Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our league record against those teams who finished above us: 19:25 - Jun 10 with 5313 viewsdominiciawful

Played: 18
Wins: 2
Draws: 8
Losses: 8
Goals for: 8
Goals against: 17

Sunderland (H) - D 1-1
Peterborough United (A) - D 2-2
Doncaster Rovers (H) - D 0-0
Gillingham (A) - W 1-0
Fleetwood Town (A) - W 1-0
Rotherham United (H) - L 0-2
Wycombe Wanderers (H) - D 0-0
Coventry City (A) - D 1-1
Portsmouth (A) - L 0-1
Gillingham (H) - D 0-0
Wycombe Wanderers (A) - D 1-1
Oxford United (A) - D 0-0
Rotherham United (A) - L 0-1
Peterborough United (H) - L 1-4
Sunderland (A) - L 0-1
Oxford United (H) - L 0-1
Fleetwood Town (H) - L 0-1
Coventry City (H) - L 0-1

Jesus wept.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 19:35 - Jun 10 with 5273 viewsShawsey

Sums it up nicely.
Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 20:50 - Jun 10 with 5141 viewsHerbivore

Only 8 goals in those 18 games is pathetic. Defensively we did fairly okay, but that's really pathetic in front of goal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 20:57 - Jun 10 with 5132 viewspatrickswell

If we’re looking for positives, there’s a lot of single goal defeats in there and we should have beaten Wycombe at home but for the referee making up laws on the spot. Am so annoyed about that, I hope they flop in the play offs.
Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 21:05 - Jun 10 with 5115 viewsChrisd

Doesn’t make good reading. Is it any wonder why we ended up a mid table side?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert out (n/t) on 21:31 - Jun 10 with 5073 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 22:52 - Jun 10 with 4993 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 20:57 - Jun 10 by patrickswell

If we’re looking for positives, there’s a lot of single goal defeats in there and we should have beaten Wycombe at home but for the referee making up laws on the spot. Am so annoyed about that, I hope they flop in the play offs.

And if we are not, we notice we snatched a late point at Peterborough and we look at how many of those home games we never looked like we even competed in. Rotherham as a prime example.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 23:07 - Jun 10 with 4973 viewsrgp1

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 22:52 - Jun 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

And if we are not, we notice we snatched a late point at Peterborough and we look at how many of those home games we never looked like we even competed in. Rotherham as a prime example.

As I stated in a previous news article on here why did we capitulate so badly before the season ended? Lambert stated in his interview that people were not complaining when we were winning and not playing that well. I seem to remember many on here and listening to the phone ins on the way home from many away games that many many people were concerned about the way we were playing. Was it squad rotation or something else, maybe we'll know in a few years time.

Simon Grayson summed it up perfectly when interviewed about his time at Sunderland where he basically said it was a dead duck as soon as he walked through the door. Of course he was never going to say that at the time.
Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 23:25 - Jun 10 with 4950 viewsIllinoisblue

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 20:57 - Jun 10 by patrickswell

We should have beaten Sunderland at home too; dominated until Chambers blunder. I had erased the memory of that travesty V wycombe. Hope they get battered

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 23:49 - Jun 10 with 4919 viewspointofblue

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 23:25 - Jun 10 by Illinoisblue

We should have beaten Sunderland at home too; dominated until Chambers blunder. I had erased the memory of that travesty V wycombe. Hope they get battered

Probably should have beaten Oxford at home; dominated until they scored a sucker punch just before half time. Then again we should have probably lost to Doncaster. We dominated in the first half against Sunderland both home and away; we just about maintained control during the second half at home but they turned the tables at the Stadium of Light. Don’t think our performance at Coventry was too bad?

Still none of this stops me thinking that Lambert should go now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 00:00 - Jun 11 with 4910 viewspatrickswell

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 23:49 - Jun 10 by pointofblue

Probably should have beaten Oxford at home; dominated until they scored a sucker punch just before half time. Then again we should have probably lost to Doncaster. We dominated in the first half against Sunderland both home and away; we just about maintained control during the second half at home but they turned the tables at the Stadium of Light. Don’t think our performance at Coventry was too bad?

Still none of this stops me thinking that Lambert should go now.

Not forgetting during January’s run of good form, when Lambert was apparently told by the referee in the game at Oxford that the only reason he didn’t award a penalty when James Norwood was pulled down, was because he hadn’t given Oxford a free kick due to Norwood fouling the defender earlier in the play. I forget which page in the laws says that two wrongs cancel themselves out.
Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 06:11 - Jun 11 with 4781 viewsChrisd

Wycombe could’ve won that game too, but for Holy’s late penalty save.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 07:10 - Jun 11 with 4729 viewsHerbivore

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 06:11 - Jun 11 by Chrisd

Wycombe could’ve won that game too, but for Holy’s late penalty save.

From a foul that was outside the box. The officials that night may as well have been wearing Wycombe shirts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 08:09 - Jun 11 with 4660 viewsSteve_M

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 00:00 - Jun 11 by patrickswell

Not forgetting during January’s run of good form, when Lambert was apparently told by the referee in the game at Oxford that the only reason he didn’t award a penalty when James Norwood was pulled down, was because he hadn’t given Oxford a free kick due to Norwood fouling the defender earlier in the play. I forget which page in the laws says that two wrongs cancel themselves out.

Indeed. It would have taken a great deal for us to have got a lot more points from those matches. There are only a couple of really poor performances in there.

However that we didn't reflects our inability to create enough chances, which is a structural failing of Lambert's.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 08:15 - Jun 11 with 4647 viewsIpswichKnight

I thought we were better than Oxford in both games, we should have won at Oxford if it wasn't for the ref deciding that Norwood had fouled there centre half but we can play on and the centre half can foul him in the area to make up for it. We didn't look outclassed by Coventry at home but again we just didn't create anything like enough chances and as others have said that is where the failing is. Were solid enough at the back but still have the mistakes in us ( they don't go as punished as much as they did in the championship ). I think most of the good teams in this league know were toothless up front and just bide your time and the mistake will come and punish us when it does.
Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 08:44 - Jun 11 with 4615 viewsitfcjoe

Just don't score goals, or create chances in all reality.

In only one game do we score 2 goals or more, and in only 3 games do we concede 2 goals or more.

Stats say that if you score 2 goals you generally win, and if you concede 2 you generally lose - so all those games are even enough with our defence doing enough - but just no goals in the side

No goals from midfield in the squad, or out wide and 2 strikers with decent returns who scored in streaks

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 18:51 - Jun 11 with 4487 viewsstrikalite

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 08:44 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

Just don't score goals, or create chances in all reality.

In only one game do we score 2 goals or more, and in only 3 games do we concede 2 goals or more.

Stats say that if you score 2 goals you generally win, and if you concede 2 you generally lose - so all those games are even enough with our defence doing enough - but just no goals in the side

No goals from midfield in the squad, or out wide and 2 strikers with decent returns who scored in streaks

This lack of goals from midfield has been going on for many seasons now too..

First half goals too being a big problem, check out how many first half goals we've scored in the last three seasons..
Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 19:45 - Jun 11 with 4441 viewsitfcjoe

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 18:51 - Jun 11 by strikalite

This lack of goals from midfield has been going on for many seasons now too..

First half goals too being a big problem, check out how many first half goals we've scored in the last three seasons..

Trust me, as a ST holder in the South Stand I'm aware how infrequently we score at that end in the 1st half!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 21:49 - Jun 11 with 4370 viewsKropotkin123

That looks like it is in order too. So undefeated in the first five, with two wins and five goals. Should have beaten Sunderland too.

In the final twelve we scored three goals and didn't win a game... And we lost the final six, scoring just one. Dreadful.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Our league record against those teams who finished above us: on 12:52 - Jun 12 with 4210 viewsericclacton

That's Dez pick a bell, but something i was aware of.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024