Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The better team won 21:40 - Jul 11 with 3192 viewsnoggin

It’s that simple

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The better team won on 21:41 - Jul 11 with 2828 viewsMeadowlark

Agreed.
The better team won on 21:41 - Jul 11 with 2828 viewsjas0999

Completely agree. We just weren’t good enough.

Superb effort, but they deserved the win sadly.
The better team won on 21:44 - Jul 11 with 2812 viewsTractorWood

Agree. Modric was sickeningly good at times.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The better team won on 21:45 - Jul 11 with 2801 viewsGlasgowBlue

The more experienced team won.

Our team will be real contenders for the next Euros and WC 2022.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The better team won on 21:45 - Jul 11 with 2802 viewsblueconscience

The better team won on 21:44 - Jul 11 by TractorWood

Agree. Modric was sickeningly good at times.

Really?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

The better team won on 21:47 - Jul 11 with 2776 viewsTractorWood

The better team won on 21:45 - Jul 11 by blueconscience

Really?

Just runs the game, completely. We didn't get a kick for the majority of the 2nd half.

The better team won on 21:48 - Jul 11 with 2764 viewschristiand

Completely agree. From half time onwards Croatia were the better side, kept possession better and looked more threatening. Just thought too many of our so called ‘big’ players didn’t show - Kane, Lingard and Alli (again!!). Can’t help feeling disappointed, thought we went out with a whimper tonight unlike in 1990.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The better team won on 21:48 - Jul 11 with 2755 viewsMullet

The better team won on 21:47 - Jul 11 by TractorWood

Just runs the game, completely. We didn't get a kick for the majority of the 2nd half.

Exactly, and you can't give Mandzukic a sniff. Was talking about that this morning.

He's so good at snatching a goal from anywhere and on the spin.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

The better team won on 21:49 - Jul 11 with 2742 viewsblueconscience

The better team won on 21:47 - Jul 11 by TractorWood

He did what he did well, but he didnt run the show.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

The better team won on 21:50 - Jul 11 with 2736 viewschristiand

The better team won on 21:48 - Jul 11 by Mullet

Exactly, and you can't give Mandzukic a sniff. Was talking about that this morning.

He's so good at snatching a goal from anywhere and on the spin.

Poor defending though. The defender was caught ball watching.

The better team won on 21:50 - Jul 11 with 2726 viewsm14_blue

Yep, we dominated the first half but were second best after that. The second goal was unbelievably soft too.

They've done so well but what an opportunity missed.
The better team won on 21:51 - Jul 11 with 2715 viewsSwansea_Blue

Game of two halves innit.

Could have/should have put it to bed in the first half.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The better team won on 21:51 - Jul 11 with 2709 viewscrunchie1978

Yeah true....they seemed to want it more to...i give them a good chance on Sunday...fair play and good luck to them.
The better team won on 21:52 - Jul 11 with 2708 viewsTractorWood

The better team won on 21:49 - Jul 11 by blueconscience

He did what he did well, but he didnt run the show.

He did everything but we allowed them to grow into the game and dictate the game. We failed to get a couple up or really ask them enough questions.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 21:53]

The better team won on 21:52 - Jul 11 with 2701 viewsjaykay

the sicking thing what will happen is Modric might go missing in the final,like some of the belgium stars did, against france

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The better team won on 21:56 - Jul 11 with 2654 viewslowhouseblue

The better team won on 21:48 - Jul 11 by christiand

Completely agree. From half time onwards Croatia were the better side, kept possession better and looked more threatening. Just thought too many of our so called ‘big’ players didn’t show - Kane, Lingard and Alli (again!!). Can’t help feeling disappointed, thought we went out with a whimper tonight unlike in 1990.

so what changed at half time? i admit that, while i have watched an excessive amount of football, tactical niceties sometimes pass me by. so what did croatia change at half time and why did southgate not respond? the difference in space out wide was very clear.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The better team won on 22:01 - Jul 11 with 2609 viewsMullet

The better team won on 21:56 - Jul 11 by lowhouseblue

so what changed at half time? i admit that, while i have watched an excessive amount of football, tactical niceties sometimes pass me by. so what did croatia change at half time and why did southgate not respond? the difference in space out wide was very clear.

Their strength out wide got us as feared. We narrowed and lost our shape and Modric was taking the ball off people at either end and using it well.

Hence why they exploited our wingbacks for both goals and pulled us out of line in the middle.

The better team won on 22:04 - Jul 11 with 2577 viewslowhouseblue

The better team won on 22:01 - Jul 11 by Mullet

Their strength out wide got us as feared. We narrowed and lost our shape and Modric was taking the ball off people at either end and using it well.

Hence why they exploited our wingbacks for both goals and pulled us out of line in the middle.

for me, after the croatia quarter final, the impressive thing for us in the first half was that modric was invisible. but then he got free.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The better team won on 22:07 - Jul 11 with 2559 viewsjontysnut

The better team won on 21:45 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

The more experienced team won.

Our team will be real contenders for the next Euros and WC 2022.

I hope so but like Billy Bragg I'm waiting for the Great Leap Forward. There are lots of positives
- a progressive manager, belief, tight squad, the emergence of some world class players, connection with the fans and country but ultimately we didn't have the nous and ability to get past Croatia
The better team won on 22:08 - Jul 11 with 2556 viewschristiand

The better team won on 21:56 - Jul 11 by lowhouseblue

I’m no tactical genius either, wish I was!!! Perhaps giving Croatia a bit of credit where they made some subtle changes. Switching the two wingers especially worked well as it forced Young and Trippier back which dented our attacking threat. Modric started to impose himself and England just stopped passing the ball out and playing through the midfield, the aimless balls forward were pointless nothing was sticking and we were inviting pressure and giving the ball up cheaply. The England boys could’ve started thinking about being in the final all too soon. They just lost all the initiative after their impressive first half display.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2018 6:34]

The better team won on 22:08 - Jul 11 with 2555 viewsMullet

The better team won on 22:04 - Jul 11 by lowhouseblue

for me, after the croatia quarter final, the impressive thing for us in the first half was that modric was invisible. but then he got free.

That's experience at all kinds of top level comparatively. Game management was the key difference they did build their chances to be fair. We seemed to find ourselves surprised by our own runs forward too often.

The better team won on 22:15 - Jul 11 with 2504 viewsKeaneish

The better team won on 22:08 - Jul 11 by Mullet

That's experience at all kinds of top level comparatively. Game management was the key difference they did build their chances to be fair. We seemed to find ourselves surprised by our own runs forward too often.

Yeah totally. First half ours, second half theirs. Clinging on at times. Started brightly but resorted to too many breaks and balls in channels. Their midfield is class. Too much big game experience. Was happy with quaters at the start of the tournament. Crushing exit. Silver lining is I backed Croatia at the start so I'm on for £410. Scant consolation tonight...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The better team won on 22:19 - Jul 11 with 2480 viewsgordon

Croatia pressed our centre halfs much more in the second half, and we struggled to play through them because normally only Henderson was available in midfield. Needed Lingard / Alli to be much deeper to help, or Delph on early in second half.
The better team won on 22:26 - Jul 11 with 2455 viewsOhiotractorboy

Sorry you guys didn't advance, but it was a damn fine run England put on. Future looks bright for you guys though
The better team won on 22:47 - Jul 11 with 2403 viewsgosblue

Agree Croatia were better. They’d done their homework and stopped us passing it out from the back so Pickford had to go long. It worked really well for us first half but it became more hoofball after that. We needed to go 4-4-1-1 second half. Henderson was a bit isolated so Modric looked a different class as part of a 3 in midfield. Vrsaljko and (was it) Rebic had acres of space down the flanks. You’ve got to admire Southgate for sticking to the game plan but if it’s not working you sometimes have to adapt. Well done England you’ve done us proud. We need to do Belgium on Saturday 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024