Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Championship is getting interesting 14:31 - Jun 27 with 1657 viewsChrisd

Some intriguing results so far today. Charlton and Luton are both winning and Cardiff now in the top 6, beating Preston at Deepdale. Derby quietly closing the gap too. Appears both ends of the table are going to the final game to sort out placings. There are some big sides that are staring nervously at that relegation trapdoor to L1. For all it's financial faults, it is the most interesting division IMO.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The Championship is getting interesting on 14:35 - Jun 27 with 1634 viewsgainsboroughblue

Where did Derby come from?

When I was looking at the static table during lockdown, they were nowhere.

Interesting indeed though. Charlton will be as glad as anyone that the season was able to restart, especially as they'd only just literally dropped into the bottom three. Anybody's guess who goes down there.

It would also be funny if Leeds blew it again.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The Championship is getting interesting on 14:44 - Jun 27 with 1584 viewsChrisd

The Championship is getting interesting on 14:35 - Jun 27 by gainsboroughblue

Interesting indeed though. Charlton will be as glad as anyone that the season was able to restart, especially as they'd only just literally dropped into the bottom three. Anybody's guess who goes down there.

If Barnsley can find a goal against Millwall, it's going to draw so many other sides into that relegation scrap. I'm going to admit this Gainsboroughblue, but I want to see Leeds United get promoted, they are a quality side and will be a good addition to the EPL.

The Championship is getting interesting on 14:44 - Jun 27 with 1584 viewsbournemouthblue

I'd take Hull, Luton and Barnsley right now

We can do without Boro or Stoke being down here

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Championship is getting interesting on 14:46 - Jun 27 with 1576 viewsChrisd

The Championship is getting interesting on 14:44 - Jun 27 by bournemouthblue

Huddersfield Town are right in the mix too.

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:18 - Jun 27 with 1541 viewsgainsboroughblue

Hull 2 up.

Huddersfield in bottom 3 as it stands.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:26 - Jun 27 with 1516 viewsbournemouthblue

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:18 - Jun 27 by gainsboroughblue

Hull 2 up.

It looks like I have jinxed it

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:27 - Jun 27 with 1510 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The Championship is getting interesting on 14:44 - Jun 27 by bournemouthblue

Yep, Boro and Stoke would both walk this league along with Sunderland, Portsmouth and Peterborough.

We want more of the easy Hull, Luton and Barnsleys now. The easy pushovers like Coventry, Rotherham and Wycombe have been … or indeed for us Accrington, Bristol Rovers and Blackpool.

It is about how good a team is not their reputation. The worst 3 this season will get relegated and there is no reason to expect them to be better than the sides that stay up.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:28 - Jun 27 with 1509 viewsbournemouthblue

The Championship is getting interesting on 14:46 - Jun 27 by Chrisd

Huddersfield Town are right in the mix too.

Any team who comes down is generally in a bit of mess in fairness but we'd prefer the three with the smallest budgets ideally

Login to get fewer ads

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:33 - Jun 27 with 1500 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:28 - Jun 27 by bournemouthblue

Any team who comes down is generally in a bit of mess in fairness but we'd prefer the three with the smallest budgets ideally

Again, how do Coventry, Rotherham and those in the play-offs compare by budget with us, Sunderland and Peterborough?

It is down to management on and off the field. Yes, a well-run club in those respects will outperform one with a smaller budget but we are not seeing that consistently at any level in this country (even in the Premier League).

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:36 - Jun 27 with 1484 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The Championship is getting interesting on 14:35 - Jun 27 by gainsboroughblue

Derby won their game in hand and then won 2 more. 3 wins on the bounce has put them within 3 points and 3 places of the top 6. It smacks of the "oh look we might make the play-offs" hope we are all too used to.

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:45 - Jun 27 with 1459 viewsBlueBadger

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:36 - Jun 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Derby won their game in hand and then won 2 more. 3 wins on the bounce has put them within 3 points and 3 places of the top 6. It smacks of the "oh look we might make the play-offs" hope we are all too used to.

They'll still manage their traditional amusing failure, no doubt.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:53 - Jun 27 with 1440 viewsPinewoodblue

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:33 - Jun 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Again, how do Coventry, Rotherham and those in the play-offs compare by budget with us, Sunderland and Peterborough?

It is down to management on and off the field. Yes, a well-run club in those respects will outperform one with a smaller budget but we are not seeing that consistently at any level in this country (even in the Premier League).

Turned into a handicap sprint rather than a marathon. Perhaps we would have been in with a chance of play offs had League one restarted.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The Championship is getting interesting on 16:22 - Jun 27 with 1410 viewsParisBlue

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:18 - Jun 27 by gainsboroughblue

Hull 2 up.

Hull 2-2 now...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

The Championship is getting interesting on 16:29 - Jun 27 with 1386 viewsParisBlue

The Championship is getting interesting on 16:22 - Jun 27 by ParisBlue

Hull 2-2 now...

Hull 3-2

Anyone prepared to predict the Championship?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

The Championship is getting interesting on 16:44 - Jun 27 with 1350 viewsChrisd

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:36 - Jun 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

It could be their turn to make a late surge for the play offs and be the form team instead of the one that runs out of gas, although Cardiff seem on a decent run currently. It's all very tight, too tight to call. I'm sure there will be plenty of twists and turns along the way.

The Championship is getting interesting on 16:46 - Jun 27 with 1346 viewsPinewoodblue

The Championship is getting interesting on 16:29 - Jun 27 by ParisBlue

Hull 3-2

Handbags.....illegal gathering in the brum/ hull game.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The Championship is getting interesting on 17:09 - Jun 27 with 1317 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:53 - Jun 27 by Pinewoodblue

Turned into a handicap sprint rather than a marathon. Perhaps we would have been in with a chance of play offs had League one restarted.

"Perhaps we would have been in with a chance of play offs had League one restarted."

Not if our form is any sort of indication. See my point about Derby and that all-too-familiar "we could make the play-offs" feeling.

The Championship is getting interesting on 17:17 - Jun 27 with 1306 viewsHipsterectomy

It also looks like anyone from 5th to 12th could end up in the play offs. And 17th to 24th could go down.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

The Championship is getting interesting on 17:51 - Jun 27 with 1271 viewswoodbridge_blue

The Championship is getting interesting on 16:29 - Jun 27 by ParisBlue

Hull 3-2

Totally bonkers
The Championship is getting interesting on 19:36 - Jun 27 with 1210 viewsITFC_Forever

Barnsley, Hull and one other... quite possibly Stoke.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Championship is getting interesting on 09:48 - Jun 28 with 989 viewsbournemouthblue

The Championship is getting interesting on 15:33 - Jun 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Coventry have rebuilt over a number of years, the same is true of Portsmouth and Peterborough

Sunderland actually spent a lot the season before last I believe?

The Championship is getting interesting on 09:59 - Jun 28 with 972 viewsOldsmoker

Warnocks first game for Boro gets them a 2-0 away win at Stoke.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The Championship is getting interesting on 10:08 - Jun 28 with 961 viewsmonty_radio

The Championship is getting interesting on 09:48 - Jun 28 by bournemouthblue

Coventry have rebuilt over a number of years, the same is true of Portsmouth and Peterborough

Sunderland actually spent a lot the season before last I believe?

Words such as "rebuild" have a sad echo around the empty portals of our club. The tone of so many posts on here is one of a sad acceptance that we're not going to spend anything, even if we sell. This, coupled with a no-plan management at every level.

A mix of slowly declining older pros and jam tomorrow youths is all that seems to be on offer. In this thread we are looking up at yesterday's dross and seeing them as tomorrow's threat as they come down to join us. Rebuild? Where is it to come from?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The Championship is getting interesting on 11:23 - Jun 28 with 898 viewsm14_blue

The Championship is getting interesting on 14:44 - Jun 27 by Chrisd

If Barnsley can find a goal against Millwall, it's going to draw so many other sides into that relegation scrap. I'm going to admit this Gainsboroughblue, but I want to see Leeds United get promoted, they are a quality side and will be a good addition to the EPL.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024