Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" 15:05 - Sep 4 with 3595 viewsHerbivore

Not everything is about you, Paul. If you really have such a duty of care to Downes, why make his situation about how you'd have just cracked on? Tw@t.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:12 - Sep 4 with 3571 viewsGarv

You've got a massive chip on your shoulder because of one man you don't know. It's one thing having a common view that he shouldn't be in a job but give it a rest for goodness sake.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:24 - Sep 4 with 3503 viewsBlueBadger

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:12 - Sep 4 by Garv

You've got a massive chip on your shoulder because of one man you don't know. It's one thing having a common view that he shouldn't be in a job but give it a rest for goodness sake.

I'm just suprised that PRP didn't mention Dortmund when he did that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:24 - Sep 4 with 3506 viewsHerbivore

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:12 - Sep 4 by Garv

Nah.

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:25 - Sep 4 with 3501 viewsHerbivore

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:24 - Sep 4 by BlueBadger

He did mention them later though, thank goodness.

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:26 - Sep 4 with 3503 viewsParmigiano

It's a very odd thing to say though. It reads as an unsubtle dig at Downes, basically implying that a "grown-up" would play but I have to look after this delicate 21 year old.
(No subject) on 15:26 - Sep 4 with 3497 viewsKeno

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:24 - Sep 4 by BlueBadger

vorsprung Lamberk technik
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 15:26]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:34 - Sep 4 with 3463 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was a bit surprised we gave him time off tbh. He's supposed to be a pro. Fair enough if it was a family bereavement of something similar, but getting the hump because transfer negotiations aren't going as quickly as you'd like seems a bit churlish to me. Having interest and moving clubs is part of being a pro.

Or maybe it's just an excuse and he hasn't the hump, in which case the club were unnecessarily soft or we won't see him again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:36 - Sep 4 with 3459 viewsHerbivore

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:34 - Sep 4 by Swansea_Blue

I was a bit surprised we gave him time off tbh. He's supposed to be a pro. Fair enough if it was a family bereavement of something similar, but getting the hump because transfer negotiations aren't going as quickly as you'd like seems a bit churlish to me. Having interest and moving clubs is part of being a pro.

Or maybe it's just an excuse and he hasn't the hump, in which case the club were unnecessarily soft or we won't see him again.

To be fair after Alan Judge was linked with QPR he took the whole of 2019/20 off so I think we can forgive Downes missing one cup game.

Login to get fewer ads

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:42 - Sep 4 with 3417 viewsSwansea_Blue

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:36 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

To be fair after Alan Judge was linked with QPR he took the whole of 2019/20 off so I think we can forgive Downes missing one cup game.

too true

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

(No subject) on 15:45 - Sep 4 with 3404 viewsBlueBadger

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:36 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

Glorious work.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 16:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:47 - Sep 4 with 3392 viewsIpswichKnight

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:25 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

He did mention them later though, thank goodness.

Really, you know I had no Idea he played for Dortmund and imagine my surprise when I found out by pure chance he won the Champions league.
"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 16:03 - Sep 4 with 3334 viewsGarv

Where is this quote from, out of interest?

Phil's article says 'I'd have played him', which is different. Is the quote from somewhere else?

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 16:10 - Sep 4 with 3320 viewsPhilTWTD

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 16:03 - Sep 4 by Garv

Phil's article says 'I'd have played him', which is different. Is the quote from somewhere else?

He was a bit indistinct in what he said to us, he said both as it happens having listened to the iFollow interview in which he makes the same points but with more clarity. I amended the piece I wrote once I'd heard that.
(No subject) on 16:13 - Sep 4 with 3297 viewsHerbivore

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 16:03 - Sep 4 by Garv

It was from Phil's article, which it seems he may have subsequently changed. He's still a tw@t either way (Lambert, not Phil).

Edit - it's still right there in Phil's article. Lots of down arrowers about, clearly some people think everything is all about Lambert.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 16:16]

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 17:36 - Sep 4 with 3178 viewsuefacup81

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 15:34 - Sep 4 by Swansea_Blue

I got the impression that 'my head isn't in the right place' is very much agent-induced code for "I don't want to pick up a knock and ruin my chances of a move".

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 18:31 - Sep 4 with 3110 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 17:36 - Sep 4 by uefacup81

I got the impression that 'my head isn't in the right place' is very much agent-induced code for "I don't want to pick up a knock and ruin my chances of a move".

That is exactly what I would have said and what Lambert should have said. He should never play for Town again.
(No subject) on 10:59 - Sep 5 with 2904 viewsGarv

(No subject) on 16:13 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

It was from Phil's article, which it seems he may have subsequently changed. He's still a tw@t either way (Lambert, not Phil).

Edit - it's still right there in Phil's article. Lots of down arrowers about, clearly some people think everything is all about Lambert.

Get over yourself.

(No subject) on 11:30 - Sep 5 with 2869 viewsRyorry

(No subject) on 16:13 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

(No subject) on 11:45 - Sep 5 with 2848 viewsRyorry

(No subject) on 11:30 - Sep 5 by Ryorry

Thanks for endorsing my joke Herbivore

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

(No subject) on 11:55 - Sep 5 with 2832 viewsBrixtonBlue

(No subject) on 11:30 - Sep 5 by Ryorry

Spot on Ry. Lambert could tie one of his shoelaces and Herbs would be on here claiming he did it the wrong way.

I get that most want Lambert out - to be honest I've had enough too, whilst still hoping he can turn it around with this last chance he has - but the constant attacking of everything he does has just got incredibly boring.

Careful Herbs, you're coming across as just a couple of steps away from becoming Blubfish. I think I talk for many on here when I say we don't want that to happen to you.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 12:34 - Sep 5 with 2787 viewsKeaneish

...the anti-PL stance is becoming reminiscent of Bluefish.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

"If it was me, I’d have played, I think the way it was I’d have played" on 12:42 - Sep 5 with 2768 viewspointofblue

I think Lamert should go but he is exactly right on this. We're still having to pay Downes whilst he's gone off to have a sulk.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024