Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's Walters done then 16:43 - Sep 26 with 4104 viewsSomethingBlue

Ouch. Only tiny silver lining might be that it concentrates Hurst's mind a little in terms of our approach — but realistically this is a big blow and we are going to really have to struggle through to January now. It's going to be a proper rearguard action in the next window I fear.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

That's Walters done then on 16:45 - Sep 26 with 3299 viewshomer_123

I posted last week that I'd be furious if we find that Evans spends a shed load of cash (that hasn't been raised from transfers) in the Jan window in an attempt to get us out of the mire.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That's Walters done then on 16:47 - Sep 26 with 3258 viewsCurrie10

Injuries can happen at anyone time to any given position.

We've got the 3 sicknotes CM injured.

What happens if Jackson + Harrison all of a sudden get injured!?
That's Walters done then on 16:49 - Sep 26 with 3236 viewsDeano69

That's Walters done then on 16:47 - Sep 26 by Currie10

Sears, Folami, Lankaster

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

That's Walters done then on 16:49 - Sep 26 with 3226 viewsWD19

That's Walters done then on 16:45 - Sep 26 by homer_123

I posted last week that I'd be furious if we find that Evans spends a shed load of cash (that hasn't been raised from transfers) in the Jan window in an attempt to get us out of the mire.

I'll find it within myself to forgive him.
That's Walters done then on 16:54 - Sep 26 with 3186 viewsSomethingBlue

At this stage I'd forget all that and just be delighted — it's a really critical situation, this, and I'm not sure it's going to get a lot better.

That's Walters done then on 16:58 - Sep 26 with 3149 viewshomer_123

That's Walters done then on 16:54 - Sep 26 by SomethingBlue

At this stage I'd forget all that and just be delighted — it's a really critical situation, this, and I'm not sure it's going to get a lot better.

But the fact is, he should have done it way back!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That's Walters done then on 17:01 - Sep 26 with 3126 viewsCurrie10

Great use of wages this.
That's Walters done then on 17:02 - Sep 26 with 3109 viewsSteve_M

We still have quite a lot of what was raised in sales this Summer unspent. Undisclosed fees make it difficult to work out how much but it's a few million.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

That's Walters done then on 17:05 - Sep 26 with 3074 viewsHerbivore

That's Walters done then on 17:02 - Sep 26 by Steve_M

We still have quite a lot of what was raised in sales this Summer unspent. Undisclosed fees make it difficult to work out how much but it's a few million.

Going off reports/rumours I make it close to £5m, if we don't include money spent on loans as that's generally within the £6m ME sticks in anyway.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That's Walters done then on 17:07 - Sep 26 with 3059 viewschicoazul

That's Walters done then on 16:54 - Sep 26 by SomethingBlue

It's extremely good that we have a new breed of young Manager who is obsessed with sports science and fitness and would never take a chance using a player already carrying an injury as a sub in an effort to chase a game.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That's Walters done then on 17:08 - Sep 26 with 3046 viewschicoazul

That's Walters done then on 16:47 - Sep 26 by Currie10

Is Kris Boyd free? How about JET?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

That's Walters done then on 17:12 - Sep 26 with 3006 viewsSomethingBlue

That's Walters done then on 17:07 - Sep 26 by chicoazul

It's extremely good that we have a new breed of young Manager who is obsessed with sports science and fitness and would never take a chance using a player already carrying an injury as a sub in an effort to chase a game.

Quite. Just looks ridiculous now. Playing an unfit Graham against Norwich and risking Walters like that against Bolton were unbelievable decisions given all the big talk.

That's Walters done then on 17:15 - Sep 26 with 2975 viewschicoazul

That's Walters done then on 17:12 - Sep 26 by SomethingBlue

Quite. Just looks ridiculous now. Playing an unfit Graham against Norwich and risking Walters like that against Bolton were unbelievable decisions given all the big talk.

Bad decision after bad decision. He has to go now.

That's Walters done then on 17:20 - Sep 26 with 2944 viewsBluebell

Does this mean he goes back to Burnley to get fit or do we have to treat his injury and keep paying the loan fee?
That's Walters done then on 17:21 - Sep 26 with 2940 viewsReuser_is_God

That's Walters done then on 17:01 - Sep 26 by Currie10

Great use of wages this.

Surely the will now be terminated & we won’t be paying any of his wage?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

That's Walters done then on 17:22 - Sep 26 with 2931 viewsReuser_is_God

Hopefully this means Donaciean will now stay in the squad & stay at RB.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

That's Walters done then on 17:29 - Sep 26 with 2889 viewsBluefish

That's Walters done then on 17:15 - Sep 26 by chicoazul

Bad decision after bad decision. He has to go now.

Are you a parody? Only a numbskull that froths at the mouth over Mick would flounce about sacking a manager because of an injury. You'll be trying to throw bottles at him next

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

That's Walters done then on 17:31 - Sep 26 with 2878 viewsBluefish

I like Jonny but it could be a blessing. I said before that PH needs to go back to his best team and formation. Hopefully he will now put faith in Harrison and Jackson. I think Harrison has been treated harshly he didn't play badly at all he just lacked support. We also now lose the distraction of rotating loanees
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 17:32]

That's Walters done then on 17:34 - Sep 26 with 2847 viewsoldollie

That's Walters done then on 17:29 - Sep 26 by Bluefish

Are you a parody? Only a numbskull that froths at the mouth over Mick would flounce about sacking a manager because of an injury. You'll be trying to throw bottles at him next

Poor poor management by Hurst

Wages being paid to Burnley for the next few months with nothing to show

How much longer must we endure the unendurable, deal with the undealable and accept the unacceptable

Hurst out Pardew in
That's Walters done then on 17:42 - Sep 26 with 2782 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That's Walters done then on 17:21 - Sep 26 by Reuser_is_God

Burnley wouldn’t have been able to terminate the loan if they wanted him back, so why would they terminate if we no longer want him?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

That's Walters done then on 17:43 - Sep 26 with 2781 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's Walters done then on 17:21 - Sep 26 by Reuser_is_God

One way or the other I expect it’ll be an insurance job.

If Jon trained with no ill effects and said he was fine to play I don’t see what Hurst was supposed to do. For those blaming him it just seems like another stick to beat him with.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That's Walters done then on 17:49 - Sep 26 with 2727 viewsRyorry

That's Walters done then on 17:43 - Sep 26 by Swansea_Blue

If Jon trained with no ill effects and said he was fine to play I don’t see what Hurst was supposed to do. For those blaming him it just seems like another stick to beat him with.

My memory's a bit dodgy, so please correct me if wrong those who heard the commentary, but didn't Mick Mills say something very early doors into JW's game time, about him not running/moving absolutely freely? I might have got that conflated in my head tho with MMills definitely saying Jon had been carrying an Achilles niggle for "a couple of weeks"..?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

That's Walters done then on 17:56 - Sep 26 with 2682 viewschicoazul

That's Walters done then on 17:29 - Sep 26 by Bluefish

Fishers I am going to indulge you as I am in a good mood today.

You will note I said "bad decision after bad decision", by which I mean it was a bad decision playing an already-injured Walters in a game we were desperate to win which is what I meant by "chase the game". Said bad decision is in addition to the litany of others including selling Garner which lead to us needing Walters in the first place. This for me sums up why we should cut Hurst loose now as he continues to make terrible decisions which now see us in line to be relegated. Let me know if none of this is clear.

That's Walters done then on 17:57 - Sep 26 with 2679 viewschicoazul

That's Walters done then on 17:43 - Sep 26 by Swansea_Blue

It *is* another stick to beat him with.

That's Walters done then on 18:35 - Sep 26 with 2557 viewsBluefish

That's Walters done then on 17:56 - Sep 26 by chicoazul

Fishers I am going to indulge you as I am in a good mood today.

You will note I said "bad decision after bad decision", by which I mean it was a bad decision playing an already-injured Walters in a game we were desperate to win which is what I meant by "chase the game". Said bad decision is in addition to the litany of others including selling Garner which lead to us needing Walters in the first place. This for me sums up why we should cut Hurst loose now as he continues to make terrible decisions which now see us in line to be relegated. Let me know if none of this is clear.

It is clear but a bit numbskull like. Garner wanted out for personal reasons, trying to keep him would have been ridiculous. Yes I know some morons say they get paid lots etc. But they are still humans and still suffer from mental health troubles, a footballer not mentally right is pretty pointless. He can't predict homesickness

As for playing an injured player, you understand he trained and passed a fitness test? Do you expect the manager to go beyond that and personally scan him pre match?

Do you see why you might be coming across as a bit foolish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024