Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Harbey 16:30 - Jan 30 with 3090 viewsbenno1uk

I don't remember Graham Harbey, but by all accounts he is rated as our all time worst player. He must be loving the current team then. Surely he must be usurped by one / all of messrs Douglas, Best and Coke.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 16:31]
Graham Harbey on 16:31 - Jan 30 with 3065 viewsartsbossbeard

Now, he was a proper scapegoat.

Today's lot aren't comparable.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Graham Harbey on 16:33 - Jan 30 with 3047 viewsJohnhoz

I remember him scoring a great goal at Northampton in the league cup, in 1987.
We won 4-2 AET

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Graham Harbey on 16:33 - Jan 30 with 3047 viewsmutters

He.
Was.
Woeful.

Worst player I've seen play for town on a consistently bad basis. I've see a few over the years :-)

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Graham Harbey on 16:34 - Jan 30 with 3036 viewsGeoffSentence

Graham Harbey on 16:31 - Jan 30 by artsbossbeard

Now, he was a proper scapegoat.

Today's lot aren't comparable.

I don't think you can call him a scapegoat as he genuinely was rubbish. At least he was consistent I suppose.

He was so bad I recall that the crowd even had a special chant for him. Whenever he got the ball the chant went up "Connnnncccccceeeeeennnnnnnnnntttttttrrrrrraaaaaaatttttteee. Sigh!"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Graham Harbey on 16:34 - Jan 30 with 3026 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Harbey actually did ok for the first half a season he was here, a few Fisons man of the match performances and some goals before he hit the skids.

There have been a load of worse players to play for us, particularly over this past decade.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Graham Harbey on 16:35 - Jan 30 with 3012 viewsstickymockwell

He was fooking horrendous. There was one player that was worse IMO.
Chris O'Donnell. I've never seen a professional who couldn't ever pass a ball. Not even when a teammate was standing 5 yards away.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Graham Harbey on 16:44 - Jan 30 with 2961 viewsRadlett_blue

Graham Harbey on 16:33 - Jan 30 by mutters

He.
Was.
Woeful.

Worst player I've seen play for town on a consistently bad basis. I've see a few over the years :-)

I thought he was shocking, but that was probably partly a function of coming to terms with the reality at Town during the Duncan years. I couldn't believe we managed to sell him to WBA at a profit!
I seem to recall being amused when he was reported to have missed a penalty for WBA as I thought "what a strange choice of taker" for as far as I could recall, he couldn't hit a barn door when he was here.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Graham Harbey on 16:49 - Jan 30 with 2929 viewspeterleeblue

Graham Harbey on 16:33 - Jan 30 by Johnhoz

I remember him scoring a great goal at Northampton in the league cup, in 1987.
We won 4-2 AET

I was there!! In the days when we actually one the odd cup tie. TWTD!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Graham Harbey on 16:50 - Jan 30 with 2929 viewsGeoffSentence

Graham Harbey on 16:44 - Jan 30 by Radlett_blue

I thought he was shocking, but that was probably partly a function of coming to terms with the reality at Town during the Duncan years. I couldn't believe we managed to sell him to WBA at a profit!
I seem to recall being amused when he was reported to have missed a penalty for WBA as I thought "what a strange choice of taker" for as far as I could recall, he couldn't hit a barn door when he was here.

I reckon that our expectations did come into it, and though he was poor he probably looked even more so compared to the players who had only recently graced Portman Road.

Since his strong point was slicing a hoofed ball into the stands, he probably wouldn't look entirely out of place in today's team.

Graham Harbey on 17:02 - Jan 30 with 2860 viewsCaptainObvious

sold him at a profit though!

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Graham Harbey on 17:22 - Jan 30 with 2795 viewsWeWereZombies

Graham Harbey on 16:34 - Jan 30 by GeoffSentence

I don't think you can call him a scapegoat as he genuinely was rubbish. At least he was consistent I suppose.

He was so bad I recall that the crowd even had a special chant for him. Whenever he got the ball the chant went up "Connnnncccccceeeeeennnnnnnnnntttttttrrrrrraaaaaaatttttteee. Sigh!"

Sad thing is I think he concentrated too much which, combined with his woeful touch, made for a strangely disconnected and overworked style of play - but if you put any of us on a pitch I'm sure we would do far worse - we had come to expect so much more.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Graham Harbey on 17:24 - Jan 30 with 2789 viewschicoazul

Ipswich scapegoats, It's always the left back. Or the guys like Danny Haynes, Dalian Atkinson, Cameron Stewart etc. Poor old Tyrone Mings was both.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Graham Harbey on 17:42 - Jan 30 with 2713 viewsLetchworth_Blue

He was anus....
Graham Harbey on 17:45 - Jan 30 with 2701 viewsWeWereZombies

Graham Harbey on 17:42 - Jan 30 by Letchworth_Blue

He was anus....

Well, that's partly true of us all...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Graham Harbey on 18:06 - Jan 30 with 2661 viewsbluelagos

It was his crossing that was the worst aspect of his game. All the time in the world but rarely got a cross in that was within 20 yards of a team mate.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Graham Harbey on 18:17 - Jan 30 with 2624 viewsIllinoisblue

he was limited both in ability and stature, but absolutely not our worst ever player.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Graham Harbey on 18:29 - Jan 30 with 2599 viewsGeoffSentence

Graham Harbey on 16:49 - Jan 30 by peterleeblue

I was there!! In the days when we actually one the odd cup tie. TWTD!!!

Me too, sat in the marquee at the end of the pitch.

Graham Harbey on 18:53 - Jan 30 with 2528 viewstractorshark

Graham Harbey was shocking over a long period.

We have had worst players but not many of them have lasted the test of time.

As someone has stated, Harbey was consistently crap.
Graham Harbey on 18:56 - Jan 30 with 2517 viewsBlueGoonie

Graham Harbey on 18:17 - Jan 30 by Illinoisblue

he was limited both in ability and stature, but absolutely not our worst ever player.

His most memorable feature for me was his waddle, most unprofessionalfootballerlike

Not the worst though, Mark Fish must come into the reckoning for that prestigious accolade
Graham Harbey on 21:18 - Jan 30 with 2419 views3_5_2

Graham Harbey on 18:06 - Jan 30 by bluelagos

It was his crossing that was the worst aspect of his game. All the time in the world but rarely got a cross in that was within 20 yards of a team mate.

Gus uhlenbeek (spelling) was the worst crosser of a ball I've seen in a town shirt

There was a Forest players whose name escapes me( during Cloughs latter period) played right wing, really really quick, would kill a left back and bang, into the North stand it went. Did it about 10 times in a row and got the hook by Cloughie

It was Franz Carr !

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Graham Harbey on 21:22 - Jan 30 with 2403 viewsthorpedo

He was awesome!

Thorpedo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024