Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup bets 20:42 - Jun 13 with 10347 viewstractordownsouth

Not a betting man myself, but I'm interested to see if anyone else has done any slightly unusual ones.

I would recommend lumping on the following:

Croatia to win Group D
Morocco to get to the last 16
Russia to get to the last 16

Probably get some half decent odds on a couple of those.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

World Cup bets on 20:44 - Jun 13 with 5180 viewsSuperblue95

I've a few bets on but it was difficult to get decent odds on anything that looked likely to happen

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

World Cup bets on 20:48 - Jun 13 with 5172 viewsbrazil1982

Hazard top scorer, I've a feeling Belguim are going to tonk Panama.
World Cup bets on 20:59 - Jun 13 with 5155 viewsDBaldy

I'm a keen spread-bettor (mainly on the NFL) but I've made the following bets:

- Russia to go no further than the last 16
- Serbia to not qualify from their group
- South Korea to finish bottom of their group
- England to not get past the QF
- Japan to finish bottom of their group

Also thinking about Uruguay to win group A, but if that goes wrong then I'm probably losing my Russia bet too so I'm wary of doubling up.
World Cup bets on 21:01 - Jun 13 with 5144 viewswkj

World Cup bets on 20:59 - Jun 13 by DBaldy

I'm a keen spread-bettor (mainly on the NFL) but I've made the following bets:

- Russia to go no further than the last 16
- Serbia to not qualify from their group
- South Korea to finish bottom of their group
- England to not get past the QF
- Japan to finish bottom of their group

Also thinking about Uruguay to win group A, but if that goes wrong then I'm probably losing my Russia bet too so I'm wary of doubling up.

What were the odds on England to not get past the QF? I would have thought our cynical nature would have bottomed the value out of that book.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

World Cup bets on 21:01 - Jun 13 with 5146 viewsJohnny_Boy

Just the one for me.

Salah for Golden Boot. 40/1

I do think the very poor Saudi team have it in them to upset an even poorer Russia side on the opening day. Putin will Shiitt himself with rage.
World Cup bets on 21:03 - Jun 13 with 5137 viewswkj

World Cup bets on 21:01 - Jun 13 by Johnny_Boy

Just the one for me.

I do think the very poor Saudi team have it in them to upset an even poorer Russia side on the opening day. Putin will Shiitt himself with rage.

I can see it now, Mysterious case of 31 world cup teams trapped inside their hotels.

Crybaby

World Cup bets on 21:07 - Jun 13 with 5125 viewsDBaldy

World Cup bets on 21:01 - Jun 13 by wkj

What were the odds on England to not get past the QF? I would have thought our cynical nature would have bottomed the value out of that book.

That was on a points allocation scale, with 100 for the winner, 75 for runner-up, 50 for reaching the semi's, 25 for the QF, 10 for the 2nd round and 0 for all others.

England's price to "sell" was 26 so if they lose in the QF it's only a 1 point profit, but if they fail to get out of the group (possible?) that's a 26 point profit.

Of course, if we somehow go on to win the thing then I'm up that creek without much of a paddle...

England's price is always massively inflated thanks to the betting amateurs who always chuck a load of money at things like the world cup with the ENG-GER-LUND mentality. I've bet against us and won a decent chunk on the last 3 major championships, as it was pretty obvious we weren't going to win them. Same here IMO.
World Cup bets on 21:10 - Jun 13 with 5113 viewsITFC_Forever

I’m going to bet on every game.

My Will Hill app was down to £0 at the end of the regular season, so I have put £20 in, with the view of betting 30p on every game, just as an experiment to see what he balance is at the end of he tournament.

Started off easy... Russia to win tomorrow.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

World Cup bets on 21:11 - Jun 13 with 5109 viewswkj

World Cup bets on 21:10 - Jun 13 by ITFC_Forever

My Will Hill app was down to £0 at the end of the regular season, so I have put £20 in, with the view of betting 30p on every game, just as an experiment to see what he balance is at the end of he tournament.

I am always sceptical of easy games in the WC - Japan and Senegal spring to mind
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 21:11]

Crybaby

World Cup bets on 21:29 - Jun 13 with 5071 viewsSitfcB

World Cup bets on 21:10 - Jun 13 by ITFC_Forever

Have you done the WH offer?

Bet £10 on a winner for the tournament and every time they win get a free £5 bet.
Bet £10 on a top goalscorer for the tournament and get a free £5 bet every time they score.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

World Cup bets on 21:42 - Jun 13 with 5051 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s a big betting event for me. This and Royal Ascot next week are two of the big betting events of the year for moi.

I’m well in on Poland winning that group.

Fancy Russia and Saudis to go under 2.5 goals tomorrow.

Done £20 on Brazil @ 9/2 and a tenner on Griezmann @ 9/1.

The WH offer is a good one as mentioned above by Sitters.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

World Cup bets on 21:46 - Jun 13 with 5041 viewsSitfcB

World Cup bets on 21:42 - Jun 13 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s a big betting event for me. This and Royal Ascot next week are two of the big betting events of the year for moi.

Just done my £10 on Brazil @ 5/1

Stuck on top goalscorer.... Jesus tempting @ 16/1

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

World Cup bets on 21:47 - Jun 13 with 5040 viewswkj

World Cup bets on 21:46 - Jun 13 by SitfcB

Just done my £10 on Brazil @ 5/1

Stuck on top goalscorer.... Jesus tempting @ 16/1

Jesus make the deallll

[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 21:48]

Crybaby

World Cup bets on 21:52 - Jun 13 with 5027 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm sticking to matched betting but my tips if anyone cares:

All group bets 1 pt level stakes

Portugal to win the group - 9/4 - As good as Spain are, their situation must have an impact on them. Portugal vs Spain is their first game and Portugal can take advantage of the situation. Even if they draw, Spain will keep possession and might not score as many goals as Portugal against the other sides. Worth a small bet.

Denmark to win the group - 63/13 - France have a great team but by all accounts they despise the manager. Denmark have some decent quality and can top the group if they surprise France.

Brazil to win the group - 4/11 - I just don't rate Switzerland and think Brazil will walk the group

England to win the group - 13/8 - I think Belgium are overrated. Plenty of great players but as a team they are overhyped IMO. England are decent. I consider it a coin toss and decent odds.

Poland to win the group - 11/5 - I think they're a decent side. I love Colombia but Poland are capable of beating them and putting several past the other teams. Decent odds.

2 pts Neymar golden boot - 10/1 - Brazil's main man. I expect Brazil to go far and score plenty of goals. I really fancy this.

0.25 points Russia to finish bottom of their group - 11/1 - Worth a punt. Don't rate them at all.

Might be worth small bets on the likes of Vardy, Rashford, Sterling to be England top scorer. If people think we're going out early then we won't score too many goals and a couple of goals could see a dead heat payout. Rashford and Vardy are 14/1

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

World Cup bets on 21:57 - Jun 13 with 5015 viewsJ2BLUE

World Cup bets on 21:01 - Jun 13 by Johnny_Boy

Just the one for me.

Can't tell you how bad a bet I think this is. You're not betting with your head at that price.

40/1 is shocking.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

World Cup bets on 22:01 - Jun 13 with 5003 viewsITFC_Forever

World Cup bets on 21:29 - Jun 13 by SitfcB

Have you done the WH offer?

Bet £10 on a winner for the tournament and every time they win get a free £5 bet.
Bet £10 on a top goalscorer for the tournament and get a free £5 bet every time they score.

Not yet....

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

World Cup bets on 22:26 - Jun 13 with 4966 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

World Cup bets on 21:52 - Jun 13 by J2BLUE

Portugal to win the group - 9/4 - As good as Spain are, their situation must have an impact on them. Portugal vs Spain is their first game and Portugal can take advantage of the situation. Even if they draw, Spain will keep possession and might not score as many goals as Portugal against the other sides. Worth a small bet.

Denmark to win the group - 63/13 - France have a great team but by all accounts they despise the manager. Denmark have some decent quality and can top the group if they surprise France.

Brazil to win the group - 4/11 - I just don't rate Switzerland and think Brazil will walk the group

England to win the group - 13/8 - I think Belgium are overrated. Plenty of great players but as a team they are overhyped IMO. England are decent. I consider it a coin toss and decent odds.

Poland to win the group - 11/5 - I think they're a decent side. I love Colombia but Poland are capable of beating them and putting several past the other teams. Decent odds.

2 pts Neymar golden boot - 10/1 - Brazil's main man. I expect Brazil to go far and score plenty of goals. I really fancy this.

0.25 points Russia to finish bottom of their group - 11/1 - Worth a punt. Don't rate them at all.

Might be worth small bets on the likes of Vardy, Rashford, Sterling to be England top scorer. If people think we're going out early then we won't score too many goals and a couple of goals could see a dead heat payout. Rashford and Vardy are 14/1

Poland to win that group is the bet of the entire tournament J2

9/1 to win all three games is a cracking price too

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

World Cup bets on 22:38 - Jun 13 with 4943 viewsstrikalite

Werner golden boot £10@14/1

Germany v France final 14/1 £10

That's it for now..
World Cup bets on 22:49 - Jun 13 with 4917 viewsBorisOrTrevor

World Cup bets on 21:42 - Jun 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Griezmann to be tournament top scorer, 12-1. On each way so 1/4 odds first 4. Uruguay each way for tournament at 28's along with Spain at 6's. But with the shenanigans with the Manager not looking so bright for Spain now.

BOT

World Cup bets on 22:50 - Jun 13 with 4915 viewswkj

World Cup bets on 22:49 - Jun 13 by BorisOrTrevor

Griezmann to be tournament top scorer, 12-1. On each way so 1/4 odds first 4. Uruguay each way for tournament at 28's along with Spain at 6's. But with the shenanigans with the Manager not looking so bright for Spain now.

Griezman at 12-1 for the boot is quite tasty to me

Crybaby

World Cup bets on 01:48 - Jun 14 with 4835 viewsLuk38644

I've got a 20 fold accumulator on the more 'predictable' of matches such as Spain/Iran and it returns £460 from £1, but obviously they won't all happen.

My more outlandish one is I've straight forecasted 1st and 2nd from every group into one bet. If they all happen, i'd get £5600 off of a £1 stake. I'd retrire from betting there and then if that happened.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 2:01]
World Cup bets on 06:05 - Jun 14 with 4800 viewsJohnny_Boy

World Cup bets on 21:57 - Jun 13 by J2BLUE

Can't tell you how bad a bet I think this is. You're not betting with your head at that price.

40/1 is shocking.

Oh we'll see about that.
World Cup bets on 08:59 - Jun 14 with 4733 viewsJohnny_Boy

World Cup bets on 21:52 - Jun 13 by J2BLUE

I (personally) think Poland will struggle. All hinges if Lewandowski performs well, or not.

I can see Colombia & Senegal going through that Group.
World Cup bets on 08:59 - Jun 14 with 4731 viewsTIB

I'm spread betting on Winner + Golden Boot..

France + Griezmann
France + Suarez or Cavani
Brazil + Griezmann
Brazil + Jesus
England + Griezmann

Few others to add but odds ranging from 30/1 upto around 150/1. France and Uruguay have groups where the likes of Griezmann, Suarez and Cavani who got big hauls.

Now deciding on some 8 folds involving winners and qualifiers from each group.

Good luck to all

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

World Cup bets on 09:29 - Jun 14 with 4700 viewsDennyx4

I have done 6 folds on group winners (picked one from each group).

Uruguay, Portugal, Denmark, Croatia, Brazil, Germany, England & Poland

Gone with four of the 2nd fav's - but if 6 come in will pretty much double the outlay.

I haven't done Spain, France, Argentina or Belgium - so am hoping at least two of those mess up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024