Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens with Donacien next season? 15:38 - Apr 16 with 3739 viewsMrTown

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/03/27/janoi-donacien-shares-paul-lamberts-messag

-- Has to be involved for me, League 1 experience. When he played for Town he looked fairly decent at right-back.
6 foot, athletic, versatile, experienced, ahead of Emmanuel at the moment. Has to be involved.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What happens with Donacien next season? on 15:44 - Apr 16 with 3697 viewsWD19

Can't see it. For whatever reason, Lambert appears to have made up his mind.
What happens with Donacien next season? on 15:45 - Apr 16 with 3686 viewsSteve_M

Released on a free or for a nominal fee.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What happens with Donacien next season? on 15:46 - Apr 16 with 3674 viewsKieran_Knows

What happens with Donacien next season? on 15:44 - Apr 16 by WD19

This. Suspect we'll lose a lot of money on him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:16 - Apr 16 with 3549 viewsmrshallisfit

Ground up for sausage meat?
What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:18 - Apr 16 with 3542 viewsTIB

Said he see's him more as a CB didn't he?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:22 - Apr 16 with 3515 viewsKieran_Knows

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:18 - Apr 16 by TIB

Said he see's him more as a CB didn't he?

His way of basically saying he doesn't rate him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:23 - Apr 16 with 3512 viewsbontcho

What happens with Donacien next season? on 15:45 - Apr 16 by Steve_M

Released on a free or for a nominal fee.

Has two years left on his deal so might be tough to shift. Perhaps another loan with a club picking up most his wages.

Lambert clearly doesn’t fancy him but I would have him as a utility back up across the defence.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:36 - Apr 16 with 3451 viewsjas0999

Doubt he will stay. nominal fee or another loan.
Login to get fewer ads

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:42 - Apr 16 with 3421 viewsWeWereZombies

He will have already played against a lot of our opponents next season, that will be useful. It does not sound like Lambert does not rate him, more that he did not think him ready for Championship football this season. New situation for him, and the rest of the squad, next August.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:47 - Apr 16 with 3396 viewsMrTown

Whilst i don't disagree, I think that'll be a really poor decision.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:49 - Apr 16 with 3376 viewsmonty_radio

That's a bit strange, isn't it? While football, at least on a website, is all about opinions, seldom has there been such a decisive difference between fans and manager when, in other respects, that manager's opinion is still held in high regard.

Many thought that we'd finally got that right-back, only to be told we hadn't. Not only so, but that Donacien was a "centre-back" - in contradiction to what his opening performance in that role here suggested to the watching masses.

I'm disappointed, not that a manager should hold a firm, contradicting opinion, but that, not really having witnessed the maturer Donacien in his right-back role, Lambert point blank tells us he's not going to re-visit it when we actually own him, and we don't currently own another assured right back.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:51 - Apr 16 with 3370 viewsMullet

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:49 - Apr 16 by monty_radio

That's a bit strange, isn't it? While football, at least on a website, is all about opinions, seldom has there been such a decisive difference between fans and manager when, in other respects, that manager's opinion is still held in high regard.

Many thought that we'd finally got that right-back, only to be told we hadn't. Not only so, but that Donacien was a "centre-back" - in contradiction to what his opening performance in that role here suggested to the watching masses.

I'm disappointed, not that a manager should hold a firm, contradicting opinion, but that, not really having witnessed the maturer Donacien in his right-back role, Lambert point blank tells us he's not going to re-visit it when we actually own him, and we don't currently own another assured right back.

Lambert did the same with Warnock at Villa - came in decided he wasn't for him and never gave him in a look in again.

You sense that when he's decided a player is a wrong'un he's done here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:53 - Apr 16 with 3362 viewsWeWereZombies

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:51 - Apr 16 by Mullet

Lambert did the same with Warnock at Villa - came in decided he wasn't for him and never gave him in a look in again.

You sense that when he's decided a player is a wrong'un he's done here.

So why did he go ahead with the permanent signing?

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:54 - Apr 16 with 3350 viewsMullet

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:53 - Apr 16 by WeWereZombies

I assume it was already in place, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be for things to have panned out this way.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What happens with Donacien next season? on 17:02 - Apr 16 with 3305 viewsWeWereZombies

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:54 - Apr 16 by Mullet

I assume it was already in place, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be for things to have panned out this way.

Perhaps, it is just that I cannot see Evans passing up an opportunity to save money and I would have though that the slightest hint that Lambert did not want the player would have given ME the excuse to find a way out of the deal.

What happens with Donacien next season? on 17:02 - Apr 16 with 3302 viewsmonty_radio

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:53 - Apr 16 by WeWereZombies

I don't think that he actually had the legal choice not to.

What happens with Donacien next season? on 17:04 - Apr 16 with 3298 viewsHorseboy

Likely to be another payment on the transfer fee in the summer as these are usually done in instalments
What happens with Donacien next season? on 17:34 - Apr 16 with 3218 viewsSteve_M

What happens with Donacien next season? on 16:49 - Apr 16 by monty_radio

Donacien had a few games were he was defensively really good, especially given since he struggled in his first couple of matches, but we didn't see anything much from him going forwards. Even Hurst didn't seem totally convinced about him given how many matches he didn't pick him at right back.

Lambert could have given him more of a chance but this isn't some horrendous blind spot here, we just overpaid massively for a League 2 player.

What happens with Donacien next season? (n/t) on 19:37 - Apr 16 with 2949 viewsmonty_radio

What happens with Donacien next season? on 17:34 - Apr 16 by Steve_M

Donacien had a few games were he was defensively really good, especially given since he struggled in his first couple of matches, but we didn't see anything much from him going forwards. Even Hurst didn't seem totally convinced about him given how many matches he didn't pick him at right back.

Lambert could have given him more of a chance but this isn't some horrendous blind spot here, we just overpaid massively for a League 2 player.

Maybe
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 19:38]

What happens with Donacien next season? on 19:43 - Apr 16 with 2926 viewsGlasgowBlue

What happens with Donacien next season? on 17:34 - Apr 16 by Steve_M

This is one of the few black marks that I'd give Lambert. He had every opportunity to play him in the cup game at Accrington. When he didn't even make the squad it was obvious he wasn't going to get a chance.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What happens with Donacien next season? on 07:51 - Apr 17 with 2618 viewsWestcountryblue

Personally, i'd keep him next season, but not as a starter.

His versatility to play across the back 4 would come in handy and he has a decent amount of experience in League One. A useful player to have if the likes of Emmanuel are having a wobble in form.
What happens with Donacien next season? on 08:07 - Apr 17 with 2580 viewsSteve_M

What happens with Donacien next season? on 19:43 - Apr 16 by GlasgowBlue

This is one of the few black marks that I'd give Lambert. He had every opportunity to play him in the cup game at Accrington. When he didn't even make the squad it was obvious he wasn't going to get a chance.

Maybe if we were playing well then it becomes a nice gesture to the player, we weren't though. I'm far more critical of the mess made of the left back position by PL (not aided much by Jonas and his agent) that definitely cost us points.

What happens with Donacien next season? on 10:44 - Apr 17 with 2404 viewsitfcjoe

I just don't get it with JD, I'd definitely have him back here competing with Emmanuel for the RB spot

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What happens with Donacien next season? on 12:28 - Apr 17 with 2314 viewsVaughan8

What an absolute waste of money. I can see us getting rid for practically nothing.

Surely he's worth another look in the summer though?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024