Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm 16:32 - Mar 4 with 3562 viewsRyorry

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/03/genesis-reuniting-comeback-tour-2020-12344033/

Guessing tix will be sold out within 2.5 secs.

Maybe ME could get us some, reckon he owes us ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 17:18 - Mar 4 with 3294 viewsFtnfwest

Blimey I'm in. Although I'm never quick enough for all that ticket malarkey
This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 17:20 - Mar 4 with 3293 viewsHARRY10

unfortunately Phil Collins is not in the best of health as this quite moving clip shows

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 18:13 - Mar 4 with 3248 viewsFoD_Blue

Would love to see Genesis again, but tickets are too expensive. On the top tier of the O2 arena at the back in the gods, tickets are £75 face value. £150 at the back of the first tier and if you want seats in the front seated area, £200 plus.

That is the stated face value of tickets on Viagogo, the price that is being asked on there is obviously insane.
This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 19:24 - Mar 4 with 3207 viewsHARRY10

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 18:13 - Mar 4 by FoD_Blue

Would love to see Genesis again, but tickets are too expensive. On the top tier of the O2 arena at the back in the gods, tickets are £75 face value. £150 at the back of the first tier and if you want seats in the front seated area, £200 plus.

That is the stated face value of tickets on Viagogo, the price that is being asked on there is obviously insane.

and as heretical as it may seem does £150 get you better than what that clip affords ?
This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 09:34 - Mar 5 with 3138 viewsGlasgowBlue

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 18:13 - Mar 4 by FoD_Blue

Had two tickets in my basket for the SEC Glasgow in a preheated sale. Front row, £181 each. Couldn’t bring myself to do it.

If Steve Hackett was in the line up then I would have thought about it but I can have a weekend away with the wife for that amount.

I’ll take my chances when they go on general release tomorrow.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 09:41 - Mar 5 with 3133 viewsWeWereZombies

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 09:34 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

Had two tickets in my basket for the SEC Glasgow in a preheated sale. Front row, £181 each. Couldn’t bring myself to do it.

If Steve Hackett was in the line up then I would have thought about it but I can have a weekend away with the wife for that amount.

Dare I mention that I saw the Gabriel/Hackett/Collins/ Banks/Rutherford line up four times in 1972, and was not mightily fussed each time? When I saw them headlining at Ipswich Civic College I was really there for main support band Caravan (and then barely took any notice of either band due to a forlorn romantic pursuit). When they played the Pier Pavilion in Felixstowe there were only about two hundred there, Peter Gabriel patrolled the seated semi-circle twenty feet back from the stage thrusting the mike stand in our faces.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 09:54 - Mar 5 with 3116 viewsmikeybloo88

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 09:34 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

Yep, If they’d got Hackett in then I’d also have considered it...but then said no, I don’t want see a geriatric Phil Collins. They’d be better getting Steve Hackett’s singer in as he sounds just like Gabriel...
This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 10:22 - Mar 5 with 3103 viewsSwansea_Blue

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 17:20 - Mar 4 by HARRY10

unfortunately Phil Collins is not in the best of health as this quite moving clip shows

I handn't realised what he's been through. Seems he damaged vertebrae about 10 years ago and the operation to try and address it caused nerve damage in his arms and legs forcing him to retire. Poor bloke. I was never really that interested in them, but it's a shame to see what's happened.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 10:30 - Mar 5 with 3093 viewsLord_Lucan

If Peter Gabriel was there and they binned off Phil Collins I'd possibly think about it.

Thinking about it, Genesis ceased to be Genesis when Collins took control so what is the point anyway?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 10:31 - Mar 5 with 3089 viewsMeadowlark

If it was the old ProgRock Hackett/Gabriel Genesis, I'd pay a lot of money, but the pop group Genesis? No thanks.
This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 11:02 - Mar 5 with 3068 viewsurbanblue

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 10:30 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

If Peter Gabriel was there and they binned off Phil Collins I'd possibly think about it.

Thinking about it, Genesis ceased to be Genesis when Collins took control so what is the point anyway?

Disagree on this mate! I saw Genesis on their first tour with Phil Collins singing after Gabriel left and after the release of 'Trick of the Tail'. Phil Collins came out dressed like Jesus in a white smock with the biggest feck off beard and was amazing. I remember at the time I couldn't believe that they had come up with such a brilliant album and replaced Peter Gabriel with the drummer!! I particularly remember 'Suppers Ready' ... Phil Collins nailed it!

It was brilliant ... I think I'll stick with that memory!
This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 12:22 - Mar 5 with 3000 viewsGlasgowBlue

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 10:30 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

Steve Hackett was a far bigger loss than Gabriel. Genesis made two albums in Trick of the Tail and Wind & the Wurhering that are as good as anything from the Gabriel era.

Also a lot of the pop stuff in the 80’s came from Mike Rutherford rather than Collins.

Iron Lion Zion

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 12:38 - Mar 5 with 2989 viewsurbanblue

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 12:22 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

Steve Hackett was a far bigger loss than Gabriel. Genesis made two albums in Trick of the Tail and Wind & the Wurhering that are as good as anything from the Gabriel era.

Also a lot of the pop stuff in the 80’s came from Mike Rutherford rather than Collins.

Totally agree. It's seen as 'Cool' to just love the Gabriel era Genesis but for the first few years the band with Collins on vocals were in my view, immense. Hackett leaving and Collins and Rutherford exploring solo projects was when it all started getting commercial.

I seem remember you and I fighting this battle and sticking up for much maligned Phil in a similar thread a few years ago GB.
This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 12:50 - Mar 5 with 2971 viewsLord_Lucan

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 12:38 - Mar 5 by urbanblue

Totally agree. It's seen as 'Cool' to just love the Gabriel era Genesis but for the first few years the band with Collins on vocals were in my view, immense. Hackett leaving and Collins and Rutherford exploring solo projects was when it all started getting commercial.

I seem remember you and I fighting this battle and sticking up for much maligned Phil in a similar thread a few years ago GB.

To be honest I'm not a big Genesis fan in any formation, I just have a possibly unjustified dislike of Phil Collins.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 13:02 - Mar 5 with 2942 viewsFoD_Blue

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 12:38 - Mar 5 by urbanblue

I quite liked the album that they recorded with Ray Wilson from Stiltskin (Calling all Stations?)
This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 13:22 - Mar 5 with 2916 viewsGlasgowBlue

We did indeed.

It's easy to dismiss 1980's cheeky chappy, divorced his wife via fax, pop star Phil Collins but his drumming in Genesis was immense. Add that to his side project, jazz fusion Brand X and the gated drum sound he used on Peter Gabriel's third album which he later perfected on In The Air Tonight. He's a musicians musician with credits on some very credible albums.

And a great deal of hip hop artists cite him as an influence.

edit. Found the clip you were talking about

[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 16:51]

Iron Lion Zion

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 13:33 - Mar 5 with 2912 viewsnoggin

And as if by magic, thousands of tickets will end up in the hands of touts, as always.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 14:32 - Mar 5 with 2883 viewsWeWereZombies

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 13:22 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

We did indeed.

It's easy to dismiss 1980's cheeky chappy, divorced his wife via fax, pop star Phil Collins but his drumming in Genesis was immense. Add that to his side project, jazz fusion Brand X and the gated drum sound he used on Peter Gabriel's third album which he later perfected on In The Air Tonight. He's a musicians musician with credits on some very credible albums.

Phil Collins factoid - he wangled his way into the 'All Things Must Pass' sessions and turned up expecting to play kit drums. However George Harrison put him on congas, which he had never played before (that lovable scouse humour, eh?), nevertheless he ended up on the record.

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 14:43 - Mar 5 with 2876 viewsHARRY10

Because it is an 'event' and 'experience' etc

Just as a cup final is not really about watching football

They are even selling tickets to see some dead singer on stage as a hologram

Maybe Gary Glitter will get back on the road when he gets out of the nick

I mean, the music is still the same .....
This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 14:51 - Mar 5 with 2863 viewsLord_Lucan

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 14:43 - Mar 5 by HARRY10

Because it is an 'event' and 'experience' etc

Just as a cup final is not really about watching football

They are even selling tickets to see some dead singer on stage as a hologram

Maybe Gary Glitter will get back on the road when he gets out of the nick

I mean, the music is still the same .....

What a load of tut.

If I'm going to spend that sort of money I'd spend it on an "Experience" that I would enjoy, I mean it's not as if it's a once in a lifetime thing is it.

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 14:53 - Mar 5 with 2861 viewsjontysnut

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 11:02 - Mar 5 by urbanblue

Disagree on this mate! I saw Genesis on their first tour with Phil Collins singing after Gabriel left and after the release of 'Trick of the Tail'. Phil Collins came out dressed like Jesus in a white smock with the biggest feck off beard and was amazing. I remember at the time I couldn't believe that they had come up with such a brilliant album and replaced Peter Gabriel with the drummer!! I particularly remember 'Suppers Ready' ... Phil Collins nailed it!

It was brilliant ... I think I'll stick with that memory!

yes I saw them at the Gaumont and even queued overnight for tickets!
This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 15:06 - Mar 5 with 2853 viewsHARRY10

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 14:51 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

What a load of tut.

If I'm going to spend that sort of money I'd spend it on an "Experience" that I would enjoy, I mean it's not as if it's a once in a lifetime thing is it.

You may have missed the point, which is those buying tickets will not be doing so because they are there for the music.

Most things sell out because it is an 'event' so promoters know they can charge the earth

So it is more me ridiculing than seeing it as worthy
This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 15:23 - Mar 5 with 2836 viewsRadlett_blue

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 13:22 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

We did indeed.

There's a Genesis tribute band called The Musical Box whom I was going to see locally but they cancelled. Anyone seen them?
FYI, I know the brother of Genesis founder Tony Phillips pretty well and they couldn't be more unlike - he's an investment banker.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 18:02 - Mar 5 with 2796 viewsWeWereZombies

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 15:23 - Mar 5 by Radlett_blue

There's a Genesis tribute band called The Musical Box whom I was going to see locally but they cancelled. Anyone seen them?
FYI, I know the brother of Genesis founder Tony Phillips pretty well and they couldn't be more unlike - he's an investment banker.

Quite a revelation...

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 11:09 - Mar 7 with 2615 viewsWeWereZombies

This had better not be a disappointment, don't think I could handle any more atm on 17:20 - Mar 4 by HARRY10

Another revelation in this clip is that Frank Zappa rated Mickey Jones in the top ten guitarists, forty years ago I spent an evening with a friend I had met on an overland trip to Morocco and we went to watch a soul revue band in the pub across the road. When we went back to his flat in a modest block in Herne HIll for a few more drinks we bumped into his neighbour, Mickey Jones. Like me a modest sized bloke (here the similarity ends) with a modest guitar case, modest amp and equally modest height and quietly alluring girlfriend. We had a brief chat and went our separate ways but I am still slightly disappointed that maybe I could have been Mickey Jones' roadie for the evening if only my mate had told me who lived next door.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 11:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024