Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of interest 11:17 - Feb 8 with 5687 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Everyone has said they want clarity to the McCarthy situation, what would people’s opinions be if it was announced in the next week that he has agreed a 2 year extension??
Out of interest on 11:19 - Feb 8 with 4260 viewsBlueBadger

Something along the lines of this?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Out of interest on 11:20 - Feb 8 with 4240 viewsArcher4721

Shame it wasn't 3 years.
Out of interest on 11:29 - Feb 8 with 4225 viewsITFC_Forever

A flounce-fest to end all flounce-fests I'd imagine.

TWTD will go to the rarely-seen state of having to log-in as a member just to view the board.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Out of interest on 11:29 - Feb 8 with 4234 viewsGuthrum

I wouldn't mind.

Means we're unlikely to be relegated, might stand a chance of the play-offs if things go well and we can avoid injury. Recruitment will be effective.

The football will probably not be pretty and people will grumble constantly. McCarthy's jocular abrasiveness will continue to rile some of the fans.

It won't provide the excitement that many seem to crave, but will not lead to the disaster that others fear.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Out of interest on 11:29 - Feb 8 with 4220 viewstrueblue1970

Mixed feelings really, the split between MM/ME & most supporters isn't great, I do think its time to start afresh with new ideas but it does worry me as he does get the best out of the team picking up bargains and still competing against teams who are spending millions on fees and wages
Out of interest on 11:30 - Feb 8 with 4206 viewsBackToRussia

Out of interest on 11:29 - Feb 8 by Guthrum

I wouldn't mind.

Means we're unlikely to be relegated, might stand a chance of the play-offs if things go well and we can avoid injury. Recruitment will be effective.

The football will probably not be pretty and people will grumble constantly. McCarthy's jocular abrasiveness will continue to rile some of the fans.

It won't provide the excitement that many seem to crave, but will not lead to the disaster that others fear.

God, fancy wanting excitement! Weirdos.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Out of interest on 11:35 - Feb 8 with 4185 viewsGuthrum

Out of interest on 11:30 - Feb 8 by BackToRussia

God, fancy wanting excitement! Weirdos.

That and danger are never far apart. Roy Keane was an exciting appointment.

Being serious, we'd all like a bit of spice, to be challenging for promotion, to have an attractive, flowing style on the pitch, to be winning games with flair. However, I don't think I'm alone in believing we'll need more than just a change of manager to achieve that.

Out of interest on 11:43 - Feb 8 with 4142 viewsGrahamHarbey

I'd accept it - I am completely on the fence regarding MM as with no cash investment, which seems to be MEs model going forward, he is without doubt the best man we can have at the helm and staying in the division and sniffing around the top 6 is the best we can hope for as things stand.

Yes the football is turgid, but do we want to be embroiled in relegation battles playing attractive stuff and with an inexperienced manager?

I don't!
Login to get fewer ads

Out of interest on 11:56 - Feb 8 with 4076 viewsBackToRussia

Out of interest on 11:35 - Feb 8 by Guthrum

That and danger are never far apart. Roy Keane was an exciting appointment.

Being serious, we'd all like a bit of spice, to be challenging for promotion, to have an attractive, flowing style on the pitch, to be winning games with flair. However, I don't think I'm alone in believing we'll need more than just a change of manager to achieve that.

No risk, no?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Out of interest on 11:57 - Feb 8 with 4074 viewsmonty_radio

Out of interest on 11:29 - Feb 8 by ITFC_Forever

A flounce-fest to end all flounce-fests I'd imagine.

TWTD will go to the rarely-seen state of having to log-in as a member just to view the board.

My ignore list would probably increase, just to keep the blood pressure down.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Out of interest on 12:07 - Feb 8 with 4042 viewsSitfcB

The reaction would be tremendous.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Out of interest on 12:14 - Feb 8 with 3997 viewsbluehook

Out of interest on 11:29 - Feb 8 by Guthrum

I wouldn't mind.

Dull, dull, dull Guth. Don’t you crave some form of entertainment?
Out of interest on 12:26 - Feb 8 with 3969 viewsGuthrum

Out of interest on 12:14 - Feb 8 by bluehook

Dull, dull, dull Guth. Don’t you crave some form of entertainment?

See my reply to BtR. I can't see a genuinely available managerial option who will guarantee the excitement people want.

There might be some who will attempt a better style. But do we have the resources and buying-power to make that work? Similar to Jewell, when he tried something more interesting on a budget - it all fell apart badly.

Even McCarthy is not as negative as is often made out. We've played a fair chunk of the season with four forwards on the pitch at once. We hired (or promoted from the Youths) a load of attacking midfielders - but they all got injured. He's still getting wingers in now.

Besides which, if Evans decides to keep McCarthy (as the original question was), the reactions can only be resigned acceptance or futile rage. It's not exciting, but it is acceptably reassuring and might even be successful.

Out of interest on 12:28 - Feb 8 with 3957 viewshype313

I've heard whispers that he will sign for another 3 years.

But I do take whispers with a huge pinch of salt.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Out of interest on 12:29 - Feb 8 with 3955 viewsPJH

Out of interest on 12:26 - Feb 8 by Guthrum

See my reply to BtR. I can't see a genuinely available managerial option who will guarantee the excitement people want.

There might be some who will attempt a better style. But do we have the resources and buying-power to make that work? Similar to Jewell, when he tried something more interesting on a budget - it all fell apart badly.

Even McCarthy is not as negative as is often made out. We've played a fair chunk of the season with four forwards on the pitch at once. We hired (or promoted from the Youths) a load of attacking midfielders - but they all got injured. He's still getting wingers in now.

Besides which, if Evans decides to keep McCarthy (as the original question was), the reactions can only be resigned acceptance or futile rage. It's not exciting, but it is acceptably reassuring and might even be successful.

Agree with all of that except your last paragraph because my reaction would be one of delight.
Out of interest on 12:30 - Feb 8 with 3948 viewschicoazul

My opinion would be mostly indifferent while remembering that he is doing a very good job versus the budget he gets and then I would make a cup of tea, carry on with my day.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Out of interest on 12:35 - Feb 8 with 3923 viewsGuthrum

Out of interest on 12:29 - Feb 8 by PJH

Agree with all of that except your last paragraph because my reaction would be one of delight.

I wouldn't go that far because I know what it is likely to do to the fanbase, increasing fracture lines and bitterness. There's a sizeable group now who would only be happy if McCarthy left.

It also precludes the faint chance that things might work wonderfully with a new man running the decent squad which McCarthy has assembled (there's part of me still hopes for that, however unlikely I think it might be given previous mangerial selections).

Out of interest on 12:42 - Feb 8 with 3887 viewsPJH

Out of interest on 12:35 - Feb 8 by Guthrum

I wouldn't go that far because I know what it is likely to do to the fanbase, increasing fracture lines and bitterness. There's a sizeable group now who would only be happy if McCarthy left.

It also precludes the faint chance that things might work wonderfully with a new man running the decent squad which McCarthy has assembled (there's part of me still hopes for that, however unlikely I think it might be given previous mangerial selections).

Your first paragraph is the only obvious downside that I can see to keeping MM.
From a ST sales point of view it would not seem to be a good idea although I do not think that there would be a huge drop in sales because I imagine most of those that "will not go because of MM" did not renew for this season.
It would be good news..... on 12:51 - Feb 8 with 3860 viewsBloots

....not necessarily the fact that he's staying, but more in that you would then make the assumption that #evansout has made a commitment to support the manager financially.

I can't see any way that MM will put himself through this charade any longer than he needs to otherwise.

If MM leaves then we can all safely assume that the new poor sap will get sod all money too.

#evansout.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Out of interest on 12:51 - Feb 8 with 3852 viewstextbackup

ST not renewed

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It would be good news..... on 12:53 - Feb 8 with 3843 viewsIllinoisblue

It would be good news..... on 12:51 - Feb 8 by Bloots

....not necessarily the fact that he's staying, but more in that you would then make the assumption that #evansout has made a commitment to support the manager financially.

I can't see any way that MM will put himself through this charade any longer than he needs to otherwise.

If MM leaves then we can all safely assume that the new poor sap will get sod all money too.

#evansout.

A dangerous assumption where Evans is concerned

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It would be good news..... on 13:00 - Feb 8 with 3817 viewschicoazul

It would be good news..... on 12:51 - Feb 8 by Bloots

#evansout.

Pretty sure if Mick stays he will be on even more money than he is on now which is a pretty penny btw. I dont imagine he gets much pressure from the owner. Every other week he has to put up with a few dimlows shouting at him for half an hour or so. Being Ipswich manager is in no way a hardship.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Out of interest on 13:19 - Feb 8 with 3778 viewsitfcjoe

I'd be really disappointed, even though I'm not particularly a Mick-Outer, it is clear to anyone that the club has gone stale and is losing fans and there is a breakdown between McCarthy and the fan base that is irreparable.

The easiest thing to do is to change the manager, for better or worse and if it doesn't happen before next season then you have to seriously question Evans' decision making. Fairly clear Mick doesn't want to be here next year anyway so it doesn't really matter

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 13:29 - Feb 8 with 3728 views_

Out of interest on 13:19 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

I'd be really disappointed, even though I'm not particularly a Mick-Outer, it is clear to anyone that the club has gone stale and is losing fans and there is a breakdown between McCarthy and the fan base that is irreparable.

The easiest thing to do is to change the manager, for better or worse and if it doesn't happen before next season then you have to seriously question Evans' decision making. Fairly clear Mick doesn't want to be here next year anyway so it doesn't really matter

Out of interest on 13:38 - Feb 8 with 3681 viewsCurrie10

Quite pleased.

He's done a good job this season - not his fault the injuries.

More luck with injuries / 3 or 4 others in - we'd certainly improve upon this seasons results again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024