Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc 09:33 - Jan 12 with 1923 viewsKeno

Afternoon Ipswich Town fans, I come bringing some news with regards to a couple of players Ipswich are trying to bring in.

First up, Conor Chaplin of Portsmouth. He has come highly recommended via Adam Webster (who came from Portsmouth in the summer) . As I understand it, Ipswich are close to agreeing a £800k (plus add ons) deal for Chaplin, and he could be signed in time for Ipswich's next league game, which is at home to Blackburn on the 14th January.

Secondly, Ipswich are also trying to sign Lloyd Isgrove from SOuthampton on a permanent deal. A fee of around £600k is close to being agreed, although there are several clubs interested in Isgrove, Ipswich are the favourites to land him.

That's all I have for now, when I hear anything else, I will let you folks know!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:37 - Jan 12 with 1840 viewstaximan

great news
Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:38 - Jan 12 with 1829 viewsDolly2.0

I like how he gives the date of our next match and the bit about Webster to add a bit of authenticity, like we didn't know those things already.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:41 - Jan 12 with 1798 viewsSamuelowen88

Would you say any were Imminent?

Poll: England v Wales Score

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:42 - Jan 12 with 1778 viewsSWGF

Pretty sure we were linked with the Pompey kid previously.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:43 - Jan 12 with 1766 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Conor Chaplin - 14 in 60 appearances

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:45 - Jan 12 with 1751 viewsitfcjoe

Ipswich are definitely interested in Chaplin - one of my Mum's friends nephews is Christian Burgess and she is an Ipswich fan and down there watching and speaking to him all the time so get's info that way. Apparently we still like Bennett too.

I'm not sure he is what we need though.

Lloyd Isgrove is decent enough - but really needs to kick on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:47 - Jan 12 with 1731 viewsKeno

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:41 - Jan 12 by Samuelowen88

Would you say any were Imminent?

no sure imminent is quite the word just yet,

may TWTD understands ........

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:49 - Jan 12 with 1695 viewsKieran_Knows

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:45 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

Ipswich are definitely interested in Chaplin - one of my Mum's friends nephews is Christian Burgess and she is an Ipswich fan and down there watching and speaking to him all the time so get's info that way. Apparently we still like Bennett too.

Think Bennett is out of contract this summer too, so may be available for a knock down fee.

Chaplin only signed a new deal at Pompey last October I think, but then again so did Hugill and were bidding on him, so don't really see that as an issue.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:55 - Jan 12 with 1634 viewsGeoffSentence

Is Conor Chaplin related to Tom Chaplin? If so I am sure the latter would put a good word in for us too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:59 - Jan 12 with 1593 viewsfactual_blue

Do the negotiations for Conor include his demand for the nickname 'Charlie'?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:00 - Jan 12 with 1576 viewsfactual_blue

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:45 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

Does your mum's friend work at a hospital though?

Or Tesco?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:08 - Jan 12 with 1510 viewscatch74

Thanks Keno, keeps me excited. You could have maybe made up a couple yourself to add at the end.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:21 - Jan 12 with 1394 viewsKeno

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:08 - Jan 12 by catch74

Thanks Keno, keeps me excited. You could have maybe made up a couple yourself to add at the end.

me, make up a rumour on Football Rumours??

never!!

well once ........

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:25 - Jan 12 with 1354 viewsITFC1983

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:43 - Jan 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

Conor Chaplin - 14 in 60 appearances

And only 19 years old...

Would be very happy if we were to sign him before the end of the window...
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 10:36]

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:30 - Jan 12 with 1317 viewsMJallday

all this post needs is the words "def info"

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:41 - Jan 12 with 1263 viewshochiblue

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 09:59 - Jan 12 by factual_blue

Do the negotiations for Conor include his demand for the nickname 'Charlie'?

..and does his goal celebration involve a bowler hat and a walking stick, and glue on moustache? I hope so.
Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:47 - Jan 12 with 1201 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:21 - Jan 12 by Keno

me, make up a rumour on Football Rumours??

never!!

well once ........

I wonder where Axel Bellinghausen is now

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:49 - Jan 12 with 1166 viewsKeno

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:47 - Jan 12 by BaltachaFanClub

last played for Fortuna!!

has the a wonderfully named wife "Silly Bellinghausen"

I can't remember the two polish lads I linked and then there was the spanish wondered who i think was originally Cotty's idea

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:59 - Jan 12 with 1087 viewsellerblue

Ok, so I know this if from Football Rumours but desperate times etc etc on 10:47 - Jan 12 by BaltachaFanClub

Axel is still playing for Fortuna first team, this man definitely deserves the nickname "Psycho" not the most gifted footballer but he really gets stuck into the opposition and also his own team players a total crowd favourite just think of a totally deranged Chambo lives and breathes Fortuna.

Heinsberg Blue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024