Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert once was hot property.... 08:03 - Feb 2 with 6441 viewsbobbyramsey

...he worked wonders at Col U and "up the road." What was he doing then that he's not doing now?
Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:06 - Feb 2 with 3811 viewsColchesterBlue1985

His never been the same since losing his number 2 (Culverhouse)
Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:06 - Feb 2 with 3809 viewstextbackup

ive never seen a season flip on its head like this one, we started the season so well, things worked, hard to beat etc, but now we look like a bunch of strangers

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:10 - Feb 2 with 3774 viewstractorboy1978

I can't comment on Colchester but his team at Norwich was so dynamic. And that is what Peterborough were yesterday. Full of energy, well drilled and attacked in numbers. We looked ponderous and clueless.
Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:11 - Feb 2 with 3759 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:06 - Feb 2 by textbackup

ive never seen a season flip on its head like this one, we started the season so well, things worked, hard to beat etc, but now we look like a bunch of strangers

We were winning games but not exactly In style, I think teams feared us and almost gave us too much respect.

THEN we lost abysmally in front of the sky cameras at Accrington and I think teams though hang about they are nowhere near as good as being made out and the fear factor has well and truly vanished.
Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:13 - Feb 2 with 3733 viewstextbackup

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:11 - Feb 2 by ColchesterBlue1985

We were winning games but not exactly In style, I think teams feared us and almost gave us too much respect.

THEN we lost abysmally in front of the sky cameras at Accrington and I think teams though hang about they are nowhere near as good as being made out and the fear factor has well and truly vanished.

nail on head there mate. we were "big Ipswich in league 1"

but get in our faces, make it a battle, and that bunch of bottle jobs cant hack it

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:15 - Feb 2 with 3710 viewsDubtractor

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:10 - Feb 2 by tractorboy1978

I can't comment on Colchester but his team at Norwich was so dynamic. And that is what Peterborough were yesterday. Full of energy, well drilled and attacked in numbers. We looked ponderous and clueless.

The difference in attacking play was stark wasn't it?

Peterborough all round play was nothing special, but once they got the ball in the final third they came to life. Lots of runners, very quick and sharp movemet, pace etc. They looked like scoring at will.

We were just so pedestrian in comparison, and easy to defend against. Its such a recurring theme.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:18 - Feb 2 with 3691 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:15 - Feb 2 by Dubtractor

Peterborough all round play was nothing special, but once they got the ball in the final third they came to life. Lots of runners, very quick and sharp movemet, pace etc. They looked like scoring at will.

We were just so pedestrian in comparison, and easy to defend against. Its such a recurring theme.

They were inventive, creative and every time they moved the ball forward you tell threatened.

We were slow and predictable.
Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:19 - Feb 2 with 3684 viewsdavblue

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:13 - Feb 2 by textbackup

nail on head there mate. we were "big Ipswich in league 1"

but get in our faces, make it a battle, and that bunch of bottle jobs cant hack it

We arent a hard side to set up against.

Give yourself a solid base and press us, we pass it around at the back and in midfield nice and safe and then just pump it long for Jackson to chase.

Theres no one in the team who will beat a player by taking them on to bring people out of position. We are just a safe side, without any idea how to pass through the lines. We had loads of possession yesterday, but it was all in front of Peterborough and we never looked like we would hurt them.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:22 - Feb 2 with 3650 viewsBluefish

We were winning but we weren't playing well

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:23 - Feb 2 with 3659 viewstractorboy1978

It was epitomised by Judge and Szmodics. The latter was going beyond the front two when one of them dropped off, Judge kept dropping deeper and deeper.
Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:24 - Feb 2 with 3637 viewstextbackup

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:22 - Feb 2 by Bluefish

We were winning but we weren't playing well

I was told before that didn't matter tho, results based business we are in and all that.

that aside, I know what you are saying, we weren't playing well. but sat top unbeaten in about 12

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:27 - Feb 2 with 3597 viewsBluefish

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:24 - Feb 2 by textbackup

I was told before that didn't matter tho, results based business we are in and all that.

that aside, I know what you are saying, we weren't playing well. but sat top unbeaten in about 12

I was on an all dayer yesterday with half a dozen scummer there they absolutely loved the agent Lambert stuff. There is just no comeback from it

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:28 - Feb 2 with 3594 viewsbobbyramsey

Yeah, I know all about the above and whats happened this season lol but my question was what did Lambert have at Colchester and Norwich that he hasn't got now, he's obviously got something........... apart from Culverhouse?
Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:30 - Feb 2 with 3571 viewsbobbyramsey

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:19 - Feb 2 by davblue

We arent a hard side to set up against.

Give yourself a solid base and press us, we pass it around at the back and in midfield nice and safe and then just pump it long for Jackson to chase.

Theres no one in the team who will beat a player by taking them on to bring people out of position. We are just a safe side, without any idea how to pass through the lines. We had loads of possession yesterday, but it was all in front of Peterborough and we never looked like we would hurt them.

We're not that bloody safe, we can't stop conceding goals.........;)
Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:31 - Feb 2 with 3568 viewsdavblue

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:24 - Feb 2 by textbackup

Performances are a better indication of where a team is than results.

Those early were clinical butin no way convincing, we weren't pining teams in and being all over them.

MK Dons sticks out for me, loads of people were waxing lyrical about how good we were that day, I didn't see it at all. We kept the ball well but didn't look like hurting them and they were all over us 2nd half.
Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:32 - Feb 2 with 3553 viewsdavblue

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:30 - Feb 2 by bobbyramsey

We're not that bloody safe, we can't stop conceding goals.........;)

Yeah more in terms of our possession use.
Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:36 - Feb 2 with 3521 viewstextbackup

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:31 - Feb 2 by davblue

Performances are a better indication of where a team is than results.

Those early were clinical butin no way convincing, we weren't pining teams in and being all over them.

MK Dons sticks out for me, loads of people were waxing lyrical about how good we were that day, I didn't see it at all. We kept the ball well but didn't look like hurting them and they were all over us 2nd half.

we just don't shoot enough, games go by and I think "i don't remember a shot"

judge can fck off, he is awful

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:40 - Feb 2 with 3483 viewsitfcjoe

Decisiveness vs indecisiveness, we try and carve out the perfect crossing or shooting position but do it in such a ponderous way that it is so easy to defend against

Why we have scored some good goals, but create so little. Judge slows everything down, need to get some youngsters in the team as we have crept into an old team and it isn’t working

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:42 - Feb 2 with 3472 viewsdavblue

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:36 - Feb 2 by textbackup

we just don't shoot enough, games go by and I think "i don't remember a shot"

judge can fck off, he is awful

Because we dont get ourselves in a position to do it. We have to work so hard to create a half chance.

When we get into wide positions, our crossing is abysmal. It always thatwas close, that's a sign of poor crossing ability.

Theres 2 players in this team that are capable of playing in the championship, wolfenden and Downes, the rest of them dont look anywhere near good enough.

People go on about Jackson, but bloody hell, hes so 1 dimensional, and limited technically you have to play him in a 2 ma strikeforce.
Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:50 - Feb 2 with 3419 viewstextbackup

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:42 - Feb 2 by davblue

Because we dont get ourselves in a position to do it. We have to work so hard to create a half chance.

When we get into wide positions, our crossing is abysmal. It always thatwas close, that's a sign of poor crossing ability.

Theres 2 players in this team that are capable of playing in the championship, wolfenden and Downes, the rest of them dont look anywhere near good enough.

People go on about Jackson, but bloody hell, hes so 1 dimensional, and limited technically you have to play him in a 2 ma strikeforce.

Jackson is the fastest player I can recall us having, but is always 3 yards behind play that he needs that to just catch up. and spends most of the time running into the defender as opposed to around him

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:54 - Feb 2 with 3395 viewsChrisd

Statistically we had a great start, but let's not forget the reality was we weren't playing that well and we were sneaking results at times which made our start look even better. Our patchy form now is a better indicator of us as a side. We'll finish top 8, but miss out on the the play offs.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:58 - Feb 2 with 3358 viewsChrisd

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:28 - Feb 2 by bobbyramsey

Yeah, I know all about the above and whats happened this season lol but my question was what did Lambert have at Colchester and Norwich that he hasn't got now, he's obviously got something........... apart from Culverhouse?

Perhaps Culverhouse's role was setting up the team and working tactically on the opposition? A lot of the stuff we tend to struggle with currently.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert once was hot property.... on 09:29 - Feb 2 with 3258 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert once was hot property.... on 08:50 - Feb 2 by textbackup

Jackson is the fastest player I can recall us having, but is always 3 yards behind play that he needs that to just catch up. and spends most of the time running into the defender as opposed to around him

You never saw Chris Kiwomya?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert once was hot property.... on 09:32 - Feb 2 with 3237 viewsbobbyramsey

Lambert once was hot property.... on 09:29 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

You never saw Chris Kiwomya?

Guss Uhlenbeek?

Sometimes he even took the ball with him....
Lambert once was hot property.... on 10:04 - Feb 2 with 3148 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s been poor since Norwich. Villa fans think he ruined them, leaving them in a right state (we don’t have to worry about that though, as we’re used to managers leaving us in a mess).

A shame, as he was doing a great job at rebuilding moral in the club and in the fanbase after we were all on our knees. ME still thinks he’s doing a great job, and he may well be behind the scenes. Although ME’s judgement has been shown to be rather suspect, so who knows.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024