Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert will have control of running the club.... 22:10 - Oct 25 with 10681 viewsitfcjoe

....including the academy. On a 3 year deal.

We are going all in with Lambert it seems.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:16 - Oct 25 with 6785 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Jesus wept..... please no

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:16 - Oct 25 with 6775 viewsle2blue

Maybe implies that Evans wants less day to day involvement if he's limiting his direct reports. Not sure it makes much difference to the running of the academy does it? Perhaps integrating and creating the top to bottom style of play?
Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:24 - Oct 25 with 6647 viewsRegencyBlue

Might be wrong but I guess that any manager coming in under these circumstances can pretty much dictate their terms.
Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:27 - Oct 25 with 6549 viewsITFC_Forever

Let’s hope he values the input from Klug and co.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:27 - Oct 25 with 6541 viewsPopeye

I just hope he doesn’t get rid of Klug, I think Hurst would have liked to bcos he believes Klug has too much influence at club, just my reading of the situation.
Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:28 - Oct 25 with 6498 viewsNo9

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:24 - Oct 25 by RegencyBlue

Might be wrong but I guess that any manager coming in under these circumstances can pretty much dictate their terms.

Not a good position to be in
So fam Mr Evans has shown poor judgement in appointing managers
Handing over the lot to an incomer doesn't sound like a good idea
Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:30 - Oct 25 with 6461 viewsITFC_Forever

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:27 - Oct 25 by Popeye

I just hope he doesn’t get rid of Klug, I think Hurst would have liked to bcos he believes Klug has too much influence at club, just my reading of the situation.

Hurst was an arrogant prick who had Klug there, full of advice, but ignored it and wanted to do it his way.

Got what he deserved.

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:34 - Oct 25 with 6360 viewstextbackup

had lambert got it after MM i'd have been pretty happy (to be honest) so lets see where this takes us

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:35 - Oct 25 with 6354 viewsCoco

Isn’t this just handing over the baton from Hurst?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:36 - Oct 25 with 6323 viewsRegencyBlue

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:28 - Oct 25 by No9

Not a good position to be in
So fam Mr Evans has shown poor judgement in appointing managers
Handing over the lot to an incomer doesn't sound like a good idea

Well quite!

Evans however is on the back foot at this point. What I really hope is that Lambert has extracted some concessions regarding meaningful investment in the squad as part of this.

Time will tell!
Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:41 - Oct 25 with 6250 viewsdavblue

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:34 - Oct 25 by textbackup

had lambert got it after MM i'd have been pretty happy (to be honest) so lets see where this takes us

The phone ins on radio Suffolk could be radio gold soon. Especially when we lose..

Why didn’t we get Burley and Butcher in? They were successful 20 years agoooooo.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 22:42]
Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:43 - Oct 25 with 6194 viewsVic

It’s not so far different from Hurst really is it - he wanted to ensure the same style throughout the club. Really hope he works well with Klug who is fast becoming the one constant Mr Ipswich in all this.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:45 - Oct 25 with 6168 viewsMelford

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:27 - Oct 25 by ITFC_Forever

Let’s hope he values the input from Klug and co.

I'm sure one of the conditions is that Klug gets input.Hurst didn't take it and all his coaching team is off, one of the major factors it seems was the standoff between the existing staff and the new team brought in. That won't happen again.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:48 - Oct 25 with 6111 views3_5_2

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:30 - Oct 25 by ITFC_Forever

Hurst was an arrogant prick who had Klug there, full of advice, but ignored it and wanted to do it his way.

Got what he deserved.

This

We loaned out better youth players than in some cases we brought in

Klug and his team is an asset not a threat

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:53 - Oct 25 with 6037 viewstextbackup

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:41 - Oct 25 by davblue

The phone ins on radio Suffolk could be radio gold soon. Especially when we lose..

Why didn’t we get Burley and Butcher in? They were successful 20 years agoooooo.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 22:42]

don't mate, it pains me every single week. along with hollan being the first team coach, even tho hes not coached.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:54 - Oct 25 with 6010 viewsITFC_Forever

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:48 - Oct 25 by 3_5_2

This

We loaned out better youth players than in some cases we brought in

Klug and his team is an asset not a threat

Your last sentence sums it up perfectly.

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 23:00 - Oct 25 with 5965 viewscasanovacrow

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering why Evans is giving soo much control away? Makes me quite uneasy.
Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 23:01 - Oct 25 with 5947 viewsLord_Lucan

I have no problem with Lambert but I genuinely don't like the sound of that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 23:04 - Oct 25 with 5894 viewsReuser_is_God

Isn’t that just what we wanted from Hurst, just a case of it being worded poorly by in the article?

No chance will he be ‘running’ the academy.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 23:06 - Oct 25 with 5861 viewslinhdi

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:24 - Oct 25 by RegencyBlue

Also, unlike Hurst, Lambert has experience running a club our size.
Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 23:15 - Oct 25 with 5727 viewssoclopath

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:34 - Oct 25 by textbackup

I'm sure Klug would have offered plenty of assistance to Hurst we know Yorkshire managers don't listen we've had two doses to date,let's hope Glaswegien's do and will listen.
Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 23:26 - Oct 25 with 5632 viewsElderGrizzly

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 23:04 - Oct 25 by Reuser_is_God

Isn’t that just what we wanted from Hurst, just a case of it being worded poorly by in the article?

No chance will he be ‘running’ the academy.

Indeed. It is just about joining up approach/tactics across academy and first team.

MM never did it, Hurst started but never got the real opportunity to do it
Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 23:34 - Oct 25 with 5553 viewsjeera

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 23:26 - Oct 25 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed. It is just about joining up approach/tactics across academy and first team.

MM never did it, Hurst started but never got the real opportunity to do it

And in theory it's absolutely the right approach to take.

When a club this size is relying on talent to come through and provide X amount of the next generation first team, it makes complete sense to have a philosophy in place that all can adhere to.

Just not a complete idiot to be in charge of it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 23:35 - Oct 25 with 5530 viewsdavblue

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 22:53 - Oct 25 by textbackup

don't mate, it pains me every single week. along with hollan being the first team coach, even tho hes not coached.....

Holland from a PR perspective would be a sensible move tbf, I don’t think it would happen though. If he joined with the potential for him to taught on the job and with a mind of him being our new manager, I could get behind that, but again I don’t see Holland as a manager type.
Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 23:37 - Oct 25 with 5501 viewsElderGrizzly

Lambert will have control of running the club.... on 23:34 - Oct 25 by jeera

And in theory it's absolutely the right approach to take.

When a club this size is relying on talent to come through and provide X amount of the next generation first team, it makes complete sense to have a philosophy in place that all can adhere to.

Just not a complete idiot to be in charge of it.

Mick’s gone and he was never an idiot. Harsh... 😏
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024