Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toothless 09:37 - Mar 13 with 3645 viewsMullysplace1

Played well enough last night. But we are toothless up front. Yes, we have injuries but even if fit we never look like scoring. We have no one clinical in front of goal. And in Jackson, Harrison, etc, cant see how that will change next season. Sears may well have been the answer but he is out until at least xmas, even then he has to get up to speed. Keane isnt the answer as a natural striker and Colin is just a big lump who wont be here anyway.
Toothless on 09:44 - Mar 13 with 3618 viewsBluebell

‘Yes, we have injuries’

Correct. We have Sears, Keane and Harrison (just coming back from injury) Quaner was limping on Saturday when he was substituted.

We lost Waghorn, Garner, McGoldrick and Celina at the start of the season. Who were we going to get in January when we were bottom of the table? I guess a proven striker will be top of PL’s list in the summer.
Toothless on 09:50 - Mar 13 with 3583 viewsMullysplace1

Toothless on 09:44 - Mar 13 by Bluebell

‘Yes, we have injuries’

Correct. We have Sears, Keane and Harrison (just coming back from injury) Quaner was limping on Saturday when he was substituted.

We lost Waghorn, Garner, McGoldrick and Celina at the start of the season. Who were we going to get in January when we were bottom of the table? I guess a proven striker will be top of PL’s list in the summer.

I think Waghorn and maybe Garner would have stayed had Mick been here. Jackson and Harrison were never the answer from the start. By toothless l meant over the whole season not just the Lambert signings, and yes l know we were never going to get a proven striker in January. Im saying Hursts attempts at getting one for the money we spent is pretty dire compared to what Mick got for a lot less over the seasons.
Don't forget Lankester on 09:50 - Mar 13 with 3575 viewsunstableblue

Toothless on 09:44 - Mar 13 by Bluebell

‘Yes, we have injuries’

Who had just got his first senior goal and was looking sharp

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Toothless on 10:07 - Mar 13 with 3537 viewsBrianTablet

As my Auntie Vera used to say "You can try as many different forks as you want, but they'll never help you to eat soup."*

*Unless you find a Spork. That would work. But then you'd sell it to Aston Villa for £5m and be back to square one (i.e. hungry)
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 10:32]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Hello Mick on 10:09 - Mar 13 with 3519 viewsDyland

Toothless on 09:50 - Mar 13 by Mullysplace1

I think Waghorn and maybe Garner would have stayed had Mick been here. Jackson and Harrison were never the answer from the start. By toothless l meant over the whole season not just the Lambert signings, and yes l know we were never going to get a proven striker in January. Im saying Hursts attempts at getting one for the money we spent is pretty dire compared to what Mick got for a lot less over the seasons.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Toothless on 10:11 - Mar 13 with 3508 viewsHarry_Palmer

You do talk some tosh. Keane would score plenty in league one and I am confident that Jackson and Harrison would get a few also.

Why don't you have a go at posting something positive for a change? Go on, you can do it.
Toothless on 10:30 - Mar 13 with 3476 viewsJohnny_Boy

With Jackson & Harrison being the only fit available strikers, that was always going to be the problem for last night's match.
Toothless on 10:44 - Mar 13 with 3439 viewsdavblue

Toothless on 10:11 - Mar 13 by Harry_Palmer

You do talk some tosh. Keane would score plenty in league one and I am confident that Jackson and Harrison would get a few also.

Why don't you have a go at posting something positive for a change? Go on, you can do it.

Jackson's all round football ability is questionable.

His first touch isn't up to much and on occasions yesterday it took him out of decent positions.

Finishing isn't fantastic but that might also be down to confidence.
Login to get fewer ads

Toothless on 12:49 - Mar 13 with 3356 viewsMullysplace1

Toothless on 10:11 - Mar 13 by Harry_Palmer

I am being positive. Its a fact. Keane might get 5 or 6 if fit in league 1. But Jackson is just an athlete not a footballer. His first touch is appalling. Harrison is a big enough lump, but again wont score many. We need a striker, end of.
Toothless on 12:51 - Mar 13 with 3345 viewsSwansea_Blue

Toothless on 10:07 - Mar 13 by BrianTablet

As my Auntie Vera used to say "You can try as many different forks as you want, but they'll never help you to eat soup."*

*Unless you find a Spork. That would work. But then you'd sell it to Aston Villa for £5m and be back to square one (i.e. hungry)
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 10:32]

With a bit of luck Div 1 soup is thick and lumpy so that some of our forks will be at least partially useful.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Toothless on 12:52 - Mar 13 with 3339 viewschristiand

Toothless on 12:49 - Mar 13 by Mullysplace1

I am being positive. Its a fact. Keane might get 5 or 6 if fit in league 1. But Jackson is just an athlete not a footballer. His first touch is appalling. Harrison is a big enough lump, but again wont score many. We need a striker, end of.

It's not a fact, it's your opinion. There's a difference!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Toothless on 12:57 - Mar 13 with 3328 viewsMullysplace1

Toothless on 12:52 - Mar 13 by christiand

It's not a fact, it's your opinion. There's a difference!

We wont score goals with this rabble up front. We very rarely score more than one in a game, and most of our shots are woeful at best. To all those thinking we are going to be in the mix next season without a goalscorer it aint gonna happen girls and boys.
Toothless on 12:58 - Mar 13 with 3322 viewschristiand

Toothless on 12:57 - Mar 13 by Mullysplace1

We wont score goals with this rabble up front. We very rarely score more than one in a game, and most of our shots are woeful at best. To all those thinking we are going to be in the mix next season without a goalscorer it aint gonna happen girls and boys.

Again your opinion, NOT fact!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Toothless on 13:07 - Mar 13 with 3296 viewsGarv

Keane scored 3 in 2 months in the Championship, so I'm not sure how or why you've estimated 5 or 6 in a season in League One.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Toothless on 13:29 - Mar 13 with 3233 viewsfooters

Toothless on 13:07 - Mar 13 by Garv

Keane scored 3 in 2 months in the Championship, so I'm not sure how or why you've estimated 5 or 6 in a season in League One.

Not sure if you missed it, but he ended his post with 'end of'. Jeez. Some people.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Toothless on 13:38 - Mar 13 with 3194 viewsrickw

I agree none look like natural goalscorers, but Keane would score 15+ in L1, Harrison scored 12 in L1 for an average Bristol team so he'd score a few as well.

From what I've seen of him though Ben Morris is a natural goalscorer - he's scored plenty at all youth levels, whether he'll be able to make the step up or not who knows.
A 6ft mobile goalscoring striker would be main target for the summer but even if we don't get someone it might not be the end of the world!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Toothless on 14:38 - Mar 13 with 3094 viewsreusersfreekicks

Toothless on 09:50 - Mar 13 by Mullysplace1

But what about your team NCFC?
Toothless on 16:19 - Mar 13 with 3001 viewsMullysplace1

Toothless on 14:38 - Mar 13 by reusersfreekicks

But what about your team NCFC?

Bell........ end.
Toothless on 16:46 - Mar 13 with 2963 viewsHarry_Palmer

If this is you being positive i'd hate to see your negative posts.
Toothless on 16:48 - Mar 13 with 2960 viewsMullysplace1

Toothless on 16:46 - Mar 13 by Harry_Palmer

If this is you being positive i'd hate to see your negative posts.

Im being honest. Too many rose tinted glasses on here.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 16:49]
Toothless on 16:49 - Mar 13 with 2952 viewsbritbiker

Toothless on 16:19 - Mar 13 by Mullysplace1

Bell........ end.

Why do your posts always end with you calling people names dear chap. No need for that as its only a forum with differing opinions. Not sure you are NCFC but you do seem to enjoy posing negatives whilst others are trying to build something positive from what has been a rough season. I'm sure you will be posting exactly the same thing at five on Saturday even if we do perform or not.
Toothless on 16:51 - Mar 13 with 2946 viewsMullysplace1

Toothless on 16:49 - Mar 13 by britbiker

Why do your posts always end with you calling people names dear chap. No need for that as its only a forum with differing opinions. Not sure you are NCFC but you do seem to enjoy posing negatives whilst others are trying to build something positive from what has been a rough season. I'm sure you will be posting exactly the same thing at five on Saturday even if we do perform or not.

I only call people out if they accuse me of being a budgie. Why cant they just argue their case, instead of trying to make out lm something lm not?
Toothless on 16:58 - Mar 13 with 2929 viewsfooters

Toothless on 16:51 - Mar 13 by Mullysplace1

I only call people out if they accuse me of being a budgie. Why cant they just argue their case, instead of trying to make out lm something lm not?

Was the username Mullysplace already taken, which is why you had to be Mullysplace1? It seems awfully specific- could you enlighten us further?

A cursory search indicates that Mully is a recent film about a Kenyan philanthropist, and apparently the new name for the UCL basement bar- where I spent many a drunken afternoon as a yoof.

Please don’t take offence at this but you don’t strike me as a UCL alumnus — maybe archaeology? That course is the dumping ground for wannabe History readers. Just interested in the origins of your name, dear chap! Very interesting.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Toothless on 20:44 - Mar 13 with 2818 viewsPilgrimblue

Toothless on 10:44 - Mar 13 by davblue

Jackson's all round football ability is questionable.

His first touch isn't up to much and on occasions yesterday it took him out of decent positions.

Finishing isn't fantastic but that might also be down to confidence.

I'm not sure Jackson will ever be good enough. His control is very poor so doubt he's be any good above league 2. He has scored two good goals but would prefer if he got into better positions to score more.
Sears is better so I'm hoping that some of our younsters will step up next season.
Toothless on 21:23 - Mar 13 with 2793 viewsWhymarkmariner

Toothless on 12:51 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

With a bit of luck Div 1 soup is thick and lumpy so that some of our forks will be at least partially useful.

Let's hope several of them fork off at the end of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024