Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? 15:42 - Jul 21 with 3093 viewsWoolfenthen

4-4-2, 5-3-2??

Presuming everyone is fully fit of course, not what you think Lambert would pick but your preferred 11.

Holy
KVY Chambers Woolfenden Nydam
Lankester Huws Downes Judge
Norwood Jackson

Subs: (if it is indeed 7 subs)

Wilson
Wright (GK)
Edwards
Dozzell
Bishop
Dobra
Sears

Others: (based on the 24 players given a squad number)

Kenlock
El Mizouni
Nsiala
Nolan
Skuse
Donacien
IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 15:50 - Jul 21 with 1719 viewsclive_baker

Holy

KVY Chambers Woolfenden Kenlock

Lancaster Downes Dozzell Bishop Sears

Norwood

Bench: Wright, Nsiala, Nolan, El Mizouni, Dobra, Judge, Jackson

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 15:56 - Jul 21 with 1696 viewsHerbivore

4-3-3 for me.

Holy

KVY
Chambo
Woolf
Kenlock (sob)

Downes
Dozzell
Huws

Jackson
Norwood
Lankester

Subs:

Wright
Wilson
Skuse
El Miz
Bishop
Sears
Dobra

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 16:16 - Jul 21 with 1654 viewsDinnernotTea

GK HOLY

LB KENLOCK
CB WOOLFENDEN
CB WILSON
RB VINCENT-YOUNG

LW LANKESTER
CM DOWNES
CM NOLAN
RW EDWARDS

STR NORWOOD
STR JACKSON

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 16:20 - Jul 21 with 1635 viewsHerbivore

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 16:16 - Jul 21 by DinnernotTea

GK HOLY

LB KENLOCK
CB WOOLFENDEN
CB WILSON
RB VINCENT-YOUNG

LW LANKESTER
CM DOWNES
CM NOLAN
RW EDWARDS

STR NORWOOD
STR JACKSON

Wilson ahead of Chambers? My word.

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 16:39 - Jul 21 with 1611 viewsGarv

Holy
Downes Huws
Lankester Judge Dobra
Norwood

edit: if everyone fit, Bishop replaces Judge. Potentially Sears for Dobra as well actually.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 17:07]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 16:49 - Jul 21 with 1586 viewsIpswichKnight

For me it will be

Holy
KVY - Woolfy - Chambers - Kenlock
Downes - Huws
Lankaster - El Miz - Dobra
Norwood

Subs
Wright
Nydam
Edwards
Jackson
Judge
Sears
Wilson
IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 16:53 - Jul 21 with 1573 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 16:49 - Jul 21 by IpswichKnight

For me it will be

Holy
KVY - Woolfy - Chambers - Kenlock
Downes - Huws
Lankaster - El Miz - Dobra
Norwood

Subs
Wright
Nydam
Edwards
Jackson
Judge
Sears
Wilson

This.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:04 - Jul 21 with 1545 viewsWallingford_Boy

Nydam seems a strange choice, but I guess out of him or Kenlock, has to be him!

Bishop has to be in if its based on all being fit, I'd push Judge behind Norwood and drop Jackson.

Looking at the options on the bench we are woefully short on quality aren't we?

Especially as Downes looks likely to be off.

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:13 - Jul 21 with 1516 viewsHerbivore

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:04 - Jul 21 by Wallingford_Boy

Bishop has to be in if its based on all being fit, I'd push Judge behind Norwood and drop Jackson.

Judge over Jackson is a horrible shout based on their respective performances for us. One of them scores goals and creates chances, the other is Alan Judge.

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:16 - Jul 21 with 1509 viewsGarv

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:13 - Jul 21 by Herbivore

Judge over Jackson is a horrible shout based on their respective performances for us. One of them scores goals and creates chances, the other is Alan Judge.

Do you not rate him?

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:24 - Jul 21 with 1484 viewsBlueBadger

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:16 - Jul 21 by Garv

Do you not rate him?

It's fair to say that he's no Andy Drury.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:34 - Jul 21 with 1469 viewsStenvict

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 16:16 - Jul 21 by DinnernotTea

GK HOLY

LB KENLOCK
CB WOOLFENDEN
CB WILSON
RB VINCENT-YOUNG

LW LANKESTER
CM DOWNES
CM NOLAN
RW EDWARDS

STR NORWOOD
STR JACKSON

Lancaster is better on the right cutting in on his left. Edwards' favoured position is LW. Chambers is better than Wilson.

Poll: What will be announced first?

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:46 - Jul 21 with 1454 viewsBig_Steve

4-4-2

Downes or Woolfy

KVY, Woolfy, Woolfy, KVY

KVY, Downes, Downes, KVY

Downes, Woolfy

Cloning has been invented, right?
IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:46 - Jul 21 with 1450 viewsHerbivore

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:16 - Jul 21 by Garv

Do you not rate him?

Think even his biggest fan boys would have to acknowledge that he's been utterly hopeless. He was meant to tear the division apart and he did naff all. At his age I can't see him getting any better.

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:50 - Jul 21 with 1440 viewsSpruceMoose

Judging by last season it would have to be the women's team.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 18:01 - Jul 21 with 1410 viewsBlueBadger

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:50 - Jul 21 by SpruceMoose

Judging by last season it would have to be the women's team.

Agree to disagree.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lambert out. (n/t) on 18:03 - Jul 21 with 1407 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 18:13 - Jul 21 with 1391 viewsBlueBadger

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:34 - Jul 21 by Stenvict

Lancaster is better on the right cutting in on his left. Edwards' favoured position is LW. Chambers is better than Wilson.

Although Edwards' BEST position is the reserves..

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 18:13 - Jul 21 with 1393 viewsmonty_radio

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 15:50 - Jul 21 by clive_baker

Holy

Lancaster Downes Dozzell Bishop Sears

Norwood

Bench: Wright, Nsiala, Nolan, El Mizouni, Dobra, Judge, Jackson

That midfield, although five strong may well need to be. On an icy pitch there might only be Downes still standing by half-time.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 18:19 - Jul 21 with 1387 viewsGarv

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:46 - Jul 21 by Herbivore

Think even his biggest fan boys would have to acknowledge that he's been utterly hopeless. He was meant to tear the division apart and he did naff all. At his age I can't see him getting any better.

I think his quality is still there if he can get into a rhythm and find consistency, but I agree age and legs are big factors at this stage.

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 18:25 - Jul 21 with 1374 viewsHerbivore

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 18:19 - Jul 21 by Garv

I think his quality is still there if he can get into a rhythm and find consistency, but I agree age and legs are big factors at this stage.

I've not really seen much quality from him. In fact his touch, passing and crossing all looked pretty ropey for most of last season. Think he had two or three good games all season, which is a pretty poor contribution.

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 18:26 - Jul 21 with 1368 viewsBlueBadger

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 18:19 - Jul 21 by Garv

He's had a season and a half now..

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 19:15 - Jul 21 with 1296 viewsGarv

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 18:26 - Jul 21 by BlueBadger

He's had a season and a half now..

You've had several seasons to grow out of making the same jokes over and over but it doesn't stop you does it?

Will Nydam be ready? (n/t) on 19:20 - Jul 21 with 1281 viewsScottCandage

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 17:04 - Jul 21 by Wallingford_Boy

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 19:26 - Jul 21 with 1273 viewsGarv

IF the season started tomorrow, what is our strongest line up? on 18:25 - Jul 21 by Herbivore

I've not really seen much quality from him. In fact his touch, passing and crossing all looked pretty ropey for most of last season. Think he had two or three good games all season, which is a pretty poor contribution.

Yep, there was more bad than good but the point still stands, he's still got quality to give and it's silly to ignore that, he just needs to find consistency. He's still up there in terms of top goals scored and assisted in our squad (somehow), behind Garbutt who won't be here next season.

I don't blame you for thinking that consistency won't come, because it might not. I just don't think disregarding him as a useful player would be wise.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024