Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season 13:30 - Jan 9 with 2676 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Our chances are already slim but a win cuts the gap to 7 points between us and Rotherham in 21st and gives us a chance of being within touching distance if we could pick up 2 or 3 good results in the next 4 or 5 games.

Draw and it looks as if we are probably down and lose and we are about 12 points plus GD adrift and almost certainly gone.

I can't remember a bigger game in this context (playoffs aside) since Bolton away (4-0) when we capitulated and sealed our fate. Feels like one of those.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 13:37 - Jan 9 with 2643 viewsTractorCam

Millwall was that game. Then next week it will be Blackburn.

Can we stop with this "Biggest game in years" attitude please, every game is bigger than the last given our position.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 13:39 - Jan 9 with 2633 viewsPJH

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 13:37 - Jan 9 by TractorCam

Can we stop with this "Biggest game in years" attitude please, every game is bigger than the last given our position.

Yep, until we are mathematically safe, late April maybe, every game is the "biggest game in years".

Looking forward to the Leeds game.
This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 13:40 - Jan 9 with 2626 viewsGarv

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 13:37 - Jan 9 by TractorCam

I think the big one was Bolton at home. It really gave us a clear picture of how much we'd struggle.

Then it was Bristol, how we chucked it away while we were playing well.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 13:43 - Jan 9 with 2599 viewsKieran_Knows

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 13:40 - Jan 9 by Garv

I think the big one was Bolton at home. It really gave us a clear picture of how much we'd struggle.

Then it was Bristol, how we chucked it away while we were playing well.

Agree about Bristol. As Stuart Watson said at the time, it felt like it was going to be 'lift off' under Lambert had we won it. It's been since then I've already considered us down.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 13:44 - Jan 9 with 2590 viewstextbackup

millwall was the game that mattered..... and them hopeless fcks bottled it.

we HAD to win that, as it was they pulled away and the gap is 10 points. winning Saturday gives false hopes now IMO. clearly I don't want to see them give up, but we'll draw Saturday and concede a pathetic goal or two

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 13:54 - Jan 9 with 2552 viewsEastTownBlue

Beat Rotherham 5-0 and we won't need to worry about the goal difference. Just the small matter of the seven points.
This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 13:58 - Jan 9 with 2531 viewsIpswichKnight

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 13:43 - Jan 9 by Kieran_Knows

Agree about Bristol. As Stuart Watson said at the time, it felt like it was going to be 'lift off' under Lambert had we won it. It's been since then I've already considered us down.

Same here. I'm still going this Saturday and I am going to enjoy the trip and the game.
This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 14:03 - Jan 9 with 2506 viewsclive_baker

I resigned myself to relegation weeks ago. The squad simply isn't strong enough, and Lambert has his hands tied. That said, we have to just take each game as it comes and see what we can do. We need 10 wins from 20 games realistically, which won't happen, but that shouldn't stop us trying to win as many as we can. Beating Rotherham on Saturday will breed a bit of confidence ahead of trips to 2 of Lambert's former clubs.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 14:06 - Jan 9 with 2496 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I would forget about goal difference as a problem.

If we make up the points difference it will involve us winning 4+ games and others losing 4+ games.

In that sequence its likely that the GD would be reduced significantly.

If we make up the points, we will make up the GD in that process.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 14:22 - Jan 9 with 2424 viewsSteve_M

I think the season was probably defined by Rotherham away: some nice football, no goal threat and then we managed to lose a match to a team that had looked even less like scoring than us for 90 minutes.

It's more the last big chance to show we can even dream of pulling out of it. It might be too late but let's win it and see what happens afterwards.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 14:24 - Jan 9 with 2408 viewsIpswichKnight

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 14:22 - Jan 9 by Steve_M

I think the season was probably defined by Rotherham away: some nice football, no goal threat and then we managed to lose a match to a team that had looked even less like scoring than us for 90 minutes.

It's more the last big chance to show we can even dream of pulling out of it. It might be too late but let's win it and see what happens afterwards.

You forgot to add in the bit about us conceding the pointless free kick that always leads us to conceding a goal.
This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 14:28 - Jan 9 with 2397 viewsTractorWood

It's not a big game at all. We are down.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 14:33 - Jan 9 with 2381 viewsbilllm

Damage was finally done against Millwall, won that and Saturday would have been 4 PTS easy to make up, were basically facing Rotherham with the side we've had all season do you realistically expect miracles,only glimmer of hope for Saturday was personally Millwall first half was the best I've seen us play for a year, fingers crossed,
The game that defined this season was.... on 14:39 - Jan 9 with 2356 viewsBloots

...the home match against Barnsley last year.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 14:39 - Jan 9 with 2357 viewsSteve_M

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 14:24 - Jan 9 by IpswichKnight

You forgot to add in the bit about us conceding the pointless free kick that always leads us to conceding a goal.

Still, good thing Nsiala learnt about going into tackles with too much force after that one.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 14:48 - Jan 9 with 2331 viewsFtnfwest

whatever the result we're down i suspect, but a win would make it at least a tiny possibility to stay up as we then go into another run of difficult games
This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 15:04 - Jan 9 with 2295 viewsJammyDodgerrr

We simply have to win. If we don't it's over. I'll keep believing if we win. If we go down, we will rue losing to both Bristol and Millwall.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 15:07 - Jan 9 with 2280 viewsMrTown

Reading, Bristol, Millwall. They've all been "do or die", and so far we keep dying.

10 points, if we do win it claws back to 7, with 19 games remaining and few more signings its certainly not impossible. But this great escape still remains highly improbable.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 15:11 - Jan 9 with 2260 viewsOsborneOneNil

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 15:07 - Jan 9 by MrTown

Reading, Bristol, Millwall. They've all been "do or die", and so far we keep dying.

10 points, if we do win it claws back to 7, with 19 games remaining and few more signings its certainly not impossible. But this great escape still remains highly improbable.

If we win I think we'll stay up. I'm forever the optimist.
This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 15:13 - Jan 9 with 2254 viewsBenters2

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 13:44 - Jan 9 by textbackup

millwall was the game that mattered..... and them hopeless fcks bottled it.

we HAD to win that, as it was they pulled away and the gap is 10 points. winning Saturday gives false hopes now IMO. clearly I don't want to see them give up, but we'll draw Saturday and concede a pathetic goal or two

This.
This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 15:25 - Jan 9 with 2223 viewsIpswichKnight

This Saturday is probably the game that defines our season on 14:39 - Jan 9 by Steve_M

Still, good thing Nsiala learnt about going into tackles with too much force after that one.

Yes that was a valuable lesson he learnt that game and I was pleased he carried the lesson learned into the Sheff Wed game....oh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024