Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From our current squad who should PL look to offload? 08:24 - Dec 17 with 3357 viewsChrisd

Our squad can afford to be streamlined, is extremely bloated and that's part of the problem for me in terms of selection, but in 'your' view who should PL look to overload?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 08:29 - Dec 17 with 2908 viewsBluefish

Hard to answer as we have no idea which formation he would like to play but probably

Edwards because he is awful
Nsiala because he is going to improve without playing
Huws because he is too good/expensive no to play
Rowe because he doesn't seem to be trusted or fit the current system
Georgiou as above
Judge too expensive to not play and needs a team built around him
Donacien doesn't seem to be trusted
Roberts as above

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 08:29 - Dec 17 with 2897 viewsHerbivore

Think Folami and Morris should go out on loan. Roberts can go permanently, good guy who has served his purpose but he's not troubling the first team here. I think we have too many CMs but not sure which one I'd be happy to let go. If someone offers money for Judge I'd take it.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 8:31]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 08:30 - Dec 17 with 2925 viewsBig_Jase

Roberts, Edwards, Nsiala & send back Georgiou.

Controversially I would be happy to cut ties with Emyr Huws as well.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 09:56 - Dec 17 with 2742 viewsr2d2

Any of them if he can get a good price. None are particularly worth keeping. Apart from maybe Downes and KVY. But then, they are probably the only 2 worth anything anyway.
From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 09:57 - Dec 17 with 2737 viewschicoazul

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 08:30 - Dec 17 by Big_Jase

Roberts, Edwards, Nsiala & send back Georgiou.

Controversially I would be happy to cut ties with Emyr Huws as well.

Strongly suspect you will have your wish this summer.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 10:04 - Dec 17 with 2721 viewschicoazul

It's more a question of who he should keep. And it depends on if we go up or not.

The only players I think we should definitely hang on to if we can are Jackson Woolf Downes Dozzell KVY Holy Chambers Skuse Norwood and the young ones who are bubbling around like Morris, El Miz etc. Depending on his state post injury Nydam too, and maybe Bish (although I think he ois under contract anyway). Everyone else can go for all I care.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 10:35 - Dec 17 with 2697 viewsRadlett_blue

January won't be the time for reshaping the squad. Hopefully Lambert can identify where we need to strengthen to make the difference between going up or not. I would not expect any major sales, maybe one or two peripheral players going out on loan.
Georghiou will almost certainly be recalled. I think it's dumb not to have given him more game time, especially at home where we struggle to break down defences.
Norris could be recalled by Wolves. Then we will want another experienced keeper or recall Bart (far more likely Bart will be sold as Evans will want him off the wage bill permanently). I wish Lambert would decide if Holy or Norris is #1.
Not sure who is out of contract in the summer, but that could influence some more disposals.
Yet again, we seem to have made the wrong call in keeping Judge rather than selling him to QPR. Doubt they'd pay much for him now
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 15:23]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 10:36 - Dec 17 with 2696 viewsChrisd

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 10:04 - Dec 17 by chicoazul

It's more a question of who he should keep. And it depends on if we go up or not.

The only players I think we should definitely hang on to if we can are Jackson Woolf Downes Dozzell KVY Holy Chambers Skuse Norwood and the young ones who are bubbling around like Morris, El Miz etc. Depending on his state post injury Nydam too, and maybe Bish (although I think he ois under contract anyway). Everyone else can go for all I care.

If PL trimmed down the fat, I personally feel it would make his job in selecting the team a lot easier. Someone said earlier that we have too many CMs, we do it's ludicrous. I feel PL tries to then shoehorn in some of those players in positions alien to them and wonder why we struggle to keep our shape. Keep it simple, round pegs in round holes. I appreciate hindsight is a wonderful thing, but he'd have been better with a smaller squad of players to select from at the beginning of the season to restrict his choices. The rotation policy has proved a complete balls up, if we're being honest PL has used that purely to keep squad players happy, nothing more.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 11:15 - Dec 17 with 2622 viewssoclopath

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 10:36 - Dec 17 by Chrisd

If PL trimmed down the fat, I personally feel it would make his job in selecting the team a lot easier. Someone said earlier that we have too many CMs, we do it's ludicrous. I feel PL tries to then shoehorn in some of those players in positions alien to them and wonder why we struggle to keep our shape. Keep it simple, round pegs in round holes. I appreciate hindsight is a wonderful thing, but he'd have been better with a smaller squad of players to select from at the beginning of the season to restrict his choices. The rotation policy has proved a complete balls up, if we're being honest PL has used that purely to keep squad players happy, nothing more.

It's pointless trying to keep a large squad happy,and not those who pay good Monet to watch them play.
From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 11:37 - Dec 17 with 2579 viewsWeWereZombies

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 11:15 - Dec 17 by soclopath

It's pointless trying to keep a large squad happy,and not those who pay good Monet to watch them play.

Sorry to Pissaro on your chips but what is the pointillist of paying Monet, we should sign that Manet from Liverpool and see how Sisley he could be fitted into the squad...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 12:00 - Dec 17 with 2509 viewsTheDailyTractor

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 09:56 - Dec 17 by r2d2

Any of them if he can get a good price. None are particularly worth keeping. Apart from maybe Downes and KVY. But then, they are probably the only 2 worth anything anyway.

Woolfenden worth just as much as those 2 in my opinion and would be one I'd like us to keep hold of for as long as possible. If/when he is sold it should be for what Bristol City sold Webster for and nothing less.
From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 12:49 - Dec 17 with 2416 viewshaynes_toe1

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 12:00 - Dec 17 by TheDailyTractor

Woolfenden worth just as much as those 2 in my opinion and would be one I'd like us to keep hold of for as long as possible. If/when he is sold it should be for what Bristol City sold Webster for and nothing less.

What planet are people on. These are players performing 'well', not even 'exceptionally' in the third tier of English football. Yet apparently Woolf should be sold for £20m?! Absolute insanity.
From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:00 - Dec 17 with 2234 viewsHARRY10

Players out of contract next June

Skuse
Chambers
Rowe
Keane
Edwards
Roberts
Donacien
Dozell
Woolfenden
Wright

We may have contract options on some, but how many of the above will be 'up to it' in the Championship if we go up ?

My thought is that we should throw everything we have got at getting out of L1 while we are in this position (2nd), as there is no telling what the following season's squad will be like given the above.
From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:05 - Dec 17 with 2224 viewsSomethingBlue

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 08:29 - Dec 17 by Bluefish

Hard to answer as we have no idea which formation he would like to play but probably

Edwards because he is awful
Nsiala because he is going to improve without playing
Huws because he is too good/expensive no to play
Rowe because he doesn't seem to be trusted or fit the current system
Georgiou as above
Judge too expensive to not play and needs a team built around him
Donacien doesn't seem to be trusted
Roberts as above

Rowe just isn't quite good enough, never really seen anything there.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:13 - Dec 17 with 2209 viewsDubtractor

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:05 - Dec 17 by SomethingBlue

I'm with you on that.

No great criticism of him really as it was a big ask to jump from the conference.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:15 - Dec 17 with 2193 viewsjeera

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 11:15 - Dec 17 by soclopath

Hard to disagree.

'Tis a fair picture you paint there.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:21 - Dec 17 with 2174 viewsBluefish

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:05 - Dec 17 by SomethingBlue

He has had some sparks and there is definitely a player there, prob motm first game this season. Also had an impact at Lincoln

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:53 - Dec 17 with 2126 viewsPJH

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:00 - Dec 17 by HARRY10

Skuse
Chambers
Rowe
Keane
Edwards
Roberts
Donacien
Dozell
Woolfenden
Wright

We may have contract options on some, but how many of the above will be 'up to it' in the Championship if we go up ?

My thought is that we should throw everything we have got at getting out of L1 while we are in this position (2nd), as there is no telling what the following season's squad will be like given the above.

I think that there are a few discrepancies on your list.

Woolfenden is contracted until June 2022.
Chambers,Donacien and Wright until June 2021.
From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:56 - Dec 17 with 2115 viewsHARRY10

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:53 - Dec 17 by PJH

I think that there are a few discrepancies on your list.

Woolfenden is contracted until June 2022.
Chambers,Donacien and Wright until June 2021.

'discrepancies'

huge mistakes, more like

apologies to all
From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 20:00 - Dec 17 with 2109 viewsRadlett_blue

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:00 - Dec 17 by HARRY10

Skuse
Chambers
Rowe
Keane
Edwards
Roberts
Donacien
Dozell
Woolfenden
Wright

Given that Evans is only prepared to lose £5m or so each year, we'll need a couple of decent sales in the summer to keep losses down. Given the way we're playing, it's hard to see us doing anything other than struggle if we do go up. At best, we've become a yoyo club between the 2nd & 3rd tiers.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 21:36 - Dec 17 with 2012 viewsWeWereZombies

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 19:15 - Dec 17 by jeera

Hard to disagree.

'Tis a fair picture you paint there.

When I read your post impressionism I got was most of our squad could Whistler for chance elsewhere. But for confirmation I thought it best to ask a Princess Royal, 'Don't think any of them are up to Championship level' Sez Anne...

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 21:46 - Dec 17 with 2009 viewsjeera

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 21:36 - Dec 17 by WeWereZombies

When I read your post impressionism I got was most of our squad could Whistler for chance elsewhere. But for confirmation I thought it best to ask a Princess Royal, 'Don't think any of them are up to Championship level' Sez Anne...

Although it's clear the squad needs to be culled somewhat, I'd hate to see any hard-working honest players framed as an excuse.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 21:58 - Dec 17 with 1986 viewsDinnernotTea

Judge
Nsiala
Huws
Gieorgeou
Edwards

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 02:32 - Dec 18 with 1841 viewsshamboy

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 21:46 - Dec 17 by jeera

Although it's clear the squad needs to be culled somewhat, I'd hate to see any hard-working honest players framed as an excuse.

That's easel for you to say.
From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 08:43 - Dec 18 with 1692 viewsWeWereZombies

From our current squad who should PL look to offload? on 02:32 - Dec 18 by shamboy

That's easel for you to say.

No need to give him the brush off...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024