’m not blind to the world around me. I’m not claiming to know someone’s entire life story from a passing encounter, but please don’t insult my intelligence either.

The race to the moral high ground on here whenever there’s a perceived underdog is painfully predictable. Anyways, I gave the crowd what they wanted… crack on.


You did attempt to extrapolate their life story from the fact they were in a supermarket during the day (as were you apparently).

The attempt to play the victim when you post such ridiculous things is also rather predictable as well as disingenuous.

SB

Avatar - M101 - Pinwheel Galaxy

2
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:30 - Oct 7 with 621 viewsRyorry

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 15:14 - Oct 7 by TownieRob

I don't know.

I only have to walk round my local asda at any point of the any week day, and I can see there's a number of people filling their baskets who aren't working, that could.

I'm all for helping those who really do need it. Unfortunately we are helping many who are nothing more than lazy.


You've never heard of hidden disabilities then?

There are literally hundreds of chronic illnesses and disabilities that you wouldn't know people had just by looking at them. Their walk round the supermarket might well be the only time they're able to get out or see another human that day. Which is a bloody depressing, lonely, miserable situation btw., not one you'd go for out of choice.

I loved my job, having colleagues, feeling I was doing something useful and contributing - would have done anything to get back to it, which I think is the case for many but is a situation which doesn't even seem to have occurred you & the OP. Was prevented by firstly a congenital condition worsening with age (spinal, not visible) and then an accident (CO poisoning from a house I bought in my early 40s which affected brain (strokes) heart (arrhythmia) and gut (ulcerative colitis)). All hidden disabilities.

Educate yourself, and stop judging/condemning others with zero foundation for doing so - that's just an ignorant, unpleasant stance. Consider yourself very lucky if you don't need benefits and count your blessings, don't take them for granted, many find themselves suddenly disabled through accidents.

Poll: Do you find minor cuts & grazes heal better

6
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:32 - Oct 7 with 592 viewsMattinLondon

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:10 - Oct 7 by TownieRob

Apparently we’re now pretending you can’t form a reasonable impression of someone based on how they present themselves, carry themselves, their mannerisms and, yes, the circumstances in front of you.

I’m not blind to the world around me. I’m not claiming to know someone’s entire life story from a passing encounter, but please don’t insult my intelligence either.

The race to the moral high ground on here whenever there’s a perceived underdog is painfully predictable. Anyways, I gave the crowd what they wanted… crack on.


It’s not about racing to the moral high ground but more about your rather weak argument.

I earn a good salary and I am fortunate to work from home. Whilst at home, if I have no work calls with external people I do not shave, I do not put product in my hair and I tend to wear older clothes. In truth I look like a total mess.

How would you know that I have a good job rather than claiming benefits?

I also tend to slouch over the trolly.
0
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:40 - Oct 7 with 588 viewsbsw72

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 15:28 - Oct 7 by bartyg

Guys you can't all jump in on Rob, now I feel bad replying even though he's responding to me!


He did leave the (own) goal wide open for it . . .
0
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:40 - Oct 7 with 587 viewsDubtractor

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 15:14 - Oct 7 by TownieRob

I don't know.

I only have to walk round my local asda at any point of the any week day, and I can see there's a number of people filling their baskets who aren't working, that could.

I'm all for helping those who really do need it. Unfortunately we are helping many who are nothing more than lazy.


Crikey.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

3
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:45 - Oct 7 with 568 viewsDJR

I bet you weren't a fan of UB40.
1
Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:47 - Oct 7 with 535 viewsbartyg

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:40 - Oct 7 by bsw72

He did leave the (own) goal wide open for it . . .


I think my assist should be noted at least

FREE ISRAEL FROM THE IDF

1
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:49 - Oct 7 with 532 viewsTractor_Buck

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:10 - Oct 7 by TownieRob

Apparently we’re now pretending you can’t form a reasonable impression of someone based on how they present themselves, carry themselves, their mannerisms and, yes, the circumstances in front of you.

I’m not blind to the world around me. I’m not claiming to know someone’s entire life story from a passing encounter, but please don’t insult my intelligence either.

The race to the moral high ground on here whenever there’s a perceived underdog is painfully predictable. Anyways, I gave the crowd what they wanted… crack on.


So when you see me in Asda on a Friday morning picking up a few bits and pieces, in my trackies and a running t-shirt, with unkempt hair, what reasonable impression are you going to draw? By your last post I think the answer to that is fairly clear.

Sadly it isn't the correct one - the owner of an SME manufacturing company who helped rearrange production schedules and working arrangements so me, my three business partners and the 19 people we employ now work a four day week and have every Friday off. This allows me to go for a nice long run early doors and pick up some lunch and tea on the way home. Once again, see how this works?
4
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:50 - Oct 7 with 532 viewsDJR

When people have a go at people on benefits (other than those in receipt of the state pension), I am always reminded of these words of Lou Reed, admittedly in an American context.

Give me your hungry, your tired, your poor - I'll piss on 'em
That's what the Statue of Bigotry says
Your poor huddled masses, let's club 'em to death
And get it over with and just dump 'em on the boulevard



Such attitudes certainly show no evidence of Christian charity.
[Post edited 7 Oct 16:55]
1
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:53 - Oct 7 with 514 viewsJ2BLUE

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 15:14 - Oct 7 by TownieRob

I don't know.

I only have to walk round my local asda at any point of the any week day, and I can see there's a number of people filling their baskets who aren't working, that could.

I'm all for helping those who really do need it. Unfortunately we are helping many who are nothing more than lazy.


Imagine coming to that conclusion while visiting an Asda...literally a business that employs people around the clock

[Post edited 7 Oct 16:56]
0
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:57 - Oct 7 with 495 viewsbalcombeblue

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:53 - Oct 7 by J2BLUE

Imagine coming to that conclusion while visiting an Asda...literally a business that employs people around the clock

[Post edited 7 Oct 16:56]


This has all the hallmarks of a great thread.

We don't have an Asda nearby, but I get the same sense when I am in Waitrose in Haywards Heath. There's lots of middle class people filling their baskets and not working. Makes my blood boil.
2
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:57 - Oct 7 with 492 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Wasn't there an awful fuss on here recently about so-called "hand grenade" posts?

Poll: As we are indulging in pointless quesions. If my aunt had balls would she be ...

0
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:58 - Oct 7 with 482 viewsJ2BLUE

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:57 - Oct 7 by balcombeblue

This has all the hallmarks of a great thread.

We don't have an Asda nearby, but I get the same sense when I am in Waitrose in Haywards Heath. There's lots of middle class people filling their baskets and not working. Makes my blood boil.


I was in M&S earlier. At 11.30 on a Wednesday. I'm utter scum.
0
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:59 - Oct 7 with 457 viewsbalcombeblue

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:58 - Oct 7 by J2BLUE

I was in M&S earlier. At 11.30 on a Wednesday. I'm utter scum.


You don't need to tell us that my friend.

You should have been in Fortnums.
2
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 17:02 - Oct 7 with 432 viewsDubtractor

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 16:53 - Oct 7 by J2BLUE

Imagine coming to that conclusion while visiting an Asda...literally a business that employs people around the clock

[Post edited 7 Oct 16:56]


Careful, you're showing the signs of being ready to join the woke LBF.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

0
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 17:06 - Oct 7 with 405 viewsleitrimblue

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 13:28 - Oct 7 by J2BLUE

Stop the clock. 27 years on TWTD and i've finally done it

Cheers.

There are a lot more experiences. Recruitment agencies repeatedly sent me for jobs where I was rejected for not having experience. I eventually thought that I was a useful idiot for them. A CV good enough to be a viable candidate but not good enough to threaten whoever they thought was the real candidate for the job.

Other agencies called me in, made me write out my entire CV on their forms as part of my registration and then never contacted me again. Another one got angry on the phone with me after I said no to going for a job that was nothing like I had told him I was looking for and was significantly below the salary requirement.

It was a miserable time.


Congratulations! 27 years of training finally paid off .


I attempted to sign on a few times in the UK back in the 90,s. Was so difficult/awkward at least 2 of those times and i just gave up and left without receiving any benefit.

Then around 2008/9 the Celtic Tiger died in Ireland and i suddenly found myself without work. I didn't sign on for 7 or 8 months as i had quite a bit of cash saved up. Once the money started running low I thought I'd attempt to sign on in Ireland expecting a similar experience to that I'd had in the UK.

But it was almost the complete opposite, they insisted I should have come in the moment I had stopped working. They roughly said that I had been paying into the system for 8 years and was entitled to unemployment benefit. They spent most of the interview gving out to me for wasting all my savings on living costs rather then claiming what I was entitled too.

The difference in attitude was a real eye opener.
1
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 17:08 - Oct 7 with 397 viewsDJR

You wouldn't be able to make any judgment in the pretty large Food Warehouse near me, because the one person on the till more often than not outnumbers the number of customers.

It's an offshoot of Iceland but the lack of customers makes me think the concept isn't working.

Still, it's 10% off for the over-60s on a Tuesday, so I sometimes pop in for the odd item or two even though that offer doesn't seem to make it any busier.

On the other hand, maybe it proves that none of their customers are on benefits because they only shop later in the day.
[Post edited 7 Oct 17:15]
0
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 17:12 - Oct 7 with 378 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 15:14 - Oct 7 by TownieRob

I don't know.

I only have to walk round my local asda at any point of the any week day, and I can see there's a number of people filling their baskets who aren't working, that could.

I'm all for helping those who really do need it. Unfortunately we are helping many who are nothing more than lazy.


Fine, I’ll bite.

I work 40-50 hour weeks. Most weekends I’m working. Meaning I’ll have one or two days off midweek and on one of those days int he week may well be out in the shops, or out with the missus for a meal or something during my days off. I find the idea that you’d be judging me as being lazy as quite ridiculous.

You’ve zero idea of the circumstances to the people you’re judging so stop it.

Poll: Ashton Out? Yes or no

7
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 17:14 - Oct 7 with 376 viewsJ2BLUE

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 17:02 - Oct 7 by Dubtractor

Careful, you're showing the signs of being ready to join the woke LBF.


[Post edited 7 Oct 17:15]
0
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 17:15 - Oct 7 with 361 viewsbalcombeblue

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 17:12 - Oct 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Fine, I’ll bite.

I work 40-50 hour weeks. Most weekends I’m working. Meaning I’ll have one or two days off midweek and on one of those days int he week may well be out in the shops, or out with the missus for a meal or something during my days off. I find the idea that you’d be judging me as being lazy as quite ridiculous.

You’ve zero idea of the circumstances to the people you’re judging so stop it.


Yes yes, but do you wear a suit when you go shopping?
1
If you want to know how many people are on benefits on 17:16 - Oct 7 with 344 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If you want to know how many people are on benefits on 14:09 - Oct 7 by BelsteadCav

In your area, have a look at this



The top 10 most expensive areas in the country are all labour voters, who would have guessed

[Post edited 7 Oct 14:18]


The 2026 version of you is deeply unpleasant on here. Very thinly veiled everything you post but I know your game.

I preferred it when you were just a boring bloke who wanted to w**k off a cyclist a few years ago.

Poll: Ashton Out? Yes or no

4
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 17:18 - Oct 7 with 319 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 17:15 - Oct 7 by balcombeblue

Yes yes, but do you wear a suit when you go shopping?


Almost always a tracksuit.

Which means I’m of course a disgrace in the eyes of Townie who would see me and assume I’m off all day every day. Which I suppose goes to show perhaps he ought to not judge a book by its cover. Or better, don’t judge anyone you don’t know.
[Post edited 7 Oct 17:19]

Poll: Ashton Out? Yes or no

0
Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 17:21 - Oct 7 with 312 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Is anyone on here claim benefits? on 17:15 - Oct 7 by balcombeblue

Yes yes, but do you wear a suit when you go shopping?


I have it on good authority that this is what Rommers wears to "pop to the shops" ...


Poll: As we are indulging in pointless quesions. If my aunt had balls would she be ...

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026