Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans 12:17 - Nov 19 with 3487 viewsTieDyedIn95

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/karl-fuller-ipswich-town-letting-fans-down-1-693145

Evans is doing the bare minimum here with the expected result, League One. We're not lighting up the league with our performances, or team (which we're told should easily get us out of this league, despite being made up of players who largely put us here) and we have shown no ambition other than to participate in cup competitions. We are as far removed from the legacy of Sir Alf. and Sir Bobby and even George Burley as we ever have been and I don't see that changing regardless of whoever is the manager until Evans moves on.

We as a support have given the man too easy a time and put absolutely no pressure on him to do any better than he has either, we've swallowed the soundbites and spin and accepted our fate because he keeps the club afloat. I am sorry, simply existing is not good enough for Ipswich Town.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 12:20 - Nov 19 with 1929 viewsHerbivore

So what do you intend to do?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 12:50 - Nov 19 with 1879 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 12:20 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

So what do you intend to do?

Party like it's 1999?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 12:53 - Nov 19 with 1875 viewsSwansea_Blue

I do agree that it's a disgraceful attitude to hold the cups in disdain. 'We don't care whether we win this game or not' is a terrible message to give out. Which is pretty much what it is, even if we hear the empty rhetoric around putting out a team to be competitive. The truth is that we're repeatedly shown to be not competitive, even against lower league clubs.

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 12:55 - Nov 19 with 1860 viewsgordon

Completely agree re just taking £10k fines just to make a point (I presume that's the reason). Seems utterly unnecessary given that we have so many senior players not playing regularly who would benefit from matches to keep them fit.
Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:07 - Nov 19 with 1826 viewsMonkeyAlan

We just arnt up to scratch on the pitch or off it. The manager is clueless, the players are weak farts and the owner is a Muppet. It's an utter disgrace where we are. Supporters have let Evans off for way to long. Keeping us afloat is one thing, but watching the club slowly disintegrate year on year is another and that's what is happening. It makes me so angry everytime l think about it.
Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:09 - Nov 19 with 1815 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I don't think the lack of ambition at the club, directon or structure under Evans could be argued, and I would like to see a good argument from someone to suggest otherwise.

As I have mentioned previously. Credit must be given to Evans for financing this football club through the difficult times, it must be - (although it will restrict the limited finances we have already in the long term).

But as I say, I see no counter-argument to suggest he has ambition, desire, structure or plan for this football club. He's stuck being the owner of us, not wants to be the owner of us. He is just a bank to this football club, and his football knowledge is either very limited or very poor, and his footballing desicions have generally been very poor.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 13:10]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:10 - Nov 19 with 1804 viewshype313

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:09 - Nov 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

I don't think the lack of ambition at the club, directon or structure under Evans could be argued, and I would like to see a good argument from someone to suggest otherwise.

As I have mentioned previously. Credit must be given to Evans for financing this football club through the difficult times, it must be - (although it will restrict the limited finances we have already in the long term).

But as I say, I see no counter-argument to suggest he has ambition, desire, structure or plan for this football club. He's stuck being the owner of us, not wants to be the owner of us. He is just a bank to this football club, and his football knowledge is either very limited or very poor, and his footballing desicions have generally been very poor.

Indeed, I wonder how the conversation would have gone years ago with Sheepshanks..

DS ; Marcus, Fancy buying us, you will never make it to the promised land, and 12 years later you will still be pumping in £6m of your own money.

ME; Er, no thanks.

And that's where we are.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 13:11]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:12 - Nov 19 with 1790 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:10 - Nov 19 by hype313

Indeed, I wonder how the conversation would have gone years ago with Sheepshanks..

DS ; Marcus, Fancy buying us, you will never make it to the promised land, and 12 years later you will still be pumping in £6m of your own money.

ME; Er, no thanks.

And that's where we are.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 13:11]

I think if I recall correctly, Sheepshanks did him up like a bit of kipper. Sold him the Premier League dream and sold the idea to Evans that it would only take a quick invesment of a few million to reach the promise land.

Login to get fewer ads

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:13 - Nov 19 with 1766 viewsHerbivore

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:07 - Nov 19 by MonkeyAlan

We just arnt up to scratch on the pitch or off it. The manager is clueless, the players are weak farts and the owner is a Muppet. It's an utter disgrace where we are. Supporters have let Evans off for way to long. Keeping us afloat is one thing, but watching the club slowly disintegrate year on year is another and that's what is happening. It makes me so angry everytime l think about it.

So what are you doing about it?

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:13 - Nov 19 with 1775 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:07 - Nov 19 by MonkeyAlan

^This

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:15 - Nov 19 with 1762 viewsHerbivore

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:12 - Nov 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think if I recall correctly, Sheepshanks did him up like a bit of kipper. Sold him the Premier League dream and sold the idea to Evans that it would only take a quick invesment of a few million to reach the promise land.

At that time it was perfectly feasible to do that, especially with what he inherited.

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:15 - Nov 19 with 1772 viewsgordon

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:09 - Nov 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

Yes - one of the most striking things about ITFC is how much the culture of the club has seemed to change with each managerial appointment - we don't hire managers to fit in with our ethos and culture, we hire managers and hope that they instil an ethos and culture in the club.

If you're also very bad at judging managers and judging people, that's a recipe for disaster.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 13:15]
Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:17 - Nov 19 with 1746 viewshype313

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:12 - Nov 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

I would like to think that Evan's wasn't that naïve.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:20 - Nov 19 with 1731 viewsbackwaywhen

Although I agree with your take on our current situation/predicament we have to be careful what we wish for .... without Evans current input of monies we would be fooked I’m afraid to say.
Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:21 - Nov 19 with 1724 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:17 - Nov 19 by hype313

I would like to think that Evan's wasn't that naïve.

That is the story as Evans himself tells it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:29 - Nov 19 with 1686 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:15 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

At that time it was perfectly feasible to do that, especially with what he inherited.

Again, got the big purchases wrong in his early tenure.

Up until Mick arrived the bulk of the big transfers were.

If Mick had had the budget in his 5 year tenure that was given in the 5 years before Mick under Evans, I wouldn't be suprised if we were a consistent top 6 side right now.

But again Evans fluffed his footballing decisions.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 13:29]

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:32 - Nov 19 with 1661 viewsHerbivore

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:29 - Nov 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

Again, got the big purchases wrong in his early tenure.

Up until Mick arrived the bulk of the big transfers were.

If Mick had had the budget in his 5 year tenure that was given in the 5 years before Mick under Evans, I wouldn't be suprised if we were a consistent top 6 side right now.

But again Evans fluffed his footballing decisions.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 13:29]

He gave too much money too soon to a rookie manager in Magilton, and Jim didn't really utilise that money very well. Signed way too many CMs and I genuinely can't remember a time since then that we haven't had too many CMs. Then he sacked Jim, went for a headline grabbing appointment, and gave him close to a blank chequebook. Evans needed a football man at the club from day 1 to help keep things in check, instead he gave his managers a ton of rope and they all ended up hanging themselves.

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:38 - Nov 19 with 1647 viewsusm

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:15 - Nov 19 by gordon

Yes - one of the most striking things about ITFC is how much the culture of the club has seemed to change with each managerial appointment - we don't hire managers to fit in with our ethos and culture, we hire managers and hope that they instil an ethos and culture in the club.

If you're also very bad at judging managers and judging people, that's a recipe for disaster.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 13:15]

Hes a successful businessman, so Id be very surprised if he is a poor judge of people.
I dont think he has a clue about football and thats the problem.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:40 - Nov 19 with 1635 viewsPJH

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:15 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

Yes it was.

I am sure that ME believed it as did many ITFC Shareholders.

I have said it before on here but when I left the Shareholders meeting that approved ME's takeover I phoned my son and said "we have just bought promotion" because at that time promotion was buyable.
Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:43 - Nov 19 with 1632 viewsStokieBlue

He keeps us afloat by handing over a decent chunk of money every year and now with the salary cap he can't just throw money at it and buy a team even if he wanted to.

So what do you think he can do? What do you want him to do?

All very good to have a moan but you've not really contributed anything to the debate.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:47 - Nov 19 with 1620 viewsChrisd

I read that article and agreed with most things Karl Fuller suggested. We've sadly deteriorated under ME's ownership. Yes, I appreciate he puts in £6m to keep us afloat each season, but that's all it is. I even believe ME is quite happy if the club remained in L1. I appreciate us as loyal supporters don't want to hear it, but realistically he's been funding us as a L1 club for the last few seasons and look where we find ourselves, throw in the wage cap too...he's quids in! Also, look at the investment which will be needed to make us even remotely competitive in the Championship, that won't come cheaply both in fees and wages. Does he want to dip into his deep pockets more than he needs to and lose even more money? I very much doubt it.

I do sometimes feel grateful he is our owner especially in this current financial climate and the fact he doesn't really interfere in footballing matters, but equally reality bites and I'm frustrated our demise has been very much under his watch and continues to be so. As a club we've lacked drive, ambition, leadership and we keep flip-flopping with this unconvincing 5 point plan. There's very little to buy in to or believe that ME actually wants the club to succeed both on or off the pitch.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 15:19]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:52 - Nov 19 with 1594 views66notout

Surely, if Sheepshanks was that astute. we would never have been in such a financial mess in the first place.
Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:57 - Nov 19 with 1579 viewsBlueBadger

Woah, woah, woah, The Football is Better and see Seeing New Grounds - what else do you want, the moon on a stick?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 13:59 - Nov 19 with 1576 viewsitfcjoe

He makes the point about playing 66 games in 80/81, but the season totally fell apart because the squad were knackered

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Agree with Karl Fuller - We are happy to exist with no ambition under Evans on 14:00 - Nov 19 with 1571 viewsitfcjoe

I think Sheepshanks thinks he was done up like a kipper with what Evans said he'd do and what he has subsequently done also

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024