Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road 18:02 - Feb 20 with 11614 viewscarlisleaway

Life under McCarthy
2012/13 Saves club from relegation and finishes in 14th
2013/14 Finishes in 9th place
2014/15 Finishes in 6th place for a play off position
2015/16 Finishes in 7th place, 4 points off a play off position
2016/17 Finishes in 16th, lowest place since 1958/59
2017/18 Looking like a mid table position

But what else apart from a close encounter with Norwich in the play off semi final has he achieved.
Number of cup runs.... not able or wanted to progress past the 3rd round of the FA Cup and dismal displays in the League Cup.
Loss of 3-4,000 season ticket holders after watching dismal, negative football.
As supporters of Ipswich Town we are hunger for a cup run or play off position.
Marcus Evans is not blameless since his take over of the club.
What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:03 - Feb 20 with 5029 viewsSpruceMoose

Your last line is the most pertinent one, and one which many people are not willing to interrogate.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:08 - Feb 20 with 5020 viewsSomethingBlue

The "lowest place since 1958/59" stat is of course true, inescapably, but gets wheeled out so disingenuously to suit certain arguments — because things are, for many reasons, stacked against us more than at any time since then.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:12 - Feb 20 with 5010 viewsBlueBadger

Revitalised the youth team, reinstalled some team spirit into players, left us with a solid core of honest professionals rather than clapped out mercenaries and loans and upset some delicate flowers.

The actual football has been pretty hit-and-miss, mind but structurally he's left us in a better place than where we were in 2012.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 18:20]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:14 - Feb 20 with 4997 viewscarlisleaway

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:12 - Feb 20 by BlueBadger

Revitalised the youth team, reinstalled some team spirit into players, left us with a solid core of honest professionals rather than clapped out mercenaries and loans and upset some delicate flowers.

The actual football has been pretty hit-and-miss, mind but structurally he's left us in a better place than where we were in 2012.

Blue Badger you are obviously very easily pleased and can put up with the McCartney style of football.
What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:17 - Feb 20 with 4978 viewssouthnorfolkblue

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:14 - Feb 20 by carlisleaway

Blue Badger you are obviously very easily pleased and can put up with the McCartney style of football.

To be fair to him where has he stated that he is pleased with what is going on? What on his list is inaccurate?

Poll: Our final position

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:17 - Feb 20 with 4974 viewsSpruceMoose

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:12 - Feb 20 by BlueBadger

He also tricked people into buying him a Christmas hamper that one time too.

#EvilMick

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:19 - Feb 20 with 4964 viewsBlueBadger

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:14 - Feb 20 by carlisleaway

The style thing? Let It Be. Surely We All Stand Together on the fact that the youth team is better and surely we'd rather have a team that's Come Together rather than a squabbling rabble that only wants to Live and Let Die.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:20 - Feb 20 with 4963 viewsTrequartista

McCartney style - booting it around the mud in no man's land to the strains of Pipes of Peace?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:20 - Feb 20 with 4946 viewsBlueBadger

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:17 - Feb 20 by SpruceMoose

He also tricked people into buying him a Christmas hamper that one time too.

#EvilMick

I never donated in the end, joke's on him, here.

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:22 - Feb 20 with 4938 viewsSpruceMoose

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:20 - Feb 20 by BlueBadger

I never donated in the end, joke's on him, here.

Nor did I. I wonder if there is a correlation between hamper donating and wanting Mick out. They never forgave him for letting his truckle of Cathedral City go mouldy.

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:23 - Feb 20 with 4936 viewschicoazul

Always knew John was a wrong un

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:23 - Feb 20 with 4930 viewsSpruceMoose

You sir, have no soul or understanding of the beauty of British football if hearing the cry of "Punt It!" on a wind swept, waterlogged football pitch does not give you butterflies.

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:26 - Feb 20 with 4914 viewsGlasgowBlue

The aqueduct?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:39 - Feb 20 with 4885 viewstextbackup

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:08 - Feb 20 by SomethingBlue

The "lowest place since 1958/59" stat is of course true, inescapably, but gets wheeled out so disingenuously to suit certain arguments — because things are, for many reasons, stacked against us more than at any time since then.

Oh dear

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:43 - Feb 20 with 4867 viewsSomethingBlue

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:39 - Feb 20 by textbackup

Oh dear

Speak to me about how things were set up back in the 50s then. It's not an excuse, it's a factor. Let me make it easier for you with a little wild extrapolation: if Town were up against 91 clubs owned by multi-billionaires and finished bottom of the Football League, would there be some mitigation?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 19:11 - Feb 20 with 4797 viewsPJH

McCartney?

Wasn't he a Beatle?

edit-should have read the rest of the thread.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 19:13]
What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 19:13 - Feb 20 with 4791 viewsDyland

Personally I think McCartney is very underrated compared to Lennon. Mick's the better musician.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 19:39 - Feb 20 with 4702 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Season 1 - Saves the club from definite relegation. Heroic overachievement.

Season 2 - Top Half finish after fighting for the playoffs for a while. Overachievement.

Season 3 - Playoffs. Heroic overachievement.

Season 4 - 7th. Massive overachievement.

Season 5 - 18th - Very poor season. But technically that’s bang on where we should be for the budget. Average.

Season 6 - Top Half atm which is yet another overachievement.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 19:43 - Feb 20 with 4688 viewsSuperTommySmith

Life before Mick
2007/2008 - Finished 7th, League Cup 1st round, FA cup 3rd Round
2008/2009 - Finished 9th, League cup third round, FA Cup Fourth round, Magilton Sacked
2009/2010 - Finishes 15th, League cup 2nd round, FA cup fourth round
2010/2011 - Finishes 13th, League cup semi final, FA cup third round - Keane Sacked/Jewell in
2011/2012 - Finishes 15th, out in league cup 1st round and FA cup third round

Life under McCarthy

I find the emphasis people put on the 16th finish under Mick a bit over the top considering we previously finished regularly around 15th/13th before Mick.
The 4 points off a playoff position is a bit hmm as well in my opinion we were out of the playoff race for ages, that season felt pretty bad too.
What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 19:45 - Feb 20 with 4673 viewsLeoMuff

Considering we are funded to just above the relegation zone, what would you say a realistic achievement is ?

Play offs is surely the very top end, I would say too 10 is pretty decent.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 19:56 - Feb 20 with 4632 viewsGlasgowBlue

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:20 - Feb 20 by Trequartista

McCartney style - booting it around the mud in no man's land to the strains of Pipes of Peace?

I thought when Mick joined he gave us Hope Of Deliverance.

Iron Lion Zion

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 19:57 - Feb 20 with 4634 viewsDyland

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 19:43 - Feb 20 by SuperTommySmith

Life before Mick
2007/2008 - Finished 7th, League Cup 1st round, FA cup 3rd Round
2008/2009 - Finished 9th, League cup third round, FA Cup Fourth round, Magilton Sacked
2009/2010 - Finishes 15th, League cup 2nd round, FA cup fourth round
2010/2011 - Finishes 13th, League cup semi final, FA cup third round - Keane Sacked/Jewell in
2011/2012 - Finishes 15th, out in league cup 1st round and FA cup third round

Life under McCarthy

I find the emphasis people put on the 16th finish under Mick a bit over the top considering we previously finished regularly around 15th/13th before Mick.
The 4 points off a playoff position is a bit hmm as well in my opinion we were out of the playoff race for ages, that season felt pretty bad too.

"I find the emphasis people put on the 16th finish under Mick a bit over the top considering we previously finished regularly around 15th/13th before Mick."

Indeed.

They have an anti-Mick agenda. They think a lot about what a dinosaur he is and how he's slighted them, possibly far too much than is healthy.

It's fooking tedious.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 20:06 - Feb 20 with 4614 viewsTrequartista

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 19:56 - Feb 20 by GlasgowBlue

I thought when Mick joined he gave us Hope Of Deliverance.

There was a strong period after releasing Jet I have to admit.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 20:09 - Feb 20 with 4596 viewsBluefish

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 18:08 - Feb 20 by SomethingBlue

1 place lower than joe royle managed?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 20:10 - Feb 20 with 4595 viewsGlasgowBlue

What actually has McCarthy achieved in his 5-6 years at Portman Road on 20:06 - Feb 20 by Trequartista

There was a strong period after releasing Jet I have to admit.

I've Got a Feeling that we'll Get Back to where we once belonged.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024