Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 08:57 - Nov 11 with 1404 viewsWickets

5 wins in the last 7 games at this level is for me unacceptable the demise of last season is within touching distance already . Please Mr Evans act now to save our season this club has sunk low enough. Ignore the Lambert smokescreen that is in full throttle we need to move on .
[Post edited 11 Nov 2020 8:58]
Lambert on 09:08 - Nov 11 with 1353 viewsPendejo

Do you need to edit that again?

Substitute win for defeat?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Lambert on 09:11 - Nov 11 with 1343 viewsMrTown

I presume you mean defeats (not wins).

But I think it would be hard for anyone to disagree 5 defeats in 7 isn't pleasant reading.

Big 8 games coming up, we pull through with a positive set of results he stays, anything around 6 points or less, pull the trigger for me.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert on 09:27 - Nov 11 with 1324 viewsJack27

Lambert on 09:11 - Nov 11 by MrTown

But I think it would be hard for anyone to disagree 5 defeats in 7 isn't pleasant reading.

Big 8 games coming up, we pull through with a positive set of results he stays, anything around 6 points or less, pull the trigger for me.

Out of the 5 defeats, we’re including last night, which was our youth team. Portsmouth, where we made 9 changes and lost to an offside goal in extra time and Sunderland away, with that dodgy penalty. I’m not saying everything is perfect but it’s certainly not doom and gloom.
Lambert on 09:38 - Nov 11 with 1298 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert on 09:27 - Nov 11 by Jack27

Out of the 5 defeats, we’re including last night, which was our youth team. Portsmouth, where we made 9 changes and lost to an offside goal in extra time and Sunderland away, with that dodgy penalty. I’m not saying everything is perfect but it’s certainly not doom and gloom.

Well yes, if you exclude most of the defeats our recent form looks a lot better...! 🙄

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert on 09:41 - Nov 11 with 1289 viewshomer_123

Doesn't that, somewhat, gloss over the different between how we actually played at the beginning of the season compared to the last 5 or 6 games?

Just look at how poor we are for long periods? Why can we only play in spells? Why do many mistakes and why do we seem to get punished so?

We can play decent football but it's exactly like under Hurst - it's for short spells, we never dominate and we shoot ourselves in the foot more often than not. It's not feeling like progress.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lambert on 09:42 - Nov 11 with 1287 viewsSimonds92

Lambert on 09:38 - Nov 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well yes, if you exclude most of the defeats our recent form looks a lot better...! 🙄

He's right though, as much as we all think he should have been binned last season if you take this season as a clean(ish) slate, no manager should get sacked off the back of 4 horrific refereeing decisions.
Lambert on 09:43 - Nov 11 with 1274 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert on 09:42 - Nov 11 by Simonds92

He's right though, as much as we all think he should have been binned last season if you take this season as a clean(ish) slate, no manager should get sacked off the back of 4 horrific refereeing decisions.

Even better, if you exclude everything he did in his first year and a half here plus the recent downturn in form, his record is fantastic! 🙄

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert on 09:45 - Nov 11 with 1268 viewshaynes_toe1

Lambert on 09:43 - Nov 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Even better, if you exclude everything he did in his first year and a half here plus the recent downturn in form, his record is fantastic! 🙄

Basically, if we can just restrict to including his 3 best wins since being manager, he's got a 100% win record and the football ain't half bad.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 09:45 - Nov 11 with 1271 viewshomer_123

Lambert on 09:42 - Nov 11 by Simonds92

But we cannot take this season in isolation though.

Lambert failed, utterly, in keeping us in the Championship - we didn't even put up a fight
Lambert failed, utterly, in getting us promoted or even serious contenders last season
So far this year, the last 5 or 6 games has seen us revert to last season (injuries and decisions aside - just look at how we have been playing).

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lambert on 09:59 - Nov 11 with 1242 viewsSimonds92

Lambert on 09:45 - Nov 11 by homer_123

Lambert failed, utterly, in keeping us in the Championship - we didn't even put up a fight
Lambert failed, utterly, in getting us promoted or even serious contenders last season
So far this year, the last 5 or 6 games has seen us revert to last season (injuries and decisions aside - just look at how we have been playing).

I agree he's been dreadful but the point remains that he wasnt sacked when he should of been. You have to base it on this season because thats how the owner is going to view it. Whether or not he's the right man long term i think everyone would agree he is not but I do think there are quite a few positives so far this season. Unless we collapse in the next 8 games its not worth upsetting what's currently going on. If in 8 games time we're outside the top 6 i would pull the trigger, if we're top we will have to stick with him.
Lambert on 10:12 - Nov 11 with 1210 viewspatrickswell

Lambert on 09:41 - Nov 11 by homer_123

Doesn't that, somewhat, gloss over the different between how we actually played at the beginning of the season compared to the last 5 or 6 games?

Just look at how poor we are for long periods? Why can we only play in spells? Why do many mistakes and why do we seem to get punished so?

We can play decent football but it's exactly like under Hurst - it's for short spells, we never dominate and we shoot ourselves in the foot more often than not. It's not feeling like progress.

I think you'll find recently that it's the referees who've been shooting us - squarely in the heart.

I agree about the playing in spells conundrum, but the fact is that, but for the errors of officials (an error subsequently acknowledged by Kevin Johnson, the Lincoln referee) those spells would have been good enough for 2 draws at worst.
Lambert on 10:30 - Nov 11 with 1168 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert on 09:08 - Nov 11 by Pendejo

Do you need to edit that again?

Substitute win for defeat?

Maybe going for the power of positive thinking approach?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert on 10:31 - Nov 11 with 1169 viewsPilgrimblue

Lambert on 09:45 - Nov 11 by homer_123

Agreed with all that. Lambert can't send his teams out and get it right but needs half time to sort it!
I don't think we should dwell on the refs too much as if we can't score then its down to PL. It's been convenient to blame the refs but how many penalties have we scored? Can't get penalty in our own half. We're too slow, too predictable and too inconsistent.
PL needs to shake up some players who aren't pulling their weight (Huws Bennetts).
What gets me is that other teams we've seen look fitter and better organised. If hadn't been our defence doing better than they're getting credit for we'd have lost more.
Lambert on 10:41 - Nov 11 with 1151 viewsWickets

Lambert on 09:11 - Nov 11 by MrTown

YES SORRY ITS BEEN ONE OF THOSE MORNINGS AFTER A DISSOPOINTING NIGHT .!!
Lambert on 10:48 - Nov 11 with 1144 viewsWickets

I think we were complacent when things started to fall apart last season .Sorry but up to recently i have been all for giving PL a bit more time but somehow i just cant see him getting us through this poor spell . For me its not enough to keep blaming poor Ref's that just does not help its just papering over the cracks .
Lambert on 10:50 - Nov 11 with 1138 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert on 10:41 - Nov 11 by Wickets

YES SORRY ITS BEEN ONE OF THOSE MORNINGS AFTER A DISSOPOINTING NIGHT .!!

Didn't you "really enjoy it", just like Lambert?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert on 11:58 - Nov 11 with 1072 viewsWickets

Lambert on 10:50 - Nov 11 by Swansea_Blue

Didn't you "really enjoy it", just like Lambert?

Thats what i mean when i say papering over the cracks ,use youngsters by all means we all encourage that but dont throw a 8 or 9 of them on the pitch at the same time and then there is the petty scwabbles with the likes of Donacien , Woofie, Dobra !! not good .
Lambert on 14:16 - Nov 11 with 1010 viewshadleighboyblue

Lambert on 09:41 - Nov 11 by homer_123

Does anyone really think Lambert is the man to take this club forward ?

He's had long enough ,

I even doubt the players think he is
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024