Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? 15:17 - Sep 16 with 3827 views3_5_2

Someone has screen shotted a news story
I do hope this is fake and not true

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:18 - Sep 16 with 3793 viewsDeano69

Sadly and with regret, it appears to be true.

RIP Big man.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:19 - Sep 16 with 3771 viewsSWGF

Yeah. Got told a few hours ago but it wasn't really "confirmed" at the time

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:19 - Sep 16 with 3771 viewsbontcho

Rest in Peace the greatest ever Ipswich Town Player.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:20 - Sep 16 with 3749 viewsPJH

If true, heartbreaking.

The greatest allround footballer that I have ever seen.

I love(d) the man.

RIP The Beat.

Please don't let it be true.
BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:21 - Sep 16 with 3734 viewsSitfcB

Have seen him about a few times in the local shop buying his lottery, always chirpy and had time for anyone.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 15:24]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:21 - Sep 16 with 3718 viewsDeano69

I am changing my avatar to a Beat photo. Would encourage everyone to do the same.

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:21 - Sep 16 with 3709 viewsMullet

Looks genuine.

I met him a few times he was truly lovely to us kids and humble.

I can only imagine how devastated Snr and his generation will be. An absolute giant of a player for itfc

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:22 - Sep 16 with 3673 viewsArnieM

Sadly this appears to be true : aged 64yrs.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:24 - Sep 16 with 3615 viewsVic

RIP The Beat

Gutted to hear this, a true legend.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:24 - Sep 16 with 3606 viewsPJH

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:21 - Sep 16 by Deano69

I am changing my avatar to a Beat photo. Would encourage everyone to do the same.

Mine has been of the Great Man for most of my time on here.

I am genuinely in tears.
BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:26 - Sep 16 with 3571 viewscbower

Very sad. The Beat was a colossus and everyone in the game recognised his immense talent, not least Sir Bob. RIP a True Town Legend.

bluescouser

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:26 - Sep 16 with 3567 viewsBlueBadger

I'm just going to leave this here.

Rest well, big fella.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:27 - Sep 16 with 3543 viewsDeano69

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:24 - Sep 16 by PJH

Mine has been of the Great Man for most of my time on here.

I am genuinely in tears.

Devastated. Actually, I suddenly don’t give a toss about what’s going on at the club right now. I know that will change, but 64 is no age, even with such a tough few years.

An amazing footballer, in the genuine sense of the word. Legend !

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:28 - Sep 16 with 3522 viewsPendejo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-45541588

Got to keep it together as am at work but I want to cry. Don't really understand why 'cos he isn't a relative and only met him a handful of times.. but I do.

In our hearts... the beat goes on!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:30 - Sep 16 with 3496 viewsDeano69

Ipswich Towns Greatest Trio. Now all re-united.

[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 15:31]

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:32 - Sep 16 with 3450 viewsPJH

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:30 - Sep 16 by Deano69

Ipswich Towns Greatest Trio. Now all re-united.

[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 15:31]

Three greats of ITFC now together again.
BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:33 - Sep 16 with 3423 viewsColin_Viljoen

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:18 - Sep 16 by Deano69

Sadly and with regret, it appears to be true.

RIP Big man.

God how awful, only 64, makes you think when you are 61 yourself, life can be cruel. RIP The Beat.
BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:33 - Sep 16 with 3424 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I have a little tear running down my cheek.

Kevin Beattie. A true Ipswich Town legend.

The finest player i have ever had the privilege of seeing in the blue shirt.

Rest in Peace big man.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:36 - Sep 16 with 3361 viewsJ2BLUE

RIP Beat.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:53 - Sep 16 with 3193 viewsfloridablue

Very sad news indeed. Same age and I feel privileged so have seen so many of his perfomances in the 70s. Whenever I've thought of Towns greatest players he always comes to mind first. I've the book, The Beat by Neal Manning on my shelf and will certainly be reading again this coming week.
BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 16:02 - Sep 16 with 3114 viewscobbler

RIP Kevin Beattie the greatest centre half we have ever had.
BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 16:04 - Sep 16 with 3095 viewsHARRY10

Great player and a great bloke to boot.

A sad, sad loss at such an early age.
BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 16:05 - Sep 16 with 3087 viewsDeano69

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 16:02 - Sep 16 by cobbler

RIP Kevin Beattie the greatest centre half we have ever had.

Not sure there have been many, if any, better for England.

Immense.

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 16:24 - Sep 16 with 2987 viewsgmanrom

BBC Radio Suffolk reporting Kevin Beattie has died ? on 15:33 - Sep 16 by Colin_Viljoen

God how awful, only 64, makes you think when you are 61 yourself, life can be cruel. RIP The Beat.

So sad, 64 is absolutely no age at all :( rip the greatest player to walk the Portman Rd turf.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024