Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford 13:19 - Jan 8 with 1629 viewsgeg1992

Great signing for them, someone I feel would have really strengthened us.

12 apps 11 goals and 6 assists in the premier league U23s and 2 assists in the EFL trophy recently.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 13:25 - Jan 8 with 1585 viewsGuthrum

Agreed. Altho perhaps we had made enquiries: 'Not all League One teams have the best of styles and I had to choose one which suited me.'

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 13:28 - Jan 8 with 1563 viewsitfcjoe

I half expected him to get a chance at West Ham this season, Oxford are probably the best team in the league from what I've seen - even when they have lost recently they dominated (vs Doncaster)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 13:37 - Jan 8 with 1510 viewsMrTown

Good player, suprised he didn't get a Championship move like Giangana.

Marcus Browne was another one that came through West Ham, went to Boro but allowed on loan this month.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 13:41 - Jan 8 with 1486 viewsChrisd

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 13:28 - Jan 8 by itfcjoe

I half expected him to get a chance at West Ham this season, Oxford are probably the best team in the league from what I've seen - even when they have lost recently they dominated (vs Doncaster)

Oxford certainly look like they have their house in order and have a decent and settled side, Coventry City look another and don't lose too many games and Rotherham are scoring goals for fun and not conceding many. Incredibly, halfway through the season PL is still scratching around trying to work out his best XI and formation....unbelievable really, what has he been doing?!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 17:26]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 14:04 - Jan 8 with 1375 viewsunstableblue

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 13:41 - Jan 8 by Chrisd

Oxford certainly look like they have their house in order and have a decent and settled side, Coventry City look another and don't lose too many games and Rotherham are scoring goals for fun and not conceding many. Incredibly, halfway through the season PL is still scratching around trying to work out his best XI and formation....unbelievable really, what has he been doing?!

Chrisd - Its all about technical managers with a clear system they are bought into to, that can be easily flexed in game to counter the opposition:

Karl Robison (Oxford)
"Karl Robinson is very much an advocate of attacking football. His team is tactically flexible and in analyzing MK Dons’ 117 League One goals last season, it becomes clear that Robinson is an innovative coach. As a result, his side rarely look void of ideas. His philosophy of dominating matches and getting numbers forward runs throughout the club from youth level to the first team and during their time in League one, the Dons’ style was somewhat alien to most of their rivals. There are a number of patterns that occur in the way Robinson’s team attack. The first is based on crowding the opposition’s box and playing intricate one-twos before space arises to shoot. "

Mark Robbins(Coventry) -
"University of Warwick - Warwick Business School - Applied Management"

I am still hanging on that Lambert is going to turn it around, and a revival will start against Accrington that can be taken into the rough looking Oxford away

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 14:06 - Jan 8 with 1355 viewsMrTown

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 14:04 - Jan 8 by unstableblue

Chrisd - Its all about technical managers with a clear system they are bought into to, that can be easily flexed in game to counter the opposition:

Karl Robison (Oxford)
"Karl Robinson is very much an advocate of attacking football. His team is tactically flexible and in analyzing MK Dons’ 117 League One goals last season, it becomes clear that Robinson is an innovative coach. As a result, his side rarely look void of ideas. His philosophy of dominating matches and getting numbers forward runs throughout the club from youth level to the first team and during their time in League one, the Dons’ style was somewhat alien to most of their rivals. There are a number of patterns that occur in the way Robinson’s team attack. The first is based on crowding the opposition’s box and playing intricate one-twos before space arises to shoot. "

Mark Robbins(Coventry) -

I am still hanging on that Lambert is going to turn it around, and a revival will start against Accrington that can be taken into the rough looking Oxford away

Paul Lambert (Ipswich)
'Champions League Winner, played in Germany'

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 14:10 - Jan 8 with 1326 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, me too.

Who?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 14:11 - Jan 8 with 1321 viewskizaitfc

Liam Kelly also signed for them

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Login to get fewer ads

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 14:12 - Jan 8 with 1311 viewsbilllm

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 14:11 - Jan 8 by kizaitfc

Liam Kelly also signed for them

Yep played a few for reading, there very serious contenders
Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 14:27 - Jan 8 with 1263 viewsdavblue

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 14:04 - Jan 8 by unstableblue

Karl Robison (Oxford)

Mark Robbins(Coventry) -

I would Like Robinson here longer term.
Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 15:28 - Jan 8 with 1162 viewsRobTheMonk

Oxford have used the loan market very effectively. They're trying to get Chris Cadden back as well by the sound of it although he may be just out of their price range.
Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 16:15 - Jan 8 with 1134 viewsITFC_96

We already have our own young midfielders that we should be giving game time to develop instead of adding more to an already bloated amount of midfielders.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 16:16]
Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 23:36 - Jan 8 with 908 viewsonlymehere

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 13:25 - Jan 8 by Guthrum

Agreed. Altho perhaps we had made enquiries: 'Not all League One teams have the best of styles and I had to choose one which suited me.'

Nah we enquire on no hopers.
Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 07:43 - Jan 9 with 769 viewsKeaneish

Nathan Holland on loan to Oxford on 13:41 - Jan 8 by Chrisd

That'll be Karl Robinson doing his thing which he did well at MK Dons. He got slated by many on here as a viable alternative to Hurst. Never saw anything wrong with him personally and he's doing well at the moment after having a great end to the season last year. Tipped them as my darl horses for this season.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024