Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having 10:56 - Dec 8 with 1614 viewscarlisleaway

one of the biggest squads in the league. If so where would you strengthen the team if you could only bring in two players.....
Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 11:02 - Dec 8 with 1579 viewsWallingford_Boy

Left back and striker.

With a right back on loan.

RIP Sir Bobby

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 11:06 - Dec 8 with 1577 viewsGuthrum

Winger and winger. Or LB and winger if Garbutt is moved forward.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 11:10 - Dec 8 with 1569 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd be happy with just Ward if Sears returns without issue.

As i'm allowed two picks though, a decent LB would be good.

I'd also be ok wih Norris going back and getting someone in to back up Holy. Holy has impressed me and rotating the keepers is something I hate. Holy could be our number one for years. I'd rather we didn't rotate him with a loanee.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 11:27 - Dec 8 with 1534 viewsITFC_Forever

He won’t - we’ve already seen that before.

And he won’t in the summer, even if we go up. He can’t / won’t spend the money to allow us to compete in the Champ. Being in a big fish in L1 suits him.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 12:09 - Dec 8 with 1470 viewsHerbivore

We're quite restricted in what we can do. We have a big wage bill for this level and there are restrictions on what we can spend. I think we might have to sell to buy. I'd like a left back in to free Garbutt up to play higher up the pitch. I think other than that the squad should be okay with players we've got coming back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 12:20 - Dec 8 with 1459 viewsSomethingBlue

We are weak out wide so I'd look for a winger/wide forward, probably with a bit of wheeling & dealing ie Georgiou going back. That said, I'm one of those who does *not* think it is a cardinal sin to play Sears out wide and if he comes back with a semblance of his old speed he might do a job.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 12:24 - Dec 8 with 1437 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 11:27 - Dec 8 by ITFC_Forever

And he won’t in the summer, even if we go up. He can’t / won’t spend the money to allow us to compete in the Champ. Being in a big fish in L1 suits him.

He certainly backed Lambert in the summer in my opinion to go back up to the champ so i don't see this suiting him at all. We held on to our best players and brought in real quality in KVY, Garbett and Keane (probably our highest earner i would think). Georgiou is also a good addition and then just good business with holy and Wilson. He's carrying a big squad and wage bill.

I wouldn't like us to increase the numbers but look at a bit if wheeling a and dealing where we can increase the quality. If we can replace with better or where we need other positions i'd look at offloading Roberts. I was open to Donacian if say we could get Ng. Donacian has proved a useful squad player though.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 12:30 - Dec 8 with 1412 viewsfactual_blue

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 12:20 - Dec 8 by SomethingBlue

We are weak out wide so I'd look for a winger/wide forward, probably with a bit of wheeling & dealing ie Georgiou going back. That said, I'm one of those who does *not* think it is a cardinal sin to play Sears out wide and if he comes back with a semblance of his old speed he might do a job.

Adam Proudlock. He was quite a wide forward.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 12:36 - Dec 8 with 1402 viewsBluefish

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 11:27 - Dec 8 by ITFC_Forever

Such a poor comment based on emotion and ignoring reality. He has absolutely bank rolled PRP sp far. He had the most expensive weekly wage bill in our history and then wasn't forced to sell anyone after relegation. It is cheap to say ME had settled for L1

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 13:24 - Dec 8 with 1314 viewsOsborneOneNil

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 11:10 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

I'd be happy with just Ward if Sears returns without issue.

As i'm allowed two picks though, a decent LB would be good.

I'd also be ok wih Norris going back and getting someone in to back up Holy. Holy has impressed me and rotating the keepers is something I hate. Holy could be our number one for years. I'd rather we didn't rotate him with a loanee.

You do remember how bang average Ward was/is, don’t you?
Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 14:16 - Dec 8 with 1243 viewsActionMan

It's the same with Mick in that at times we had record numbers on the books, like in 2016/17 but you can't match quality with quantity and we're mostly bang average in most positions for this division.

As for the Evans question, no, he won't, he didn't really back Lambert with real money when we still had a shot of staying in the Championship this time last year. We were a few points from safety in the weakest Championship by standard we ever saw and we got loans and Judge on the cheap. If he wasn't that committed to keeping us up and not losing all that money then, why would he be interested in spending to go up now?

Evans is comfortable for the club to cost him a bit of money each year but isn't interested in success because that'd cost him more he's worth. The way things are going we'll likely stay down, not win the "mickey mouse" EFL Trophy and he'll just cut the budget for next season in line with the losses, sell key players such as Dowens and say we were competitive so he didn't need to invest more. We've seen it all before.
Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 14:42 - Dec 8 with 1215 viewsJ2BLUE

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 13:24 - Dec 8 by OsborneOneNil

You do remember how bang average Ward was/is, don’t you?

You do remember we are in league one and bang average players suddenly look fairly useful?

Truly impaired.

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 14:44 - Dec 8 with 1209 viewsHerbivore

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 14:16 - Dec 8 by ActionMan

It's the same with Mick in that at times we had record numbers on the books, like in 2016/17 but you can't match quality with quantity and we're mostly bang average in most positions for this division.

As for the Evans question, no, he won't, he didn't really back Lambert with real money when we still had a shot of staying in the Championship this time last year. We were a few points from safety in the weakest Championship by standard we ever saw and we got loans and Judge on the cheap. If he wasn't that committed to keeping us up and not losing all that money then, why would he be interested in spending to go up now?

Evans is comfortable for the club to cost him a bit of money each year but isn't interested in success because that'd cost him more he's worth. The way things are going we'll likely stay down, not win the "mickey mouse" EFL Trophy and he'll just cut the budget for next season in line with the losses, sell key players such as Dowens and say we were competitive so he didn't need to invest more. We've seen it all before.

You're a real glass half full kinda guy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 15:01 - Dec 8 with 1173 viewsBLUEBEAT

I expect a loan in the LB position, using funds currently covering the young Spurs lad who will probably go back.

Along with this, I expect a standard Marcus Evans statement along the lines of not selling the core of the team to ensure a solid promotion fight to the end of season. The get-out clause here being we no longer have a core to the team due to the rotation policy.

Poll: W or W

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 15:45 - Dec 8 with 1110 viewshampstead_blue

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 11:02 - Dec 8 by Wallingford_Boy

Left back and striker.

With a right back on loan.

Is LG more of a winger?
Maybe he's the next Bale!!!!!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 16:18 - Dec 8 with 1077 viewsJ2BLUE

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 15:01 - Dec 8 by BLUEBEAT

I expect a loan in the LB position, using funds currently covering the young Spurs lad who will probably go back.

Along with this, I expect a standard Marcus Evans statement along the lines of not selling the core of the team to ensure a solid promotion fight to the end of season. The get-out clause here being we no longer have a core to the team due to the rotation policy.

It wouldn't be too difficult to work out that meant KVY, Woolf and Downes

Truly impaired.

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 20:12 - Dec 8 with 934 viewsITFC_Forever

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 12:24 - Dec 8 by Terry_Nutkins

He certainly backed Lambert in the summer in my opinion to go back up to the champ so i don't see this suiting him at all. We held on to our best players and brought in real quality in KVY, Garbett and Keane (probably our highest earner i would think). Georgiou is also a good addition and then just good business with holy and Wilson. He's carrying a big squad and wage bill.

I wouldn't like us to increase the numbers but look at a bit if wheeling a and dealing where we can increase the quality. If we can replace with better or where we need other positions i'd look at offloading Roberts. I was open to Donacian if say we could get Ng. Donacian has proved a useful squad player though.

He only signed KVY after Lambert moaned about the quality of the squad, that he hadn’t been able to invest in the squad and something needed to be done to give us a chance.

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 20:14 - Dec 8 with 924 viewsITFC_Forever

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 12:36 - Dec 8 by Bluefish

Such a poor comment based on emotion and ignoring reality. He has absolutely bank rolled PRP sp far. He had the most expensive weekly wage bill in our history and then wasn't forced to sell anyone after relegation. It is cheap to say ME had settled for L1

That’s more a measure of how hard it is to compete in the Champ, and not necessarily meant as a direct criticism of ME.

We spent 108% of our turnover to come last last season. ME can’t or won’t spend the money to make us competitive in the Champ. Nothing will change.

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 20:40 - Dec 8 with 883 viewsBluefish

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 20:14 - Dec 8 by ITFC_Forever

That’s more a measure of how hard it is to compete in the Champ, and not necessarily meant as a direct criticism of ME.

We spent 108% of our turnover to come last last season. ME can’t or won’t spend the money to make us competitive in the Champ. Nothing will change.

How much does it take? How much have Derby spent? Or Wednesday or Forest during their time? We were consistently competitive but our fans wanted something else. Just like Wycombe and Coventry fans deciding they aren't happy and wanting to see different football and the impact that would have

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 21:00 - Dec 8 with 865 viewsITFC_Forever

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 20:40 - Dec 8 by Bluefish

How much does it take? How much have Derby spent? Or Wednesday or Forest during their time? We were consistently competitive but our fans wanted something else. Just like Wycombe and Coventry fans deciding they aren't happy and wanting to see different football and the impact that would have

How much does it take?

Far more than we will spend. As I said, that’s not necessarily a dig at ME, but the state of football in general.

Having one shot at goal per game at best isn’t really being competitive.

L1 suits ITFC for the size of club we now are. Not necessarily the size of club we have been in the past. They are two different things.

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 21:47 - Dec 8 with 817 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 20:12 - Dec 8 by ITFC_Forever

He only signed KVY after Lambert moaned about the quality of the squad, that he hadn’t been able to invest in the squad and something needed to be done to give us a chance.

Yes so he backed him no? And he got him Keane which i'm sure is a big cost in wages.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 21:59 - Dec 8 with 802 viewsBluefish

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 21:00 - Dec 8 by ITFC_Forever

How much does it take?

Far more than we will spend. As I said, that’s not necessarily a dig at ME, but the state of football in general.

Having one shot at goal per game at best isn’t really being competitive.

L1 suits ITFC for the size of club we now are. Not necessarily the size of club we have been in the past. They are two different things.

I spent a year telling you that and you said you grew up with a top flight team and so we should be competitive for that or the manager should be abused

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 23:11 - Dec 8 with 756 viewsActionMan

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 14:44 - Dec 8 by Herbivore

You're a real glass half full kinda guy.

Evans simply doesn't have the resources to own a football club of any stature. We were bought for a quick profit and now that's never going to happen we're the unwanted stepchild of his business. It's a mess, it's an absolute mess.
Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 23:19 - Dec 8 with 748 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Will ME spend money in January or do you think he has backed the club by having on 23:11 - Dec 8 by ActionMan

Evans simply doesn't have the resources to own a football club of any stature. We were bought for a quick profit and now that's never going to happen we're the unwanted stepchild of his business. It's a mess, it's an absolute mess.

Perhaps you should be thankful he is willing to be the caring step-parent he promised to be until a richer step-parent asks to adopt us then.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024