Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A bad day for the Tories yesterday 08:28 - Nov 6 with 7898 viewsitfcjoe

- Alun Cairns - Cabinet Minister
Had denied he had any knowledge that one of his aides had sabotaged a rape trial. letter leaked showing he had knowledge of it and ignored it

- Jacob Rees-Mogg - leader of the Commons
Says people that died in grenfell should have shown more 'common sense, later has to apologise

- Andrew Bridgen
Defends Rees-Mogg and says he is cleverer than those who died in Grenfell. Has to apologise this morning

- Russia report
Quashed until after GE, a gift to the opposition

- 200,000 affordable new houses promised - report shows not even 1 built

- Keir Starmer video Doctored
CCHQ tweets, and Johnson RTs a video of an interview with Piers Morgan and Doctors the end saying he couldn't answer when he could. Video taken down, but James Cleverly on GMB this morning defending it and getting laid into by Piers Morgan

There was probably more, but a lot of stuff int here which will be used against them throughout the campaign, a real disaster of a day.

Today, the PM launches his campaign comparing Corbyn to Stalin, using the exact same quote he used about Gordon brown when he put tax rate up to 50p in 2009.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:33]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 08:33 - Nov 6 with 3755 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, but Corbyn

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 08:35 - Nov 6 with 3745 viewsitfcjoe

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 08:33 - Nov 6 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, but Corbyn

That seems to be literally there only policy to attack Corbyn, have they learned nothing from 2017?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 08:37 - Nov 6 with 3739 viewsartsbossbeard

Also, the sickness that is Universal Credit has raised it's ugly head too.

ASA banning a DWP advert re: "untruths".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-50304322

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 08:38 - Nov 6 with 3728 viewsSwansea_Blue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 08:35 - Nov 6 by itfcjoe

That seems to be literally there only policy to attack Corbyn, have they learned nothing from 2017?

Hopefully not!

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 08:41 - Nov 6 with 3708 viewsBackToRussia

Ironically doctoring video for propaganda is just what Stalin would do.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 08:41 - Nov 6 with 3708 viewsSwansea_Blue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 08:37 - Nov 6 by artsbossbeard

Also, the sickness that is Universal Credit has raised it's ugly head too.

ASA banning a DWP advert re: "untruths".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-50304322

They are simply incapable of telling the truth. Anyone thinking of voting for them needs their head looking at.

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 08:50 - Nov 6 with 3684 viewsHerbivore

The worst of it is that none of it will matter at all. About a quarter of the population would vote for Gary Glitter if he wore a blue rosette and the Tories control so much of the press that they can usually ensure another 10% or more of the population will be convinced to vote for them. None of those stories will be lead stories in any of the right leaning print media, if they are reported at all they'll be buried deep inside the paper where it'll get skimmed over by readers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:27 - Nov 6 with 3622 viewsBlueBadger

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 08:41 - Nov 6 by Swansea_Blue

They are simply incapable of telling the truth. Anyone thinking of voting for them needs their head looking at.

One lass on my FB feed is alternately spamming 'I stand with the firefighters' memes and then 'I'm backing Boris' memes.
Despite more than one person pointing out who it was who cut London fire services drastically in the first place.
And being related to a London firefighter.
Some people are just too thick to live.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 9:37]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:31 - Nov 6 with 3608 viewsHerbivore

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:27 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

One lass on my FB feed is alternately spamming 'I stand with the firefighters' memes and then 'I'm backing Boris' memes.
Despite more than one person pointing out who it was who cut London fire services drastically in the first place.
And being related to a London firefighter.
Some people are just too thick to live.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 9:37]

What can you even do against that level of cognitive dissonance?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:34 - Nov 6 with 3592 viewsSteve_M

You missed that the Cabinet Secretary stopped the Treasury publishing a completely unbiased assessment of Labour's spending plans. The same Treasury that hasn't managed to prepare an Impact Assessment on the Prime Minister's Brexit deal.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:38 - Nov 6 with 3565 viewseireblue

On the russia report, I suspect that maybe calculated.

People determined to get Brexit done, probably won’t care if Russia tried to influence the referendum.

But now every time it is mentioned, it gives a reason for the Tories to say yes but Jeremy sided with Putin when it came to actual harmful actions.
A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:46 - Nov 6 with 3535 viewsSteve_M

So bad that they pulled James Cleverley from a Sky interview despite him actually turning up:

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:48 - Nov 6 with 3523 viewsgiant_stow

Proof that money can't buy talent. They're a joke - I'd love to hear from a tory supporter on what they make of all this, but they seem to be keeping their heads down on here at the mo.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:49 - Nov 6 with 3523 viewsBlueBadger

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:46 - Nov 6 by Steve_M

So bad that they pulled James Cleverley from a Sky interview despite him actually turning up:

Imagine being so cowardly and incompetent that you run away from an interviewer as thick as Burley.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:51 - Nov 6 with 3511 viewsgiant_stow

Laughing stock

Edit just watched it - ouch ouch ouch!!!
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:10]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 10:03 - Nov 6 with 3472 viewsHerbivore

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:48 - Nov 6 by giant_stow

Proof that money can't buy talent. They're a joke - I'd love to hear from a tory supporter on what they make of all this, but they seem to be keeping their heads down on here at the mo.

The "shy" Tory is being replaced by the "embarrassed, out of excuses, but too indoctrinated to do any different" Tory.

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 10:04 - Nov 6 with 3470 viewsSwansea_Blue

Every day you think they’ve reached peak ridiculous, but then the next day they exceed expectations.

The real news being buried by all this is, of course, what is in the Russian election interference report that they’re so desperate to bury just before an election.

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 10:10 - Nov 6 with 3446 viewsHerbivore

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 10:04 - Nov 6 by Swansea_Blue

Every day you think they’ve reached peak ridiculous, but then the next day they exceed expectations.

The real news being buried by all this is, of course, what is in the Russian election interference report that they’re so desperate to bury just before an election.

I occasionally feel a bit sorry for the incredibly misnamed James Cleverly. He gets wheeled out whenever the Tories have embarrassed themselves as he seems too dim to understand what a numpty he looks defending the indefensible with a smile on his face. Then I remember he gets paid to do this and people's lives are at stake, he can rot with the rest of them.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:28]

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 10:16 - Nov 6 with 3418 viewsartsbossbeard

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 10:04 - Nov 6 by Swansea_Blue

This is all self inflicted damage and you've got to expect the nasty party to, well, play nasty.

Expect some trawling of some labour candidates social media from years back where he/she had made a crass statement to come to light shortly.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 10:17 - Nov 6 with 3411 viewsSwansea_Blue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:51 - Nov 6 by giant_stow

Laughing stock

Edit just watched it - ouch ouch ouch!!!
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:10]

What do you get if you boil a funny bone?

Laughing stock

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 10:26 - Nov 6 with 3390 viewsBrixtonBlue

It was 200,000 homes by the way. You got the number they built right though.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 10:33 - Nov 6 with 3373 viewsitfcjoe

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 10:26 - Nov 6 by BrixtonBlue

It was 200,000 homes by the way. You got the number they built right though.

Edited for accuracy - cheers for heads up

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:21 - Nov 6 with 3322 viewsGlasgowBlue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 10:16 - Nov 6 by artsbossbeard

This is all self inflicted damage and you've got to expect the nasty party to, well, play nasty.

Expect some trawling of some labour candidates social media from years back where he/she had made a crass statement to come to light shortly.

Getting your excuses in early? You are the Paul Hurst of TWTD.

It seems you have already been briefed on how to deal with labour candidates with unsavoury views. By my reckoning that’s 4 who have been quietly dropped this week alone fir things ranging from rabid antisemitism to assaulting pregnant women.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 11:23]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:26 - Nov 6 with 3310 viewsBrixtonBlue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:21 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

Getting your excuses in early? You are the Paul Hurst of TWTD.

It seems you have already been briefed on how to deal with labour candidates with unsavoury views. By my reckoning that’s 4 who have been quietly dropped this week alone fir things ranging from rabid antisemitism to assaulting pregnant women.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 11:23]

Interesting that you come into this thread and immediately ignore everything in the OP (and most of the rest of the thread, frankly) and go straight for what's happening with Labour.

You're the king of whatabouterry (in that the king's allowed to do it but no-one else is).

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:33 - Nov 6 with 3294 viewsSteve_M

Oh yes, they've also put rape apologist Nick Conrad forward as a PPC in Norfolk:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-50287453

https://www.theguardian.com/media/media-blog/2014/nov/19/ched-evans-rape-nick-co

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024