Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just saw the pen again 12:11 - Oct 25 with 2869 viewsreusersfreekicks

Time for humble pie for me. Said it was one yesterday but can now see their bloke conned the ref. Have to feel for toto
Just saw the pen again on 12:13 - Oct 25 with 2552 viewsBluefish

He did but it was obvious to see it coming. Toto was very naive. I think Toto has done OK but very erratic, for me Wilson is a weaker player but I hope that they are 4th and 5th choice in time

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just saw the pen again on 12:20 - Oct 25 with 2517 viewsOsborneOneNil

Just saw the pen again on 12:13 - Oct 25 by Bluefish

He did but it was obvious to see it coming. Toto was very naive. I think Toto has done OK but very erratic, for me Wilson is a weaker player but I hope that they are 4th and 5th choice in time

Harsh mate. Never a pen, Toto did nothing wrong.
Just saw the pen again on 12:24 - Oct 25 with 2479 viewsBluefish

Just saw the pen again on 12:20 - Oct 25 by OsborneOneNil

In that position the striker can't scorebsontheb1st though would be get contact and go down. He made contact, it is soft as hell but would be given everytime

Just saw the pen again on 12:25 - Oct 25 with 2485 viewsStokieBlue

Yep, me too.

I still think it's dangerous to even give the ref the opportunity to award a penalty, he didn't need to even lean into him as he was going nowhere.

Still a very harsh one from the ref though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just saw the pen again on 12:30 - Oct 25 with 2449 viewsHeadWestBlue

I believe the seeds were planted in the refs mind when Toto raises his arms on the run into the box.
Just saw the pen again on 12:30 - Oct 25 with 2448 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Just saw the pen again on 12:24 - Oct 25 by Bluefish

In that position the striker can't scorebsontheb1st though would be get contact and go down. He made contact, it is soft as hell but would be given everytime

Contact does not always equal a foul. This is a myth which has came into the game over the last decade, football is (still) a contact sport.

It was never a penalty.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Just saw the pen again on 12:38 - Oct 25 with 2411 viewsgainsboroughblue

Can't even claim the ref was swayed by a baying home crowd either.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Just saw the pen again on 12:39 - Oct 25 with 2385 viewsBluefish

Just saw the pen again on 12:30 - Oct 25 by The_Last_Baron

Contact does not always equal a foul. This is a myth which has came into the game over the last decade, football is (still) a contact sport.

It was never a penalty.

But it would be given every time so you have to work with the modern game

Login to get fewer ads

Just saw the pen again on 12:45 - Oct 25 with 2366 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Just saw the pen again on 12:24 - Oct 25 by Bluefish

What does 'scorebsontheb1st' mean? Have checked dictionary but can't find it.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Just saw the pen again on 12:55 - Oct 25 with 2329 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Just saw the pen again on 12:39 - Oct 25 by Bluefish

But it would be given every time so you have to work with the modern game

Given every time by who? Any ref worth his salt would wave it away.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Just saw the pen again on 13:04 - Oct 25 with 2295 viewstonybied

Imagine the pelters Toto would've got it he has just stood off the attacker and let him get in on goal. The defender is supposed to put himself as close to the attacker as possible to try and put the attacker off/force a mistake/make a challenge. If the attacker throws himself to the floor to try a con the ref then it's the refs problem for not following play not Toto's for putting pressure on the player!
Just saw the pen again on 13:09 - Oct 25 with 2276 viewsbilllm

Done the hard work pushing him to a place where he was running out of pitch and couldn't shoot or cross, only option to turn away from goal, no need to touch him, bit naive, but wasn't a penalty, crap descion
Just saw the pen again on 13:18 - Oct 25 with 2249 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just watched it again, was never a pen. Toto is a ridiculously strong bloke, and he’s up against a 20 year old kid. No tangle of legs at all, just an arm on arm, there was only going to be one winner.

Ref fell for it hook line and sinker.

Didn’t really matter because we didn’t deserve anything from the game in my humble opinion.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Just saw the pen again on 14:14 - Oct 25 with 2120 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just saw the pen again on 12:45 - Oct 25 by Tangledupin_Blue

What does 'scorebsontheb1st' mean? Have checked dictionary but can't find it.

To be fair, I thought that made more sense then most of Bluefish posts.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just saw the pen again on 14:15 - Oct 25 with 2118 viewsbackwaywhen

Just saw the pen again on 13:04 - Oct 25 by tonybied

Imagine the pelters Toto would've got it he has just stood off the attacker and let him get in on goal. The defender is supposed to put himself as close to the attacker as possible to try and put the attacker off/force a mistake/make a challenge. If the attacker throws himself to the floor to try a con the ref then it's the refs problem for not following play not Toto's for putting pressure on the player!

The trouble was he had done Toto for pace and got to the byline quicker , had Toto matched his pace he could have just blocked any attempts to cross into goal mouth .
Just saw the pen again on 14:15 - Oct 25 with 2116 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Their bloke was David Johnson's son. Didn't he have a reputation for diving too?

Just saw the pen again on 14:27 - Oct 25 with 2083 viewsGuthrum

Altho if he had stood off just a bit, then I doubt the attacker would have been able to control the ball before it went over the line, let alone fashioning a decent shot. But it's far easier to say that now than to make such a split-second call in the heat of the action.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just saw the pen again on 14:28 - Oct 25 with 2083 viewspatrickswell

I fear the refs are really screwing Toto over. It seems like he constantly gets penalised for using his upper body strength in situations where the emphasis is on “staying strong”. At this rate, he’s going to be rendered impotent, because he’s going to fear competing with an opposition player in a 50:50 grapple.
Just saw the pen again on 14:30 - Oct 25 with 2072 viewspatrickswell

Just saw the pen again on 13:18 - Oct 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

Just watched it again, was never a pen. Toto is a ridiculously strong bloke, and he’s up against a 20 year old kid. No tangle of legs at all, just an arm on arm, there was only going to be one winner.

Ref fell for it hook line and sinker.

Didn’t really matter because we didn’t deserve anything from the game in my humble opinion.

We deserved a point from a goalless draw.

Which we didn’t get because the referee screwed us over.
Just saw the pen again on 14:30 - Oct 25 with 2071 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just saw the pen again on 14:27 - Oct 25 by Guthrum

Altho if he had stood off just a bit, then I doubt the attacker would have been able to control the ball before it went over the line, let alone fashioning a decent shot. But it's far easier to say that now than to make such a split-second call in the heat of the action.

I think Toto leant into him because Johnson had more pace than him and to ensure he didn't just get round him and play the ball. Both Tuesday's (which was rightly a penalty) and yesterday's had a lot to do with the striker out-pacing him.

I think he was very unlucky yesterday, but it may well be time to play Woolfenden or even McGuinness instead.

Just saw the pen again on 14:34 - Oct 25 with 2054 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just saw the pen again on 14:30 - Oct 25 by patrickswell

We deserved a point from a goalless draw.

Which we didn’t get because the referee screwed us over.

I think we deserved a point too. However, they did create a few chances and what did for us was our lack of gamesmanship.

If we had contested the drop ball that their player refused to return when the referee told him to ... if Edwards had thrown himself down when challenged in the box, then maybe we would have got a result. However, we would need to do it in a more convincing way than we tend to and it isn't right that the team that is more savvy in how to "play the ref" should win.

That said, Lambert's comments after the game were bang out of order still. He can think it but can't so obviously say it.

Just saw the pen again on 16:41 - Oct 25 with 1924 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

My concern is if the ref saw that as a foul why was either of the tackles on Bishop seconds earlier not given? the second one the bloke tries to kick Teddys legs from under him.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 18:50]
Just saw the pen again on 23:22 - Oct 25 with 1718 viewsGarv

Correct.

I can't stand it when someone says 'he gave the referee a decision to make'. It's nonsense.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Just saw the pen again on 23:24 - Oct 25 with 1713 viewsbournemouthblue

I still don't get why the referee plays an advantage for a foul on Bishop and then allows the play to continue despite no advantage being had?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Just saw the pen again on 23:25 - Oct 25 with 1708 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just saw the pen again on 23:24 - Oct 25 by bournemouthblue

I still don't get why the referee plays an advantage for a foul on Bishop and then allows the play to continue despite no advantage being had?

He deemed it no foul. Not sure how he deems that one no foul but the one in the area seconds later is. EDIT: If he was playing advantage it is an even worse decision because we didn't have the ball at all.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 23:26]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024