Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassing 16:54 - Feb 1 with 3903 viewsHerbivore

Not really much more to say than that. Any time a half decent League 1 side faces us we roll over and give them the game. Lambert doesn't have a clue as far as I can see. Norris over Holy? Good one. Lumping it to nobody every time we have kick off? Cracking stuff. We're a total shambles. The only reason we're not lower midtable is that we have a squad with much more ability than most at this level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Embarrassing on 16:55 - Feb 1 with 3385 viewsBlueBadger

But The Football Is Better, right?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Embarrassing on 16:56 - Feb 1 with 3369 viewsHerbivore

Embarrassing on 16:55 - Feb 1 by BlueBadger

But The Football Is Better, right?

As long as you don't actually watch it, sure.

Embarrassing on 17:05 - Feb 1 with 3172 viewsBackToRussia

Last 2 games show that we've made very little progress since we got relegated. We seem directionless and we can't respond to adversity at all. Wins aren't enough to build confidence and momentum whereas one goal against is enough to finish us off. That points to the management (Evans/Lambo) for me.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Embarrassing on 17:08 - Feb 1 with 3143 viewsHerbivore

Embarrassing on 17:05 - Feb 1 by BackToRussia

Last 2 games show that we've made very little progress since we got relegated. We seem directionless and we can't respond to adversity at all. Wins aren't enough to build confidence and momentum whereas one goal against is enough to finish us off. That points to the management (Evans/Lambo) for me.

Lambert has been here 15 months and we're as toss now as we were under Hurst.

Embarrassing on 17:18 - Feb 1 with 3067 viewsBackToRussia

Embarrassing on 17:08 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

Yes that's a lot more succinct.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 17:18]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Embarrassing on 17:20 - Feb 1 with 3040 viewsTractorWood

Embarrassing on 17:08 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

Agree. We didn't really improve when he came in either.

Relegated without a fight.

Somehow still 4th but not for much longer.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Embarrassing on 17:22 - Feb 1 with 3004 viewsHerbivore

Embarrassing on 17:20 - Feb 1 by TractorWood

Agree. We didn't really improve when he came in either.

Relegated without a fight.

Somehow still 4th but not for much longer.

Our record under Lambert was very similar to our record under Hurst. Many glossed over that at the time. I've seen nothing in over a year to suggest Lambert is actually much good as a football manager.

Embarrassing on 17:28 - Feb 1 with 2934 viewsTractorWood

Embarrassing on 17:22 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

Our record under Lambert was very similar to our record under Hurst. Many glossed over that at the time. I've seen nothing in over a year to suggest Lambert is actually much good as a football manager.

Might be an arcane reference but I remember a draw at Home to Preston after Lambert just came in. Preston were down to 10 men and we were drawing with 15 minutes left. We were lucky to not lose the game.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassing on 17:31 - Feb 1 with 2896 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Embarrassing on 17:22 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

Some pointed it out, however it was apparently unfair as Lambert was apparently preparing for League One, as evidenced by bringing in 7 short term signings in January

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Embarrassing on 17:33 - Feb 1 with 2868 viewsJDB23

He relegated us without a fight, he rotated the team endlessly, he oversaw a disgraceful winless run in the 3rd division, we've shipped 5 at Lincoln and 4 at home to Peterborough and yet some on here still worship him. He should have been sacked weeks ago.

Now, Lambert aside, that was shocking from the team. I can't believe Tuesday's title of the worst performance I have seen from us has got challenged in less than 7 days. Cole Skuse is finished as a professional footballer, should be no where near this team. We have 0 creativity when Huws is out. Our strikers are incapable of creating anything for themselves other than one who is now sat on the bench every game. Toney is 5x the striker than anything we have and that showed today.

I have finally come to the realisation that our players just aren't very good. We do not have the best squad in this league and coupled with the utter clown we have in charge, we will be staying in this division for quite a while yet.
Embarrassing on 17:36 - Feb 1 with 2818 viewsjeera

I've never been a fan of booing but have to say when Mills and Brenner said those left at the ground were booing, I thought 'who the hell can blame them?'

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Embarrassing on 17:40 - Feb 1 with 2778 viewsreusersfreekicks

Embarrassing on 17:36 - Feb 1 by jeera

I've never been a fan of booing but have to say when Mills and Brenner said those left at the ground were booing, I thought 'who the hell can blame them?'

Why boo? Was there today and am bitterly disappointed but not the slightest inclination to boo
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 17:40]
Embarrassing on 17:40 - Feb 1 with 2740 viewsGlasgowBlue

Look on the bright side Herbie. We have Donacien and Kenlock on the flanks next week against Sunderland.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Embarrassing on 17:42 - Feb 1 with 2735 viewsHerbivore

Embarrassing on 17:36 - Feb 1 by jeera

I left early for the first time in my life. Getting home half an hour earlier seemed far preferable to watching the last 15 minutes of a game where we were shown up by a bang average side.

Embarrassing on 17:43 - Feb 1 with 2726 viewsPecker

Probably our worst performance under PL. I would like to give you some positives from today, but there really aren't any. Very, very poor tactically and I think he has lost the changing room as none of them seem to be bothered. Dust ourselves down and move on to the next one. It will be better, because you won't see worse.
Embarrassing on 17:44 - Feb 1 with 2701 viewspointofblue

Embarrassing on 17:40 - Feb 1 by GlasgowBlue

Look on the bright side Herbie. We have Donacien and Kenlock on the flanks next week against Sunderland.

We need to switch to a 4-4-2. We probably should have today as soon as Garbutt went off as Kenlock was horrifically exposed nearly every time they went forward - not that Judge ever stays in place to help out, admittedly.

We were fine until Garbutt went off then they started to get on top.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Embarrassing on 17:45 - Feb 1 with 2693 viewsDubtractor

Embarrassing on 17:31 - Feb 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Some pointed it out, however it was apparently unfair as Lambert was apparently preparing for League One, as evidenced by bringing in 7 short term signings in January

Lambert lost me a little bit last January tbh.

We were already as good as down by that point, and bringing in a load of (not very good) loan players to not improve us AND miss the opportunity to build for this season seemed utterly pointless.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Embarrassing on 17:45 - Feb 1 with 2693 viewsreusersfreekicks

Embarrassing on 17:43 - Feb 1 by Pecker

Probably our worst performance under PL. I would like to give you some positives from today, but there really aren't any. Very, very poor tactically and I think he has lost the changing room as none of them seem to be bothered. Dust ourselves down and move on to the next one. It will be better, because you won't see worse.

He did nothing sub wise to affect the match, just rotated the no 10 position between 3 players. Thought might go 4-3-3 at half time
Embarrassing on 17:50 - Feb 1 with 2638 viewsPecker

Embarrassing on 17:45 - Feb 1 by reusersfreekicks

He did nothing sub wise to affect the match, just rotated the no 10 position between 3 players. Thought might go 4-3-3 at half time

To be totally honest, I don't think it would have mattered what formation we had, Peterborough were just better than us in every department. Think PL has lost the players.
Embarrassing on 18:12 - Feb 1 with 2540 viewsjeera

Embarrassing on 17:40 - Feb 1 by reusersfreekicks

Why boo? Was there today and am bitterly disappointed but not the slightest inclination to boo
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 17:40]

I'm the last to suggest it's a good idea, but could understand the show of dismay.

Maybe the droves that left early sent a stronger message of displeasure.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Embarrassing on 18:21 - Feb 1 with 2458 viewsChrisd

But what does that tell you about our team that we can't get the job done against the decent sides in this league? Based on today, we look a really poor side and I can't see us making the top 6. Too much hype about the ability of this squad. It's no fluke that we fail to win any of the important games against our rivals. Peterborough looked better than us in every department.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Embarrassing on 18:28 - Feb 1 with 2399 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Embarrassing on 17:45 - Feb 1 by Dubtractor

Lambert lost me a little bit last January tbh.

We were already as good as down by that point, and bringing in a load of (not very good) loan players to not improve us AND miss the opportunity to build for this season seemed utterly pointless.

I think bringing in players, and trying to get ourselves safe was the right thing to do, but it did mean Lambert had to be judged against the objective of keeping us up

And we were relegated absolutely pitifully

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Embarrassing on 18:31 - Feb 1 with 2377 viewsITFCBlues

Embarrassing on 17:44 - Feb 1 by pointofblue

We need to switch to a 4-4-2. We probably should have today as soon as Garbutt went off as Kenlock was horrifically exposed nearly every time they went forward - not that Judge ever stays in place to help out, admittedly.

We were fine until Garbutt went off then they started to get on top.

We dont have the players to play 442

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Embarrassing on 18:34 - Feb 1 with 2343 viewsHerbivore

Embarrassing on 18:21 - Feb 1 by Chrisd

But what does that tell you about our team that we can't get the job done against the decent sides in this league? Based on today, we look a really poor side and I can't see us making the top 6. Too much hype about the ability of this squad. It's no fluke that we fail to win any of the important games against our rivals. Peterborough looked better than us in every department.

My view is that the manager is a far bigger issue than the players. By doing somerhing as simple as playing our best keeper I expect we'd have a few more points than we do currently. That's before getting into the clusterfuk that was November and December.

Embarrassing on 18:34 - Feb 1 with 2340 viewspointofblue

Embarrassing on 18:31 - Feb 1 by ITFCBlues

We dont have the players to play 442

No, I just remembered Edwards is missing so bang goes that one unless we’re willing to risk Dobra and El Mizouni. Have to wonder what we have to lose now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024