Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am furious with the waggy situation....... 11:56 - Jul 22 with 3957 viewsMancBlue86

Its going to happen though. If it wasnt then he himself woud have come out and said it, Im resigned to losing him now. Lets say he goes for the minimum (prob £7.5M upfront) that takes us to £12M received (waggy, webster, Knight) Surely we will have atleast £9M of that to spend - tye £700k for edwards. With our squad as it stands (with waggy) we aint got a chance of even play offs but if invested correctly then we could have a chance, I get why we would sell him. He is not worth the money we will get because its been one season, if he does it again then yes. I expect if he is sold then we will sign 4 players in next week or so and I trust that Hurst is the best man to spend that money wisely. We will get value for money as he knows the league one players. This could be a blessing. Long and short of it is, we wont have a chance if we dont sell cos we need reinforcements. 16 goals is a replaceable amount

Poll: Who should be in goal tommorow?

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 11:58 - Jul 22 with 3101 viewsJ2BLUE

So you're furious but if we don't sell we had no chance anyway?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:04 - Jul 22 with 3043 viewsMancBlue86

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 11:58 - Jul 22 by J2BLUE

Yes lol I can still be furious and think that. I would rather not sell him but to compete we probably have to, I could be wrong, its just an opinion.

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:11 - Jul 22 with 2992 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Realistically he will go for something like £4m up front (straight into ME pocket) and another £2m in installments (to fund our wage bill).
I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:16 - Jul 22 with 2932 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

My worries are the goals we have lost from last yrs team if he goes
3 of the front 4
I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:17 - Jul 22 with 2920 viewsMancBlue86

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:11 - Jul 22 by FrowsyArmLarry

Realistically he will go for something like £4m up front (straight into ME pocket) and another £2m in installments (to fund our wage bill).

We already turned down a £5M bid mate so no matter how negative you want to be about it, thats not going to happen. We will have the money to spend. Evans will look a fool after that interview if he doesnt so I firmly believe he will allow us 75% of it and it will all be spent buyin. We already have the money for wages separate to any fees - webster, hyam, mcgoldrick, celina and so on...
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 12:21]

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:20 - Jul 22 with 2895 viewsMancBlue86

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:16 - Jul 22 by BtreeBlueBlood

My worries are the goals we have lost from last yrs team if he goes
3 of the front 4

Yea I get that but the goals are certainly replaceable, if he had scored 30 goals then its a diff story. But his replacement needs to get 1 in 3 yo be on par, its far from impossible. As for assists hopefully we have sorted that side of things with edwards/roberts

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:22 - Jul 22 with 2870 viewsWickets

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:04 - Jul 22 by MancBlue86

Yes lol I can still be furious and think that. I would rather not sell him but to compete we probably have to, I could be wrong, its just an opinion.

I sort of agree with you and as Sheffield seem to think he wants to go to them, if that is so it will happen.
I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:22 - Jul 22 with 2869 viewsJ2BLUE

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:04 - Jul 22 by MancBlue86

Fair enough. I think he'll go but will Hurst get the funds? If we really are suddenly going to hand the proceeds to the manager I don't understand why we didn't back MM.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:27 - Jul 22 with 2835 viewsMancBlue86

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:22 - Jul 22 by J2BLUE

Fair enough. I think he'll go but will Hurst get the funds? If we really are suddenly going to hand the proceeds to the manager I don't understand why we didn't back MM.

I dont think the MM thing has anything to do with not funding him if he was here and we sold waggy. It was purely down to relationship breakdown with fans

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:32 - Jul 22 with 2793 viewsPilgrimblue

Probably will but maybe it's just a short term loss for long term gain. Waggy was an incredible buy as he wasn't doing that well at Rangers. But banking say £5m for a player that has peaked and replacing him with say a 25 year old could be good business.
From our point of view it's not good as he's certainly made himself very popular after great season (just like Murphy!).
I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:32 - Jul 22 with 2787 viewsJimmyJazz

I tend to agree that Waggy may not replicate the form of last year again, in terms of goals and assists. My other thought is his contract, he's seen Bart get a bumper deal. Wouldn't he also think he deserves similar?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:33 - Jul 22 with 2777 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:17 - Jul 22 by MancBlue86

We already turned down a £5M bid mate so no matter how negative you want to be about it, thats not going to happen. We will have the money to spend. Evans will look a fool after that interview if he doesnt so I firmly believe he will allow us 75% of it and it will all be spent buyin. We already have the money for wages separate to any fees - webster, hyam, mcgoldrick, celina and so on...

I don't buy it. IMO ME is trying to make us financially viable. Could be wrong though
I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:34 - Jul 22 with 2763 viewschicoazul

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:17 - Jul 22 by MancBlue86

We will have the money to spend

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:40 - Jul 22 with 2737 viewsmos

Good post, I agree that we only have a slim chance at the play offs with keeping Waghorn, however selling him for circa £9m would give us a bigger chance if we were to invest most of that money into players.

However we have to assume that PH would go ahead and actually get the players, and the right ones most importantly. There’s no good spending all that money on several established players who demand high wages but are infact no good, it would be back to the Dark Lord (Keane) days, which as we know were disastrous.

If we sold Waghorn, invested most of that money into new, upcoming and hungry players then we stand a better chance ar the league. However this is all ifs and buts, I’ve dreamt up a dream scenario here, you have to ask yourself whether we’d actually sign players, and whether they’d be any good. And looking back to when we have sold players (Murphy - my main example) we haven’t seemed to reinvest that money well enough.

So I guess we leave it to PH now, it’s great that we can talk on TWTD suggesting ideas and whatabouts, but at the end of the day it’s up to the manager, so let’s see what happens!

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:42 - Jul 22 with 2719 viewschicoazul

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:33 - Jul 22 by FrowsyArmLarry

I don't buy it. IMO ME is trying to make us financially viable. Could be wrong though

Well he definitely wants the club to be self-sustaining income wise and to not have to prop it up anymore.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:43 - Jul 22 with 2712 viewsCurrie10

When will people realise pretty much every single transfer payments are staggered over a year or two.

Take Ronaldo to Juventus - that won't be all upfront.
I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:51 - Jul 22 with 2671 viewssundaze

We can't keep bringing up the MM pro's and con's. His time has gone, now we have a new man with new idea's, let's move on for once and for all.
I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:53 - Jul 22 with 2652 viewsWD19

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 11:58 - Jul 22 by J2BLUE

Nice use of an entirely fictional up front ‘minimum’ to give future flouceroom too. 7/10.
I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:55 - Jul 22 with 2642 viewsmonty_radio

PH is making the right noises concerning our own, very good player. He obviously wishes that there were more with that sort of quality and passion. Nevertheless, he is clearly also very keen on his system, with the one upfront. and the number 10 just behind. He also said earlier on that he was not yet sure what sort of role suits Waggy best.

It's just possible that, while any manager would like to hang on to that sort of quality, PH is already weighing up how the money, or any significant portion of it, could be used to facilitate his system more effectively.

In any event, the downside of all that would be time. There's little time left since it seems that, in spite of foreknowledge that the window would close earlier, many managers and clubs haven't really factored it in this time around.

I wonder if the possibility of loan with intention to purchase in January will prove to be widely used in the coming days.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 13:17 - Jul 22 with 2549 viewsMancBlue86

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:32 - Jul 22 by Pilgrimblue

Probably will but maybe it's just a short term loss for long term gain. Waggy was an incredible buy as he wasn't doing that well at Rangers. But banking say £5m for a player that has peaked and replacing him with say a 25 year old could be good business.
From our point of view it's not good as he's certainly made himself very popular after great season (just like Murphy!).

Exactly, you get what I mean

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 13:20 - Jul 22 with 2540 viewsMancBlue86

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:32 - Jul 22 by JimmyJazz

I tend to agree that Waggy may not replicate the form of last year again, in terms of goals and assists. My other thought is his contract, he's seen Bart get a bumper deal. Wouldn't he also think he deserves similar?

A new deal yes but I wouldn't say bumper. I he was using Bart as in benchmark then he would have to take into consideration he has done it consistently for 3 years

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 13:21 - Jul 22 with 2531 viewsMancBlue86

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:34 - Jul 22 by chicoazul

We will have the money to spend

I hope you eat your words if it is the case that we spend and admit that you were wrong. I doubt it though

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 13:23 - Jul 22 with 2509 viewsElderGrizzly

We did with MM. It all went into the playimg budget and was wasted
I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 13:24 - Jul 22 with 2502 viewschicoazul

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 13:21 - Jul 22 by MancBlue86

I hope you eat your words if it is the case that we spend and admit that you were wrong. I doubt it though

I guarantee you I will brother! I hope I am wrong and that we will indeed buy lots of exciting new players with the money we got for Webster Knight and from FIFA never mind any fee we get for anyone else!

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 13:24 - Jul 22 with 2501 viewsMancBlue86

I am furious with the waggy situation....... on 12:53 - Jul 22 by WD19

Nice use of an entirely fictional up front ‘minimum’ to give future flouceroom too. 7/10.

Fictional would completely void of any reality, therefore ...... well point made

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024