Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder 16:35 - Jul 27 with 2581 viewsSWGF

Doing everything that would've been asked of him. Getting stuck in, winning the ball, driving forward, spraying passes. It really was a "midfield general" performance. Playing way beyond his years.

But there's no excuse for the red mist. Yes, get up and push your chest into the other chap if you must. But a full-on headbutt is naive. As has been said elsewhere, he'll be targeted by older/wiser players, looking for that reaction. It's where Skuse/Chambers
/Judge will need to be in his ear.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 16:46]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 16:38 - Jul 27 with 2220 viewstextbackup

ignoring the red...... was his performance today better than anything you've seen skuse do in 4/5 years?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 16:40 - Jul 27 with 2212 viewsReuser_is_God

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 16:38 - Jul 27 by textbackup

ignoring the red...... was his performance today better than anything you've seen skuse do in 4/5 years?

Kevin Foley against Forest a few years back was better than anything we’ve seen from a Skuse.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:01 - Jul 27 with 2095 views3_5_2

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 16:38 - Jul 27 by textbackup

I am a Skuse fan but have to say that if Downes plays like he did today (pre red mist) he could step in that role if we play one DM

Given the issues we have at CB for at least a month or so, I think we will be playing 2 DM anyway

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:07 - Jul 27 with 2068 viewsDarth_Koont

When you say full-on headbutt do you mean there was contact or he really stepped into it?

If so, I don't think he should play next week as an ITFC disciplinary matter. We can't be having that - and that's probably even a police matter.

Pronouns: He/Him

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:11 - Jul 27 with 2050 viewsitfcjoe

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:07 - Jul 27 by Darth_Koont

When you say full-on headbutt do you mean there was contact or he really stepped into it?

If so, I don't think he should play next week as an ITFC disciplinary matter. We can't be having that - and that's probably even a police matter.

Come on....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:16 - Jul 27 with 2019 viewsDarth_Koont

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:11 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

Come on....

What do you mean? You've got to draw the line somewhere and without having seen it a "full-on headbutt" is certainly over that line.

If it was the footballer version of head nudging then that's fair enough. But anyone who's properly head butted someone needs to be disciplined.

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:21 - Jul 27 with 1996 viewsReuser_is_God

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:07 - Jul 27 by Darth_Koont

Snowflake.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:27 - Jul 27 with 1963 viewsBluefish

A bit desperate that mate

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:28 - Jul 27 with 1970 viewsJeff_winger

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:16 - Jul 27 by Darth_Koont

What do you mean? You've got to draw the line somewhere and without having seen it a "full-on headbutt" is certainly over that line.

If it was the footballer version of head nudging then that's fair enough. But anyone who's properly head butted someone needs to be disciplined.

Here it is
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1381511955438339?view=permalink&id=236215699070715
Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:36 - Jul 27 with 1931 viewsitfcjoe

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:16 - Jul 27 by Darth_Koont

There’s a difference between drawing a line, and maybe fining him, and it being a police matter

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:40 - Jul 27 with 1903 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quality player. He's certainly good enough to move straight back into the Championship.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 19:04 - Jul 27 with 1844 viewsDarth_Koont

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:36 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

There’s a difference between drawing a line, and maybe fining him, and it being a police matter

Of course. But a proper headbutt is GBH. A little ding is still unacceptable which is where you discipline the player, because even the usual footballer head-rubbing is just stupid.

Depends on the incident. But I'm not happy sweeping a "full-on headbutt" under the rug.

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 19:08 - Jul 27 with 1819 viewsWD19

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 19:04 - Jul 27 by Darth_Koont

Of course. But a proper headbutt is GBH. A little ding is still unacceptable which is where you discipline the player, because even the usual footballer head-rubbing is just stupid.

Depends on the incident. But I'm not happy sweeping a "full-on headbutt" under the rug.

What about a filthy attempt to break someone’s ankle. Is that gbh?

Is a broken ankle more or less serious than a broken nose?

Asking for a friend....
Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 19:16 - Jul 27 with 1798 viewsmoughm

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 19:23 - Jul 27 with 1773 viewsGarv

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 19:08 - Jul 27 by WD19

What about a filthy attempt to break someone’s ankle. Is that gbh?

Is a broken ankle more or less serious than a broken nose?

Asking for a friend....

Can you genuinely claim the tackle was more of an attempt to hurt the opponent than the headbutt was?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 19:33 - Jul 27 with 1752 viewsSwansea_Blue

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 19:16 - Jul 27 by moughm

Agree with SW. He was a shining light in a desert of crapness last season for me. He’s a very tidy player (too good for L1).

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 19:38 - Jul 27 with 1737 viewsMalcolmBlue

The camera was at the other side of the pitch but to give Downes his credit it looked like one hell of a headbutt...crunch...get in son!

Hope the Cambridge guy got his nose broke.

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 19:51 - Jul 27 with 1685 viewsSwansea_Blue

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 19:38 - Jul 27 by MalcolmBlue

The camera was at the other side of the pitch but to give Downes his credit it looked like one hell of a headbutt...crunch...get in son!

Hope the Cambridge guy got his nose broke.

That’s nice 😂

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 00:45 - Jul 28 with 1444 viewsStNeotsBlue

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 16:40 - Jul 27 by Reuser_is_God

Kevin Foley against Forest a few years back was better than anything we’ve seen from a Skuse.

Foley kept it so simple that game, give and go lovely triangles. I'm not Skuse sceptic but I find him frustrating, too often he'll play a lovely ball and then hold his line when a 10 yard run would have potentially opened things up.
Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 07:54 - Jul 28 with 1315 viewsKeaneish

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 00:45 - Jul 28 by StNeotsBlue

Foley kept it so simple that game, give and go lovely triangles. I'm not Skuse sceptic but I find him frustrating, too often he'll play a lovely ball and then hold his line when a 10 yard run would have potentially opened things up.

Skuse has been too pedestrian for many a season now and it’s a debate that’s raged on here for years. Has good qualities but never quite managed to hit the heights to take us and his game to the next level. The drive and determination Downes showed today with his strength and quality are what we’ve needed from a CM / DM for years. Great desire and tenacity which hopefully will set the tone in many games to come.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 07:59 - Jul 28 with 1309 viewstextbackup

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 18:27 - Jul 27 by Bluefish

A bit desperate that mate

im a skuse fan, but I wondered if there was more than just a tackle and a sideways pass.
that's all

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 08:00 - Jul 28 with 1308 viewstextbackup

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 19:04 - Jul 27 by Darth_Koont

didn't even draw blood you ponce

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 08:09 - Jul 28 with 1284 viewsartsbossbeard

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 07:54 - Jul 28 by Keaneish

Skuse has been too pedestrian for many a season now and it’s a debate that’s raged on here for years. Has good qualities but never quite managed to hit the heights to take us and his game to the next level. The drive and determination Downes showed today with his strength and quality are what we’ve needed from a CM / DM for years. Great desire and tenacity which hopefully will set the tone in many games to come.

"raged".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 08:09 - Jul 28 with 1286 viewsKeaneish

Its funny the reaction it draws in football though whereas in Rugby it's deemed completely acceptable. Any dangerous behaviour puts 'gentlemen' in the sin bin but in football it gives 'thugs' multiple game ban in football.

Think its time to realise they're bth competitive contact sports played by passionate platers with ambition and human emotion and to to put them on a level playing field irrelevant of the type of contact the sport dictates.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 08:11 - Jul 28 with 1275 viewsBluefish

Before the incident, Downes was by far and away our best midfielder on 07:59 - Jul 28 by textbackup

im a skuse fan, but I wondered if there was more than just a tackle and a sideways pass.
that's all

Skuse does (can do) so much more than that, he reads the game beautifully, he wins in the air and he takes the ball on in the tightest of areas. Yes he could look to do more with it at times but he is a very very good player. I sometimes think he plays it safe because he realises that his team mates are just not comfortable under pressure. He is far better with Bishop next to him (or would be with Huws and Judge) because they are also happy to take the ball under pressure and can buy time on it. He also has a superb timing and technique despite the lack of goal return.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024