Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... 23:31 - Jan 4 with 5047 viewsblueysbackside

Get in a loan keeper until summer. Wayne Hennessey.
Use £4.5m to invest in summer window not now.
If Mick is going, a waste of funds given that we are unlikely to go up/go down.
I would much rather see a new boss having a kitty - it will also be good bait to attract someone decent.
Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 23:39 - Jan 4 with 5007 viewsStokieBlue

Hardly a kitty is it.

It's not even enough for a good Championship player these days.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 23:43 - Jan 4 with 4997 viewstextbackup

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 23:39 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

Hardly a kitty is it.

SB

WAghorn is a good championship player and he cost about 450k

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 23:49 - Jan 4 with 4977 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans hasn't given a manager who has earned his complete trust significant funds so is he going to hand over £4.5m to a new manager? Not a chance.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 23:52 - Jan 4 with 4967 viewsmos

Hardly a kitty is it.

SB

£1m is plenty for a good championship player.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 09:35 - Jan 5 with 4834 viewsStokieBlue

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 23:52 - Jan 4 by mos

£1m is plenty for a good championship player.

If you say so.

How much is Marriott going for again?

SB

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 09:40 - Jan 5 with 4817 viewsHerbivore

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 09:35 - Jan 5 by StokieBlue

If you say so.

SB

He's not a good Championship player. That's not the only reason he's not a good example, Peterborough are the highway robbers of transfer business, the club interested in him has deep pockets and is clearly overpaying. Waghorn, Garner and Huws are all good Championship players and they all cost us less than £1m in the summer. It's possible to find good players for reasonable money. A number of our best players over the last few years haven't cost us a penny in fees.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 09:43 - Jan 5 with 4802 viewsStokieBlue

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 09:40 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

He's not a good Championship player. That's not the only reason he's not a good example, Peterborough are the highway robbers of transfer business, the club interested in him has deep pockets and is clearly overpaying. Waghorn, Garner and Huws are all good Championship players and they all cost us less than £1m in the summer. It's possible to find good players for reasonable money. A number of our best players over the last few years haven't cost us a penny in fees.

That is fair, although been a few misses on the frees as well wouldn't you say? Also, even though they were some of our best players they haven't been good enough to elevate us to the level we want to be at. The OP seems to think 4.5m might be enough to do that and I don't really agree.

I am just trying to be realistic re the opening post. A 4.5m transfer kitty isn't much in this division anymore. Huws was excellent business but if he had been fit to start in August I think he would have been quite a bit more.

Waghorn and Garner are good but they were cheap because Rangers were in a total state - can't rely on clubs being like that all the time.

Just trying to be realistic here.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 9:44]

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 09:44 - Jan 5 with 4798 viewschicoazul

LOL at anyone thinking the current or next Manager would get 4.5m to spend on fees.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 09:56 - Jan 5 with 4765 viewsHerbivore

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 09:43 - Jan 5 by StokieBlue

That is fair, although been a few misses on the frees as well wouldn't you say? Also, even though they were some of our best players they haven't been good enough to elevate us to the level we want to be at. The OP seems to think 4.5m might be enough to do that and I don't really agree.

I am just trying to be realistic re the opening post. A 4.5m transfer kitty isn't much in this division anymore. Huws was excellent business but if he had been fit to start in August I think he would have been quite a bit more.

Waghorn and Garner are good but they were cheap because Rangers were in a total state - can't rely on clubs being like that all the time.

Just trying to be realistic here.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 9:44]

Huws got injured after we signed him though, so his fee was based on him being fit. It was a good deal because there are good players who, for one reason or another, fall out of favour and become available. It is possible to build a competitive team that way and had it not been for our ridiculous number of injuries this season we may well have been more competitive than we have been. Of course shopping in that pool is harder than being able to spaff £5m on a more proven player but that's our reality and how much you enjoy supporting Town seems to depend on the extent to which you're willing to accept and understand that reality. I realise this is going off on a tangent a bit, but if we did give a new manager £4.5m to spend I'd hope we'd see a few decent players added to a squad that already looks not too shabby when everyone is fit.

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 10:12 - Jan 5 with 4741 viewsStokieBlue

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 09:56 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

Huws got injured after we signed him though, so his fee was based on him being fit. It was a good deal because there are good players who, for one reason or another, fall out of favour and become available. It is possible to build a competitive team that way and had it not been for our ridiculous number of injuries this season we may well have been more competitive than we have been. Of course shopping in that pool is harder than being able to spaff £5m on a more proven player but that's our reality and how much you enjoy supporting Town seems to depend on the extent to which you're willing to accept and understand that reality. I realise this is going off on a tangent a bit, but if we did give a new manager £4.5m to spend I'd hope we'd see a few decent players added to a squad that already looks not too shabby when everyone is fit.

Surely my post is accepting that reality?

I've just said that 4.5m isn't a huge transfer kitty in Championship terms so he shouldn't get his hopes up on an amazing change in circumstances.

I think we pretty much agree on that?

SB

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 10:15 - Jan 5 with 4736 viewsHerbivore

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 10:12 - Jan 5 by StokieBlue

Surely my post is accepting that reality?

I've just said that 4.5m isn't a huge transfer kitty in Championship terms so he shouldn't get his hopes up on an amazing change in circumstances.

I think we pretty much agree on that?

SB

Yes, agree that its not a huge kitty although if it was all given to a new manager to spend on fees it'd be more money than Mick has spent in 5 years so relatively speaking for us it's a decent kitty. We've seen that even small fees for the likes of Garner and Waghorn can make a difference in terms of the quality you can get.

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 10:46 - Jan 5 with 4692 viewsRadlett_blue

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 09:56 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

Huws has made less than 100 appearances in the last 7 years. His spell at Wigan was particularly injury ravaged & that's why he was loaned to Huddersfield, where he was injured again. I reckon that's partly why he hardly played for Cardiff & why Warnock got rid.
Very good player when fit, we clearly took a gamble & we wouldn't have got him for that price if there weren't doubts.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 13:41 - Jan 7 with 4579 viewsmos

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 09:35 - Jan 5 by StokieBlue

If you say so.

SB

Marriott isn’t the only player in the world, there are other players.

Didn’t we sign Waghorn for £500k? He’s certainly ‘decent’.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 23:30 - Jan 7 with 4410 viewsManchesterblue

You started off so well then lost me when you said invest

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 23:37 - Jan 7 with 4398 viewsStokieBlue

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 13:41 - Jan 7 by mos

Marriott isn’t the only player in the world, there are other players.

Didn’t we sign Waghorn for £500k? He’s certainly ‘decent’.

You've missed the entire point.

SB

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 23:47 - Jan 7 with 4390 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hardly a kitty is it.

SB

No it isn't. And £4.5m would most go to offset losses anyway.

Nor can I see Wayne Hennessey wanting to come here or us agreeing to pay the wages he's on after 5 years in the PL.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 23:50]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 07:28 - Jan 8 with 4295 viewshowdonblue

Hardly a kitty is it.

SB

Agree it’s not a kitty at all .

It’s not even a kitten
Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 08:07 - Jan 8 with 4242 viewsblueysbackside

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 07:28 - Jan 8 by howdonblue

Agree it’s not a kitty at all .

It’s not even a kitten

How much do you think Waghorn and Garner are worth?

And how much did we apparently buy them for?

Of course £4.5m is a decent Championship kitty.
Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 08:12 - Jan 8 with 4229 viewsCurrie10

Oh here we go the ££££ investment.

People will say it doesn't go back in when we don't spend roughly the same on transfers, we lose over £5 mill per year! If we put it back in, we'd lose more fail ffP and be on our way to L1.

Mess of a season this - a month ago I was more than happy how we were sitting considering injuries and everything else.

Now our forms collapsed and appears we're selling our best players in sodding January!
Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 11:21 - Jan 8 with 4109 viewsWestSussexBlue

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 09:40 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

Coincidentally though a number of our best players in recent years Adyemi Huws Webster Dids have missed large chunks of games to injury?
Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 11:37 - Jan 8 with 4082 viewsKieran_Knows

Sell Bart, Moore and McG.... on 08:07 - Jan 8 by blueysbackside

How much do you think Waghorn and Garner are worth?

And how much did we apparently buy them for?

Of course £4.5m is a decent Championship kitty.

£4.5m is a decent Championship kitty if you have a decent scouting network/strategy in place. See Huddersfield.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024