Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year 21:16 - Dec 30 with 1718 viewsElderGrizzly

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 21:20]
Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:20 - Dec 30 with 1653 viewsFixed_It

No doubt signing for 'footballing reasons'!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:20 - Dec 30 with 1649 viewsipswichtillidie

Good pension for him. Essentially retired now mind. No one will care what he does now.

Gav

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:23 - Dec 30 with 1623 viewsElderGrizzly

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:20 - Dec 30 by ipswichtillidie

Good pension for him. Essentially retired now mind. No one will care what he does now.

Link is to promote Saudi 2030 for the World Cup too
Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:24 - Dec 30 with 1625 viewsLeoMuff

Embarrassed for him really.

What a waste of someones money, what is the point for him he must have more cash than anyone could ever spend for him and his future descendants.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:26 - Dec 30 with 1589 viewsPhilTWTD

#prayforkeno
Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:27 - Dec 30 with 1584 viewsipswichtillidie

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:24 - Dec 30 by LeoMuff

What a waste of someones money, what is the point for him he must have more cash than anyone could ever spend for him and his future descendants.

His ego made this happen. Wage demands so high for his age no respectable top club would take the punt. (Man U) aside. Can still score goals at the top level but wants to be the main man still. First billionaire footballer maybe?

Gav

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:30 - Dec 30 with 1574 viewsLeoMuff

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:27 - Dec 30 by ipswichtillidie

His ego made this happen. Wage demands so high for his age no respectable top club would take the punt. (Man U) aside. Can still score goals at the top level but wants to be the main man still. First billionaire footballer maybe?

I suppose if he has accepted that he can no longer play football at the top level, might as well get a massive pay off.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:31 - Dec 30 with 1559 viewsKeno

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:26 - Dec 30 by PhilTWTD

#prayforkeno

Nah, knew is wasn’t right for Town

I note the the Mbappe link hasn’t been denied yet tho

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 22:44 - Dec 30 with 1440 viewsCrawfordsboot

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:27 - Dec 30 by ipswichtillidie

You miss the point. This is no longer about football he is simply monetising his fame. He is not being paid for his current ability on the field of play.

Yes he’s narcissistic but then so are many faded old entertainers. No one is forced to pay him the sums talked about. They do so for their own reasons and for their own advantage.
Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 23:00 - Dec 30 with 1398 viewsXYZ

Are all *serious football supporters* now victims of Stockholm Syndrome?

* Full disclosure: I'm not a "serious football supporter" in this context.
Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 00:11 - Dec 31 with 1232 viewsSharkey

To be fair to him, by this stage he is surely thinking beyond 'his future descendents. I think he is already a committed and organised heavyweight philanthropist in Madeira for starters, and also in Gaza, and he may feel that he can divert Saudi oil money into something truly far-reaching. The amount of money is obscene of course, but that's not his fault, and it could be that he has commendable and highly ambitious plans for what to do with it, and thus simply takes the best offer he can get.

(I'm impressed that he donates his bone marrow, - until I read that i didn't even realise it was a thing that an elite sportsman could do.)
Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 00:13 - Dec 31 with 1223 viewsbournemouthblue

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:23 - Dec 30 by ElderGrizzly

Link is to promote Saudi 2030 for the World Cup too

Sounds about right

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 00:26 - Dec 31 with 1174 viewstazdac

Is this any different to pele signing for NY Cosmos? :o)
Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 00:29 - Dec 31 with 1172 viewsjeera

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 00:11 - Dec 31 by Sharkey

To be fair to him, by this stage he is surely thinking beyond 'his future descendents. I think he is already a committed and organised heavyweight philanthropist in Madeira for starters, and also in Gaza, and he may feel that he can divert Saudi oil money into something truly far-reaching. The amount of money is obscene of course, but that's not his fault, and it could be that he has commendable and highly ambitious plans for what to do with it, and thus simply takes the best offer he can get.

(I'm impressed that he donates his bone marrow, - until I read that i didn't even realise it was a thing that an elite sportsman could do.)

I was thinking along the same lines.

You'd hope he'd see this as an opportunity to play at a relatively non-taxing level and rake in an enormous amount of money from stupidly rich people and spend it wisely on helping people who desperately need it.

I'd say it's a possible outcome.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 03:45 - Dec 31 with 1075 viewsSE1blue

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 00:11 - Dec 31 by Sharkey

I also think he knew before the World Cup that his time in the spotlight was all but done and younger names would take over the limelight following the tournament.

So, he accelerated the possibility of a final big pay day by engineering a fallout with Man Utd via the Piers Morgan interview. Offers could then come in and I’d speculate that this Saudi deal was probably hashed out whilst the Ronaldo/Messi hype flowed at the World Cup and before he bowed out in tears.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 08:16 - Dec 31 with 878 viewsFtnfwest

A significant amount will be going to his own and other charities I would imagine, as it has in the past. He just doesn’t tend to go on about it.
Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 09:58 - Dec 31 with 754 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:31 - Dec 30 by Keno

Nah, knew is wasn’t right for Town

I note the the Mbappe link hasn’t been denied yet tho

first Mata, now Ronaldo.

Fk sake, these realistic signings just aren't coming off are they.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 11:18 - Dec 31 with 658 viewsBloomBlue

Ronaldo signs for Saudi club for 200m a year on 21:26 - Dec 30 by PhilTWTD

#prayforkeno

I actually think all that means is Keno will be correct, just a couple of years late. In 2 years as we reach the Prem, the Yanks will sell out to the Saudis and Ronaldo will join Town.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024