Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham fan in peace 20:27 - Mar 4 with 5108 viewsKimberworth1

Can only guess what the Ipswich town fans think after yesterday's defeat to the cod army a team that has been in the football league less than 10 years. They deserve enormous credit as a well run / managed club but when you compare the rich history of Ipswich under bobby Robson and before him sir Alf it makes you wonder.
The general Ipswich town fan doesn't expect to be in the prem but does expect to be in contention in league 1.
The vast majority know what's wrong which appears to be the opposite of Fleetwood.
We ourselves nearly went bust 12 years ago but it's amazing what a new chairman and bright young manager can do.i agree with most of you that the Lambert type of manager has had his day and the owner needs to sort it as next season isn't going to be any easier.
I remember the days when you finished runners up twice and won eufa/fa cup in space of 5 years.
Every little club wanted to be Ipswich at that time as they beat the big boys.
It certainly gives me no pleasure to see you in league 1
Just a thought would you have joey Barton? As he would walk to Portman road.
Good luck for the future
Rotherham fan in peace on 20:32 - Mar 4 with 4664 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm not sure why there is suddenly a load of hype around Barton. I don't think he's a bad manager, but I don't think he's that much of a stand out manager. He'd be about 9th on my list.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:35 - Mar 4 with 4577 viewsSpruceMoose

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:32 - Mar 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not sure why there is suddenly a load of hype around Barton. I don't think he's a bad manager, but I don't think he's that much of a stand out manager. He'd be about 9th on my list.

His helium voice would be a nightmare to listen to on the radio every week too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:41 - Mar 4 with 4500 viewsmonty_radio

Re J Barton, I personally have seen no debate re if he would be wanted here. The response is always difficult to gauge when someone has a back-story. Certainly the howls on here would be many and indignant, but whether any fanboard completely reflects the larger fanbase is a moot point. In the event, what one could predict with certainty would be that results would have the casting vote.

Suffolk fans are a forgiving lot, and though Ched Evans got a muted chorus of boos yesterday I guess, for most present, his most obvious failing was to have scored against us. Many outside the bubble would scarcely have known his history. Having said that, social media is regularly the last preserve of the hanging judge in this alleged age of fairplay to all when a sentence served may not be enough.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:41 - Mar 4 with 4482 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:35 - Mar 4 by SpruceMoose

Well 'millsey' seems to like him, given the downvote I got.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:42 - Mar 4 with 4456 viewsOxford_Blue

Thanks.

Yes it’s been a fall from Grace and fans will tell you it’s all the fault of the owner or the manager or other managers or a combination of all of it.

We’ve had 15-20 years of underachievement and it’s now taking its toll.
Rotherham fan in peace on 20:42 - Mar 4 with 4438 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:41 - Mar 4 by monty_radio

Re J Barton, I personally have seen no debate re if he would be wanted here. The response is always difficult to gauge when someone has a back-story. Certainly the howls on here would be many and indignant, but whether any fanboard completely reflects the larger fanbase is a moot point. In the event, what one could predict with certainty would be that results would have the casting vote.

Suffolk fans are a forgiving lot, and though Ched Evans got a muted chorus of boos yesterday I guess, for most present, his most obvious failing was to have scored against us. Many outside the bubble would scarcely have known his history. Having said that, social media is regularly the last preserve of the hanging judge in this alleged age of fairplay to all when a sentence served may not be enough.

There's been quite a bit of debate.

And most of it relates to his managerial credentials, not his personal history.

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:43 - Mar 4 with 4436 viewsBluearmy71

I'd have Joey as our manager, he totally impressed me listening to his radio interview pre match saying "no one will get a free ride under him no mercenaries turning up just for a pay cheque" (not a direct quote)

Also the way he had Fleetwood set up and well drilled is as good management as I have seen in this league, it wont be too long before he's managing a bigger club, no offence to Fleetwood!
Rotherham fan in peace on 20:44 - Mar 4 with 4407 viewsSpruceMoose

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:43 - Mar 4 by Bluearmy71

I'd have Joey as our manager, he totally impressed me listening to his radio interview pre match saying "no one will get a free ride under him no mercenaries turning up just for a pay cheque" (not a direct quote)

Also the way he had Fleetwood set up and well drilled is as good management as I have seen in this league, it wont be too long before he's managing a bigger club, no offence to Fleetwood!

Poundshop Keane with an even less impressive CV.

It's a no from me.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:45 - Mar 4 with 4390 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:43 - Mar 4 by Bluearmy71

It's amazing how impressed people are by the fact Barton can string a sentence together.

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:49 - Mar 4 with 4320 viewsBluearmy71

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:45 - Mar 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's amazing how impressed people are by the fact Barton can string a sentence together.

Why not just pick up on what I heard on the radio, why not comment about my thoughts on how well organised he had his team.........oh i get it now, you can't find any negativity in that assessment, if you can then you simply didn't attend the match last night!!
Rotherham fan in peace on 20:50 - Mar 4 with 4298 viewsChurchman

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:35 - Mar 4 by SpruceMoose

If he had Mick Mills as his assistant and Ian Marshall as a coach, it’d be helium voice, Assistant drone-a-lot and coach squeaky The sing song on the bus would be interesting.

Seriously, Barton would not be my choice.
Rotherham fan in peace on 20:53 - Mar 4 with 4217 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:49 - Mar 4 by Bluearmy71

Why not just pick up on what I heard on the radio, why not comment about my thoughts on how well organised he had his team.........oh i get it now, you can't find any negativity in that assessment, if you can then you simply didn't attend the match last night!!

Someone's in a mood.

I just think people seem to have low expectations of Barton, so seem surprised when he talks some sense.

I wasn't at the match, but it doesn't sound like Fleetwood were anything special. The reports and stats don't suggest they were.

Rotherham fan in peace on 21:02 - Mar 4 with 4105 viewsBluearmy71

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:53 - Mar 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Someone's in a mood.

I just think people seem to have low expectations of Barton, so seem surprised when he talks some sense.

I wasn't at the match, but it doesn't sound like Fleetwood were anything special. The reports and stats don't suggest they were.

Congratulations you did it!! ;)

So now you are going on what you've heard oh the irony!!

And no not in a mood at all, just wondered why you couldn't say anything about my thoughts on Fleetwood!

15,000 people can tell you exactly how organised and well managed Fleetwood were, stats have nothing to do with it!

Our preconceptions of him as a player can not be taken into account when it comes to his management, I always thought he was a bit of a d*ck tbf but was pleasantly surprised by him and his team and honestly would have no objection if he were to get the job (if it is vacant) here.
Rotherham fan in peace on 21:07 - Mar 4 with 4037 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rotherham fan in peace on 21:02 - Mar 4 by Bluearmy71

Congratulations you did it!! ;)

So now you are going on what you've heard oh the irony!!

And no not in a mood at all, just wondered why you couldn't say anything about my thoughts on Fleetwood!

15,000 people can tell you exactly how organised and well managed Fleetwood were, stats have nothing to do with it!

Our preconceptions of him as a player can not be taken into account when it comes to his management, I always thought he was a bit of a d*ck tbf but was pleasantly surprised by him and his team and honestly would have no objection if he were to get the job (if it is vacant) here.

My thoughts on Barton have nothing to do with has reputation as a player, more his managerial record.

Most of the reports I've heard from some of those 15,000 weren't exactly glowing about Barton.

But of course I can't have an opinion, as I didn't nip down from York to Portman Road last night.

Rotherham fan in peace on 21:10 - Mar 4 with 3998 viewsFtnfwest

Apologies in advance for Saturday. I hope your goal difference is reasonably ahead of coventry’s at the moment. Afraid we’re stuck like this for some decades to come, still we’ve had our day and it’s long since done. You guys keep bouncing back though and good luck with the run in.
Rotherham fan in peace on 21:12 - Mar 4 with 3960 viewsBluearmy71

Rotherham fan in peace on 21:07 - Mar 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

My thoughts on Barton have nothing to do with has reputation as a player, more his managerial record.

Most of the reports I've heard from some of those 15,000 weren't exactly glowing about Barton.

But of course I can't have an opinion, as I didn't nip down from York to Portman Road last night.

Not my problem where you choose to live bud and at which point did I say your opinion wasn't valid?
Rotherham fan in peace on 21:15 - Mar 4 with 3915 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rotherham fan in peace on 21:12 - Mar 4 by Bluearmy71

Not my problem where you choose to live bud and at which point did I say your opinion wasn't valid?

It's not my problem either, York is an amazing place to live.

It just means that I am not on the doorstep of Portman Road.

Rotherham fan in peace on 21:16 - Mar 4 with 3917 viewsmonty_radio

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:42 - Mar 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

There's been quite a bit of debate.

And most of it relates to his managerial credentials, not his personal history.

When I said I'd seen no debate about him, I was referring to his history. I've seen the stuff about his credentials - perhaps I should have made it clearer, but I had thought that my subsequent comments did.

Something I personally feel is that any backstory brings a circus with it, and I'd prefer not to be "Roy Keane's Ipswich" , Joey Barton's Ipswich", "Stevie G's Ipswich" or indeed anybody's Ipswich.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Rotherham fan in peace on 21:34 - Mar 4 with 3782 viewsFtnfwest

Rotherham fan in peace on 21:10 - Mar 4 by Ftnfwest

Apologies in advance for Saturday. I hope your goal difference is reasonably ahead of coventry’s at the moment. Afraid we’re stuck like this for some decades to come, still we’ve had our day and it’s long since done. You guys keep bouncing back though and good luck with the run in.

Oh and it wasn’t really a cod army, more like a pollock platoon
Rotherham fan in peace on 21:46 - Mar 4 with 3651 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How long a team has been in the league is irrelevant. Fleetwood (as Barton himself said) are at their peak ever. Our issue is not so much that we can lose to them but rather we can't get more than 4 wins from 20-odd other matches at this level.

"The general Ipswich town fan doesn't expect to be in the prem but does expect to be in contention in league 1."

Right with the first part but wrong with the second. We would expect to be in contention in the Championship. Rotherham are content to bounce between the two because that is about your level. We (as Barton rightly said) are at about our lowest level ever. We have the infrastructure and budget to be in the Championship. What we have failed to have for far too long is the managerial nous. Under our current owner we have had 1 manager out of 5 who has it.

Would we take Barton? No thanks. Of course he would jump at the chance to come here. Who should we take? Someone who isn't a has been or a might have been. Someone with respect from a recent top career. Someone who has a good character and likely to make good decisions and command respect. Someone like Micah Richards or Liam Rosenior.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rotherham fan in peace on 23:19 - Mar 4 with 3245 viewsRadlett_blue

Rotherham fan in peace on 21:46 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

How long a team has been in the league is irrelevant. Fleetwood (as Barton himself said) are at their peak ever. Our issue is not so much that we can lose to them but rather we can't get more than 4 wins from 20-odd other matches at this level.

"The general Ipswich town fan doesn't expect to be in the prem but does expect to be in contention in league 1."

Right with the first part but wrong with the second. We would expect to be in contention in the Championship. Rotherham are content to bounce between the two because that is about your level. We (as Barton rightly said) are at about our lowest level ever. We have the infrastructure and budget to be in the Championship. What we have failed to have for far too long is the managerial nous. Under our current owner we have had 1 manager out of 5 who has it.

Would we take Barton? No thanks. Of course he would jump at the chance to come here. Who should we take? Someone who isn't a has been or a might have been. Someone with respect from a recent top career. Someone who has a good character and likely to make good decisions and command respect. Someone like Micah Richards or Liam Rosenior.

All good points, but I think being mid table in the Championship is OK given our crowds, unless we have an owner who's prepared to lose £10m a season.
Lambert has been utterly hopeless so no wonder we're thinking whether Barton, McGreal or Bagpuss might do better. I think we're going to keep rotating managers until we hit paydirt like Sheffield United with the unheralded Chris Wilder.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Rotherham fan in peace on 00:17 - Mar 5 with 3113 viewsNthQldITFC

Rotherham fan in peace on 21:34 - Mar 4 by Ftnfwest

Oh and it wasn’t really a cod army, more like a pollock platoon

Two fat ladies actually.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Rotherham fan in peace on 00:35 - Mar 5 with 3069 viewstextbackup

Rotherham fan in peace on 20:42 - Mar 4 by Oxford_Blue

Thanks.

Yes it’s been a fall from Grace and fans will tell you it’s all the fault of the owner or the manager or other managers or a combination of all of it.

We’ve had 15-20 years of underachievement and it’s now taking its toll.

so this "15-20 years of underachievement" is the fault of? probably the bloke that's owned us and given the bare min this entire time?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Rotherham fan in peace on 08:29 - Mar 5 with 2663 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Rotherham fan in peace on 00:35 - Mar 5 by textbackup

so this "15-20 years of underachievement" is the fault of? probably the bloke that's owned us and given the bare min this entire time?

He's made poor managerial choices, he takes far too long to make decisions (Keane, Jewell, Hurst, arguably Mick and now Lambert) and clearly should sell the thing if there was somebody else with deeper pockets willing to take it on.

To be fair to him, it should be remembered he gave far more than the "bare minimum" in his first few years of ownership. It should probably also be acknowledged that he continues to put in millions each year and clearly that is his limit.
Rotherham fan in peace on 09:31 - Mar 5 with 2511 viewsitfcjoe

Rotherham fan in peace on 21:46 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't understand what Micah Richards has done to be a better candidate than Joey Barton. I know Rosenior is currently doing some coaching. Barton is currently doing a good job with a tiny club and I wouldn't bet against them going straight up

https://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/club-news/2019/july/man-city-micah-richar
“Whether I eventually take coaching badges and stay on that side of the game may be a decision for another time.”

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024