Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
norwich so far 17:07 - Dec 28 with 2739 viewsBluefish

Great to see them rock bottom opposed to just bottom 3. They are being cut adrift now but haven't actually played that badly from what I've seen. The worst news is that they haven't gone all out and spent big, would have been great for them to chuck 100 million at it like Fulham or Villa and still go down. If they were closer in January they might have gambled but lose today they will probably bank the cash and big set up for many years having been 1 season away from being in the sh*te financially

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

norwich so far on 17:09 - Dec 28 with 2727 viewsJ2BLUE

Was that one season away thing true? Seemed like wishful thinking from a few people which spread on here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

norwich so far on 17:10 - Dec 28 with 2717 viewsMrTown

You must be fairly annoyed that your boys are bottom of the Premier League, but at least you will be able to play us again next year when Lambo takes us up.

Best of luck for the rest of the season m8.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

norwich so far on 17:11 - Dec 28 with 2707 viewsBluefish

norwich so far on 17:09 - Dec 28 by J2BLUE

Was that one season away thing true? Seemed like wishful thinking from a few people which spread on here.

They would definitely have been in bother without an owner happy to prop up the losses. They also had quite a few out of contract. They were very fortunate and farke was 1 game away from being sacked

norwich so far on 17:11 - Dec 28 with 2706 viewsPJH

I think that somebody said that their celebrity cook or someone else there actually confirmed that they were heading for financial collapse.
norwich so far on 17:13 - Dec 28 with 2700 viewsgainsboroughblue

They don't care. They have no ambition whatsoever to do anything other than bounce between the top two divisions pocketing parachute money along the way.

Total respect to Sheff Utd for how they've gone about things.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

norwich so far on 17:13 - Dec 28 with 2695 viewsBluefish

norwich so far on 17:10 - Dec 28 by MrTown

You must be fairly annoyed that your boys are bottom of the Premier League, but at least you will be able to play us again next year when Lambo takes us up.

Best of luck for the rest of the season m8.

Odd

norwich so far on 17:14 - Dec 28 with 2685 viewsPJH

norwich so far on 17:13 - Dec 28 by Bluefish

Odd

Don't argue with that poster, he gave TWTD it's greatest line of 2018/19 season.
norwich so far on 17:22 - Dec 28 with 2649 viewsEastTownBlue

Many on this board were looking forward to them losing out on the parachute payments after two years in the EFL. Sold Maddison and it made up for the shortfall.

This will all be part of their plan. They will be in a strong position next season. Even if we got promoted we won't be in a position to compete with them.
Login to get fewer ads

norwich so far on 17:43 - Dec 28 with 2568 viewsSwansea_Blue

They’ve just mentioned this on Sky - reckoned it was only the sale of James Maddison to Leicester that saved them. So sounds like they were closer to trouble than I realised.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

norwich so far on 17:46 - Dec 28 with 2544 viewsNthsuffolkblue

norwich so far on 17:22 - Dec 28 by EastTownBlue

Many on this board were looking forward to them losing out on the parachute payments after two years in the EFL. Sold Maddison and it made up for the shortfall.

This will all be part of their plan. They will be in a strong position next season. Even if we got promoted we won't be in a position to compete with them.

Indeed. We may well be in the same league next season.

If Lambert manages us on a smaller budget to a double over them and a higher league finish it would be very sweet. Money is no guarantee to success as many clubs have found.

It will be very interesting how much they sell which players for in January and in the summer (and more so who they replace them with).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

norwich so far on 00:02 - Dec 29 with 2071 viewsbournemouthblue

norwich so far on 17:46 - Dec 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed. We may well be in the same league next season.

If Lambert manages us on a smaller budget to a double over them and a higher league finish it would be very sweet. Money is no guarantee to success as many clubs have found.

It will be very interesting how much they sell which players for in January and in the summer (and more so who they replace them with).

The reality is you simply don't need to sell when you go down now

They could quite easily go down and spend £10 - 20 million on strikers

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

norwich so far on 09:35 - Dec 29 with 1719 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Think they’ve done pretty much as expected. They’ll lose 3 or 4 in the summer I expect but will likely be pretty strong in the Championship next year.

Fortunately they’ve never had an owner with the resources to chuck loads of money at it because they’ve had so many chances to consolidate a bit in the Premier League.
norwich so far on 09:42 - Dec 29 with 1686 viewsjimsymBLUE

norwich so far on 09:35 - Dec 29 by PrideOfTheEast

Think they’ve done pretty much as expected. They’ll lose 3 or 4 in the summer I expect but will likely be pretty strong in the Championship next year.

Fortunately they’ve never had an owner with the resources to chuck loads of money at it because they’ve had so many chances to consolidate a bit in the Premier League.

On top of the best part of 150m over the next few years even should they drop, they'll get some very decent offers for Cantwell, Buendia, Aarons, Pukki & Godfrey. Lets hope they don't spend it wisely!

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

norwich so far on 09:44 - Dec 29 with 1677 viewsElephantintheRoom

Bit mean-spirited at a time of xmas cheer. I haven't seen much of them but what little I have seen is that they have generally played quite well, but been undone by a weak (and weakened) defence. Did anyone expect them to stay up?

Given Villa's expenditure and the lack of imploding teams this was always going to be mission more or less impossible for them. The surprise amongst the promoted three is Sheff U - which is genuinely pleasing. But presumably they will be relegated next year instead of this year. Such is the magic of the prem.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

norwich so far on 09:53 - Dec 29 with 1644 viewsPecker

norwich so far on 09:44 - Dec 29 by ElephantintheRoom

Bit mean-spirited at a time of xmas cheer. I haven't seen much of them but what little I have seen is that they have generally played quite well, but been undone by a weak (and weakened) defence. Did anyone expect them to stay up?

Given Villa's expenditure and the lack of imploding teams this was always going to be mission more or less impossible for them. The surprise amongst the promoted three is Sheff U - which is genuinely pleasing. But presumably they will be relegated next year instead of this year. Such is the magic of the prem.

Sheff. Utd. are big enough to stay up for the foreseeable. Couldn't give a sh1t about the idiots up the road.
norwich so far on 10:08 - Dec 29 with 1618 viewsElephantintheRoom

norwich so far on 09:53 - Dec 29 by Pecker

Sheff. Utd. are big enough to stay up for the foreseeable. Couldn't give a sh1t about the idiots up the road.

Pity - there is much to admire about how Norwich have run themselves since Sheepshanks piloted Town on the rocks. I wonder if the 'scum' vision projected by small minded individuals on here is reflected in the real world?

In my time of living in north suffolk there were plenty of people who supported Town or Norwich or even both teams - and amiably went to watch both clubs with each other. I guess expense might make that impossible nowadays - but I've always enviously seen Norwich as something Town could be something Town could aspire to be again, when and if they are no longer a ticket tout's plaything.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

norwich so far on 10:31 - Dec 29 with 1560 viewstextbackup

norwich so far on 09:42 - Dec 29 by jimsymBLUE

On top of the best part of 150m over the next few years even should they drop, they'll get some very decent offers for Cantwell, Buendia, Aarons, Pukki & Godfrey. Lets hope they don't spend it wisely!

my money is on them not spending wisely, but they'll bank the money they get, then scout brilliantly and bring in a few freebies

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

norwich so far on 10:37 - Dec 29 with 1543 viewshaynes_toe1

Certainly look like theyll go down but even with half their squad sold they would absolutely demolish us
norwich so far on 10:46 - Dec 29 with 1517 viewsclive_baker

And here comes canary in the room. Called you out months ago, give up the pretence.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

norwich so far on 11:00 - Dec 29 with 1473 viewsbournemouthblue

Why haven't you invested though, are you planning to build a new stand, even smart investments like Sheffield United would have better placed you to stay up surely?

All rather puzzling

You could easily go down, keep your squad together and splash the cash in the Championship such is the nature of parachute payments nowadays

They were meant to ease the pain of relegation, nowadays they just give you a huge advantage over Championship sides

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

norwich so far on 11:11 - Dec 29 with 1450 viewsclive_baker

norwich so far on 10:37 - Dec 29 by haynes_toe1

Certainly look like theyll go down but even with half their squad sold they would absolutely demolish us

'Us'? Lol.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

norwich so far on 11:51 - Dec 29 with 1373 viewsNo9

norwich so far on 09:53 - Dec 29 by Pecker

One of the more intersting aspects of Sheff U's season is why David McGoldrick hasn't spent as much time on the injured list as he did when he was under MM's care & attention
A real mystery, or not?
norwich so far on 12:32 - Dec 29 with 1288 viewsjaykay

norwich so far on 10:46 - Dec 29 by clive_baker

And here comes canary in the room. Called you out months ago, give up the pretence.

the one above your post is a wrong un to

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

norwich so far on 14:42 - Dec 29 with 1157 viewshaynes_toe1

norwich so far on 11:11 - Dec 29 by clive_baker

'Us'? Lol.

Ok so I'm not a massive fan nowadays but I'd still always rather Ipswich beat Norwich than the other way round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024