Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What hasn't changed? 19:26 - Oct 2 with 1642 viewschrismakin

Seen Joe mention it and others, but something imo that hasn't changed despite players and managers changing.................

" WE'RE IPSWICH TOWN"

Big club, big fans, big this big this. Pressure of playing for a big club like town blah blah

Hurst said it, Lambert said it, Cook says it.
We are a football club like others. Yes we certainly are better off than most, but this constant ' We're ipswich' is one of the things that has stayed over the years despite the relegation, despite being league 1 now for 3 seasons.

That's not to say fans can not be proud of being a town fan of course not. BUT it's hard enough playing against clubs anyway, without stoking fires.

Before Sheff wed, we had PC telling everyone we had the best club, best players, best this that the other. Who on earth says that before a game.
PC and lambert are joined in their thinking that each club see's us as their cup final. And imo it's not healthy.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What hasn't changed? on 19:27 - Oct 2 with 1617 viewsgordon

Edmundson was saying the target was the premier league, before a defeat which left us in 19th place in the third tier.
What hasn't changed? on 19:31 - Oct 2 with 1564 viewschrismakin

What hasn't changed? on 19:27 - Oct 2 by gordon

Edmundson was saying the target was the premier league, before a defeat which left us in 19th place in the third tier.

exactly this, it's embarassing imo.

Just go about our business.

People question if we walked into today thinking Accrington were easy

well if you're constantly being told we're ipswich, big club, big players. How many of the players walked into the game thinking exactly that and it would be an easy game

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What hasn't changed? on 19:45 - Oct 2 with 1465 viewsBloomBlue

I was worried when the players celebrated after the Tues game ok it was a great performance but it was one game, all I could think about at the time was Joey Barton's comments from a couple of seasons ago when the players and Lambert celebrated after one win.
What hasn't changed? on 19:47 - Oct 2 with 1441 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The answer to your question?

We are still being managed by a manager appointed by ME.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What hasn't changed? on 20:55 - Oct 2 with 1282 viewsPlums

What hasn't changed? on 19:31 - Oct 2 by chrismakin

well if you're constantly being told we're ipswich, big club, big players. How many of the players walked into the game thinking exactly that and it would be an easy game

I agree.
Perhaps the fans singing that hackneyed Leeds promotion song after the Lincoln and Doncaster games wasn’t the best idea. It smacked of arrogance and today it sounds as though we got our comeuppance.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

What hasn't changed? on 22:02 - Oct 2 with 1163 viewsquad

I'm starting to think that Edmundson is a bit of a tw*t. I'm not convinced that he even deserves to be in the team ahead of Woolf or Toto, he's only there on reputation.

He was bragging about his goal against Doncaster, saying that he was really clever and got one over their defender by stealing a yard on him by giving him a little nudge in the back or something like that. Seems overly cocky and smug to me with no good reason.

Funnily enough he wasn't bragging about his performance against Bolton though. And I doubt he will be saying much about his performance against Accrington either.
What hasn't changed? on 22:04 - Oct 2 with 1145 viewsOldboy

Not sure about the"we are Ipswich" things, but the attitude of both players and management needs to improve.
What hasn't changed? on 22:17 - Oct 2 with 1078 viewsblueconscience

What hasn't changed? on 19:31 - Oct 2 by chrismakin

If we don’t go into games like Accrington thinking it will be easy, we don’t deserve to progress
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 22:18]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

What hasn't changed? on 22:20 - Oct 2 with 1051 viewsHullblue

What hasn't changed? on 22:02 - Oct 2 by quad

I'm starting to think that Edmundson is a bit of a tw*t. I'm not convinced that he even deserves to be in the team ahead of Woolf or Toto, he's only there on reputation.

He was bragging about his goal against Doncaster, saying that he was really clever and got one over their defender by stealing a yard on him by giving him a little nudge in the back or something like that. Seems overly cocky and smug to me with no good reason.

Funnily enough he wasn't bragging about his performance against Bolton though. And I doubt he will be saying much about his performance against Accrington either.

I think the Premier League talk was stupid and misguided - could well have motivated Accrington today. It would have been embarrassing enough if he’d been talking about the championship, never mind the premiership.

But to call him a tw*t based on an interview is ridiculous. You don’t know him.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

What hasn't changed? on 22:57 - Oct 2 with 968 viewsquad

What hasn't changed? on 22:20 - Oct 2 by Hullblue

I think the Premier League talk was stupid and misguided - could well have motivated Accrington today. It would have been embarrassing enough if he’d been talking about the championship, never mind the premiership.

But to call him a tw*t based on an interview is ridiculous. You don’t know him.

You're right, I don't know him. And you're probably right that I shouldn't have said that.

However the premier league talk was stupid and misguided. And his talk about his goal in his interview "defender's looked at me, then looked at the ball, big mistake...." and how the "Donny result has sent out a statement to the rest of the division".

I've also seen him on a coffee video thing with Edwards and Chaplin. And my first impressions are that he comes across as the joker and has an ego. Many have said that we don't have a divine right to promotion and I just wonder if he thinks Ipswich are better than they really are and just have to turn up to win. They need to fight for everything to get out of this division as teams like Accrington aren't just going to roll over for us and hopefully this is a wake up call to him and others.
What hasn't changed? on 23:05 - Oct 2 with 929 viewspointofblue

What hasn't changed? on 22:02 - Oct 2 by quad

I wouldn't cast asperions on Edmundson's character but I think him coming in for Woolfenden was a rash move when the latter was building up a good understanding with Burgess at that point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What hasn't changed? on 23:11 - Oct 2 with 911 viewsVaughan8

His comments along with the "we've sent a message to the league" after one decent performance against the bottom team is embarrassing.

Let's win 4-5 on the bounce before we start spouting this nonsense.
What hasn't changed? on 23:45 - Oct 2 with 823 viewsDubtractor

What hasn't changed? on 19:45 - Oct 2 by BloomBlue

I was worried when the players celebrated after the Tues game ok it was a great performance but it was one game, all I could think about at the time was Joey Barton's comments from a couple of seasons ago when the players and Lambert celebrated after one win.

I also thought that we massively over celebrated that win.

It was all a bit ott given where we are in the table.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What hasn't changed? on 23:49 - Oct 2 with 810 viewsquad

What hasn't changed? on 23:11 - Oct 2 by Vaughan8

His comments along with the "we've sent a message to the league" after one decent performance against the bottom team is embarrassing.

Let's win 4-5 on the bounce before we start spouting this nonsense.

So I was right then, he's embarrassed us, which makes him a tw*t in my book. Why can't he just let his performances do the talking rather than feeling the need to spout a load of BS after one decent game?
What hasn't changed? on 00:28 - Oct 3 with 750 viewsGarv

What hasn't changed? on 22:57 - Oct 2 by quad

You're right, I don't know him. And you're probably right that I shouldn't have said that.

However the premier league talk was stupid and misguided. And his talk about his goal in his interview "defender's looked at me, then looked at the ball, big mistake...." and how the "Donny result has sent out a statement to the rest of the division".

I've also seen him on a coffee video thing with Edwards and Chaplin. And my first impressions are that he comes across as the joker and has an ego. Many have said that we don't have a divine right to promotion and I just wonder if he thinks Ipswich are better than they really are and just have to turn up to win. They need to fight for everything to get out of this division as teams like Accrington aren't just going to roll over for us and hopefully this is a wake up call to him and others.

There's too many points to argue with here it'll take too long, but a) what's wrong with being a joker? And b) I don't think you can be a professional footballer without at least a bit of an ego. I'd be upset if he didn't to be honest.

Are the owners stupid and misguided for aiming to get to the premier league?

You also have to account for the kind of questions the player will have been asked when reading these comments.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What hasn't changed? on 00:59 - Oct 3 with 721 views3_5_2

What hasn't changed? on 19:45 - Oct 2 by BloomBlue

That’s a great point you make.

I saw that Tuesday and thought it a bit over the top

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

What hasn't changed? on 07:48 - Oct 3 with 544 viewsHeadWestBlue

What hasn't changed? on 23:45 - Oct 2 by Dubtractor

I also thought that we massively over celebrated that win.

It was all a bit ott given where we are in the table.

It was indeed an over celebration, probably born out of relief, but all that was missing was an open top bus on the corrnhill.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024