Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge Contract 10:53 - Feb 14 with 2613 viewsFrimleyBlue

So we have the option of extending........ Can judge say no? or is it in our own hands?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Judge Contract on 10:57 - Feb 14 with 2609 viewsSomethingBlue

Doesn't seem 100% clear although Judge seemed to think it leaned towards the club. Players often have no clue about this stuff though — some like to be heavily involved but others just totally leave it.

Getting him in for next season would be fantastic. He would p7ss League One and it'd be a massive, massive boost.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Judge Contract on 11:17 - Feb 14 with 2522 viewsSWGF

Judge Contract on 10:57 - Feb 14 by SomethingBlue

Doesn't seem 100% clear although Judge seemed to think it leaned towards the club. Players often have no clue about this stuff though — some like to be heavily involved but others just totally leave it.

Getting him in for next season would be fantastic. He would p7ss League One and it'd be a massive, massive boost.

"He would p7ss League One"

Don't blind us with your journalistic mumbo-jumbo!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Judge Contract on 11:22 - Feb 14 with 2519 viewsPhilTWTD

He was indeed very vague when we asked him about the option, but did say it was more in the club's favour.

“That’s down to me and how I play,” he said [when asked about the option]. “I’m not really sure [how the option works]. I’ll have to speak to my agent a bit more on that but I think it’s more in the club’s favour. I think it’s a bit of both really. I think it’s a reasonable one really.”
Based on appearances maybe....? on 11:25 - Feb 14 with 2483 viewsBloots

Judge Contract on 11:22 - Feb 14 by PhilTWTD

He was indeed very vague when we asked him about the option, but did say it was more in the club's favour.

“That’s down to me and how I play,” he said [when asked about the option]. “I’m not really sure [how the option works]. I’ll have to speak to my agent a bit more on that but I think it’s more in the club’s favour. I think it’s a bit of both really. I think it’s a reasonable one really.”

.....if he plays a certain number of matches we have the option.

Surely his historical injuries could be the only reason we didn't get him on a longer deal.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Judge Contract on 11:26 - Feb 14 with 2480 viewsHerbivore

He's done enough to be well worth keeping. This system gets the best out of him, he's essentially enabled to be the spare man and can pop up in space all over the shop. His end product hasn't quite been there as yet but if he can add that as he gets sharper and the team continues to gel he can be a huge player for us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Based on appearances maybe....? on 11:30 - Feb 14 with 2471 viewsSomethingBlue

Based on appearances maybe....? on 11:25 - Feb 14 by Bloots

Surely his historical injuries could be the only reason we didn't get him on a longer deal.

You'd have thought there'd be *something* relating to our league position/status though — very odd in this case if all the cards stacked in our favour. It's a big thing to have him in the building already though and presumably liking it so hopefully that'll be a factor too.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Judge Contract on 11:34 - Feb 14 with 2443 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Judge Contract on 11:22 - Feb 14 by PhilTWTD

Sounds very much like he was making it up as he went along.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Footballers talk a good game.... on 11:50 - Feb 14 with 2387 viewsBloots

Based on appearances maybe....? on 11:30 - Feb 14 by SomethingBlue

You'd have thought there'd be *something* relating to our league position/status though — very odd in this case if all the cards stacked in our favour. It's a big thing to have him in the building already though and presumably liking it so hopefully that'll be a factor too.

....like most employees would.

I have a fear that if a Championship club makes him an offer in the summer, he'll do everything possible to push it through.

It could end up being a long drawn out affair.

Which we'll probably end up losing.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Footballers talk a good game.... on 11:54 - Feb 14 with 2369 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Footballers talk a good game.... on 11:50 - Feb 14 by Bloots

....like most employees would.

I have a fear that if a Championship club makes him an offer in the summer, he'll do everything possible to push it through.

It could end up being a long drawn out affair.

Which we'll probably end up losing.

His answer sounds like he was doing everything to avoid saying..... I'm off if we go down.

Hope he stays, but would be surprised.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Based on appearances maybe....? on 11:56 - Feb 14 with 2355 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not really sure historical injuries are relevant

He obviously had a horrific leg break 3 years ago - but having returned midway through last season he’s been pretty much fit the whole time. He’d made 25 appearances for Brentford this year prior to signing for us

I assume the reason for the option is more down to us not knowing what division we’d be in - but hopefully if he continues to perform like he did yesterday we’ll be able to justify keeping him even in League One, even if he can only manage about 75 minutes!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Based on appearances maybe....? on 11:59 - Feb 14 with 2339 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Based on appearances maybe....? on 11:56 - Feb 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not really sure historical injuries are relevant

He obviously had a horrific leg break 3 years ago - but having returned midway through last season he’s been pretty much fit the whole time. He’d made 25 appearances for Brentford this year prior to signing for us

I assume the reason for the option is more down to us not knowing what division we’d be in - but hopefully if he continues to perform like he did yesterday we’ll be able to justify keeping him even in League One, even if he can only manage about 75 minutes!

I think it will come down to money, if PL makes a case for ME to pay him enough, then he could probably be convinced to stay.

He's 31 this year, so most offers are likely to be from bottom half Champ clubs, and not all of those will be very appealing.

Lets face it, he was available in Jan and we got him, while sitting bottom of the league.

Based on appearances maybe....? on 12:03 - Feb 14 with 2312 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Based on appearances maybe....? on 11:59 - Feb 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think it will come down to money, if PL makes a case for ME to pay him enough, then he could probably be convinced to stay.

He's 31 this year, so most offers are likely to be from bottom half Champ clubs, and not all of those will be very appealing.

Lets face it, he was available in Jan and we got him, while sitting bottom of the league.

That’s what I was getting at re money - although think it’s more a case of Lambert persuading that he’s worth exercising the option on than us persuading Judge to stay, from the sounds of it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Judge Contract on 12:19 - Feb 14 with 2212 viewsOsborneOneNil

Judge Contract on 11:26 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

He's done enough to be well worth keeping. This system gets the best out of him, he's essentially enabled to be the spare man and can pop up in space all over the shop. His end product hasn't quite been there as yet but if he can add that as he gets sharper and the team continues to gel he can be a huge player for us.

You've changed your mind on him now then? Good, isn't he.
Judge Contract on 12:20 - Feb 14 with 2209 viewsGooders7592

We must do everything in our power to keep Judge if we stay up or go down. However, I'll be very surprised if he's here next season.
Judge Contract on 12:23 - Feb 14 with 2190 viewsHerbivore

Judge Contract on 12:19 - Feb 14 by OsborneOneNil

You've changed your mind on him now then? Good, isn't he.

I've not changed my mind at all? I questioned him getting stroppy at his teammates the other day when he'd been wasteful himself but my view on him has been pretty consistent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Judge Contract on 12:42 - Feb 14 with 2130 viewsbadadski

Judge Contract on 12:23 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

I've not changed my mind at all? I questioned him getting stroppy at his teammates the other day when he'd been wasteful himself but my view on him has been pretty consistent.

Hes a class act, from the way it sounded from his interview, then it is more down to us wanting to keep him probably based on what we can afford or whether he is injured or not. Hes the type of player you build teams around.

If he is injury free then he is the play maker we have been after for years who can play as our own Wes Hoolahan to get us back out of league one with the mixture of youth and league one stars that we know we have purchased.
Based on appearances maybe....? on 12:46 - Feb 14 with 2112 viewsBluebell

'historical injuries'.

The main one was Luke Hyam taking him out badly and breaking his leg!

I thought he was our MOTM yesterday. Was absolutely knackered at the end but still kept running. I wonder how much ground he covered in the game?
Judge Contract on 13:08 - Feb 14 with 2042 viewswallyvincent

I’m sure I’ve heard Lambert say they loved him and Judge loved being at the club and that they were looking to sort next season out. Think it was after Sunday.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024