Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One 13:19 - Dec 19 with 2145 viewspointofblue

I’ll go for just the five changes:

Norris
Donacien - Woolfenden - Chambers - Garbutt
Skuse - Downes - Nolan
Edwards - Keane - Judge

Substitutes: Holy, Wilson, Georgiou, Huws, Dozzell, Jackson, Norwood

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 13:44 - Dec 19 with 1677 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Honestly has anyone guessed any of these right so far.

Could pick himself and it wouldn't surprise me lets go with this.

Norris
Donacien
Chambo
Woolf
Garbutt
Downes
Skuse
Nolan
Keane
Norwood
Jackson

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 13:59 - Dec 19 with 1650 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

11 changes. Cooper, Burley, Osman, Butcher, Mills, Thijssen, Wark, Muhren, Gates, Mariner, Brazil. COYFB.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 14:01 - Dec 19 with 1645 viewsIllinoisblue

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 13:44 - Dec 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

Honestly has anyone guessed any of these right so far.

Could pick himself and it wouldn't surprise me lets go with this.

Norris
Donacien
Chambo
Woolf
Garbutt
Downes
Skuse
Nolan
Keane
Norwood
Jackson

not sure we'll see Nolan in there after he publicly dissed the rotation policy

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 14:03 - Dec 19 with 1643 viewshomer_123

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 13:59 - Dec 19 by StochesStotasBlewe

11 changes. Cooper, Burley, Osman, Butcher, Mills, Thijssen, Wark, Muhren, Gates, Mariner, Brazil. COYFB.

They'd probably get a draw at Pompey.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 14:04 - Dec 19 with 1638 viewsVaughan8

You would usually know which goalie will be playing. I haven't got a clue! haha

I'll predict it won't be the same team as last week, or the same team as the last (league) away game.
Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 14:05 - Dec 19 with 1633 viewspointofblue

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 14:04 - Dec 19 by Vaughan8

You would usually know which goalie will be playing. I haven't got a clue! haha

I'll predict it won't be the same team as last week, or the same team as the last (league) away game.

I guess we’ll also have to take into account the teams he’ll want to play against Gillingham and Lincoln too. No doubt Huws will get a run out in that and Woolfenden will miss at least one of the three games as well.

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 14:10 - Dec 19 with 1622 viewsVaughan8

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 14:05 - Dec 19 by pointofblue

I guess we’ll also have to take into account the teams he’ll want to play against Gillingham and Lincoln too. No doubt Huws will get a run out in that and Woolfenden will miss at least one of the three games as well.

And Wycombe. 4 games in 11 days. Lambert must be having problems thinking who he can rotate....! haha

In all seriousness, I can understand a few changes but 5 or 6 a game is getting a bit silly. Which game are we not going to play our "strongest team"?

I have a feeling Lambert has no clue as to what our best team and formation is, which is slightly worrying.

Anyway, guessing the team has become a real struggle!
Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 14:12 - Dec 19 with 1624 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 14:01 - Dec 19 by Illinoisblue

I don't think he said anything that Lambert would be shocked by.

Of course every player doesn't like rotation and wants to play every game, sure Lambert will understand having been a player himself. If he did drop him for that it would just make me think even less of Lambert than I already do as a manager.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 15:02 - Dec 19 with 1578 viewspointofblue

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 14:12 - Dec 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

I don't think he said anything that Lambert would be shocked by.

Of course every player doesn't like rotation and wants to play every game, sure Lambert will understand having been a player himself. If he did drop him for that it would just make me think even less of Lambert than I already do as a manager.

I'm sure Nolan will disappear from the line up at some point but it'll be down to the rotation system rather than him being dropped.

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 15:07 - Dec 19 with 1563 viewsBluefish

I genuinely don't think there is a single place that we know is definite

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 15:44 - Dec 19 with 1514 viewsPJH

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 13:59 - Dec 19 by StochesStotasBlewe

Burley is injured, Mills to RB and Steve McCall at LB.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 15:45]
Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 15:48 - Dec 19 with 1498 viewsPJH

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 15:07 - Dec 19 by Bluefish

I think that is true because it could be either goalie and not certain of fitness of Chambers and Donacien so at the moment I do not think that there is one player that we could say is a certain starter.
Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 15:53 - Dec 19 with 1483 viewspointofblue

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 15:07 - Dec 19 by Bluefish

Possibly Garbutt? I can't see Kenlock getting ahead of him and, even if he did play at left back, it'd only be so Garbutt could be pushed up field.

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 16:13 - Dec 19 with 1438 viewsBluefish

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 15:53 - Dec 19 by pointofblue

Possibly Garbutt? I can't see Kenlock getting ahead of him and, even if he did play at left back, it'd only be so Garbutt could be pushed up field.

I thought Garbutt the most likely when I typed it but even then I'm not sure. You would think Chambers and Woolfy were were guaranteed but they are not and the same for Downes and Skuse. Pretty much no one is guaranteed, players in form or having the biggest impact should be guaranteed

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 16:28 - Dec 19 with 1423 viewsStokieBlue

Utterly bonkers to drop Jackson and play Edwards.

Can you explain why?

SB
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 16:28]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 16:29 - Dec 19 with 1418 viewsSmithy

Holy
Donacien Chambers Woolfenden Kenlock
Judge Dozzell Downes Garbutt
Norwood Jackson

Subs:
Norris, Wilson, Edwards, Skuse, Nolan, Keane, Sears

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 16:33 - Dec 19 with 1406 viewspointofblue

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 16:28 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

Utterly bonkers to drop Jackson and play Edwards.

Can you explain why?

SB
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 16:28]

It isn't what I'd do, it's what I think Lambert will do - the same front three which played in our last away game at Coventry.

Personally I'd bring in Donacien for (as we're away) Dozzell but keep the rest of the team the same as last week.

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 10:05 - Dec 20 with 1203 viewspointofblue

Any more guesses? You have as much chance of being right as being wrong!

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 10:19 - Dec 20 with 1189 viewsGeoffSentence

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 14:10 - Dec 19 by Vaughan8

And Wycombe. 4 games in 11 days. Lambert must be having problems thinking who he can rotate....! haha

In all seriousness, I can understand a few changes but 5 or 6 a game is getting a bit silly. Which game are we not going to play our "strongest team"?

I have a feeling Lambert has no clue as to what our best team and formation is, which is slightly worrying.

Anyway, guessing the team has become a real struggle!

I have just had a look at the fixtures up until now, it isn't that easy to check but so far as I can see we have not played the same team twice. Not just in a row but all season.

Every game has featured a different starting 11.

I wonder if he can keep that going for the rest of the season.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 10:30]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 10:27 - Dec 20 with 1177 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 14:01 - Dec 19 by Illinoisblue

Would be something wonderfully ironic about a player dissing the rotation policy.... and then being rotated out
Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 10:28 - Dec 20 with 1171 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 10:05 - Dec 20 by pointofblue

Any more guesses? You have as much chance of being right as being wrong!

Holy
Donacien Wolf Wilson Chambers Garbutt
Skuse Downes Nolan
Jackson Norwood
Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 11:07 - Dec 20 with 1146 viewspointofblue

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 10:19 - Dec 20 by GeoffSentence

I have just had a look at the fixtures up until now, it isn't that easy to check but so far as I can see we have not played the same team twice. Not just in a row but all season.

Every game has featured a different starting 11.

I wonder if he can keep that going for the rest of the season.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 10:30]

I think he’ll give it a go. It’d be nice to settle on a line up but I think Lambert’s hope is dipping players in and out will mean we’re fresher in the spring whilst other teams start to tire.

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 11:24 - Dec 20 with 1126 viewsDarth_Koont

Difficult to call the formation and personnel.

But I'd be amazed if he doesn't start with Jackson. He's our most consistently dangerous attacker - and away from home his pace in the channels will be even more useful.

Pronouns: He/Him

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 12:08 - Dec 20 with 1101 viewsIpswichKnight

Feck only knows both the team and the formation. I'll go for the cast of Trumpton as well it will still be closer than any of our normal guesses!

Flack
Pugh
Pugh
Barney
McGrew
Cuthbert
Dibble
Grubb
Potter
Minton
Munnighs
Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 12:40 - Dec 20 with 1073 viewsEly_Blue

Guess the team - Portsmouth (A) League One on 11:07 - Dec 20 by pointofblue

I think he’ll give it a go. It’d be nice to settle on a line up but I think Lambert’s hope is dipping players in and out will mean we’re fresher in the spring whilst other teams start to tire.

The problem is they look like strangers at times, the first 20 mins defensively last weekend proved that

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024